SG Question by SG on Apr 21, 2022Hindi

Hello dear, How you handle a relationship where both have love for each other but are not living happily?
We are married for 18 years now and have two grown up children.
My husband is very good. But he is not expressive. I feel he is very dry and unromantic from the beginning. There is no communication between us...Verbal or physical.
I have developed a sort of aversion to him and feel suffocated. I am not able to behave normally with him. I am always upset. Though he is very patient with me.
He is very good as a person and has no flaws, but he is always occupied with his work or mobile. I don't know how to handle myself.
Please advise how to make the relationship happier though I have no desire to make any efforts now as I feel it's all useless.
He doesn't see any problem. He feels this is very normal. The romantic relationship is not real, it's filmy. This is reality.

I feel we have a very formal relation. Just for society and children's sake I am stuck to him. I don't want to leave him but I also can't live with him. What to do?

Dear SG,

This seems to be a classic case of two opposites in a relationship which is most often the truth. Sometimes it’s a little extreme like in your case.

But even relationships like these can be managed very beautifully.

You can start by

• Listing down the commonalities between the two of you
  • Developing a new hobby together
  • Appreciating and celebrating your differences
  • Being in a space of gratitude for the silent care and love that he offers

Once he knows that you are making that effort without accusing him or making him feel inadequate, talk to him about what your feelings are how every once in a while, you can be pampered and cared for.

Show him rather than complain. Some men do find it rather difficult to express their love and being very demonstrative.

It’s just a different approach to what you want; when all else fails, you need to try something new to reach your outcome…that’s all….

Most importantly, keep playing in your mind, all the wonderful things that you have shared up until now.

What you choose to focus, grows in the mind…so, focus on what you have, guide him towards what you want and always be in gratitude.

I wish you the most beautiful journey ahead.

Hi Anu,I m 32 yr old girl and been married in arrange marriage with a guy he is also 32 it's been one year.He is very harsh to talk to and I get usually very hurt because of his words. I always feel like walking out of this marriage for peace. He is very unromantic and ungrateful. On top of this our views on marriage, togetherness and sex are very different. I never had sex with him till now. And I don't feel like having sex with him. There are many fights between us. The way his mother and father talk I feel stuck in my life.There is no progress in career because constantly we are under tensions. My past relationships were very nice and sweet so I always happened to compare him with my ex in my mind. I don't know what happens to me. When he comes close to me I stop talking breaths. We just cuddle each other and hug but other things like kiss and sex I don't feel to have. Please guide me as soon as possible.

Dear RJ,

Is there any reason for not wanting to be sexually intimate?

Most often this is linked to some emotional distress or filters in the mind that you are unaware of and which could be interfering in the two of you coming closer together.

A good round of talks with your partner can help you express your exact feelings to him.

What is bothering you, what you feel you don’t receive from him, why is it that you are unable to reciprocate…these are a few things that you can discuss with him.

Also, spending quality time together can ease and spruce up things a bit.

Most often, we love throwing our feelings under the rug pretending that they will go away; but they don’t, they come back to haunt you at times that you least expect them to.

So, when you feel stuck, think of what you can do to get un-stuck? What are all things that you can think, feel and do to free yourself so that you not only feel good, but you also start to focus on things that matter; like for example your career.

Comparing one human to the another and expecting them to change and be someone else; could this be one of the reasons for you to not want the sexual intimacy?

Sex is one of the dimensions in a marriage and it can bring the couple closer.

So rather than thinking of what is going wrong, focus on how you can make things work and enable your partner to join this journey of bringing back finer and joyful moments in a marriage.

Be happy!

