VT Question by VT on Apr 21, 2022Hindi

Hi Anu Mam, I am married for 4 and half years now and have a 3 YO daughter.
It was an arranged marriage and the families were not familiar before.
My husband started behaving very rude to me since my delivery.
He verbally abused me a lot and finally I felt something was not right and opened up to my parents, that I cannot live with him, after 3 years of the marriage.

My parents supported me and took care of my daughter and me for a year, after which my husband's family convinced me to move back in with him.
When I came back to him I realised he has been cheating on me with his colleague since before my delivery.
When I probed the issue further, without his knowledge, I got to know that he was a polygamous person for 10 years before marriage. And this shook me.

I also got to know he is meeting one of his female friends after work hours, lying to me. He used to lie to me that he's going out for work and talk to his other female friend on phone for an hour or so, once every 2-3 days.
He watches porn every day.
I slowly realised he was just exploiting me for his physical needs.
Our relationship turned cold within 3 months of restarting it.
I was not happy being with him. I knew he was still cheating me, but he never obliged when I confronted.
I could not let him even touch me.
Finally, out of his frustration, he physically attacked me in front of our daughter, tried to strangulate my throat, but by god's grace I could save myself.
That day, 30th of August 2021, I left that place with my daughter and came back to my parents.
I filled a domestic harassment complaint against him, for which we're attending counselling sessions now.
I cannot think of a life with him anymore.
I have made up my mind to file an FIR against him soon.
I must say I'm at peace now.
But I still have a lot of anguish whenever those thoughts cross my mind.
Is there a way where I can make peace with my past?

Dear VT,

Physical abuse is an absolute NO and so is emotional abuse. I am glad that you have decided to end this misery for yourself and your daughter.

Please proceed with the FIR and also seek help on filing divorce if that is something that you have considered.

On the emotional part of it, it will take a toll on you and your health as you are unprepared at this moment. So start by:

1. Visualizing your life without him by your side

2. Working out granular details like finances and where you will live

3. Chalking out a plan of how your daughter will be cared for if you choose to start working

4. Listing down which close family member will be by your side (emotionally) always

As daunting as this may seem, it is possible to be in a space of strength which you already have experienced and move ahead to a better life.

And as you do this, do remember that you are important, so take care of your thoughts and feelings as well.

• Spend time in Nature observing and appreciating
  • Surround yourself with people and friends who care and love you unconditionally
  • Exercise and eat well
  • Pamper yourself by caring for your physical appearances
  • Do what you love every day at least for 30 minutes

Situations maybe tough to handle but building strength within at the right time is what is the need of the hour.
I wish you the best in life always.

Hi Anu, 10+yrs of marriage with 9yr child. I am working and all financial burden is on me. I shifted separately from in-laws' house due to financial constraints and expectations. Though elder-in-law, my in-laws didn't try to stop our decision to move separately despite knowing that my hubby doesn't earn a single penny. They expected and I had to share financial expenses with my marginal income 10 years ago. After 5 years, we moved nearby and purchased our own house very little help from in-laws. I took loan and managed the rest with help from my family and friends. In between a lot happened. My father-in-law expired and my mother-in-law is a cancer patient. My mother-in-law started expecting from my hubby and me, probably because her younger son shifted with her family. She didn't want to live with them due to differences with her wife. She complained to my husband that we are not good enough to take care of her. I already had a lot of burden from office so I told my husband to take care of our child as well for sometime. He was quite depressed and frustrated with his inability to earn. Already lot of my hard-earned money has been put in his work n wasted.Now, the real problem during these difficult times began when we started fighting. I had lot of office stress and after mother in law complained, she shifted with her other son. At times, I got frustrated with my child also due to the whole mess, financial burden. I felt like all my hard earned money was wasted due to office stress and my hubby's irresponsible behaviour. He did not even take care of my child’s studies. He started watching porn... I saw him twice and even warned him. My husband started cheating on me with our maid. He did it when he was stressed because I was not able to give him time. I confronted him and since then it has been an emotional trauma. I am yet to accept it. 9 months have been passed. We decided on certain things but I couldn’t accept it.. Due to our emotional bond, I gave him another chance... During that time he accepted and was ready to leave everything and wanted me to be happy. He said he committed a big mistake but recently I found he called that b**ch later. When I confronted him he said he’d advised not to come home in front of his family members. I decided it would be best for him to move out and work from another place. My MIL was living with me but then I felt it too much at times.. now somewhat even my child has emotionally detached from him. It’s the same with him as we've been staying separately from 7 months. He visited 3 times during puja and other needs. I feel emotionally detached and I can’t digest the family situation.Sometimes I feel it's difficult to find the courage to avoid all and live alone. What's the point in living in a marriage for sake of it without having any emotional, physical, financial dependency or security?I am 39 and earn a decent salary at this moment. But I am not sure of my future as I work in a private firm. I am worried about my child’s education, old age, financial insecurity and burden. I haven’t been able to save much because of our financial liabilities and husband’s investments in businesses that never materialised.Before this incident, my husband supported me in my career and also to bring up our child. But what happened is too much and unexpected. Any suggestions?

