Home > Relationship > Anu Krishna

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach 

787 Answers | 107 Followers

Answered on Apr 12, 2024

Hi Ma'am, I am 66 years old my wife has expired since 11 months and i am in affair with my brother sister in law who is divorce and by age 55 years in services .I have two audit children's well settled married and living separately . they have their kids and enjoying their life . I feel alone and could not pass time on holiday . During my working days services it is ok in office . we use to meeting on holiday . she is staying with his younger brother . even she want to have happy relation with me . How can i convene my children's and her family member . kindly advise .
Ans: Dear Ashok,
I am truly sorry for your loss...
Find courage to sit with your children and tell them about it. Do expect that there is a possibility of rejection from them as they have never seen you with any other lady other than their mother. So the initial rejection and mockery is a possibility. It will be the same at her end as well. The family members will cite age, society etc as a reason as to why this relationship/alliance is wrong.
Both of you must be patient through all of this and give it some time. Your children and her family members may still after all this still be uncomfortable and not accept this, be prepared and do what you must. It's your lives, isn't it?
But do keep a positive outlook and expect things to go in your favor as sooner than later, people will see the intent behind all this is the need for companionship. Also, on your part, do ensure your children that no one can replace their mother; though they are adults, they will still need this reassuring...Take it one step at a time...

Answered on Apr 12, 2024

Child counselling - psychological and career guidance Background:- My son is soon going to enter his teen age in couple of months. I’m a widow with no assistance from both sides of the family. My sons been in boarding all along however last year I brought him back, took a career backseat Working from home, dedicating all my time todays him. Off late bad company at school is influencing him and has resulted into major issues pertaining to behaviour and disrespect towards teachers, other parents and me. He doesn’t feel guilty or acknowledge the fact that he needs to stop being a bully and be the sane kind caring child he use to be. Tried someone free counselling it back fired. Education grades are dropping and he’s got no inclination towards academics. He’s interested in things that can’t earn him a career option. He was in Igcse board and has to move him to cbse so struggling with school, curriculum, new area new friends and isn’t understanding the impact of his actions. Very concerned for his future cause everything I earn was and is invested in his boarding and schooling and I’ve not saved enough for the future. What to do next? He’s been identified with Attention deficiency when he was 8yrs just before lockdown but we didn’t pursue any treatment. My frustration too comes out on him and gets the worst of me but that’s pushed him even further away from me. He’s interested are physical and not Education inclined my friends suggest remove him from these expensive schools( paying 3.5lac minimum every year) and put him in a local school and just save for my future. I can’t be so selfish. I had put him in best school and selected subjects like French so that if he goes abroad a foreign language can help and he anyways struggles to even pass in Hindi and local languages so selected a school too so that his board exams eventually he will have to write only English and French exams that can help him score. After sacrificing my time health career and money I feel in these 6 months everything is going downhill my anxiety and stress has gone out of control. His friends are being a terrible influence and it’s scary cause I’ve had some major complaints from teachers and other parents. What do I do? I can’t give up I have faith and only hope it’s just a phase I’m still loving caring and trying to talk with him and understand where can we mend things before it’s late and hoping for some guidance
It is a difficult phase that you are going through...
It will be worth pulling him out of the school for a while...it's not just to save money but also to focus on his therapy that he surely needs to get into. Also, during his therapy, you will know where his interest lie...Do remember, we are all unique...some of us take up professions that may not give us immediate money but it trickles in later or maybe it comes in the form of satisfaction rather than money.
You are attempting to secure his future and you are right as a single mom to do that because you want your son to be in a stable place which you did not experience. But his path in life is his to follow...any attempt to control it will cause the two of you a lot of emotional upheavals.
Kindly get him assessed again as you did mention Attention Deficiency...that will allow for appropriate corrective measures right away which will channelize his energies in the right direction. Otherwise both you and he will be on a roller coaster ride that never stops and this will lead to more stress and strain. Pause for a moment and put his health as a priority even if it means taking a break from school for a while. The sooner his emotions find a useful path, he will shine in what he is meant to...Take a deep breath...you are doing a great job!