Hey Anu ji I hope you are doing well.I am a 27-year-old woman, not married but engaged. I am a doctor by profession and we met through our parents. He is a pediatrician. I’m just MBBS. He is 33 and was damn good. Since the last few months there has been a sudden change in his behaviour and we have been fighting since then. We knew each other since a year and moved in together last October. I left my government job so that I could pursue my specialisation. I couldn't score a good rank due to which I couldn’t get admission. My parents are not rich enough for me to apply in a private college. He always abuses my parents saying they are not rich enough. He compares everything and has started talking to another specialist, a single woman. I am handling all house chores -- from laundry to cleaning, even emptying dustbin and making his cup of tea. He doesn't do anything except sleep, eat and work which is not so hectic because he is at a senior position.Is it right that we are having sex 2-3 times per day from so many months? Whenever I want to talk about something he asks for sex. If I say 'I need your attention and love' he gets grumpy and says 'you are always complaining.'Since this is my first relationship, I am comprising a lot. He didn't even remember our first anniversary or the day we met. In fact he stops talking to me since a month. He doesn’t pick up my calls or sees my messages. I have to call a third person to convey my message to at least pick up a call.Please help. I’m too stressed and even thought of committing suicide because I love him. But he doesn't love me from the last 3-4 months. I never get answers to my questions. He is like ‘I don't want to talk.’ He has become so egoistic and is behaving like a male chauvinist. I have to prepare for my exam too. Because of all this stress I have started having panic attacks and anxiety. I love him a lot but I can't stay in this relationship more. I can't bear the brunt. Only one-sided efforts are there from my side. He stopped making any efforts to reconcile or talk. I am an old school person. I lost my virginity to him but now I regret. Who will marry me knowing that I’m not a virgin anymore? Plzz help me

Dear NK,

When a partner does not validate your feelings and uses sex as a means to deflect from the problem, it’s a red flag, right?

So, what exactly do you get by being with him? Love cannot be a means to sell your very existence no matter who that is.

Call out such behaviour. Compromises do not form part of any relationship, contrary to what’s told to us.

Mutual understanding and gentle acceptance and most importantly loving compassion is what any relationship is all about.

When those efforts of yours are not being met with love and instead it has been ignored, what else are you going to do?

Not being able to respect a partner’s family and instead insulting them to feel better or prove a point, how do you think it is going to be in the future?

Do you see these red flags or are you simply choosing to close your eyes and pretend that everything is fine?

Do the right thing, for yourself and your being and welfare. Be strong like the way that you always have been.

My best wishes to you!

i had a love marriage 20 years back. we were in a relationship for 3years before that. but after marriage i realised the harsh reality. though we are in the same field, he prefers that i do all the househld work. we have two children 17 and 12 years old. he has also started neglecting his health. after work his only work is to sit on sofa , watch tv. he has gained a lot of weight, has started eating pan masala which i dislike. we also had no sex for the last four years. when confronted he always says that he is in no mood. last year i came in contact with his friend and once we had sex too. but the sad part is i dont really feel guilty about it. i have tried many times to talk to my husband about our sex life but he always ignores and put the blame on me that i have started growing old. however hard i try he is not able to have a erection, this frustrates me even more. he is very dominating at home too. what should i do ? everytime i try to think to move out of that marriage but am afraid of the society. since he is very caring in front of others. am worried about the kids too. please help what should i do? there is no use of talking to him, i have tried it many times. he is not ready to go to any councellor too.
Ans: It sounds like you are facing some serious challenges in your marriage and that you are feeling frustrated, unhappy, and trapped. It's important to remember that you are not alone and that many people find themselves in similar situations.

Here are some steps you can consider taking:

Seek support: Talk to a trusted friend or family member about your situation. Consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor who can provide you with support and guidance.

Take care of yourself: Make time for self-care and engage in activities that bring you joy and peace. This can help you manage stress and cope with the challenges you're facing.

Consider couples therapy: Even if your husband is not willing to attend therapy, consider seeking therapy for yourself. A therapist can help you understand your feelings and emotions and provide you with strategies for coping with the situation.

Be honest with yourself: It's important to be honest with yourself about your feelings and needs. If you are unhappy in your marriage and feel that it's unlikely to improve, it's okay to consider leaving the relationship.