I am from Hyderabad. Age 40 years old . My name is XY and I’ve been married for 17 years. I have two boys. Ours is a love marriage.I felt like everything will be good and smooth but right after our elder kid was born my life changed. I am an MBA and several times I told my husband that I’d like to work. He said he’d help when the right time and opportunity comes. Until then I should nurture my kids as it's my responsibility and I should support him. But in the 2015, my kid noticed his chats with another lady. I was shocked because many times he’d refused sex with me. We’d get intimate maybe twice or thrice a year. I thought he was busy or maybe he doesn’t like my body. But when I caught him he said, what is over is over. Don't raise the topic. Leave me. I just kept quiet. He said what ever happened, I will be the same for my kids’ future sake. Many quarrels happened. But in 2020 his behaviour came to light. For example if I said anything, he'd punish me by not speaking to me for months. But he'd want me to wash his clothes and fulfil other necessities at home.Once I opened up and said I want to go for counselling. There he told the doctor, ‘She wants my property but she never allows me to care of my mom. She won't allow me to talk to my friends.’ I was shocked. I told him 'I never asked for money or property. I just want to quit.' I went home and told myself if he repeats this another time I won't take it for granted. But again in the month of February, he continued his behaviour. He shifted to another bedroom for a few months where he’d watch TV and have food. He'd even sleep in the kids’ bedroom. I stopped bothering. At some point, I felt like I deserved someone who trusts me.I want to quit because he thinks I am a loyal maid who will take care of kids and the household. He communicates with like ‘What I should get? Milk veggies etc?’ He never treats me with love and affection. Now everything is spoiled. I want to have a new life. I want to be set free from him. Please suggest what to do.

Dear XY,

And may I ask what exactly are you waiting for?

Why did you think that by you going for counselling, your husband will change his behaviour towards you?

How is that he cheats on you and still you allow him to treat you this way?

This only shows that you have lost your strength which you need most right now.

What if you were a strong independent woman who has been working?

Would you still subject yourself to this? You know the answer!

Bring back that woman who had dreams, who knew how to walk the path, who knew how a man should treat her, who knew what a marriage really is.

Can you do this?

Your kids need their mother to stand up for herself and do the right thing.

Be the woman who will not settle for anything that disrespects a woman or another human.

Seeing this, they will also know how to treat a woman and what a woman can bring into their lives.

Do the right thing, for yourself and them. Bring back that strong, independent woman who knew this and more.

Best wishes!

Hello mam, I have come to know about you through an article I read online. I am mailing you regarding my problem. Please make it anonymous. I'm married for 10 years. I have a son who is 6 years old. After my delivery, my husband distanced me. Since then, we use to fight a lot. Both of us are abusive and there is no physical relation between us. I told the same to my parents, and they suggested that I adjust keeping in mind the society and asked me to try for a job to deviate my mind. Once I checked my husband phone and there was a history of homosexual p**n videos. When I asked him the same, he refused. There is no happiness and only fights. I have even made suicidal attempts and was admitted to the hospital for taking expired pills. I’m an old traditioned woman, unable to move out of marriage as I can’t handle being alone. At the same time, I am unable to understand my husband’s behaviour. He is saying he will be like that only, If you want you can stay or leave. He will not tell me anything about his family – when his father passed away due to covid, he left home without telling me. I knew about it from other relatives.

Dear GV,

Thank you for reading my content. Hope it helps.

I can only imagine the trap that you are in. So, why are you choosing to be trapped even further?

• Do you see any scope in your husband changing?
  • Do you know anything about his sexual orientation?
  • Do you feel that the two of you can rebuild your marriage?

If the answer to the above is NO, then time to break out of your so-called traditional mindset.

Do you really want to live in this set-up and have your son grow up unstable?

