Hi ma'am, I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday because he's not fully sure that he'll be able to convince his parents for the marriage. I am a Schedule caste and he's a Brahmin. I don't want to continue because it will make difficult for me to move on afterwards. Neither can I give up on him. He has been crying since last night but I think if he ever loved me he ought to take a stand for me.

Ans: i'm really sorry you're going through this. Breaking up with someone you love is incredibly hard, especially when it's due to societal and familial pressures. Your decision to step back reflects your strong understanding of your needs and boundaries, given the challenges of an inter-caste relationship.

Your boyfriend's distress shows he cares deeply, but it’s also clear that he’s struggling between his love for you and his family's expectations. Love involves making tough choices, and it’s valid to want a partner who can take a stand for you.

Take time to reflect on what you truly want and seek support from those close to you. Consider having an honest conversation with him to gain clarity about your future together. Remember, prioritizing your well-being and values is crucial, even when it means making difficult decisions.

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Dec 26, 2023

Hii Ma'am my boyfriend said our relationship will not be possible because of intercaste relationship and he told me his parents will not agree and my parents too. As I'm from schedule caste family and he is from general, his mother doesn't like me and she wants us to break up our relationship. So my boyfriend had break up with me, what should I do?
Ans: Hello Ms,
sorry to hear that you're going through a challenging situation. Inter-caste relationships can sometimes face societal and familial pressures, which can be difficult to navigate Try to understand the pressures your boyfriend may be facing from his family. Similarly, share your feelings and concerns with him. Empathy and understanding can be crucial in such situations. Consider your own values and priorities in a relationship. It's important to be with someone who respects and supports you despite societal norms. Assess whether you and your boyfriend share common values and are willing to navigate these challenges together.While it's important to fight for love, it's equally important to respect each other's choices. If, despite your efforts, your boyfriend is not willing to continue the relationship, it may be necessary to accept his decision and focus on healing. Remember, it's essential to be in a relationship where both partners feel respected and valued. If your boyfriend is unwilling to reconsider the relationship, it might be important to prioritize your own happiness and well-being in the long run. Take care of yourself emotionally and mentally. Breakups can be tough, and it's crucial to prioritize self-care during this period. Surround yourself with positive influences and engage in activities that bring you joy.

Hi mam, actually I am having a trouble in my relationship. Me and my partner are from different castes but we love each other. Due to the fear of my parents I told him some days back that my parents will never agree for our marriage as he is one year younger than me, he is from different caste and we both are in the final stage of our professional course and have not gone for job yet. But we are unable to leave each other and keep on crying. Now I am thinking of talking about this to my parents once my exams are over in a couple of months because I'm already 24 and they will start looking for alliance for me. But my partner is like there's no problem on his side but he doesn't want me to hurt and ruin relationship with my parents due to this disclosure and says that its never going to happen with heavy emotions and teary eyes. I am also unable to control my emotions and tears. Please advise me on what to do please mam....
Well, your partner is being kind and thinking for you and your relationship with your parents. It is a nice trait to have to be empathetic but it may cost him the relationship. And he has taken this stance only because you have talked him about how fearful you are of your parents.
I guess instead of giving up like this, why don't the two of you sit down as adults and discuss how to talk to your parents and make this happen. When you act against what society and family set as norms, you should have expected something to go against the fairy tale event, right?
Since you did not set this tone in mind, now it's about taking the bull by the horns and finding what's the best solution. Why give up?

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 12, 2024

So, We are in an 7yrs relationship. We both loved each other very much. But his parents didn't approve our marriage bcz of caste issue. So he decided to gave up. But I'm not in this situation to accept this & move on. I can't move on. What can we do? What can i do?

I am so sorry that you are going through such a tough time. It is never easy to let go of a relationship, especially a long-term one where you have emotionally invested for years. I am sure your partner put up a fight with his parents and only when he realized that it would not work out, he decided to give up. If you think about it, marrying into a family that does not accept you specifically for your caste would never be a happy experience. I understand that you want to end up with your boyfriend but sometimes we have to make tough choices in life. You don't have to move on immediately, but I would highly recommend you not to try and convince your partner. If he wants to stand up for your relationship, he will. Convincing him to do something that he isn't ready for will not fetch you the desired outcome. Things can end up getting more bitter.

I am sure you have tried communicating with him openly and told him how you are feeling and what is it that you want. Now it's time to give him some space. See what he is doing. You also have to look at it from his perspective. No matter how much he wants to, standing up to your parents is not easy.

Now you wait. See what he does next. Is he contacting you? Is he trying to continue fighting for your relationship? Every step matters. Marriage is a big deal. Don't rush into it. Seven years is nothing compared to an entire lifetime.

I truly believe you deserve better. Don't let such absurd discriminations put you down. Be patient. I'm sure it will work out in the end; one way or another.

hello ma'am I'm 27 independent girl . i want to marry my partner but my parents not agree due to intercaste i tried to convinced my mom last three year but she not agree and last month i told my father about him. he is not agree with my whole family denied to marry him because to caste. he is independent and his family dont have any issue regarding anything.my parents are said that they will not given their permission for intercaste marriage due to what people will say.because of my family have name in society. my partner family also have name in society. my elder cousin refuse to help me. from last 3 year i was so emotionally tried and sometime i dont want to live . he love me so much i dont want to lose him or cheat him .i dont want are relationship end like that. he never ever forgive me if i leave him.he waiting for me from last 4 years and in 4 years he is loyal with me. i dont understand what to do i feel heavyheartness and low .i can't sleep and eat ,forget things easily now i am exhausted all of this.please reply me as you can with best solution .
Ans: Dear Albatross,
Inter-religion marriages are still a taboo in society; so you are dealing with what has been normalized in society.
If you looking at your parents' approval, it may never happen. So decide how you want to go about it...Of course, you can try to patiently work with your parents and your partner. Think about how to get the two of them together so that your parents get a chance to meet him and interact with him.
Still, be prepared for things not to work out, but do make that humble attempt!
Make a decision that seems the best and stick with it...

Reach me: https://www.facebook.com/anukrish07/ AND https://www.linkedin.com/in/anukrishna-joyofserving/