Answered on Apr 12, 2024

Hello madam, i m 32 year married women, my husband love more than anything, he is good in everything, he take care of me, he bring me whatever i want, he is very good in bed. But i dont love him. Before marriage i had boyfriend, he never accepted me and assured he will marry me, so i decided to marry my husband in 2019. Till oct 2022 i had communication with my ex boyfriend, but when he got married he stopped calling me and i also stoped thinking about him. Lately i meet guy in my office he is 23, music teacher, not so good looking, not completed graduation, not financial strong but i developed feeling for him. I lied to him about my marriage, to get close to him. Once my husband caught me doing wrong, told me to not do. But still i want to continue and want to live with this guy. I want to divorce and live with young guy. I am doing correct or not please suggest.
The fact that you are asking me whether it is correct or not shows that you are absolutely questioning yourself...
You yourself said that your husband loves you more than anything...then what makes you go around in circles searching for love and attention outside? Obviously you are unable to appreciate what you have...when you can't see that you have a stable life, all you think of doing is thinking of the boyfriend who did not accept you and the young boy who all of 23 is immature and financially unstable with who you want to live with!
Are things described in a nutshell now? You are free to make your choices but also know that you will have to bear the consequences.
At 23,
What sort of a life ahead he visualized for himself?
Does it include you?
What is the guarantee that he will not meet younger women later on?
And if you wish to start a family considering that he is already 23, does he have the capability to support you and the baby?
- Have you considered all of this?
Kindly step up for yourself and start thinking rather than running around in a scattered way looking for someone else to make you happy...

Answered on Apr 09, 2024

My wife got posted in distant place 10 years back. I had to ask for help from my inlaws as our child was very young. They started to live with her. After 1 year she got transferred back to the place where I was living. She got a flat from the company and we started to live together. Since then my inlaws are also staying with us. They purchased another flat nearby but are not willing to move there. Now, the problem is that whenever me and my wife have a quarrel she just stops talking and starts to take decisions in consultation with my inlaws. I am completely out of the loop in these circumstances. Over the years my relationship with inlaws has gone sour and quarrels with wife have been lasting longer (upto 2 months). My inlaws are otherwise well behaved but their presence somehow is hindering the process of natural reconciliation between me and my spouse or I am perceiving the situation incorrectly. Please guide
What you all have done is jumped impulsively into one situation, made it comfortable asking people to help and then jumped back into the original situation and not knowing how to ask the same people to stay away!
Your wife has to grow out of her parents being around and you have to understand that your in-laws have got used to stepping in while you were away.
It's about time that you and your wife had a mature conversation on how to manage your family yourselves and be responsible for raising your child. But do remember to deal with your in-laws carefully. After all, they gracefully kept their lives on hold to help your wife and your child. Without hurting their sentiments, you are going to have to convey to them that you are thankful for what they have done for you BUT now you would like to be there for your family. Initially, this will hurt them and your wife, but anymore of this game will pull you and wife away from one another. So, they do need to move out...
You are not cutting strings but simply loosening the grip it currently has which is unhealthy for your marriage. Hope that your wife also understands this which means she will put you to test and in her mind or vocally compare what you bring to the table and how her parents supported her. Bear with it and as the two of you work together in putting the family back together, she will eventually understand that this is for the best.

Answered on Apr 08, 2024

hii im 18 yrs old ..my parents found out about my bf.. actually they have caught me 5 to 6 times and always told me to leave him.. and i used to leave him but after sometime we again get reunited .. my parents have snatched my phone and telling me whether to choose them or my bf.. they are telling me to live in their house according to them otherwise i should leave their house.. i love both of them so much i got my bf after lot of struggles and fights .. i dont know what should i do..my bf is also from another religion and now my parents are telling me that they will not let me study further and will take me to my hometown forever and will get me married their with someone else
At 18 when you are still emotionally immature and financially not yet stable, what else do you expect your parents to do?
They are doing what they think is the right thing for you to keep you safe. My suggestion would be to focus on what must matter to you most at this age; your studies...put down your goals and stick to them...
As cruel as it may seem to you that the whole world is against your association with the boy, remember that you have a life ahead of you that will give you the necessary space for such a relationship...so work towards yourself first, so that when you actually get into a relationship, you know that it is right for you!
Right now, you know that your parents may very well pull you out from studies and there goes your dreams of a better future...So, please stop being foolish and step up for yourself and do what's right for you!

