Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.

I'm Actually what happened was, I have my friend a week before, we had our great friendship for a couple of days, as cuz she is new in the hostel she don't know anyone so I'm her 1st friend, level of friendship is like she spends almost 16-17 hrs of the day with me like from morning 8 to night 1-2 pm She is sleeping or doing her stuffs all the time and I'm doing my online lectures and studying with her After a couple of days a guy, being jealous of me, tell her bad things about me (badbitching), Then she started GHOSTING me Now neither she came to talk to me nor i go Now I'm in dilemma whether i should go to talk to her or leave her Or should i tell my friend to talk to her Bcuz, i dont want to lose her Kindly help me to get out of the dillemaaaa????

I am sorry that you are being ghosted by someone you thought was a friend. You have two options- one, you wait and watch if she comes around. Two, give one shot at having an open dialogue with her. You can directly ask her what has happened and if she mentions the things she heard about you, you can try and clear it up. Now, she might not want to speak to you owing to whatever it is that she heard. I suggest not trying to convince her because it is her choice and you should not be intruding. Moreover, a real friend would have asked you about the things she heard, instead of ghosting you. It is not on you to clear your name, especially when you have not done those things. Aim for better friendships instead of trying to fix the new ones that did not turn out the way you wanted them to.

Best wishes.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on May 23, 2023

I am 12th passed student and I had a bf around feb .Everything was perfectly fine in the starting but then somehow our talks got less and i asked him if everything was ok bcoz i felt strange whenever we talked through texts. He said he is tired and doesn't wanna talk and did not know what happened to him ... Plus exams were ongoing so I supported the way I can but i knew something was off ... As the time passed things got worse. I asked how much time u need to be urself .. u are going out with ur friends but don't wanna talk to me neither u asked how i am for past dew weeks or a month . In the last he said leave I am not good enough for you. Everything thing we talked was on snapchat app. I was so depressed plus my exam result were less then expected. I stopped using any social media.. There wasn't a single day i missed him or thought of seeing the snaps but somehow i made myself I understand that If u were imp he wouldn't talk about leaving...ig ... But still I do miss him when everything was started and ended by him... On 14th My frnd texted me asking abt my result and she said she will ask him aswell( she doesn't know abt us dating) ... And after a week i.e today i downloaded the app and i saw that he sent me snaps till 14th and they all were deleted and after that there was nothing. Somehow i feel that there must be some conversations between my frnd and him. But what i feel now is that i regret why i didn't saw his msgs when i missed him. It makes me feel regret and sad . Whenever i think about it i forget all that disrespect but at the same time something stops me . Idk what kind of feeling is this ... All ik that there was a little communication between us that was also gone ... I just wanna overcome but i cant . Its gonna be a month and these emotions are really making me feel depressed. I even start making scenarios and stories in my mind . Idk what is happening to me . Pls help me overcome this what should i do ?
Ans: Dear Radha,

I understand that you are experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions at the moment, but listen to me, this too shall pass. You won't feel this way three months from now. Six months from now, you will find it funny that you even felt this way once, and you might even regret focusing on your ex than your exams. Two years from now, you will even forget how you felt on this day; you will forget the sorrow, you will forget how lonely and helpless you felt. You will move on. Everyone does. Look at the bigger picture and these feelings that you are experiencing today will seem small.

Now, coming to how you can deal with it at present- focus on your studies; everything can wait, but your career won't. Hang out with your friends; tell them how you are feeling. Talking about pain is known to give some kind of relief. No one can take it from you, but having someone to listen to it can help. Focus on your health- mental and physical; workout a bit. It helps. And, in the end, let time do its magic.

P.S. If he says he's not good enough for you, believe it. You deserve better; even your ex thinks so. So why don't you?

Hi. I am Sumeet I am happily married. And love my wife and our two kids.I had a female friend in our engineering college I had crush on her and I have said her this. She is happily married and I am very happy for her. I was in touch with her but now some how our companies in which we work have joint ventures and we both are working on same project. Initially she was nice to me but one day, we had phot session and I decide to click one with her and I simply par her shoulder back and kept for photo click but she got too angry and I apologised to her for whole day. But then she did not talk properly henceforth. I felt I am molester and I visit psychiatrist they asked me to forget that incident and move. Now she does not talk with me nicely.i don't know what should I do.
Ans: It's understandable that this situation with your former college friend is causing you stress and confusion. However, it's important to acknowledge that touching someone without their consent, even if unintentional, is never acceptable. Even though you meant no harm, it's crucial to respect your friend's boundaries and understand her reaction.