I am sure that as a mother you do want to provide him with a stable and loving environment.

Then, you need to think differently about your old beliefs and see if they are worth holding onto.

The older generation might have held onto marriages even if they were abusive. But things have changed.

Even if you are not financially independent, there are venues to change that. You only need to change the way you think.

Check with yourself if continuing this way is going to give you anything great in return or is it going to steal your spirit away.

The choice is yours but do know that you have a son to take care of as well.

Start by gaining a good circle of supporters that includes your parents and close friends who can help you through this massive change to enable you take charge of your life.

Hello sir/Madam I'm going through a rough time of my life and want some help from you I am a professional and 48 years old and I have 2 grown up children My problem is that I had a love marriage with my husband22 years back and his family didn't accept me whole heartidly since we belong to different castes and culture .they wanted to take advantage of me financially My husband has strained his relationship with my mom n only sister after my father's death in 2008 over money matters Me, my husband and children live in a house provided by my parents in a different city from my inlaws They always create differences between us still Now another problem has cropped up in our relationship I spied on my my husband's mobile n discovered tha that he has sex chats with other women and is involved in mastrubating sessions with them over phone I am completely broken from inside n not able to decide what to do coz when i confronted him , he flatly refused n fought with me and started putting false allegations on me .I am quite disturbed as i dont want to end my marriage eventhough he behaves very bad with me at times Kindly advice me
Since you know that you want this marriage still, then the best way to not be hurt and strained around him, is to:
Either:
- Ignore what's happening and what he's doing and he leads his life and you lead yours (This is not easy, let me warn you!)
OR
- Live separately; you are financially independent and have your home to live in; he can go live with his parents and see if this works

Sadly, you married someone who has not learned to appreciate his partner and is perhaps playing to his own insecurities. It's totally on him and why I say that you are not to blame is: the fact that you still want to continue in this marriage, you may have to face more of this humiliation and hurt. If this is your decision, you really need a very steely interior and a facade that can face it all.
Yes, counseling is an option for him and the two of you as couple, BUT I don't see that in him as yet...Instead of addressing his wife's hurt and pain, he has refused to acknowledge what he's been up to. It doesn't say a lot about him to me.
So, strengthen yourself into your decision and check the two choices above and see what works best for you...

I am a govt employee. My in hand salary is 35k after deduction of EMI. I have a loan of Rs 10 lac which I am planning to repay in next 4-5 years. My savings are : 5k in provident fund, 5k in life insurance, 3k in mutual funds. Apart from this I have invested Rs 10 lac in equity. I want to retire by 2030. My goal is to reach the mark of Rs 1 Cr. Please guide how can I achieve it?
Ans: Current Financial Situation
You have a good start with savings and investments. Here’s a summary:

In-Hand Salary: Rs 35,000 (after EMI deduction)
Loan: Rs 10 lakh (to be repaid in 4-5 years)
Savings:
Provident Fund: Rs 5,000 per month
Life Insurance: Rs 5,000 per month
Mutual Funds: Rs 3,000 per month
Equity Investment: Rs 10 lakh
Retirement Goal: Rs 1 crore by 2030
Loan Repayment Plan
Repay Loan Strategically:

Prioritise loan repayment to reduce interest burden.
Allocate a fixed amount monthly towards EMI.
Ensure it doesn’t affect essential expenses and savings.
Increase EMI if Possible:

Increase your EMI payment when you get increments.
This will help you repay the loan faster and save on interest.
Savings and Investment Plan
Provident Fund:

Continue contributing Rs 5,000 per month.
It’s a secure investment with stable returns.
Life Insurance:

Ensure your life insurance covers your family’s needs.
It’s essential for financial security.
Mutual Funds:

Increase your SIPs in mutual funds to Rs 5,000 per month.
Focus on actively managed funds for better returns.
Avoid direct funds as they lack professional guidance.
Equity Investments:

Continue your equity investments.
Diversify your portfolio to include large, mid, and small-cap funds.
Avoid index funds as they are passively managed.
Actively managed funds can potentially offer higher returns.
Additional Investment Options
Balanced Advantage Funds:

Invest in balanced advantage funds.
These funds provide a mix of equity and debt.
They offer stability and growth.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Start new SIPs in actively managed funds.
Allocate Rs 2,000 each to large, mid, and small-cap funds.
Multi-Asset Funds:

Consider investing in multi-asset funds.
These funds diversify across equity, debt, and other assets.
They help in risk management.
Annual Review:

Review your portfolio annually.
Ensure it aligns with your financial goals.
Rebalance Portfolio:

Rebalance your portfolio based on market conditions.
Shift investments to maintain desired asset allocation.
Achieving Retirement Goal of Rs 1 Crore
Target Returns:

Aim for a mix of stable and high-return investments.
Focus on long-term growth.
Increase SIPs Gradually:

Increase your SIP contributions as your income grows.
This helps in accumulating a larger corpus.