Answered on Apr 06, 2024

Good Day Hi its been around 10 years of Marriage . I do have a Son who is 5 years old and is slightly facing Autism issues we have consulted a Specialist for the same who has generally suggested a few therapies to follow which we are currently following. My Wife is some what upset since her belief was that this issue is related genetic and one of my sibling already had such abnormalities in their kid so that's the reason our kid is facing this. and she really regrets this marriage. Whenever there is any arguments at home she always keeps on repeatedly saying that she regrets this marriage since this problem within the child has arisen because of some genetic imbalance within my family . Also since my kid was born she always preferred to sleep separately, rather there has been no physical intimation since last 6 months when came to know abt my kids problem. Is it really advisable that if she is not happy with me rather part away so that she could stay happy with somebody else since i personally feel i myself i am responsible to be the unlucky one and the root cause of all the problems. So would happy to get some suggestion from your end.
So what does a parent do when one of their children has a challenge either physically or mentally?
Blame the other parent? Wash their hands off the responsibility?
Whatever it is, nothing justifies what your wife here is up to...what I can gather is that she feels a certain fear managing this situation.
Yes, your son may require more time and attention from both you and your wife in certain areas of life, but with this care and support, he will slowly get to a place where he can manage all by himself...
Now, if your wife has decided to play this blame game and isolate herself from you as a way of punishing you for genetics! Kindly take this to a mutual friend who can be unbiased and then teach the two of you to get back together for the sake of your son...

You must know that your guilt trip isn't helping you or your son...
Your wife must know that her blame game is driving her away from the marriage and her son...

Work towards a goal rather than against it!

Answered on Apr 06, 2024

Hello Gurus, I am in trouble. I was living in Canada from last 10 years till last year when I had to come back to India - my father was not well. My father passed away in November last year - but my mother is alone and is not in best health. My wife feels that I have cheated her by getting her back from Canada and she wants to go back immediately. She feels that my elder brother (who is in Australia) should take care of my mother. Our relationship has soured over last few months as she is always using brutal language for my mother and for my brother - in fact, it has always been the case - but so far I was just ignoring her. But now every time she says something nasty, I strongly retaliate back. On top of it, my wife is pregnant too. I am in trouble - I don't know what to do - whether to go back to US and leave my mother alone or with my brother - or to stay back and fight with pregnant wife :(
Well, your wife has not been able to adapt to the new situation that has out her in the midst of a lot of responsibilities. Very few of us can just jump and take charge and certainly your wife is not pleased with the relocation and the having to care for your mother...that is why she suggests that your brother care for her instead.
She is obviously not ready for this new phase of life and to be fair to her, relocations are not easy especially if has been working in Canada and also had a good social network...leaving all this behind can cause a lot of anguish...Kindly sort this issue before it blows up and lands on your marriage and creates more havoc.
Also, I do see a lot of people actually staying abroad and being able to care for their aged parents; you and your brother can iron out these details where the two of you can share this responsibility so that it does not just land on you. You can always work in Canada and have your mother over for a few months...
A lot of options that will need a lot of deliberation...rather than let the situation consume you, try to be in charge of it...start by mending the communication with your wife for starters...you both need to function as one unit whenever there is a challenge...isn't marriage all about this?

Answered on Apr 03, 2024

My spouse has a very strange ailment..whenever he sees any new female he wants to have relation with her and if he manages then he continues for a yr or at the most half and then finds a new and forgets the old. He says he is not able to give up his this addiction and it's beyond his control. Does such ailment really exists. I feel he is a womeniser. We are separated for last 5 yrs as not able to accept such character. He cooperated to go for councelling n had several visual psychological tests done also. But suddenly he refused to follow up. Pls help as is he really suffering? How do I treat him???
I am not a medical expert here but I am sure there is no ailment that gives way to chronic female enchantment.
It's a nice habit and he is happily indulging in it leading to a compulsive act now. What does he mean when he says that he is not able to give up this addiction? Then let him know that he needs to go to a doctor who specializes in this kind of de-addiction programs.
Since you have both separated, is there a possibility of the two of you getting back together and that is why you are interested in curing this addiction? If YES, get back together ONLY if he shows positive signs of improvement after seeking professional help on this...if not, please do not yield; you will then have to deal with the same habit and yet again go through the same cycle of insecurity and disappointments. Evaluate all this carefully and then decide what to do...
If he wants to get treated, why did he stop with the counseling? It seems like he 'likes' what he is doing...obviously it gives him some kick...Be wise getting involved in this all over again!

Answered on Apr 03, 2024

Mam,Namaskar Iam now 64 practicing as an advocate in civil court after getting retired from bank service. My wife though initially was not reluctant to allow me to get into the legal profession but recently she bears a strong despicable attitude towards legal profession and always naggs me to leave this profession. Many times I have tried to convince her about importance and value of legal profession and it's growing demand almost in ever walks of life but she remains totally unconvinced and always remains under fear psychosis. Recently she has drawn herself abundantly towards spiritual and religious sermons and lectures in you tube and seems to be quite impressed by this. Is this the reason or anything else? Kindly suggest a way out. Thanking you Anonymous
What is about the legal profession that she finds despicable? There is mostly likely a preconcieved notion about how the profession is or must be that possibly is making her have some sort of dislike towards it.
These differences can only come to light by having a conversation. She most certainly has some deep-seated belief about you being an advocate and who knows maybe some sort of fear as well (since u mentioned about it) and to turn all this off has found her path into religious practices.
Kindly take an appointment with someone who can help her come out of this fear as mere talking has not helped BUT continue to speak with her about this; it may enable her to share what is it that she fears and what she thinks may happen.