Make a plan: If you decide that leaving the marriage is the best option, make a plan for how you will do so in a safe and practical manner. Consider the impact on your children and plan for their care and well-being.

Seek legal advice: If you decide to leave the marriage, consider seeking legal advice to understand your rights and responsibilities.

Remember, leaving a long-term relationship is a big decision and can be a difficult process. It's important to take the time to consider your options and seek support from trusted friends, family members, and professionals.

Asked by Anonymous - Nov 02, 2023Hindi
Dear Anu I have been married for 18 years with 2 teenage daughters. My husband has temper issues and I feel he is a perfectionist. He feels that whatever he says or feels is the only correct way to do it. I have a full time job though he earns much more than me. He travels a lot so I am the one running household, kids’ responsibilities, my own job and taking care of a bedridden father in law but nothing seems to matter. Sometimes I feel no matter how much I do it is never enough. I am wearing out, I have become irritated and cynical because of my marital relationship. I thought his anger will subside and he will mellow down with age but it seems to worsen. Something just keep my mouth shut so that he doesn’t pick up one more thing to put me down. I just don’t want to separate because I have 2 wonderful kids for whom we are one happy family. Please advise.
It's easy to get angry, throw the weight around and then make people around believe that 'This is who I am!'...
No! It's another way that adults behave having a temper tantrum and it's not okay...
Obviously, it will cause a huge strain in a relationship. In fact, if you and your husband had a better level of compatibility and understanding, the same situation at home with all the responsibilities that you are handling would not be weighing you down.
Emotional support can absolutely be a game changer for a couple who have young children and aged parents to care for and to be on the same page as a couple can help...
These anger issues have a source to them and hence need to be addressed...Else you will be stuck with the daily chores feeling the anguish and then the blame game will slowly begin...
Address this with a lot of patience (like you already have...) Communication between the two of you can take shape in the form of:
- Listening more than talking
- Expressing more than complaining

These small tweaks will first ensure smooth engagement between the two of you...and also, you should know...his anger can just be a form of him asking for attention but he does not know how to ask for it. So, it has to change from anger into expressing...
Does all this change take time? YES and constant and patient work...Marriage is work! And the benefits of bringing back a happy family is always seen in the children first...it's priceless...

Hello, I am 35 years old. Married. Not living with husband since an year, as he flirted with an office girl (this is the extent of it that I caught) and has tendency to do so. He is not emotionally aware (of himself or me) and I keep getting hurt as I am quite emotional. Also, I am not on talking terms with his parents as they had tried to sabotage our marriage in different ways on countless occasions. My husband wont agree (not that I want him to agree), but I think that's one reason of our increasing differences. I love him, but cannot find in my heart to move back with him ever again. We have a 5 year old kid, due to whom I am unable to move ahead with divorce. I am stuck in the midst, not knowing where to go next or stay in this same 'married but separated ' position forever. I'm definitely happier without the everyday petty bickering that we had when we lived together (which was turning me into a bitter and angry person, I don't want to be that). I have turned extremely distrustful of him. I do feel very lonely at times. We also went to a guidance counsellor to make the relation work some 1.5 years back, but my husband felt its a waste of money after 5 sessions, also he never invested in the emotional sorting that the counsellor mentioned our relation required. Any guidance?
Ans: It sounds like you're facing a complex and challenging situation. Here are some steps you might consider as you navigate your next steps:

Take care of yourself first and foremost. This means prioritizing your mental and emotional well-being. Consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor who can help you process your feelings, develop coping strategies, and explore your options moving forward.
Take some time to reflect on what you want for yourself and your child in the long term. Consider what kind of environment you want to create for your child, as well as what you need in terms of emotional fulfillment and stability.
If you feel comfortable, consider having an open and honest conversation with your husband about your concerns and feelings. Express how his actions have affected you and what you need from him moving forward. However, be prepared for the possibility that he may not be receptive or willing to change.
Consult with a family law attorney to understand your rights and options regarding divorce, custody, and child support. They can provide guidance tailored to your specific situation and help you navigate the legal process.
Regardless of whether you choose to stay married or pursue divorce, prioritize effective co-parenting for the well-being of your child. This may involve setting clear boundaries, communicating openly about parenting decisions, and prioritizing your child's needs above any personal conflicts.
Consider exploring alternative living arrangements or custody agreements that may better suit your needs and preferences. This could include living separately while co-parenting, or exploring shared custody arrangements that provide stability for your child while allowing you to maintain some distance from your husband.
Reach out to friends, family members, or support groups for additional support and guidance. It can be helpful to connect with others who have gone through similar experiences and can offer empathy, advice, and solidarity.
Ultimately, the decision of whether to stay married or pursue divorce is a deeply personal one that only you can make. Take your time, trust your instincts, and prioritize your own well-being and that of your child as you navigate this challenging process.

Hi, I am 36 years old. Single so far. In search of life partner. I am currently doing ?1.5L SIP monthly. Majority funds are midcap and flexicap. I also started ?5K monthly gold fund. Started gold fund from two months. Current savings are ?50L cash, ?45L mutual funds, ?22.5L PF, ?5L NPS & ?16L PPF. I want to reach the goal of ?5CR networth soon and feel relaxed and retire soon. I started the journey late. However, I am done with a property buying in Mumbai and loan free now. Please suggest me steps to reach the goal
Ans: That's a fantastic plan! You've made smart choices with your SIPs, debt investments, and being property-free. Here are some steps to consider reaching your Rs. 5 crore goal:

Strong Foundation:

Regular Savings: Your Rs. 1.5 lakh monthly SIP is a great start.

Diversified Portfolio: Having a mix of mid-cap, flexi-cap, and gold funds provides diversification. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Investments: Your PF, NPS, and PPF contributions provide stability and guaranteed returns.

Reaching for Rs. 5 Crore:

Time Horizon: While you started investing later, you still have a good 20-25 years for your investments to grow.

Potential for Increase: Consider increasing your SIP amount if your income allows.

Review Asset Allocation: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance and suggest if your asset allocation (mix of investments) is optimal for your Rs. 5 crore goal.

Focus on Equity: Equity funds have the potential for higher returns compared to debt, but also come with higher risk. A CFP can help you determine the right equity allocation for your goals.

Remember:

Long-Term Commitment: Building a Rs. 5 crore corpus requires a long-term investment horizon (ideally 15+ years).

Market Volatility: Equity markets can be volatile in the short term. Stay invested for the long term to ride out market fluctuations.

Professional Guidance: A CFP can create a personalized plan considering your risk tolerance, goals, and timeline.

You've made a great start! By consulting a CFP and potentially increasing your SIP or adjusting your asset allocation, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 5 crore goal!

Hi I am a 65 year old house wife looking for investment options to take care of myself. Income sources : Son gives 10000 and husband gives 3000 per month. I have an existing FD of 2 lakh rupees. Where all I can invest and I don't have a health insurance, any suggestions to plan my investment as well as health policy
Ans: It's wonderful that you're thinking about your financial security. Here are some ideas to consider:

Understanding Your Income:

Combined Income: You have a combined monthly income of Rs. 13,000 (Rs. 10,000 from son + Rs. 3,000 from husband).

Financial Goals: Consider your financial goals. Are you looking for regular income, to grow your savings, or both?

Investment Options:

FD Reinvestment: Consider reinvesting your existing FD or its interest to earn compound interest.

Debt Funds: Debt funds offer stability and regular income, potentially suitable for your situation.

Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government scheme offers attractive interest rates for senior citizens.

Importance of Health Insurance:

Medical Expenses: Medical emergencies can be expensive. Health insurance can help manage these costs.