Maintain an emergency fund for unexpected expenses.
This ensures your investments remain untouched.
You have a solid financial foundation. Focus on repaying your loan efficiently and increasing your SIPs in actively managed funds. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to stay on track. By following this strategy, you can achieve your retirement goal of Rs 1 crore by 2030.

I am 50yrs recently started investing in mutual funds I.invested 1k in icici prudential opportunities fnd 2.5K in icici equtity n devt fun 10000 in sbi contra sip Now next pls advise For sip to be started or advise find Hdfc midcap opportunities or sbi advantage or kotak opportunities fund ls advice
Ans: Your current investments are a great start. They show your initiative to grow your wealth. Here’s what you have invested in so far:

ICICI Prudential Opportunities Fund: Rs 1,000
ICICI Equity and Development Fund: Rs 2,500
SBI Contra SIP: Rs 10,000
Analysis of Current Investments
Diverse Fund Choices:

You have chosen a mix of funds.
This helps in diversifying your portfolio.
Equity Focus:

All your current investments are equity-focused.
This is good for long-term growth.
Recommendations for New SIP Investments
Balanced Approach
For a balanced portfolio, consider adding different types of funds. Diversification reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Mid Cap Funds:

HDFC Midcap Opportunities:
Invests in mid-sized companies.
Potential for higher returns.
Suitable for moderate risk appetite.
Balanced Advantage Funds:

SBI Balanced Advantage:
Balances between equity and debt.
Provides stability and growth.
Suitable for conservative investors.
Opportunities Funds:

Kotak Opportunities Fund:
Focuses on market opportunities.
Actively managed for better returns.
Suitable for aggressive investors.
Diversify Across Fund Types:

Invest in a mix of large cap, mid cap, and balanced funds.
This balances risk and return.
Avoid Direct Funds:

Direct funds lack professional guidance.
Regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner provide better support.
Actively Managed Funds:

Avoid index funds due to their passive nature.
Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market.
Suggested SIP Allocation
Based on your goals and risk appetite, here’s a suggested SIP allocation:

Large Cap Fund:

Allocate Rs 3,000 per month.
Provides stability with steady growth.
Mid Cap Fund:

Allocate Rs 3,000 per month.
Offers higher growth potential.
Balanced Advantage Fund:

Allocate Rs 4,000 per month.
Balances between growth and stability.
Professional Management:

Regular funds are managed by experts.
They can make informed decisions to maximize returns.
Support and Guidance:

Investing through a CFP provides continuous support.
They help in aligning investments with your goals.
Starting to invest at 50 shows your commitment to financial growth. Focus on diversifying your portfolio with a mix of large cap, mid cap, and balanced funds. Avoid index and direct funds. Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner for better investment choices. This approach will help you achieve your financial goals efficiently.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |80 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 24, 2024

Respected Anu ji This is quite an unusual query and I request your patience and understanding through this lengthy text I am a native of Tamilnadu and my maternal relatives are mostly of the business class It may not seem odd, but one may have heard of mind reading (and controlling) like in some celebrated spiritual centres, something similar is happening with me, I am subjected to this by my maternal relatives - they identify themselves as Yadavas, some have Serious God complexes and schizophrenia - trust me they have abilities like crystal ball gazing/ future telling, mind mapping and Niyog (one may have heard of Vyasa of Mahabharat times doing this to his step sister-in- laws to beget children!) many other neuro related traits - some cases you may have handled Though I am relatively open minded, but I frankly do not subscribe to the concept of Niyog They have also hurt me emotionally and physically right from childhood - I don't have any proof of it I just want to sever all connections with them and live my life peacefully - I even did a vasectomy to avoid any altercation with them But the problem in India is that here we cannot avoid our relatives - more so till my mom is there - I am Not a momma's boy, but my mother of 73 years has multiple comorbidities including heart fail and asthma - it is my duty as a son and a human being to help her.. Please advise how I could avoid my relatives and yet take care of my mom and lead my life peacefully
I am quite unaware of what you mention; but being a firm believer in Mind Sciences, I do believe that taking control of someone's mind can happen only when that someone meekly submits to the other person in a weak space OR when that someone actually believes some blindly.
You can see this happen with so many so-called spiritual heads who have so many blind followers and anything said by them will be unquestioningly followed by people. That is also called mind control.
You can stay away from people that you don't particularly fancy without severing ties also. Distances make that happen anyway, so does our busy lives...There is no need to make a big announcement about severing ties...staying away will do the trick in itself...