Answered on Mar 29, 2024

I am 65 years old and have history of sleeplessness and on tranquilizers. about two years back, it got so bad that one night I wanted to end it all. fortunately my wife was around and calmed me down. We saw a psychiatrist the next day and she put me on anti depressants. Since then I am sleeping well. But the fear is I feel I will not sleep without medication. Is it okay to take this medication life long. Is there a way I can go to sleep without medication like everybody else? allthough I am a diabetic my general health is good as I take part in endurance running and related activities.
You need medicines to sleep and now you worry that without that you worry that you won't sleep. That's how these medicines can be...make you dependent on them...
The better choice will be to grow out of them...any kind of dependence of anything or anyone is never healthy.
Speak with your doctor and state that you do not want to be dependent on medicines for something as natural as sleep...He/She will suggest ways to wean you off from the medicines and also hoping that they put you on some holistic treatment like meditation or other any alternative therapies that are known to eliminate the source of sleeplessness in you.
Be patient with this line of treatment as it will take time to identify the root of the problem but once it is found, it becomes easy to treat it once and for all hopefully taking you off medicines fully someday.
Kindly explore this option as this will help you to take charge of your life and sleep as well.

Answered on Mar 29, 2024

my husband died when my son is12.5yrs. he was fond ofcricket and after my sons birth he trained him my son is now 15 he is spineer and play verywell. secondly after my son sbirth he always with my son because he left job and taken vrs. i m single mother now. my son didnot cry cry when he dead nor whenever i talked withhim he didnot want to discuss about him . he irritate. and never from his side he talked about his papa. why i didnot understand. and what to do so that he will talk about his papa. iknow he has verygood memories with him he alawys pamper my son when he was alive. suggest what to do
Ans: Dear Shobha,
I am truly sorry for your loss...Loss of a loved one is one of the toughest phases in anyone's life!
Also, you must understand that each of us have a different way of dealing and coping with loss. Your son possibly feels more comfortable masking his sadness and not talking about how much he misses having his father around. Since you say that he has good memories of his father, spend time with him not discussing his father but actually playing on those memories and keeping those happy memories alive. Since, they bonded over cricket, talk more about that with him and how his father would have been proud of him now. Someday, when he is ready to talk about his father, he will...give him time and replay the good times as a family and especially cricket with his father.
The only time you need to be concerned is when he starts to show any signs of withdrawal from life in general...since you haven't mentioned this, I assume that your son is fine and is just not willing to discuss his father. Let him be...each of us process grief differently. Just bond with him as a caring mother that you are...that will keep him safe and stable.

Answered on Mar 26, 2024

Hi mam, actually I am having a trouble in my relationship. Me and my partner are from different castes but we love each other. Due to the fear of my parents I told him some days back that my parents will never agree for our marriage as he is one year younger than me, he is from different caste and we both are in the final stage of our professional course and have not gone for job yet. But we are unable to leave each other and keep on crying. Now I am thinking of talking about this to my parents once my exams are over in a couple of months because I'm already 24 and they will start looking for alliance for me. But my partner is like there's no problem on his side but he doesn't want me to hurt and ruin relationship with my parents due to this disclosure and says that its never going to happen with heavy emotions and teary eyes. I am also unable to control my emotions and tears. Please advise me on what to do please mam....
Well, your partner is being kind and thinking for you and your relationship with your parents. It is a nice trait to have to be empathetic but it may cost him the relationship. And he has taken this stance only because you have talked him about how fearful you are of your parents.
I guess instead of giving up like this, why don't the two of you sit down as adults and discuss how to talk to your parents and make this happen. When you act against what society and family set as norms, you should have expected something to go against the fairy tale event, right?
Since you did not set this tone in mind, now it's about taking the bull by the horns and finding what's the best solution. Why give up?

