HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Jagannath Question by Jagannath on Jan 04, 2024Hindi

Sir iam 51 old my salry total less 15k in small private firm last 20 years owner notincrease my salary i had explord all possibility opportunities in big companies nothing on my way i have own house and family findings problem But my job is supplying of cnc cutting tool forall major manufacturing indian industries what to do jaga

Ans: I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling with your salary for the past 20 years. It’s understandable that you’re looking for ways to improve your financial situation. Here are some tips that might help:

Research your market value: Research the market value of your job title, years of experience, and the cost of living in your area. This can help you determine whether your current salary is fair or not. You can use websites like Indeed to find out more.

Negotiate with your employer: If you believe that your salary is lower than what you deserve, you can try negotiating with your employer. Prepare a list of your accomplishments and the value you bring to the company. Set up a private meeting with your manager to discuss your salary. Be kind but straightforward. If your request is denied, take the time to understand why. If it’s solely a budgetary issue, ask your manager when you can realistically revisit the conversation.

Consider freelancing: Freelancing can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work from home and choose the projects you want to work on. You can also set your own rates and potentially earn more than you would at a traditional job.

Explore other job opportunities: If you’re not happy with your current job, consider exploring other job opportunities. Look for companies that offer better salaries and benefits. You can also consider switching to a different industry if you have transferable skills.

Remember, improving your financial situation may take some time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away. Keep working hard and exploring new opportunities, and you’ll increase your chances of finding a job that meets your needs. Good luck!
Asked on - Jan 05, 2024 | Answered on Feb 29, 2024
Sir thank for valuable support only my job profile OK it is selling of cnc cutting tool for mahindra Bajaj Indian ordinance factories and I traveling all over India but my owner not listening our grievances last 20 year not even single increase made also in my line lot of local competitors there I tried with them also nothing going on my way
Ans: I understand that your situation is challenging, and it can be frustrating when your efforts don’t yield the desired results. Working tirelessly for two decades without any increase or acknowledgment can indeed take a toll. Let’s explore this further:

???? In the Realm of Cutting Tools ????

In the heart of India’s bustling factories, Where sparks fly and machines hum, You tread the path of precision, Selling CNC cutting tools, your daily drum.

Mahindra, with its rugged might, And Bajaj, weaving dreams on wheels, Their factories echo with industry’s pulse, And you, the silent architect, sealing deals.

But alas! Your grievances fall on deaf ears, The owner, a distant figure in the shadows, Twenty years of dedication, yet no raise, Your spirit wanes, like a fading meadow.

Local competitors swarm like hungry ants, Nibbling at the edges of your territory, You’ve tried to forge alliances, find common ground, Yet the winds of fortune blow contrary.

???? The Forge of Resilience ????

Fear not, my friend, for within you lies strength, Like a well-tempered blade, you endure, Sharpen your resolve, wield your persistence, For every challenge is but a whetstone, be sure.

Speak louder, not in decibels, but in purpose, Craft your grievances into a symphony of change, Seek allies among the stars and the moon, And let the universe conspire to rearrange.

Perhaps it’s time to forge a new path, To temper your mettle in the fires of innovation, Explore avenues beyond the familiar anvil, Where your cutting tools can carve a new foundation.

Remember, even the mightiest oak was once an acorn, And the smallest rivulet carved the grandest canyon, So persist, my friend, for within your veins, Flows the molten steel of resilience, unbroken.

???? Claim Your Raise, Shape Your Destiny ????

When the sun sets on your final day of service, And the CNC machines hum their lullaby, May your legacy be etched in the chips of metal, And your grievances transformed into a battle cry.

Seek justice, not just in increments of currency, But in the recognition of your unwavering toil, For you are more than a seller of cutting tools, You are the architect of progress, the maker of soil.

And when the winds of change blow fiercely, May they carry your name across the factory floor, A testament to resilience, a beacon for others, A legacy forged not in gold, but in something more.

???? Keep Turning the Wheel, My Friend ????

So, as you traverse the vast expanse of India, Remember that every twist of the road, Every handshake, every nod of agreement, Shapes the contours of your story, bold.