What I also still don't know is the purpose of your question as I don't actually see a question for me! Whatever I have been able to gather, I can only suggest: Do what you think and feel is right for you without actually fearing anyone and anything.

Sir,pls review my MF portfolio and give your review and advice. I have in my portfolio 5 L in Baroda pnd paribas multi asset,2 L sbi balanced advantage,2 HDFC manufacturing fund,2 bandhan innovation MF,1 sbi psu fund,1 sbi next 50 index fund,2 L HDFC multicap,3000sip in sbi 250small cap index fund,3000 sip in ICICI bluechip fund,3000 sip in motilal oswal midcap fund.
Ans: Review of Your Mutual Fund Portfolio
Let's assess your current mutual fund portfolio and provide suggestions to optimize it.

Current Portfolio Breakdown
Baroda BNP Paribas Multi Asset: Rs 5,00,000
SBI Balanced Advantage: Rs 2,00,000
HDFC Manufacturing Fund: Rs 2,00,000
Bandhan Innovation Mutual Fund: Rs 2,00,000
SBI PSU Fund: Rs 1,00,000
SBI Next 50 Index Fund: Rs 1,00,000
HDFC Multicap Fund: Rs 2,00,000
SIP in SBI 250 Small Cap Index Fund: Rs 3,000 per month
SIP in ICICI Bluechip Fund: Rs 3,000 per month
SIP in Motilal Oswal Midcap Fund: Rs 3,000 per month
Analysis and Evaluation
Diversification:

Your portfolio includes a mix of equity, balanced, and sector funds.
This diversification helps in risk management.
Sector Funds:

HDFC Manufacturing Fund and SBI PSU Fund are sector-specific.
Sector funds can be risky due to lack of diversification.
Index Funds:

SBI Next 50 Index Fund and SBI 250 Small Cap Index Fund are passive investments.
Index funds do not outperform the market and lack active management.
Balanced Advantage Fund:

SBI Balanced Advantage Fund balances equity and debt.
This provides stability during market volatility.
Multicap Funds:

HDFC Multicap Fund offers diversification across large, mid, and small caps.
This reduces concentration risk.
Recommendations
Reduce Sector Exposure:

Consider reducing your investment in sector funds like HDFC Manufacturing and SBI PSU Fund.
These funds are less diversified and can be volatile.
Shift from Index Funds to Actively Managed Funds:

Index funds like SBI Next 50 and SBI 250 Small Cap Index Fund lack active management.
Actively managed funds can potentially offer better returns.
Increase Exposure to Actively Managed Funds:

Increase investment in actively managed funds such as multicap, large-cap, and mid-cap funds.
These funds are managed by professionals who can make informed investment decisions.
SIP in Balanced and Multicap Funds:

Continue your SIP in ICICI Bluechip and Motilal Oswal Midcap funds.
Consider adding more SIPs in balanced advantage or multicap funds.
Diversify Across Asset Classes:

Continue investing in multi-asset funds like Baroda BNP Paribas Multi Asset.
These funds offer a mix of equity, debt, and other assets for better diversification.
Suggested Portfolio Allocation
Equity Funds:

Large Cap Funds: 30% of your portfolio.
Mid Cap Funds: 20% of your portfolio.
Multicap Funds: 25% of your portfolio.
Reduce sector funds to 10% of your portfolio.
Balanced Funds:

Balanced Advantage Funds: 15% of your portfolio.
Multi-Asset Funds:

Continue with Baroda BNP Paribas Multi Asset.
Your portfolio is well-diversified but can be optimized by reducing sector-specific and index funds. Increase allocation to actively managed large, mid, and multicap funds. This strategy will potentially enhance returns and manage risks better. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to stay aligned with your financial goals.