Answered on Mar 26, 2024

Dear Sir, I am 52 and my wife is 43. I have a ver strong sex drive and urge however my wife doesnt like it at all. Through we still have almost daily once (sometimes twice) sex. She is not at all interested in sex and seems she does not like it because of no foreplay / heavy weight (she is 80kg). I dont like to do it forcefully but have no choice as I cannot go outside or have extra marital affairs. How can I increase her interest?
Sexual compatibility between couples if often a miracle. So, if there is a clear mismatch, there is also clearly a reason behind it. You stated it yourself: Lack of foreplay and your wife being overweight. So, take care of the foreplay part...what stops you from indulging in active foreplay that will get her going? There is no need to jump into the act and then complain about her not being interested in sex.
- Instead change course and pay attention to foreplay.
- Also, indulge in a lot of non-sexual forms of intimacy like cuddling, hugging etc that helps her connect with you at an emotional level and this could give way to the act.
- Pay her compliments and every once in a while surprise her with little gifts. It validates her presence and importance within the marriage.
The point that I am making is: shift focus on non-sexual intimacy first before jumping into the 'sex' part. You will see that, that bonding helps sexual compatibility.

The other part on her being overweight could also be a challenge as it can affect the way she perceives herself besides ill-health that can impact sex life greatly. Gently coax her into working out/exercising everyday with a good nutrition plan which will go a long way in not just physical fitness but an overall well-being in all areas of life. If it helps, the two of you can look at this together and make 'couple goals' to fitness and compatibility. It can keep both of you motivated and also encourage a good bond as well.

And oh! Please do not count the number of times you actually have sex. There's no competition and no medals awarded...Please bond better first...

Answered on Mar 25, 2024

I am 50 years old lady. I have youger sister about 40+ age. she is very negative thinker from younger age. I dont have mother and father. i have younger brother. my younger sister was in depression at time lock down then after treatment she become nornal therefore we decided to do marriage as she is along and nobody is there to take care of her as I am also having family. I and my family did marriage of her without inform her depression condition to groom. now her husband telling we are cheated to him. toubling us what to do...
Is your sister in a depressive phase yet again that her husband feels like he has been cheated? If she had fever after marriage, would he still have felt cheated by the fact that you didn't tell him about any fever before marriage?
Mental health issues are still not freely accepted in our part of the world as yet...given this, I am not surprised at the way your sister's husband and his family are behaving this way. The only way is to pacify them about it by giving them the facts as they are now.
Appeal to their wise side that it is possible to manage depressive phases and that the support of family is of utmost importance. Now winning this argument will depend on how forward thinking they are and whether they will be able to brush of the social stigma of depression. It's a nasty game but one that you all are already in...give it your best shot and talk about it openly at least now for your sister's sake. Hiding this has caused an unnecessary drama, so being frank is your only best option now...

Answered on Mar 25, 2024

Hi Anu! So, I'm in dilemma of choosing a partner for me second time. I'm 36 yo divorcee, and met with a person 4yrs back with whom I shared great bonding and chemistry, but he never showed his love and care to me in past these years (as he was going through his divorce process too), but we both know that we both share some exceptional kind of bonding. Now, the twist comes, as we always have this on and off kind of relationship, so I started dating to a man from a matrimonial site. This matrimonial person seems in love with me and show the concern and love to me, the kind I wanted. Now, I am confused, because my previous bf is also thinking our future together as well as the matrimonial one. can you please help me in choosing the right partner for me. I can provide more information about both men in detail.
Aren't we always seeking for something that we lack within us?
Why the yearning for a particular expression of love? And how are you so sure that this person that you met on the matrimonial site already is in love with you?
Having said this, the off and on relationship is a person who will express love in a way that he is comfortable with but that is setting you off...so the matrimonial person seems exciting in a way as it aligns with your way of expressing love.
When in a dilemma, put all the cards on the table...there are other things besides expressing love that goes into making a relationship and/or a marriage. Have you factored all of that?
- List down things that are important to you in a marriage and a spouse
- How compatible are the two of you in terms of emotional bonding?
- Do your respective family values match?
- What are your thoughts on money, children, travel, passion etc?
These questions are a good start point exercise with both the men...it will give you a fair idea as to who is more aligned to your way of life. Then you can go ahead and make your decision.

