Komal

Komal Jethmalani  |312 Answers  |Ask -

Dietician, Diabetes Expert - Answered on May 25, 2023

Komal Jethmalani is a practising dietician and nutritionist with over 26 years of experience.
She specialises in weight loss and diabetes management.
Jethmalani has completed her MSc in food and nutrition from SNDT University and trained at Jaslok Hospital.
Sudhir Question by Sudhir on Apr 15, 2023Hindi

I am 66 yrs / 5 Ft. 5 Inches / 92.5 Kgs. I want to reduce my belly and weight to desired level. My C.A.B.G (Heart Bypass surgery) is done in April, 2015. I do walking for 45 minutes daily in the morning. I left yoga 2 years back, but during that period my wt. was around 90 Kgs. Please advice me light exercise and diet to achieve desired wt.- Sudhir Bhawsar, Pune.

Ans: Abdominal, or visceral, fat is of concern because it's a key player in a variety of health problems. A combination of exercise and the right diet will help you lose this fat. Adopt healthy lifestyle interventions. Eat a healthy diet. Focus on plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains, and choose lean sources of protein and low-fat dairy products. Avoid foods like simple carbohydrates, which are processed, such as sugar, pasta, white bread, flour, and cookies, pastries, etc. Aerobic and strengthening exercises will aid in lowering body fat and increase muscle mass. Exercise for 30-40 minutes daily for at least 5 days in a week.

Sir, My son has secured a rank of 8680 in TS EAMCET and 4998 in AP EAMCET. As counseling in both states has not yet started, we are exploring various options. I have come to know that VIT-AP is offering seats through AP EAMCET. Additionally, he has received the following offers: - CSE at SRM Ramapuram - ECE at Amrita Nagercoil - CSE at KIIT Bhubaneswar Please suggest the best colleges in order of preference, keeping in mind my son's interest in pursuing CSE, preferably in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana where he may get a seat. Thank you.
Ans: Vijay Sir, Order of Preference (as you prefer AP / Telangana First) (1) VIT-AP (2) KIIT-Bhubaneswar (3) Any one of the Top 5-Colleges in AP through TS-EAMCET or AP-EAMCET (4) CSE-SRM. Please ignore ECE-Amrita-Nagercoil which is totally down-TN. Whatever Institute / University & Branch your Son chooses, he should keep upgrading his skills from his 1st year itself till his Campus Placement during his last year, from LinkedIn, Coursera, NPTEL, Internshala etc. and / or any other online platforms, recommended by his College Faculties, to be COMPETENT among other Students. All the BEST Vijay Sir, for your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | How to Prepare for Campus Recruitment? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.