Khevna

Khevna Shah  |16 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Feb 13, 2023

Khevna Shah is the head of human resources at Coverfox Insurance. She has 14 years of experience in human resources across industries like manufacturing, banking & financial services and insurance. Her expertise includes talent acquisition, retention, employee engagement and developing a performance focussed culture.

Hi every one I am working in a reputed group of company and having good position and good responsibility of my company, but last few month it has been observed that my boss is ignoring and bypassing me some how. He is promoting my juniors and playing a dirty politics, such as divide and rule. I had a chat with my top boss regarding this but no positive response till time. We had hot discussion with my boss. in my opinion top management is also listening of my boss and he is doing unethical job in group. Please advise the option. please help me out.

Ans: You already did the right thing by approaching your skip level when you realized that you are not being heard by your manager. In case you are convinced that the culture and management of the company is not suitable for you, the alternative could be to find something that is more apt for your professional growth & temperament.

My father & uncle started business 50 yrs back. I have joined 30yrs back. I kept working from 9 am to 5 pm under Uncle. Now around 2011 ,Uncle son joined .Till then everything was alowed & fine except core part was not allowed to handle by Uncle.After 2011, slowly my cousin started taking operations of factory under him . When I protested ,Uncle used to say he will see ,but did nothing about that. AlthoughUncle is genius as well as my Father ,but my Confidence started tumbling after 2019. When his son (lets say A) made whole work force according to him & I was cornered .As challenge I in 2020 started some operations to complete production & it run well until 2022. But they (Factory staff) introduced as if I was buyer of those components. It kept on untill uncle showed the debt as in lacs for me while he getting all support for his production from Everyone &My father tensed but doesnot retaliate. What should I do?
Ans: Dear SK,
Well, you need to build your territory and being a family business, boundaries have never been clear...It seems obvious that your uncle favors his son over you and your father does not want to ruffle feathers by standing up for you...then you stand up for yourself.
What position that you have earned through your hard work must be acknowledged...if it isn't and it's going to lead to a family rift, then maybe it's time for you to build something for yourself by expanding the business within or outside. It is difficult to balance relationships within the family and at work; somewhere emotions come in the way of doing what is right and just. So, play it safe and start looking at how you can expand your work profile and enhance what you can bring to the business exclusively through your skill sets. This helps pass a message down the organization as to you being an expert in that particular area. If this fails, well...let yourself shine where you can and must...

Workplace Expert - Answered on May 02, 2024

Sir, is it good to get into IIT Tirupathi for CSE or BITS Goa ECE ?
Ans: Some factors to consider before you decide out of these 2 Institutes (1) ECE is slightly tougher than CSE (2) Number of Recruiters / Companies visiting for Campus Recruitment will be lesser compared to CSE (3) Some IT Companies prefer even ECE Students during Campus Recruitment (3) Fees is much on higher side in BITS. Around 35.00 Lacs you will have to spend, whereas IIT-T is much affordable. (4) Your Interest: CSE or ECE?. Think for 5-minutes over these factors. You will be able to decide the better and more suitable one for you. All The BEST for your Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here