Answered on Mar 25, 2024

Answered on Mar 21, 2024

Madam, Thanks for your advice recently. I am considering the idea of setting up a meeting of my 2 sons with my ex-wife, so that they get a chance to ask their questions and relieve the burden on their mind. But it can also end up with negative effects since memories carry with them their attached emotions too. Kindly provide your advice, considering the emotional state of my sons which I have mentioned in the previous query. Besides, it remains to be seen whether my ex-wife will agree to come for the meeting and will actually come in reality
I hope you are the same person who has asked this question:
https://gurus.rediff.com/question/qdtl/relationship/two-sons-aged-22-yrs-working-computer-hardware-support-executive/5150138

Well, a meeting between your sons and their mother might be a good idea but I would still suggest you do that by first talking/meeting her. If she is still in a place of blame-game, then perhaps the time is not right for the meeting. So, speak withe her first and assess if the meeting between her and the sons is a good idea.
If YES, be a facilitator of that meeting wherein you set the expectations of no expectations between them. This approach will allow them to be objective wherein they talk as adults and emotions will be heard but not acted upon. Emotions maybe raw still and the meeting may take a turn for the worse...so be prepared.
Also, if you still are filled with emotions that might get in the way of the meeting, then please ask someone else from the family to facilitate/mediate. Emotions must be used to build and not destroy; so your initial job will be to find out where everyone's heart and mind lie...tough one I agree, but I am sure with an objective mind, you will be able to do this!

Answered on Mar 21, 2024

Hi I want to remain Anonymous. I am 48 year married with 2 kids. 2 year ago my wife lost both her parent. As his elder brother has last his wife 2 year prior. i asked him and is 18 year daughter to stay within. I thought that as their is no , i must help in their time to need. The problem is that my brother in law (my wife elder brother) dones have decent job. Due to this i am facing a lot of financial problem, i have 2 kid and need to save money for their future education. However with 2 more memeber in the family suddenly added, it has drastically hampered by financial plan. I have discussed this issue with my wife but she is not ready to understand. During covid-19 thing went from bad to worst. please suggest what shoul di do i this case.
Well your kindness has been overused. Simply state this to your brother-in-law and your wife that you are not willing to do this anymore.
Drawing boundaries right at the beginning can build very healthy relationships wherein each of you realize that kindness cannot become a weak spot for the person showing that trait. Also, your brother-in-law has the perfect and comfortable financial cushion in you and will never try and look for a job that will pay him better.
Your wife might protest when you state your point of view BUT if she understands the financials, I am sure she herself will find a solution to this situation. Let her understand that her brother now needs to grow up and take on his own responsibilities.

Answered on Mar 21, 2024

My father & uncle started business 50 yrs back. I have joined 30yrs back. I kept working from 9 am to 5 pm under Uncle. Now around 2011 ,Uncle son joined .Till then everything was alowed & fine except core part was not allowed to handle by Uncle.After 2011, slowly my cousin started taking operations of factory under him . When I protested ,Uncle used to say he will see ,but did nothing about that. AlthoughUncle is genius as well as my Father ,but my Confidence started tumbling after 2019. When his son (lets say A) made whole work force according to him & I was cornered .As challenge I in 2020 started some operations to complete production & it run well until 2022. But they (Factory staff) introduced as if I was buyer of those components. It kept on untill uncle showed the debt as in lacs for me while he getting all support for his production from Everyone &My father tensed but doesnot retaliate. What should I do?
Ans: Dear SK,
Well, you need to build your territory and being a family business, boundaries have never been clear...It seems obvious that your uncle favors his son over you and your father does not want to ruffle feathers by standing up for you...then you stand up for yourself.
What position that you have earned through your hard work must be acknowledged...if it isn't and it's going to lead to a family rift, then maybe it's time for you to build something for yourself by expanding the business within or outside. It is difficult to balance relationships within the family and at work; somewhere emotions come in the way of doing what is right and just. So, play it safe and start looking at how you can expand your work profile and enhance what you can bring to the business exclusively through your skill sets. This helps pass a message down the organization as to you being an expert in that particular area. If this fails, well...let yourself shine where you can and must...

Answered on Mar 20, 2024

Hi ma'am I have suffered a lot with my parents since childhood they never allowed me to go outside with friends. I have never even attended a birthday party of my friends. They never want me to be independent and do something which I like to. Even on lockdown time they don't allow me to go to the terrace of my own house because they think I will talk with someone. Now I am doing a job in my city only but they also force me every day to leave that job because the are super unhappy that I am not dependent on them financially. I have a boyfriend and want to marry him but they will not agree to that also as it will be a intercaste marriage. And I will let them know about this they will house arrest me. My father also told me that even if I got a job of 1000k per month he is not going to allow me to do that. He just want me to stay in home do help my mother on house hold work and get married to his choice boy. I really love my boyfriend he is the one who supported me till now please help me that how can I get out of my house and get married to him. Also his parents are very supportive for me.
You are a grown-up...what makes you want to heed to your family's drama? Are you unsure of whether you will be able to make it without your family's support?
It's your life and if you know what you want of it and out of it, then do the things that make it happen. Take decisions and stick by them...
You clearly know what the issue is from your parents (from what you have shared here). When you are able to express it here to me, what stops you from actually telling your parents how you feel about the way they treat you? What will happen if you tell them that they are being obstacles in your happiness path?
Sometimes people; even if they are your parents must be told not to cross the line especially if it has begun to hamper your life's growth path. Be bold and firm...The biggest thing on your side is that your boyfriend and his family are in support of you. What more do you want?
Never heed to emotional blackmail from anyone even your own family. Your parents hold a great level of control over you and you have given them that power to do so...how much longer? Now when its' time for you to create your life, make sure what and how you include people in them.
Don't confront your parents, simply tell them that you are old enough to take decisions for yourself and that you would love if they supported you. If they don't and start their drama, you know what you must do...Build your life...