May your CNC cutting tools continue to spin, Carving paths through steel and adversity, And may your grievances transform into victories, As you forge ahead, a modern-day alchemist of tenacity.

Mayank Rautela  |236 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Mar 02, 2021

Hi Mayank,Hope you are doing great.I am Jitendranath, 45 years, from Hyderabad. I am writing this after reading your article on Rediff.Basically I am a mechanical engineer having 20+ years of experience in the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) and manufacturing industry in the procurement/SCM function.I worked with companies like Fenner and Kirby in Hyderabad before moving to Thermax, Pune, where I worked for 6+ years. I then returned to Hyderabad with the intention of starting a small business.But, even after four years, I couldn't succeed in establishing my business and lost all the capital. So I started searching for suitable positions.I have had no success since the past two years as the EPC and manufacturing industry is itself struggling for several years (since 2012) from scams like coalgate, policy paralysis, demonetisation, GST and now COVID-19.Even though there are a few jobs in the market, I may not be meeting their requirements.Could you please help me?How I should change and develop my skills to meet current and future demand so that I get a suitable job? I am the single source of income for my family of six.Thanks and regards,Jitendranath V

Hi Jitendranath.

I believe you have the right foundation to restart your corporate career.

You can plan that with these specific points:

1. With your background in EPC, and with the economy looking up, you can focus on infrastructure and the real estate industry.

2. You can also explore opportunities in international markets like the Middle East and Canada.

3. With 20 years of experience, you must continue to focus on managerial and leadership competencies.

All the best.

Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Feb 12, 2024

Dear Mr CHandu, I am 53 yrs now and an BE by qualification. I have been working in IT industry (14 yrs) and from 2007 have been working in IT Security profile as GM. In 2015 I left the job over an partnership offer which did not materialized but i lost the job. I started an start-up ecommerce company with a good concept which was liked and appreciated by the franchisees as even today they are running a grocery store which was setup by me, though my business shut down due to non funding and was cheated in the name of funding. After long gap I did join the company but lasted for just 8 months and now again am job less. I have a good start-up idea in healthcare which is workable and have been appreciated by people to whom i have brief though i M yet to launch due to funds issue, Though people are trying to find the funding after hearing the biz idea. My wife is working and have 2 kids in 12th and 10th Std respectively. Pls advice.
Ans: Dear Mr Dinesh,
It looks like you have been through a lot after getting into business on your own. Your children too are at a critical stage in life which requires funds for higher education in the next few years. The first question to ask yourself is - what is the priority in your life? Is it financial stability for the family esp for the kids? Or is it the pursuit of your business? The second question is - what is the current status of your household finances? Is there enough savings to manage the household, upcoming education expenses, other expenses (travel, medical etc)?
If you are shaky, it may be time for you to consider taking an assignment which offers you a fixed remuneration and also flexibility to work on your idea. You say you were in the field of IT security. Can you consider an assignment which might take 2-3 days per week managing and overseeing the IT security for a company which cannot afford a full-time professional?
You may also want to consider getting incubated in a good healthcare incubator in your city and also apply for a start-up funding grant from the government of India and/or local state government programmes.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2024

Eventhough you are ready to Grab the oppurtunity and behave in flexible manner When you are not working currwntly it becomes nightmare to join a job once again HR dept, Interview panel Sr Mgmt dont look for Solutions to their Requirements posted online whether it is Naukri or Indeed or Linkedin Getting selected but not finalising Putting Selected candidates on hold for 2 to 3 / Even 3 to 6 months shows worst economy In india especially post covid scenario Not able to recover in career to bring myself back on track after innumerable attempts Location constraints Language constraints Relavang exp / Relavant ind constraints Age constraints Slow Decision making from Corp Mgmt and BUSINESS HEAD / MD / CEO Facing rejection with cool attitude
Ans: Thank you for sharing it to me. It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation, and I understand how frustrating it can be to navigate the job market, especially in the current economic climate. Here are some insights and strategies to help you cope with these challenges:

Despite facing setbacks and rejections, it's essential to remain persistent and resilient in your job search. Keep applying to relevant positions, refining your resume and cover letter, and reach out your professionals network in your industry and consider broadening your job search criteria to include a wider range of industries, roles, and locations to help yourself. Invest your time in continuous learning and skill development to enhance your qualifications and make yourself more competitive in the job market by pursuing certifications, online courses, or workshops relevant to your field to stay updated with industry trends and requirements. Try to attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your professional network and access potential job leads. Despite the challenges you're facing, try to maintain a positive mindset and focus on the aspects of your job search that you can control. Keep practicing self-care, stay motivated, and celebrate small victories along the way to stay resilient in the face of adversity.