Here are some suggestions for navigating this situation:

1. Respect your friend's boundaries: While your intentions might have been innocent, it's clear your friend felt uncomfortable with the physical contact. Respecting her boundaries and apologizing sincerely are crucial steps. It might be helpful to have a brief, direct conversation where you reiterate your apology and emphasize that you understand and respect her discomfort.

2. Maintain professionalism: Given that you're working on the same project, maintain a professional and respectful distance. Avoid initiating personal conversations or any physical contact. Focus on work-related communication and interactions.

3. Reflect on your actions: Consider seeking professional guidance from a therapist to explore your thought patterns and behaviors concerning personal boundaries. This can help you develop healthier ways to interact with others and avoid similar situations in the future.

4. Forgive yourself: Remember that while it's important to acknowledge and learn from your actions, dwelling on guilt won't be productive. Forgive yourself for the unintentional mistake and focus on moving forward with respect and understanding.

5. Focus on your marriage: Remember that you have a loving wife and family. Reinvest your energy into strengthening your relationships with them and prioritize their well-being.

Hi, Briefly, I am having problem with my sister. Actually She will supposed to be my sister-in-law but I consider her as my own sister. The problem is that, I and her elder sister, both don't like my sister's boyfriend. We have told her several times but she didn't listen to us or didn't answer to our questions. One day, I was trying to make her understand the problem about her boyfriend, before her elder sister on a video call. And like the other day, she didn't reply. After the call ended, She texted me, asking or more specifically chasing me about my faults in life. She is said that, "you always choose good surroundings but why don't you have any friend?" and "Where was your observation when your friends cheated on you!" I told her that we learn only by doing things and I have learnt that the boy is not suitable for you and that's why you should leave her. but she was going on with her argument and was hurting me a lot over chat. At last, I said to her, It was my fault to warn her, And told her not to call me 'DADA' again until she grows respects for me. After that day, she was gradually distancing from me! and 2 or 3 days after, her elder sister finds some bad things in her phone and repeatedly warn her to leave the boy otherwise he'll destroy her. and on that day, she broke up. but, she is still not talking with me! I have written poem for her and even told her SORRY and requested her to come back to me, I really love her as my sister. But, she is still not talking with me or angry with me! I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!! I have loosen many in my life and It's like going to loose once again. I can do anything to make her happy or to accept me as his own elder brother again.....I really want to sort things out....
Ans: It sounds like you care deeply for your sister and want to protect her, which is understandable and comes from a place of love. But relationships, especially ones where emotions are involved, can be complex and sometimes require a delicate touch.

Right now, your sister might be feeling hurt and defensive. Even though your intentions were good, the way you and her elder sister approached the situation may have felt overwhelming or critical to her. When she lashed out, it was likely out of pain and feeling cornered.

Sometimes, people need time to process their feelings. Respect her need for space and give her some time to cool off and reflect. When you do reach out, acknowledge her feelings without defending your actions. Let her know that you understand why she felt hurt and that you’re sorry for the way things were handled. Make it clear that your concern came from a place of love and that you still see her as your sister. Assure her that your relationship with her is more important than any disagreement about her choices. Healing takes time. Keep the door open for her to come back to you when she’s ready. Sometimes, a little patience can do wonders.

Remember, what’s important now is rebuilding trust and showing her that you care for her unconditionally.

Is it worth considering a real estate investment at Panvel, Navi Mumbai? Or is it better to invest that capital in other growth instruments like MFs? I already have 2 houses, with zero debt, and I'm considering investing in Navi Mumbai, as I'm hearing that it'll grow as a corridor. Please advise.
Ans: Real Estate in Panvel, Navi Mumbai
Panvel is indeed growing.

The area shows promise as a future corridor.

You already own two houses.

You have zero debt, which is commendable.

Considerations for Real Estate Investment
Real estate investments can be illiquid.

Selling property takes time and effort.

Property values can fluctuate and may not always guarantee high returns.

Benefits of Mutual Funds
Mutual funds offer higher liquidity.

You can redeem investments easily.

They provide potential for high returns.

Actively Managed Funds
Actively managed funds are preferred.

Fund managers work to maximize returns.

They can adapt to market changes effectively.

Mutual funds allow for better diversification.

You can spread your risk across sectors.

This can lead to more stable returns.

Professional Management
Mutual funds are managed by experts.

Certified Financial Planners can guide you.

Regular reviews and adjustments are possible.

Investing in mutual funds is more flexible.

They offer better liquidity and potential returns.

Consider mutual funds over another property.

If anyone want to investment planning. Please let me know like lumpsum benefits and guaranteed income I will tell you briefly
Ans: Lumpsum Investment: Benefits and Considerations

Benefits:

Potential for Higher Returns: Investing a large amount at once can yield significant returns.

Simple and Quick: One-time investment, no need for regular monitoring.