Senior Citizen Plans: Many insurance companies offer health insurance plans specifically designed for senior citizens.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your needs, risk tolerance, and suggest suitable investment options and health insurance plans.
Here's a simplified example (not a recommendation):

Invest Rs. 50,000 in Debt Funds (SIP): Start a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in debt funds for regular income.

Invest Remaining in SCSS: Invest the remaining amount in SCSS for a good interest rate and safety.

Get a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan: Choose a health insurance plan that covers your needs and budget.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your investments and health insurance plan (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your needs.

Start Investing Early: Even a small amount invested regularly can grow significantly over time.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses for unexpected situations.

By taking charge of your finances and getting proper health coverage, you can secure a brighter future for yourself!

Sir I am 37 and have wife and a son of age 7 years. I am not yet invested in markets and a corpus of around 30 lacs is invested in various FDs .However I would like to make a lump sum investment of around 23 lakhs in markets through various instruments out of these FDs as I understand these are not optimal enough and additionally start some SIPs. I am an executive in a PSU for last 14 years and wish take aim at two goals: a)Gathering a sufficient corpus for my son's education at the end of eleven years from now and b) Having a decent amount to retire with at an age of sixty .My in hand salary is around 1.25 lacs/month .Kindly suggest a plan as to diversification of these monetary assets for these goals.
Ans: Building Wealth for Your Family's Future: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on taking charge of your family's financial future! Moving Rs. 23 lakh from FDs to markets for your son's education and retirement is a wise decision. Here's a roadmap to consider:

Financial Goals:

Child's Education (11 Years): You need a corpus in 11 years for your son's education.

Retirement (23 Years): You aim to retire comfortably at 60 (23 years from now).

Investment Strategy:

Diversification is Key: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your Rs. 23 lakh investment across different asset classes to manage risk.

Consider a CFP: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, income, and create a personalized plan.

Potential Asset Allocation:

Equity Funds (SIPs & Lump Sum): Invest a portion in diversified equity mutual funds (SIPs and lump sum) for potentially higher growth over the long term. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Funds (SIPs): Invest another portion in debt funds (SIPs) for stability and regular income. This could help meet your son's education needs closer to the time.

Gold (Small Portion): Consider a small allocation to gold for portfolio diversification.

Benefits of SIPs:

Rupee-Cost Averaging: SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging, potentially reducing the impact of market volatility.

Equity Funds (60%): Invest 60% in a mix of Large-Cap and Multi-Cap equity funds (SIPs and lump sum).

Debt Funds (30%): Invest 30% in debt funds (SIPs) with a maturity horizon aligned with your son's education goal.

Gold (10%): Invest 10% in gold ETFs or Gold Savings Funds.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your evolving goals.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses in easily accessible savings.

Long-Term View: Focus on the long term for your goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

By consulting a CFP and implementing a diversified investment strategy, you can increase your chances of achieving your financial goals for your son's education and a comfortable retirement!

I am 55 years of age and have 10 lakh in equity 2lakh in nifty and mf and 2 crore in pf. I want 2lakh post retirement
Ans: Planning for Your Retirement: Reaching Your Rs. 2 Lakh Monthly Goal
That's a fantastic question! Having Rs. 2 crore in your PF puts you in a good position for retirement. Here's how to potentially achieve your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal:

Current Portfolio:

Strong PF Corpus: Your Rs. 2 crore PF corpus is a great foundation for retirement income.

Equity Investments: Your investments in equity and Nifty mutual funds have growth potential but also come with risk.

Estimating Retirement Income:

PF Pension: You can expect a monthly pension from your PF contributions. A CFP can help estimate the amount.

Investment Income: Your equity investments could generate income through dividends or capital appreciation. However, returns cannot be guaranteed.

Reaching the Rs. 2 Lakh Goal:

Bridging the Gap: There might be a gap between your estimated retirement income and your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal.