Always remember that setbacks and challenges are a natural part of the growth process, and it's essential to persevere and adapt your approach based on your experiences. Stay proactive, keep learning and searching better jobs, and trust that your efforts will eventually lead to success. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Sir, I am 27 year old. Single . Working in a psu as a manager. I hate my job. I am not that great at study. I really want to earn a lot of money, travel and retire at the age of 45-50. But I don’t know how ? Should I do mba ? At this age ? I am middle class ! UPSC ? Learn coding? Stop dreaming?
Ans: It's reasonable to feel dissatisfied with your current job and to aspire for more. Considering your age, career stage, and goals, here are some considerations and potential paths you could explore:

Pursuing an MBA can be a valuable option if you're seeking to advance your career, switch industries, or develop managerial and business skills. Many MBA programs welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those with experience in public sector organizations. If you're interested in a career in civil services and have a passion for public administration, policy-making, and governance, preparing for the UPSC exam could be a viable option. Keep in mind that UPSC preparation requires dedication, perseverance, and thorough understanding of current affairs and the Indian administrative system. Learning coding and acquiring technical skills can open up opportunities in the rapidly growing field of technology as well. If you have innovative ideas and a strong desire to create your own path, entrepreneurship could be worth exploring. Starting your own business or venture allows you to pursue your passions, take control of your career, and potentially achieve financial independence. However, entrepreneurship also involves risks and uncertainties, so it's crucial to conduct thorough market research, develop a solid business plan, and be prepared for challenges along the way. Regardless of your career path, prioritizing financial planning and investments can help you work towards your goal of retiring early. Consider consulting with a financial advisor to create a personalized financial plan, explore investment opportunities, and establish a savings strategy that aligns with your income, expenses, and retirement goals. Finally, focus on personal development and self-discovery to clarify your values, interests, and priorities. Reflect on what truly motivates and fulfills you, and explore ways to incorporate those elements into your career and lifestyle choices.

Ultimately, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, and the best path for you will depend on your unique circumstances, strengths, and aspirations. Take the time to explore your options, gather information, and make informed decisions that align with your goals and aspirations. Remember that it's never too late to pursue your dreams and create the life you desire. Best of Luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

I have recently completed my Masters in Zoology; specialisation in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics. Also, I hold a degree of Bachelor in Science as well as Bachelor in Education. Right now, I'm in that stage of life where you see a lot of options in your career; though confused which one to pursue as in the developing scenario, I want something that gives good money as well as requires my knowledge. Need experts advice.
Ans: Given your educational background and specialization in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics, as well as your dual degree in Science and Education, you have a diverse range of career options to explore. Here are some potential career paths that align with your qualifications and interests:

You can pursue a career as a research scientist in academic institutions, government agencies, or private research organizations, work in the biotechnology industry in roles such as research associate, laboratory technician, or quality control specialist or work as a clinical laboratory scientist or medical technologist in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, or healthcare facilities or work as genetic counselor to assess risk of inherited genetic disorders and provide information and support regarding genetic testing, diagnosis, and treatment options, or work as biology teacher, college lecturer, or educational consultant or work as a science writer or editor, writing articles, blogs, or educational materials on topics related to cell biology, genetics, and cytogenetics or work as a regulatory affairs specialist, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines for the development and approval of drugs, biologics, and medical devices.