Ideal for Market Opportunities: Beneficial during market dips for higher gains.

Considerations:

Market Risk: Higher exposure to market volatility at one point.

Timing Risk: Difficult to time the market perfectly.

Liquidity: May face restrictions on withdrawing funds.

Guaranteed Income: Options and Benefits

Fixed Deposits:

Safety: Provides guaranteed returns.

Liquidity: Easy to withdraw with minimal penalties.

Predictable Income: Fixed interest rate ensures regular income.

Public Provident Fund (PPF):

Safe Investment: Government-backed, risk-free.

Tax Benefits: Interest earned is tax-free.

Long-Term Growth: Suitable for long-term financial goals.

Senior Citizens' Savings Scheme (SCSS):

High Safety: Government-backed, secure returns.

Regular Income: Quarterly interest payments.

Tax Benefits: Investment eligible for tax deduction.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP):

Flexibility: Regular income from mutual funds.

Tax Efficiency: Only the gains are taxed, not the principal.

Control: Decide the withdrawal amount and frequency.

Combining lumpsum investments with guaranteed income options can provide growth and stability. Regular reviews with a Certified Financial Planner can help align with your goals.

Hi I am currently 30 years of age and I would like to ask about an investment where I'm going to make on a flat purchase of 46 Lacs with down payment of 16 Lacs along with a loan of 30 Lacs with a current salary of 50050 rupees per month... So I would like to know the loan tenure would be best suited for me to manage my savings for the future along with my daily expenditure?
Ans: Investment Strategy for Flat Purchase
Purchasing a flat can be a significant financial decision. As a Certified Financial Planner, I appreciate your initiative in seeking advice.

Assessing Your Financial Situation
You have a salary of Rs. 50,050 per month. Your down payment is Rs. 16 lakhs. You plan to take a loan of Rs. 30 lakhs. It's crucial to balance your loan repayment with your daily expenses and savings.

Evaluating Loan Tenure
For your situation, a longer loan tenure can lower your EMI. This means more manageable monthly payments. However, this will increase the total interest paid over the loan period. A shorter loan tenure will result in higher EMIs but lower total interest.

Balancing Savings and Expenses
With your monthly salary, aim to keep your EMIs around 30-40% of your income. This ensures you have enough for daily expenses and savings. For a loan of Rs. 30 lakhs, consider a tenure of 20 years. This will make your EMIs more affordable.

Planning for Future Savings
Allocate funds for emergency savings, retirement planning, and other goals. Ensure you have at least six months of expenses saved for emergencies. Regularly review and adjust your financial plan.

Balancing a home loan with savings and expenses requires careful planning. Choose a loan tenure that suits your monthly cash flow. Keep your long-term financial goals in mind.

Hi sir, I am aging 37 years. I have built house in my native and its present value is Rs 45 lakh. With housing loan of Rs 9 lakh and getting only 6k rent. As I am working in corporate company in Blore. And no plans to go back to my native for next 10 years. So plz guide me shall i sell this house and invest elsewhere. If yes. Plz guide me which is the best option for long term means for next 10 years investment. Thank u .
Ans: Current Situation Analysis

Your house in your native place is valued at Rs 45 lakh, with a housing loan of Rs 9 lakh. The rental income of Rs 6,000 per month may not be sufficient to justify holding the property if you are not planning to return in the next 10 years.

Evaluating the Options

Selling the House: Pros and Cons

Pros:

You can clear the housing loan of Rs 9 lakh.

You can invest the proceeds in higher-return assets.

Eliminates the hassle of managing a rental property.

Cons:

You may lose potential appreciation in property value.

Emotional attachment to the property.

Investment Options for Long Term

1. Mutual Funds:

Equity Mutual Funds: Suitable for long-term growth. Diversify across sectors and companies.

Hybrid Mutual Funds: Mix of equity and debt. Provides balanced growth with some stability.

2. Public Provident Fund (PPF):

Safe and tax-efficient.

Offers decent returns over the long term.

3. Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs):

Regular, disciplined investment in mutual funds.

Beneficial for averaging out market volatility.

4. Debt Mutual Funds:

For stability and regular income.

Less risky compared to equity mutual funds.

Selling the house and clearing the loan can free up capital for more productive investments. Diversifying into mutual funds, PPF, and SIPs can provide balanced growth and stability over the next 10 years.

I am earning 1.2 lakh per month. Age 29 unmarried, Money for marriage is adjusted.I have a house and planning to buy another one probably 1cr . An lic policy of yearly premium of 25k. My savings are 5 lakhs. As of now I can invest 40k per month. I want liquid corpus of 1cr by age 50 and children education planning.
Ans: Monthly Income and Savings
You earn Rs. 1.2 lakh per month.