Planning & Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your situation and suggest strategies to bridge the gap.

Potential Strategies:

Retirement Planning Tools: CFPs can use retirement planning tools to estimate your future income needs and suggest how to reach your Rs. 2 lakh goal.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): A CFP can recommend creating an SWP from your existing investments to generate a regular income stream.

Additional Investments: They might suggest investing a portion of your equity corpus into debt funds for stability and regular income.

Remember:

Investment Horizon: Consider how long you plan to invest before needing the income. A longer horizon allows for potentially higher returns but also comes with higher risk.

Review and Adjust: Your retirement plan needs to be reviewed and adjusted periodically (at least annually) to reflect changes in your life and market conditions.

By consulting a CFP, you can create a personalized retirement plan that increases your chances of achieving your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal!

I get long term benefit of Rs 1.46 lakh and short term benefit of Rs 48000/-.can I over Rs 50000/- in ELSS mutual fund to save long term capital gain tax in long term benefit of profit?
Ans: Looking to save tax on your long-term capital gains is a smart financial decision! Here's how ELSS (Equity Linked Saving Scheme) funds can help:

ELSS and Long-Term Capital Gains:

Tax Exemption: ELSS investments offer tax exemption up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C.

Long-Term Benefit: If you hold your ELSS units for over one year, gains exceeding Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at a concessional rate of 10%.

Your Scenario:

Long-Term Gain: Your Rs. 1.46 lakh long-term gain can potentially be exempt from tax if invested in ELSS before the end of the financial year.
Using ELSS to Offset Gains:

Amount to Invest: While you can invest any amount in ELSS, to offset your entire gain, you'd need to invest an amount that after considering expense ratio (fund fee) leaves you with Rs. 1.46 lakh. A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can help calculate the exact amount.
Important Reminders:

Lock-in Period: ELSS comes with a 3-year lock-in period. You cannot withdraw your money before that.

Market Volatility: Equity markets are volatile. Invest for the long term (5+ years) to ride out market fluctuations.

Benefits of Consulting a CFP:

Investment Strategy: A CFP can assess your risk tolerance and financial goals and suggest a suitable ELSS fund or a combination of funds for your investment.

Portfolio Review: They can review your existing investments and recommend how ELSS can fit within your overall portfolio strategy.

ELSS is a great tax-saving tool, but remember, it's also an equity investment. Consider consulting a CFP to ensure it aligns with your financial goals!

I want 1 crore for corpus. I invest monthly SIP 30000/- . Pls suggest best fund.
Ans: the best fund for you depends on several factors, including:

Investment Horizon: How long do you plan to invest until you need the Rs. 1 crore? A longer timeframe allows for more aggressive investments with higher growth potential but also higher risk.
Risk Tolerance: How comfortable are you with potential losses? Lower risk tolerance suggests a more conservative portfolio with a larger debt allocation.
Financial Goals: Is this Rs. 1 crore for retirement, a child's education, or another goal? Your goals will influence your investment strategy.
Here's what I can recommend:

Consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP): A CFP can consider your unique circumstances and create a personalized investment plan to achieve your Rs. 1 crore goal.

Consider a Diversified Portfolio: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. A diversified portfolio with a mix of asset classes (equity, debt, etc.) can help manage risk. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Start an SIP in Equity Funds: If you have a long investment horizon and a moderate risk tolerance, consider a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in diversified equity mutual funds. SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging.

Here's an example (not a recommendation):

Invest in a Multi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Multi-Cap Fund invests across market capitalizations (large, mid, small).

Invest in a Flexi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Flexi-Cap Fund allows the fund manager more flexibility in choosing companies across market capitalizations.

Invest in a Debt Fund (SIP): A Debt Fund provides stability and regular income.

Remember:

There's no guaranteed path to Rs. 1 crore. Investment markets are volatile, and returns cannot be guaranteed.

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains on track.