Answered on Mar 11, 2024

My younger brother has a habit of stealing. So I went on internet to see how one should approach the child to counsel him about stealing . I discussed the same with my parents and they agreed that my father will talk to him and go like, yes I know you stole 500 rupees and even I stole when I was a kid. I found this as the best way to confront a child who stole because i would never want to attack my young brother by asking "did you steal" this will make him think of excuses and scare him. I discussed all of this and I am sure I made the point very clear that you must not ask him 'did you steal'. Nevertheless, when bro came back home, my mom could not resist herself and took the matter in her own hands and the matter went the way I never wanted it to be. Lil bro ended up making up some weird excuse . Now we can never dig down the real cause why he stole. I cannot understand if my parents do not know how to talk why the hell they don't think of some better way. My mom just wanted to be clear of the fact that my brother stole money. She never wanted the deep roots of how he felt why he did so and all. My mom would think she does the best parenting because she never sets any boundaries and we are free to do anything. Be it partying aur roaming around till 11 at night. She thinks that kids need freedom and I gave that. Now my children will be the best of all. Like dude common, think about it once. This kind of things keep happening and I am very very frustrated now with all her techniques. What do I do. It is draining me mentally
Okay, so what exactly seems to get you worked up?
The fact that your younger brother steals?
OR
That you don't fancy your mother's parenting?
Mixing up the two is only going to complicate matters more...You may have an opinion on how your brother must be dealt with; share that opinion and then leave it to your parents...they know what to do...
And go give some credit yo your parents; they are still learning how to parent children in this digital age...as much as you may find reasons to criticize how your mother handles situations. do understand that they carry some wisdom from their experiences in life as well.
Now, all that wisdom may seem old-fashioned; then talk to her about it...offer your thoughts on it rather than finding few and many reasons as to WHY her techniques don't work. It will no doubt frustrate you as you are trying to accentuate the issue rather than solve it.
Have a chat with your mother, listen to her and then present your perspectives...there maybe thoughts that don't go well with you; SEEK clarifications and give when you think that your mother maybe right as well. If you feel that a few changes from her may help the situation as home to ease, then clearly state this and wait for her response. Explain to her about how it might help go to the root of any problem (in your brother's case).
Also, a strict talk with your brother is necessary as stealing that goes unnoticed today can lead to bigger things in future. Work together as a single family unit.
Change happens when everyone at home work together and not work at cross-purposes.
You are right from your point and view and your mother maybe right from hers. Talk and come to a conclusion rather than sit on opposite sides...Actually the secret to a very calm household is a lot of USEFUL communication...So do just that!

Answered on Mar 11, 2024

I am 42 years old,done B.A and B.ED.I feel anxious whenever i sit with others.Even i can't share my feelings. I am a housewife. When i cook food i feel anxious whether others will like my food or not.Each work give me anxious moment. I am married and have a adopted male child.
What will happen if someone does not like your food?
What will happen if someone does not like something that you said or did?
What will happen if someone does not like you?
That's okay...we are all entitled to our opinions, aren't we? We like something and we dislike something, we like some people and dislike a few others.
So what?
You might have to learn to accept that a few people may not like you, like what you wear, like what you cook, like what you say...and that's fine...does that change anything about who you are? NO!
Then pull yourself up and step out of this zone where you spend time feeling anxious about things that are not within your control...Learn to live with a simple fact that you maybe serving food to a person who dislikes your food...expect a few comments from them, brush it aside, take a deep breath and move on to the next thing.
BUT
If the person genuinely means well and sharing their feedback with you, take it well as it goes a long way in your self-improvement...we are constantly learning, right?

Also, if there is something that you can do with your amazing qualifications, you will have less time to mull over these things. Use your time wisely...