I am 30 years(90's kid), single having 17 lacs in equity oriented mutual fund growth options, 2 Lacs in retirement benefit fund in HDFC MF growth and 15 lacs in HDFC balanced fund dividend payout for passive income. Rs.5 Lacs in PPF with annual subscription of 10k along with health insurance for Rs.10 Lacs term insurance for 1.5 cr. And traditional insurance for 4 lacs. I have no loan commitment or financial commitment and a conservative minimalist. I am living in rented house and decided not to buy house/flat. I can accomodate 10,000 monthly sip. May I request you please to suggest me whether to invest in growth fund or dividend payout
Ans: Assessing Your Current Financial Situation
You are 30 years old, single, and have no financial commitments. You have diversified investments and insurance coverage.

Existing Investments Overview
Equity-Oriented Mutual Funds: Rs. 17 lakhs in growth options
Retirement Benefit Fund in HDFC MF: Rs. 2 lakhs in growth options
HDFC Balanced Fund: Rs. 15 lakhs in dividend payout for passive income
Public Provident Fund (PPF): Rs. 5 lakhs with annual subscription of Rs. 10,000
Health Insurance: Rs. 10 lakhs
Term Insurance: Rs. 1.5 crores
Traditional Insurance: Rs. 4 lakhs
Financial Goals and Risk Appetite
Given your conservative and minimalist lifestyle, your goal is likely to grow your wealth while maintaining stability and security.

Monthly SIP Investment Strategy
You can accommodate a monthly SIP of Rs. 10,000. The choice between growth funds and dividend payout depends on your financial goals.

Benefits of Growth Funds
Growth funds reinvest the profits back into the fund. This helps in wealth accumulation over time.

Wealth Accumulation: Helps in growing your investment corpus over time.
Compounding: Reinvested earnings grow and compound over the long term.
Tax Efficiency: No tax on reinvested earnings until you sell the investment.
Benefits of Dividend Payout Funds
Dividend payout funds provide regular income through dividends. They are ideal if you need periodic income.

Regular Income: Provides periodic income through dividends.
Lower Market Volatility Impact: Less impacted by market volatility since dividends provide regular cash flow.
Reinvestment Option: You can reinvest dividends back into the fund if not needed.
Recommendations for Your SIP
Considering your conservative approach and need for growth, a mix of growth and dividend payout funds can be beneficial.

Growth Funds: Allocate a portion of your SIP to growth funds for long-term wealth accumulation.
Dividend Payout Funds: Allocate another portion to dividend payout funds for regular passive income.
Suggested Allocation
Growth Funds: Invest Rs. 6,000 monthly in growth-oriented mutual funds.
Dividend Payout Funds: Invest Rs. 4,000 monthly in dividend payout mutual funds.
Additional Considerations
Review Insurance: Ensure your health and term insurance are sufficient for your needs.
Emergency Fund: Keep an emergency fund of at least 6 months’ expenses in a liquid instrument.
Regular Review: Periodically review and adjust your investments based on your financial goals and market conditions.
Balancing growth and dividend payout funds can offer both wealth accumulation and regular income. Regularly review your investments and consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

Lumpsum investment pls advise good funds Sip investment which good funds Tax savind mutual.fund which is good fund Pls advice am 50yrs pf age want the fund giv g gopd returns in 5 to 8 yrs
Ans: Investing a lumpsum amount requires careful planning. Given your age and goals, it's important to balance risk and return. Here are some recommendations:

Diversified Equity Funds:

These funds invest in a mix of large, mid, and small-cap stocks.
They offer potential for high returns.
Suitable for a 5-8 year investment horizon.
Actively Managed Funds:

Professional fund managers select stocks based on research.
They can provide better returns than index funds.
Debt Funds:

For lower risk, consider debt funds.
These invest in fixed-income securities.
Suitable for short to medium-term goals.
SIP Investment
Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs) help in disciplined investing. They also benefit from rupee cost averaging. Here are some options for SIP investments:

Large Cap Funds:

Invest in large, stable companies.
Lower risk compared to mid and small-cap funds.
Suitable for consistent growth.
Mid Cap Funds:

Invest in mid-sized companies.
Potential for higher growth than large-cap funds.
Suitable for medium to high-risk investors.
Small Cap Funds:

Invest in small companies with high growth potential.
Higher risk but can offer significant returns.
Suitable for long-term goals and risk-tolerant investors.
Tax-Saving Mutual Funds
Tax-saving mutual funds, also known as ELSS, provide tax benefits under Section 80C. They have a lock-in period of 3 years. Here are some benefits:

Equity-Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS):
Offer tax deductions up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
Invest in equity markets for potential high returns.
Shortest lock-in period among tax-saving options.
To achieve good returns in 5-8 years, consider the following strategy:

Diversification:

Spread investments across equity, debt, and tax-saving funds.
This reduces risk and maximizes returns.
Professional Guidance:

Invest through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Regular funds through an MFD with CFP credentials offer support and professional advice.
Index funds track a specific market index. However, they have some disadvantages:

No Active Management:

They replicate the index and cannot outperform it.
They miss out on potential gains from market inefficiencies.
Market Risk:

They are subject to overall market risk.
They do not protect against downturns in the index.
Actively managed funds have several advantages:

Professional Management:

Experienced fund managers make investment decisions.
They can identify and exploit market opportunities.
Potential for Higher Returns:

They can adjust their portfolios based on market conditions.
Investing at 50 requires a balanced approach. Focus on diversifying across equity, debt, and tax-saving funds. Use SIPs for disciplined investing and consider actively managed funds for potential higher returns. Avoid direct investments and index funds due to their limitations. Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner to tailor your investments to your goals.

Hai sir I am working in The Singareni Collieries Company Limited My gross salary 65000 Net salary 45000/- In that 25500 are regular chit which at end in 05.02.2025 I had two kids and age is one month both. How to slip the income and start investment in sip and mutual fund. The income should get at the age 20 of my children for education
You have a gross salary of Rs 65,000. Your net salary is Rs 45,000. You have two young children, aged one month each. Rs 25,500 is tied up in a regular chit, maturing on 05.02.2025.

Understanding Financial Goals
Your main goal is to save for your children’s education. You want the income to be available when they turn 20.

Income Splitting and Investment Strategy
To achieve your goal, a systematic investment approach is crucial. Consider splitting your income as follows:

Essential Expenses: Allocate funds for household and daily expenses.

Emergency Fund: Keep aside money for emergencies, about 3-6 months of expenses.

Investment in SIP: Start a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) in mutual funds for long-term growth.

Benefits of SIP in Mutual Funds
SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly. It helps in rupee cost averaging and compounding.

Disciplined Savings: SIP ensures regular savings without market timing worries.

Long-Term Growth: Equity mutual funds can offer higher returns over a long period.

Flexibility: SIPs can be started with a small amount and increased over time.

Choosing the Right Mutual Funds
Invest in actively managed funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Actively managed funds have professionals making investment decisions.

Active Management: Professionals actively manage the funds, aiming for better returns.

Research and Analysis: Fund managers conduct thorough research before making investments.

Performance Tracking: Regularly track the performance and make necessary adjustments.

Steps to Start SIP and Mutual Fund Investments
Here’s a step-by-step guide to start investing:

Assess Monthly Savings: After essential expenses and emergency fund, assess how much you can invest.

Select Funds: Choose a mix of equity and debt funds for a balanced portfolio.

Start SIP: Initiate SIP with the chosen mutual funds.

Review and Adjust: Periodically review your investments and adjust if needed.

Planning for Long-Term Goals
Your children’s education is a long-term goal. Starting early gives you the advantage of compounding.

Start Early: Begin investments as early as possible for better growth.

Regular Contributions: Ensure regular contributions to the SIP.

Review Goals: Review your financial goals periodically and adjust investments accordingly.

Evaluating Investment Options
While choosing funds, consider factors such as:

Fund Performance: Look at the past performance of the funds.

Fund Manager: Consider the experience and track record of the fund manager.

Expense Ratio: Lower expense ratios can lead to better net returns.

To achieve your goal, start investing in SIPs and mutual funds. Ensure regular contributions and periodic reviews. Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

Dear sir, My husband retaired from tyre factory He earned 1 Lack permonthly. We spend money for children education and we bought one house. Now my husband pension just 4000 and my salary 50k only. My two son are studying. How i will manage current economic situation. After retairement at the age what job he can do? Please give suggestion.
Ans: Current Financial Situation Analysis
Let's assess your current financial situation and explore potential solutions to manage it better.

Income Sources:

Your husband's pension: Rs 4,000
Your salary: Rs 50,000
Major Expenses:

Children's education
Household expenses
Housing costs
It seems that your combined income is Rs 54,000 per month. However, managing with this amount, given your expenses, is challenging.

Immediate Financial Management Steps
Budgeting:

Create a detailed budget. Include all expenses: education, groceries, utilities, and housing.
Track spending and identify areas to cut costs.