By consulting a CFP and building a diversified portfolio, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 1 crore goal!

I am 61 years retired person, majority of retirement funds invested in FDs and have MF investment in few funds. Iam getting pension required for maintenance as of now. Parakh Parikh Flexi Fund (Balance Rs.3 lakh with monthly SIP of Rs 2500/-, other than this, I have SBIMF Small Cap Rs.5 lakh, SBI Bluechip 3.50 lakh, Sundaram Midcap 2 lakh, Nipon India Largecap Rs. 2 lakh, ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh, Bandhan Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh. Contrubuting Rs. 50,000/- pa in NPS for tax purpose. Please guide
Ans: That's a great question, sir! You've made smart choices by investing in FDs for safety and some MFs for growth. Here's a breakdown of your portfolio and some suggestions:

Current Portfolio Mix:

Large Focus: A significant portion is in large-cap funds (SBI Bluechip, Nippon India Largecap) offering stability but potentially lower growth.

Small & Mid-Cap Exposure: You have exposure to small-cap (SBI Small Cap) and mid-cap funds (Sundaram Midcap) which can offer higher growth potential but also come with higher risk.

Infrastructure Focus: Investments in ICICI Prudential Infrastructure and Bandhan Infrastructure provide exposure to a specific sector.

Flexi-Cap Fund: Parag Parikh Flexi Cap offers diversification across market capitalizations.

Potential for Improvement:

Review Asset Allocation: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to assess your risk tolerance and adjust your asset allocation (mix of investments) if needed. They can help ensure a balance between stability (debt) and growth (equity).

Sector Concentration: Consider reducing your exposure to the infrastructure sector if a large part of your portfolio is already there. Diversification helps manage risk.

Review Fund Performance: Review the performance of your existing funds. A CFP can help analyze their performance and suggest replacements if necessary.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: A CFP can create a personalized investment plan considering your retirement goals, risk tolerance, and existing investments.

Ongoing Monitoring: They can monitor your portfolio and recommend adjustments as your needs evolve.

Your NPS contribution is commendable! It provides tax benefits and some retirement income.

Remember:

Risk Tolerance: As a retiree, your risk tolerance might be lower. A CFP can help adjust your portfolio accordingly.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with a CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your goals.

By consulting a CFP, you can potentially optimize your portfolio for stability, growth, and income needs during your retirement!

Quant value fund or quant infrastructure fund advisable to invest war time
Ans: Wartime can be a challenging time for investors. Here's a breakdown of Quant Value Fund and Quant Infrastructure Fund to help you decide which might be more suitable:

Understanding the Options:

Quant Value Fund: This fund focuses on undervalued stocks, aiming to buy them at a discount and potentially benefit when their prices rise.

Quant Infrastructure Fund: This fund invests in companies related to infrastructure development (roads, bridges, etc.). Infrastructure projects might be less affected by war compared to other sectors.

Wartime Considerations:

Market Volatility: Stock markets can be very volatile during wartime. Both Quant Value and Quant Infrastructure Funds could experience price fluctuations.

Economic Uncertainty: Wars can create economic uncertainty, impacting both stock and infrastructure sectors.

Potential Advantages of Quant Value Fund:

Long-Term Growth: Value investing focuses on long-term potential. If the war resolves and the economy recovers, undervalued stocks could see significant growth.
Potential Advantages of Quant Infrastructure Fund:

Defensive Investment: Infrastructure projects are often considered essential and might be less impacted by short-term disruptions.
Important Note:

No Guarantee of Performance: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Both funds could experience losses during wartime.

Seek Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is highly recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and existing portfolio to suggest the most suitable option during wartime.
Additional Considerations:

Diversification: Consider diversifying your investments beyond just Quant funds. This can help mitigate risk during volatile times.

Long-Term Focus: Maintain a long-term perspective. While wartime can create short-term challenges, markets tend to recover over time.

Remember:

Wartime is unpredictable. Investing during such periods comes with inherent risks.