Answered on Mar 08, 2024

Madam, I have two sons, one aged 22 yrs (is working as a computer hardware support executive and is working hard) and another, aged 17 years (just appearing for his 12th std board exams in Commerce stream). I have obtained a divorce from my wife in sept 2023, after a legal process of 15 months. The divorce was a result of extra marital relationship by my wife for several years and she abruptly leaving the house in april 2022 without proper good byes and without "settling" my sons. My sons have been pulling on so long since they do not want me to get depressed. Particularly the younger one is apparently just going through life as a formality. Could you kindly suggest me how to keep them afloat and motivated, and retain / develop the zest which they had earlier
This is really sad and I can only imagine what you and the boys must be going through.
Any parent/loved one leaving without a trace does not offer closure and as much as the three of you have moved on, it can get tough making the mind understand and why it all happened.
There is NO clear answer to a WHY as it can only be derived out of one's own perceptions; hence make a story that helps you all move on...
1. Sit down with the boys and instead of reasoning out with them as to WHY it all happened, try and focus on WHAT NEXT?
This transition from WHY to WHAT NEXT brings out a series of options that guide you to transition into the next phase of life. It's not easy BUT possible only if you make that humble attempt.
2. Each of you need to heal from what's happened and the only way that is going to happen if you move into a positive space looking forward to what's in store for you.
3. The boys will slowly move on with career and other stuff BUT do make sure to tell them that 'not all women make similar choices'...this is to ensure that they go on to have healthy relationships in future. Motivate your younger one to join sports/gym; this ensures that he displaces any seething anger that he is carrying. If this does not work, take him to a professional who can help him through the struggle hat he is facing.
4. On your part, move into a space where you have a good social circle and thrive in your work as well. Seeing this, your boys will move away from taking care of you to supporting you. One step at a time...

Answered on Mar 06, 2024

I feel very disgusted to tell you that... I (17y female) was sitting with my mom and my cousin (28y male) was also there. My cousin was sitting besides me and after a while my mom left the house for about 10 minutes for some work. I felt sleepy so I slept on the bed itself. My cousin was still sitting besides me when I slept. After a while I woke up to a very bad feeling. My cousin was groping my butt from behind . I froze as I woke up.my whole body didn't respond at all. I was in shock . He kept touching me for a while. I don't know how I slept in that freezing position. But when I woke up my body was still in shock and he was still besides me. At first I thought it must be dream . But it was surely not a dream. I have noticed he always stares at my body and keeps finding ways to touch me. This all happened and I didn't tell anyone. It has been 3 months and I still can't get over it. I cannot even tell my parents as they will not believe me and it will cause lots of ups and downs if my parents overreact. I really don't know what to do. I feel disgusting.
Do tell your parents till they HEAR you! Initially, they may dismiss it as a misunderstanding on your part, but persist and keep telling them. Everyday...they may blame you, be upset with you, not talk to you or threaten you with something...BUT keep at it girl...
Someday, they will realize that they must trust their daughter and not the person who decided to abuse their daughter and then get away with it. If this guy gets away, he will try this again with you or some other innocent girl...so, speak up bravely and be firm with it.
If you have an older sibling or someone in the family who is closer to you in age, confide in them, so that they can also back you up.
And the next time, this person (cousin) visits, make eye contact with him when he stares...and ask him: Is there a problem?
If he has any ounce of shame and scare, he will leave or shift gazes. Most often abusers keep trying only because they feel no one can stand up to them. Once you stand up to him, he will cow down! Get back you power by actually feeling that you own your body and that you draw boundaries around it. Be brave!

Answered on Mar 05, 2024

Hello Anu Ji, I have cheated by one of my friend for almost 2 lakh rupees Plus i have my own personal loan of nearly 4 Lakhs in addition i have debt of nearly 3 lakh rupees of credit cards every thing was going well until jan 2024, suddenly i lost my job 2 months back. Now due to heavy loan bank people keeps calling me for repayment. I am under lot of pressure and think of ending my life some times. what should i do in this situation
It's time to buckle up NOW!
Stop all wasteful expenditure first...
Clear pending bills by selling immovable properties/other investments if any.
Also, if it is possible to invite a trusted friend/relative who can help you plan on how to get you out of this, that will be a good thing to do...
Ending your life is only giving up...hold on, seek help and people are willing to step in. Be graceful to whoever is willing to help you to plan on easing this mess and promise to make it up to them when things get better for you...AND keep this promise...
The future can be bright BUT only if you take the right steps now to ensure that...
Push on and keep at it...it's a phase that you are going through; it will ease!

Loading...Please wait!