Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |152 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on May 17, 2024

Nidhi Bajaj Gupta has 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist.
She founded the Merahki Holistic Wellness Company in 2011 and is the co-founder of Miraaya Holistic Growth Centre.
She has a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy from Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pune, and certifications in myofascial release, dry needling and craniosacral therapy from New York, San Francisco and Singapore.
Asked by Anonymous - Jan 30, 2024Hindi

On dec 6 my husband's blood test reports were as Total Cholesterol 230.5 n Triglycerides are 329.5. in LFT SGaoT is 66 n SGPT is 120. some told him to normalise his diet n quit smoking n drinks his weight is 99 .but after maining his diet n he quit smoking n drink but his weight is not getting down please tell me some more suggestions n how to increase metabolism as he walks so many kilometres a day n sometimes he quit his food too.

Ans: Hello Anonymous,
I am glad your husband has quit smoking and drinking. Please do understand it takes 6 months to a year for positive changes to be seen in one's health especially if smoking and drinking has been going on for a long time before he quit.
Has he consulted a nutritionist. Every person is different so a nutritionist needs to check his overall reports, understand his lifestyle better and accordingly give a diet chart which also needs to be tweaked regularly.
For exercises too he needs to once consult a fitness coach as accordingly they will give him a plan to increase his BMR like weight training may help him or for some people even yoga benefits a lot.

Komal

Komal Jethmalani  |312 Answers  |Ask -

Dietician, Diabetes Expert - Answered on Dec 13, 2021

Hi Komal, My husband is doing WFH like others from the starting of COVID. His job is into shift (1 pm to 2 am).  He is on a regular strict diet from the last one year since he had to face severe problem due to penicillin reaction last year. Due to that he has been facing gastritis issues and a tensed feeling (how to say... muscle shivering would justify I guess). His diet includes Morning: 3 idlis with ginger chutney/sambar Mid-morning snack: Any fruit  Lunch: 100 gms rice with curry and curd Evening: 15 almonds with chai/coffee (using honey instead of sugar) Night: 100 gms rice with curry and curd Late night snack: 100 ml diluted milk Exercise: He makes sure that he completes 10,000 steps in the whole day. Yet, he is unable to reduce weight. His current weight is 100 kgs. Kindly help me out. Thanks and regards,  Sindhura

Fitness is acquired by an increase in lean mass and reduction in body fat percentage. Following a regular workout with a good balance of nutrients is the key to overall health.

Your husband’s diet seems to lack in protein. He must include protein-rich foods in his diet like low fat dairy products, eggs, nuts, sprouts, beans, etc, and adopt strengthening exercises to increase his stamina and muscle mass.

Vegetables are an important source of fibre and play an essential role in gut health. Include salads, fruits and more vegetables in his diet.

Fibre contributes in increasing metabolism and helps in lowering the glycaemic index.

Add more complex carbs in his diet and include anti-inflammatory foods to increase his immunity.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.