Professional guidance is valuable. A CFP can help you navigate these uncertainties and create a sound investment strategy.

By seeking professional advice and potentially diversifying your portfolio, you can potentially make informed investment decisions during this challenging time!

I have invested rs 5 lac in axis tax saver direct growth on 10th april.is it a good fund and can i tansfer to direct IDCW plan.
Ans: That's a great question! Investing Rs. 5 lakh in Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth on April 10th shows initiative. Here's a breakdown of your current fund and the pros and cons of Direct vs. Regular Mutual Fund investment plans:

Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth:

Reputable Fund House: Axis Mutual Fund is a well-established fund house.

Tax Benefits: ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) funds offer tax deductions under Section 80C.

Direct Plan: You've chosen a Direct Plan, which has a lower expense ratio (fee) compared to a Regular Plan. However, there are some trade-offs to consider:

Disadvantages of Direct Plans:

No Advisor Guidance: Direct plans don't involve a distributor or advisor. You'll need to do your own research and choose funds.

Limited Support: There might be limited hand-holding or investment guidance compared to a Regular Plan.

Portfolio Management: The responsibility of monitoring your portfolio and making adjustments falls on you.

Benefits of Regular Plans (through a Mutual Fund Distributor - MFD):

Personalized Advice: An MFD can assess your risk tolerance and goals, recommending suitable funds.

Ongoing Support: They can provide ongoing support, answer your questions, and help navigate market fluctuations.

Convenience: They handle paperwork, account opening, and transactions, saving you time.

MFD with CFP Qualification:

Expert Guidance: Consider an MFD with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification. They have advanced financial planning knowledge and can create a personalized investment plan for you.
Considering Transfer to IDCW Plan:

Exit Load: Check if Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth has an exit load (fee for exiting within a specific period).

Similar Investment Style? Ensure the IDCW plan has a similar investment style and tax benefits as your current fund.

Review Both Funds: Research both Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth and the IDCW plan to compare their performance and investment strategies.

Remember:

Long-Term View: Focus on your long-term investment goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

Diversification Matters: Consider if this ELSS fund fits with your overall asset allocation (mix of investments).

By potentially consulting an MFD-CFP, you can gain valuable guidance and build a portfolio aligned with your goals, even if you decide to stick with your Direct Plan!

I am 32 and wants to initiate SIP amounting INR 15000-20000 per month . Can you guide me how to initiate this , it will be for long term min. next 10-15 year . My goal is to have decent savings and funds for my just born baby future
Ans: Starting SIPs for You & Your Little One: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on becoming a parent and thinking about your future! Starting a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) of Rs. 15,000-20,000 per month is a fantastic decision for your long-term goals (10-15 years). Here's how to get started and some tips:

Choosing a Platform:

Multiple Options: You can invest in SIPs through various platforms:
Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a CFP: Get personalized advice and invest through their platform.
Online Investment Platforms: Invest directly on user-friendly platforms.
Benefits of Each Platform:

MFD-CFP: They assess your risk tolerance, goals, and recommend suitable funds. They can also help choose an online platform.
Online Platforms: Convenient and offer a variety of investment options.
Initiating Your SIP:

Simple Process: Once you choose a platform and funds, setting up an SIP is straightforward.

Automated Investment: SIPs automatically deduct a fixed amount from your bank account every month, ensuring disciplined investing.

Investing for Your Child:

Separate SIP: Consider a separate SIP for your child's future goals (education, etc.). A CFP can help choose child-specific plans.
Remember:

Start Early: The power of compounding can significantly grow your investments over time. 10-15 years is a great investment horizon.

Diversification is Key: Invest in a mix of equity and debt funds to balance growth potential with stability. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Review Regularly: Review your SIPs (at least annually) with your MFD-CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your evolving goals.

Congrats on taking charge of your finances! SIPs are a powerful tool to build wealth for you and your child's future.