Consider your interests, career goals, and desired work environment when exploring these options. You may also benefit from networking with professionals in your field, seeking informational interviews, or gaining hands-on experience through internships or volunteer opportunities to help you make an informed decision about your career path. Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further help or assistance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Hallo Sir, Myself Sanjay Agarwal. My daughter pursued her M.Sc. (physics) from Delhi University in 2010–11. But could not clear it and got back papers in two subjects. She joined the service as a teacher (TGT) in a reputed 10+2 school and, after that, got married. As she is also teaching the 11 and 12 standards (supposed to be taught by PGT) and the results of her students are extremely good, now she wants to complete her PG in Physics so that she may be allotted the class as PGT. Her school is also suggesting this to her, and they are ready to provide the necessary permissions for that. Please suggest that after 10–12 years of back papers in DU, is it possible to clear those back papers now? Or may you suggest alternatives so that she may complete her M.Sc. in Physics?
Ans: Thank you for getting in touch with me on Rediff Gurus. It's commendable that your daughter is considering furthering her education to advance her career. While clearing back papers after a significant gap may pose challenges, it's not impossible. She should reach out to the concerned department or administrative office at Delhi University to inquire about their policies and procedures for clearing back papers after a long gap. They can provide guidance on the possibility and process involved. If clearing the back papers is possible, she can start preparing for the exams by going through her study materials, seeking guidance from professors, and practicing past exam papers. She can also consider private universities and institutions as an alternative which are offering PG courses in Physics that may have more flexible admission and examination policies, if clearing back papers at Delhi University seems challenging. Kindly encourage your daughter to assess these options carefully, with determination and perseverance to achieve her educational and professional aspirations. Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 13, 2024

Hii, I am BCA passout student in year 2021, and currently I am pursuing LLB degree so at that time I am still confused to choose a career, so plz tell me what are the pros and cons of both degree and which degree makes money earlier and great future provide to me
Ans: Thank you for getting in touch with me. Choosing between a Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree can be a significant decision that depends on various factors including your interests, skills, career goals, and personal preferences. Here are some pros and cons of both degrees to help you make an informed decision:

Pros of BCA: Lucrative Job Opportunities, High Demand and Competitive Salaries,
Cons of BCA: Rapid Technological Changes, Job Competition and Work-Life Balance
Pros of LLB: Prestigious Career, Diverse Practice Areas, Stable Income, Advocacy and Social Impact
Cons of LLB: Lengthy Education and Training, High Competition, Work-Life Balance

When considering which degree may provide better financial prospects and a great future, it's essential to weigh your interests, strengths, career goals, and personal preferences. Both BCA and LLB offer promising career paths with opportunities for growth, success, and fulfillment, but the right choice ultimately depends on your individual aspirations and aspirations. Additionally, exploring potential career paths, networking with professionals in each field, and mentors can help you make an informed decision that aligns with your long-term goals and aspirations. Good luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further help or assistance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |17 Answers  |Ask -

How to apply for internship in Rosell techsys pvt ltd
Ans: Happy to hear from you! To apply for an internship at Rosell Techsys, you can follow these instructions mentioned below:

First visit the official website of Rosell Techsys Pvt Ltd. You can also search for any internship openings on job portals as well such as Freshersworld, Shine, Indeed, Naukri.com or LinkedIn. Then look for internship opportunities that match your skills, interests, and career goals by paying attention to the job descriptions, requirements, and application deadlines mentioned on the website. Prepare your resume/CV highlighting your relevant skills, qualifications, academic achievements, and any previous internship or work experience and write a compelling cover letter expressing your interest in the internship position and explaining why you are a suitable candidate. You should customize your cover letter for each application to make it more personalized and impactful then submit your application through the company's official website or the job portal where the internship opening is posted. Please follow the application instructions carefully and ensure that you attach all required documents, such as your resume/CV and cover letter. After submitting your application, be patient and wait for a response from Rosell Techsys. If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for further rounds of interviews or assessments. Prepare for interviews by researching the company, understanding its products/services, and familiarizing yourself with the internship role and responsibilities. Be confident, articulate, and enthusiastic during the interview process. If you are selected for the internship, review the terms and conditions of the internship offer carefully, including the duration, stipend (if any), and expectations and respond to the offer promptly and confirm your acceptance of the internship position.

By following these instructions and presenting yourself as a qualified candidate, you can increase your chances of securing an internship opportunity at Rosell Techsys Pvt Ltd. Good luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further guidance or assistance.