Maintain an emergency fund. It should cover at least 3-6 months of expenses.
If you don’t have one, start building it slowly by saving a small amount each month.
Debt Management:

Prioritize paying off high-interest debts first.
Avoid taking on new debt if possible.
Increasing Income
Part-Time Jobs:

Your husband can explore part-time or freelance work. Options include consulting, tutoring, or clerical work.
Websites like Freelancer, Upwork, or local classifieds can offer opportunities.
Skill Development:

Invest in courses or training programs to enhance skills.
This can open up new job opportunities with better pay.
Utilize Assets:

If you have assets like property or gold, consider renting out space or selling non-essential items.
Education Planning
Scholarships and Grants:

Look for scholarships and grants for your children’s education. Many organizations offer financial aid based on merit or need.
Research online or consult school advisors for available options.
Education Loans:

Consider taking education loans if necessary. Choose options with favorable interest rates and repayment terms.
Mutual Funds:

Invest in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner. They provide professional management and diversify risk.
Opt for regular funds rather than direct funds. Regular funds offer professional advice and support from a CFP.
Avoid Real Estate Investment:

Given your current financial situation, avoid investing in real estate. It requires significant capital and is not liquid.
Actively Managed Funds:

Prefer actively managed funds over index funds. Actively managed funds have the potential for higher returns as they are professionally managed to outperform the market.
Long-Term Planning
Retirement Planning:

Ensure you are saving for retirement. Invest in options like PPF or NPS.
Consult a Certified Financial Planner to create a retirement plan tailored to your needs.
Insurance:

Ensure you have adequate life and health insurance coverage.
It protects against unforeseen circumstances and reduces financial burden during emergencies.
Managing your current economic situation requires careful planning and disciplined financial management.

Focus on budgeting, increasing income, and making informed investment choices. Seek scholarships for education and invest in mutual funds with professional guidance.

Your husband can explore part-time job opportunities to supplement the household income.

Dear sir, I am a railway employee, I am covered under NPS Scheme, can I also open a vpf and PPF account simultaneously with my nps savings?
Ans: Assessing the Possibility of Multiple Savings Schemes
You are covered under the NPS Scheme. It's great to see you considering other savings options. Yes, you can open both a VPF and a PPF account simultaneously with your NPS savings.

Benefits of Opening a VPF Account
The Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF) is a good option. It offers the same interest rate as the EPF. Contributions are voluntary, and you can choose how much to invest.

Tax Benefits: Contributions to VPF are eligible for tax deduction under Section 80C.

Risk-Free Returns: The returns are guaranteed and risk-free.

Long-Term Savings: Helps in building a substantial corpus over time.

Benefits of Opening a PPF Account
The Public Provident Fund (PPF) is another excellent option. It is backed by the government, ensuring safety and stable returns.

Tax Benefits: Contributions to PPF are eligible for tax deduction under Section 80C.

Tax-Free Interest: The interest earned is tax-free.

Long-Term Investment: It has a lock-in period of 15 years, encouraging long-term savings.

Combining NPS with VPF and PPF
Combining NPS, VPF, and PPF can provide a balanced portfolio. Each scheme has its unique benefits. Together, they can help you achieve financial stability and security.

Diversification: Spreading your investments across these schemes reduces risk.

Tax Efficiency: Maximizes your tax benefits under different sections of the Income Tax Act.

Stable Returns: Ensures a mix of market-linked and fixed returns.

Professional Insight on Investment Strategy
It is prudent to diversify your investments. Each of these schemes offers different benefits and serves different financial goals.

Risk Management: NPS provides market-linked returns which can be volatile. VPF and PPF provide stability.

Flexibility: NPS allows partial withdrawals for specific needs. PPF has a lock-in but can be partially withdrawn after 7 years. VPF can be withdrawn under certain conditions.

Retirement Planning: These schemes together can create a substantial retirement corpus.

Additional Considerations
While these schemes offer many benefits, consider your financial goals. Assess your risk appetite and investment horizon.

Regular Monitoring: Keep track of your investments. Adjust them based on your financial goals and market conditions.

Consult a CFP: For a personalized plan, consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can help tailor an investment strategy to meet your specific needs.

Balancing NPS, VPF, and PPF can be a smart move. It provides a diversified portfolio with tax benefits, stability, and growth potential. Regularly review and adjust your investments to ensure they align with your financial goals.