Home > Money > Ulhas Joshi

Ulhas

Ulhas Joshi

Mutual Fund Expert 

242 Answers | 44 Followers

With over 16 years of experience in the mutual fund industry, Ulhas Joshi has helped numerous clients choose the right funds and create wealth.
Prior to joining RankMF as CEO, he was vice president (sales) at IDBI Asset Management Ltd.

Answered on Feb 16, 2024

Hi Hemant, Good day. I am planning to start SIP's (55K per month) in the following Mutual funds for a horizon of 5-7 years to create 1 corpus. Could you please review and suggest if they look fine or need any changes/alternate funds. I am fine to take higher risks. 1 Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan Growth 3000 2 Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 2500 3 HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 2500 4 Canara Robeco Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 5 Quant Mid Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 6 Motilal Oswal Midcap Fund Direct Growth 2000 7 HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities Direct Plan Growth 3000 8 Quant Infrastructure Fund Direct 3000 9 Quant Flexi Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 10 Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund Direct Growth 6000 11 HDFC Flexi Cap Direct Plan Growth 5000 12 ICICI Prudential Technology Direct Plan Growth 3000 13 HDFC Retirement Savings Fund Equity Plan Direct Growth 5000 14 HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan Growth 2500 15 UTI Nifty200 Momentum 30 Index Fund Direct Growth 2500 16 Bandhan Nifty 50 Index Fund Direct Plan Growth 3000 17 Nippon India Growth Fund Direct Growth 5000 Thank You!
Ans: Hello Rajesh & thanks for writing to me. I see lots of funds in your portfolio across multiple categories.

As your horizon is around 5 to 7 years, you can consider reducing exposure to pure equity funds and allocate higher amounts to hybrid funds like balanced advantage funds or multi asset/dynamic asset allocation funds.

I recommend you talk a financial planner who can understand your needs in depth to make a suitable plan for you.

Answered on Dec 26, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 23, 2023Translate
Gud Afternun Ulhas, I have a question regarding the choices of my 5 selected mutual funds. I have filtered them out considering diversification of scheme type , across AMCs & their performances in the long term. They are - Mirae Large cap fund, Nippon India multicap, HDFC flexicap, Kotak BAF and Quant small cap. Please suggest if they are okay for 15 years timefrae. I plans to 40k per month split into SIPs of these funds. Kindly suggest right percentage that I can consider allocating to each scheme type. Thank you.
Ans: Hello and thanks for writing to me. As you mention that your timeframe is 15 years, I am assuming that you do not require funds in the 15-year time period.

If this is the case, you can consider investing in a pure equity fund instead of a balanced advantage fund. Balanced advantage funds invest in a mix of debt and equity and as such can deliver returns less than pure equity funds. As your investment horizon is long at 15 years, you can consider starting an SIP in Kotak Emerging Equity or another mid cap fund.

Answered on Oct 19, 2023

Hi Ulhas, Good day. I am planning to start SIP's (55K per month) in the following Mutual funds for a horizon of 5-7 years to create 1 corpus. Could you please review and suggest if they look fine or need any changes/alternate funds. I am fine to take higher risks. 1 Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan Growth 3000 2 Nippon India Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 2500 3 HDFC Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 2500 4 Canara Robeco Small Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 5 Quant Mid Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 6 Motilal Oswal Midcap Fund Direct Growth 2000 7 HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities Direct Plan Growth 3000 8 Quant Infrastructure Fund Direct 3000 9 Quant Flexi Cap Fund Direct Growth 3000 10 Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund Direct Growth 6000 11 HDFC Flexi Cap Direct Plan Growth 5000 12 ICICI Prudential Technology Direct Plan Growth 3000 13 HDFC Retirement Savings Fund Equity Plan Direct Growth 5000 14 HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund Direct Plan Growth 2500 15 UTI Nifty200 Momentum 30 Index Fund Direct Growth 2500 16 Bandhan Nifty 50 Index Fund Direct Plan Growth 3000 17 Nippon India Growth Fund Direct Growth 5000 Thank You!
Ans: Hi Rajesh and thanks for writing to me. I assume that your goal is create a corpus of Rs.1 Crore. If your investments grow at around 12% XIRR, then you need to invest around Rs.76,000 every month to achieve your goal.

While most of the funds are pure equity funds, you can consider not investing in thematic funds like Infrastructure Fund or Technology funds and instead increase your allocation to flexi cap funds.

Similarly, you can also consider not investing in a balanced advantage fund and rather invest the sum in equity funds.

Note that these suggestions are made considering that you are fine with high risks associated with equity. If you share your risk profile, I may recommend some other funds.
Loading...Please wait!