Khevna

Khevna Shah  |16 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 10, 2023

Khevna Shah is the head of human resources at Coverfox Insurance. She has 14 years of experience in human resources across industries like manufacturing, banking & financial services and insurance. Her expertise includes talent acquisition, retention, employee engagement and developing a performance focussed culture.
BIMAL Question by BIMAL on Mar 30, 2023Hindi

I am a retired 63 years senior officer(having excellent writing skills) from a PSU and looking for some full/part time suitable occupation to make some financial gains besides to utilize whole day time available at my disposal. Can you suggest some suitable occupations which can be considered at this age working from home preferably?

Ans: Hi Bimal,

You've kind of answered yourself... content writing or writing on functional / technical aspects is a huge skill in itself. You may connect with freelancers on linkedin who look out for content writers and get work from home option as well. You charge on a per-word or per-page basis and that is how the model works.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jun 14, 2023

Hello! I am 57. Already in job, but want to do / switch to some on line job so that I could invest more time on my health and family. I'm interested in some kind of editorial work which I'm comfortable with and have experience. Kindly suggest what kind of work I can take up considering my age and health. Look forward to your kind and favourable response. Thanks and regards
Ans: Hello Archna,

It's great to hear that you're interested in pursuing an online job that allows you to invest more time in your health and family. Editorial work can be a fantastic choice, especially if you have experience in that field. Here are a few online editorial job options that you might consider:

Freelance Writing or Copyediting: Many companies and individuals are in need of freelance writers and editors for various content creation projects. You can offer your services as a freelance writer or copyeditor and work on assignments that match your interests and expertise.

Virtual Assistant: As a virtual assistant, you can provide administrative support remotely. This can involve tasks such as managing emails, scheduling appointments, conducting research, and editing documents. Virtual assistant roles can vary, so you can choose ones that align with your editorial skills.

Content Editing for Websites: Online platforms and websites often require editors to review and refine content before it goes live. This could involve editing articles, blog posts, or website content for grammar, style, and clarity. You can explore opportunities with content-driven websites or online publications.

Proofreading: If you have a keen eye for detail and excellent grammar skills, you could consider working as a proofreader. Many authors, bloggers, and businesses seek proofreaders to ensure their written material is error-free before publication.

E-book Formatting and Editing: With the rise of self-publishing, authors often need assistance with formatting and editing their e-books. If you have experience in book editing or formatting, this could be a suitable niche to explore.

Remember, age should not be a limiting factor in pursuing online work. Your experience and expertise in editorial work can be valuable assets. When starting out, consider building an online portfolio or creating profiles on freelance platforms to showcase your skills and attract potential clients. Good luck with your career transition, and I wish you success in finding an online job that allows you to balance your health and family commitments!

Regards,
Abhishek Shah