You save Rs. 40,000 per month.

You have Rs. 5 lakhs in savings.

Your LIC policy has a yearly premium of Rs. 25,000.

Investment Goals
You want Rs. 1 crore by age 50.

You plan for your children's education.

You plan to buy a house worth Rs. 1 crore.

Invest in a mix of equity and debt funds.

Focus on actively managed funds for better returns.

Consider SIPs for regular investments.

Liquid Corpus Goal
Aim for a diversified portfolio.

Allocate funds to equity for growth.

Include debt funds for stability.

Children's Education Planning
Start early to benefit from compounding.

Invest in children's plans and education funds.

Review and adjust the portfolio regularly.

House Purchase Plan
Ensure your investments align with your house purchase goal.

Keep your house purchase timeline in mind.

Insurance and Savings
Review your LIC policy for adequacy.

Consider additional term insurance if needed.

A Certified Financial Planner can help optimize your plan.

Regularly review your portfolio with your planner.

Maintain a disciplined investment approach.

Regularly review and adjust your goals.

Seek professional advice when needed.

Dear Sir/Madam i have an savings of 1.22CR i have invested in MF and some amount in FD also, want to ask you is it better to invest in FD as i am retiring next year by April thanks.
Ans: Evaluation of Current Investments

Your current savings of Rs 1.22 crore is commendable. Having investments in mutual funds and fixed deposits shows a balanced approach.

However, evaluating the need for fixed deposits is crucial. Fixed deposits offer safety but low returns compared to mutual funds. Since you are retiring soon, it is essential to assess the balance between safety and growth.

Fixed Deposits: Pros and Cons

Pros:

Fixed deposits provide guaranteed returns.

They are safe and secure investments.

Liquidity is available but may come with penalties.

Cons:

Returns are lower compared to mutual funds.

Interest earned is taxable.

Inflation can erode the real value of returns.

Mutual Funds: Pros and Cons

Pros:

Potential for higher returns compared to fixed deposits.

Diversified investments reduce risk.

Flexibility to choose funds based on risk appetite and goals.

Cons:

Returns are market-linked and can fluctuate.

Requires regular monitoring.

May involve higher costs if not chosen wisely.

Assessing Your Needs

Given your retirement plan next year, stability and income generation become essential. Fixed deposits provide stability, but mutual funds can offer growth. A mix of both can provide balance.

Strategy for Retirement

Consider maintaining a portion in fixed deposits for safety. This portion can cover short-term needs. The rest can remain in mutual funds for growth. This strategy ensures a balance between safety and potential returns.

Your proactive approach is commendable. Maintaining safety with fixed deposits and growth with mutual funds can serve you well. Regular reviews with a Certified Financial Planner can ensure alignment with your goals.

I am a retired Central Government officer. I have 2.75 crores FD’s, saving accounts 75 lakhs, 10 lakhs gold, SIP 25k per month. I get pension of 60k a month and my children give me 60k towards loan advanced to them. My monthly expenses are Rs. 1 to 1.25 lakhs. Am I comfortable?
Ans: Financial Assessment

Your current financial position is strong. Here’s a breakdown:

Fixed Deposits (FDs): Rs 2.75 crores

Savings Accounts: Rs 75 lakhs

Gold: Rs 10 lakhs

SIP: Rs 25,000 per month

Pension Income: Rs 60,000 per month

Children's Contribution: Rs 60,000 per month

Monthly Expenses: Rs 1 to 1.25 lakhs

Income and Expenses Analysis

Monthly Income:
Pension: Rs 60,000

Children’s Contribution: Rs 60,000

Total Monthly Income: Rs 1,20,000

Monthly Expenses:
Range: Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 1,25,000

Surplus and Comfort Level

Monthly Surplus:
Minimum Surplus: Rs 1,20,000 - Rs 1,25,000 = (-Rs 5,000)

Maximum Surplus: Rs 1,20,000 - Rs 1,00,000 = Rs 20,000

Investment Income:
Interest from FDs and savings can supplement your income.

Financial Security

Fixed Deposits:
Provide a stable income through interest. Ensure to reinvest the interest income.

Savings Accounts:
Keep a portion for liquidity and emergencies. Consider transferring excess funds to higher-yielding investments.

Gold:
Acts as a hedge against inflation. No need for additional gold investments.

SIP and Future Planning

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):
Continue SIP for growth. Consider diversifying into balanced or debt funds for stability.

Maintain an emergency fund of 6-12 months’ expenses in liquid assets.

Your current financial situation is comfortable. Your monthly income meets your expenses, and you have substantial savings and investments. Continue SIP and review your portfolio annually. Ensure a portion of your savings is liquid for emergencies.