Home > Career > Aashish Sood

Aashish

Aashish Sood

CAT, Management Expert 

92 Answers | 7 Followers

Aashish Sood is an IIM-Lucknow alumnus who has been teaching maths and quantitative aptitude to MBA aspirants for over a decade.
He also mentors management student hopefuls for the group discussion and personal interview rounds that follow competitive examinations.
He has appeared for CAT seven times since 2016 and scored in the 99.9 percentile.

Answered on Feb 28, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 29, 2023Translate
I am a 39 yrs old person. I have done my MBA marketing and i am hotel management graduate. I have worked for around 9 yrs in Hospital sales and 3 yrs in hotel Sales and Marketing department. Lastly i was working with a leading hospital in Pune as a deputy manager Sales. I jad to take a break of one and half year in between because of my mother was a liver patient and needed a liver transplant. Now Liver Transplant is done and it is around 7 months, she is all doing fine and good. Now on a professional front i am left jobless because of the break i had to take. I want to start my carrier again. Can you suggest how exactly should i go about. Can u recommend any other carrier other than Hospital sales with my experience and qualification that i can go into. I have liking for sales and marketing. Request you ro suggest something which is related to marketing. I will also want to mention that i am still single in life. I really want you to help me and suggest a good carrier option and also guide in regards with life ahead.
Ans: See it's understandable that taking a break from your career was necessary during that time, and now that your mother is doing well, it's time to focus on your professional growth and development.

Given your experience and qualifications in both hotel management and marketing, along with your extensive background in sales and marketing roles in both hospitals and hotels, I would suggest
1. Many companies across various sectors require professionals with strong sales and marketing skills to promote their products or services. Your experience in B2B sales could be particularly valuable in industries such as pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer goods, or manufacturing.
2. Your experience in hotel sales and marketing could be beneficial in Event management as it requires strong networking, negotiation, and marketing skills.
3. Consider working as a sales or marketing consultant, either independently or with a consulting firm. Consultants provide advice and solutions to businesses to improve their sales and marketing strategies, optimize processes, and achieve their business objectives.
4. With your extensive experience in sales and marketing, you could consider transitioning into a role in education and training. You could become a sales or marketing trainer, teaching others about effective sales techniques, marketing strategies, and customer relationship management.

Additionally, you should also:
A. Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to highlight your skills, experiences, and achievements.
B. Consider taking online courses or certifications to enhance your skills or learn new ones relevant to your career goals.
C. Be open to temporary or part-time roles as you transition back into the workforce.

Answered on Feb 28, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 10, 2024Translate
I have failed in every competitive exam I appeared. I am 29 and I don't have a permanent job yet. My goal was very clear, to get a government job and work in India and make my parents proud. But I am not sure where I am going wrong. I have taken so many career gaps to appear for these exams. Should I just give up or keep trying till I crack it?
Ans: It's understandable to feel frustrated and discouraged, especially when you've invested time and effort into pursuing a specific career goal. However, giving up should not be your only option. Here are some suggestions to consider:

1. Take some time to reflect on your exam preparation strategies, study habits, and performance in previous exams. Identify areas where you may need improvement and consider seeking feedback from mentors, tutors, or peers who have successfully cleared similar exams.

2. While the primary goal may have been to secure a government job, it's essential to remain open to alternative career paths and opportunities. Explore other industries, sectors, or job roles where your skills and experiences could be valuable.

3. Perseverance is key when faced with setbacks and challenges. It's natural to encounter obstacles along the way, but it's essential to stay determined and continue working towards your goals.

4. Consider seeking assistance from professional tutors, coaching centers, or exam preparation courses that specialize in the exams you're targeting.

5. Start thinking how you can effectively address the gaps in your resume and interviews. Highlight any relevant skills, experiences, or achievements gained during these periods, and emphasize your commitment to achieving your career goals.

6. It's essential to prioritize your mental health and well-being during challenging times. Practice self-care, maintain a healthy work-life balance, and seek professional support if you're feeling overwhelmed or experiencing mental health concerns.

Answered on Feb 28, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 19, 2024Translate

Answered on Feb 25, 2024

Hey, I'm a 29-year-old female currently working in a single-family office as the Head of HR & Admin. Previously, I was in a multi-family office (it's the same organization; I switched from multi to single family, but I am also managing tasks at the multi-family office as well), where I worked as an Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO. I graduated with a BBA in finance after five long years following my 2nd PUC, scoring some amazing marks. I joined this XYZ organization after completing my degree. Before that, I was working as a process trainer in an outsourcing company. Also, I recently got married, just a month back. Considering family planning alongside career planning has been quite diplomatic for me. My question right now is: I am keen on pursuing an MBA or any courses to enhance my career, but I'm really unsure of what options to explore. I am a curious learner and love to keep upskilling myself, but I'm uncertain about the best path forward. Should I pursue an MBA in Finance or HR, or should I opt for some short-term courses for upskilling? Additionally, please clarify which is better: an EAA job or HR? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ans: You seem to have a very busy mind

Are you sure you want to start anything new - career wise - considering your recent marriage. You might want to give it, at least, similar level of attention as your career. But thats your call

EAA is a better job than HR in my opinion because of the cross departmental interaction you would be going through, not to mention the learning that you might have had during your interactions with C level

With all this; If you were to genuinely ask me - I would suggest the following
1) Go for a distance MBA with focus on General Mgmt
2) Invest time in marriage
3) Continue with EAA profile and try to take more Project Mgmt roles to get better exposure

Answered on Jan 07, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 27, 2023Translate
Dear Sir, I am in job from July 2003 and have over 20 years of experience, In this 20 years of job, first 16 years i have been in sales and distribution, and last 4 years i have been in operations (Supply chain, addressing and solving customer issue), I feel some how i am lacking in leadership skills related to IT field, as this are in demand now. Can u please help me in providing and suggesting any good course to update myself in this domain. I am MBA pass out in 2003 and did Executive Management program last year with one of the reputed B school in India...
Ans: Since you have already completed an Executive Management program, consider building on that foundation with these specialized courses.

Also, look for programs offered by reputable institutions or professional organizations that provide certifications recognized in the IT industry. Online learning platforms like Coursera, edX, and LinkedIn Learning offer a variety of courses in these areas.

You may consider pursuing certifications like Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM). These certifications are valuable for individuals leading projects in IT.

Toy can focusing on enhancing your general leadership and communication skills through courses that focus on effective communication, team building, and leadership in a technology-driven environment.

In the meanwhile, gain a foundational understanding of AI and ML to stay informed about emerging technologies. Many online platforms offer introductory courses on these topics.

Answered on Nov 24, 2023

My son is a B Tech (2015 from APJA Univ. UPTECH) and MBA in Marketing (2021 from DTU). Since 2016 he has been engaged with TCS (3 years in IT & 2 year in Marketing after completion of MBA ). He is now looking for a better carrier growth in Marketing. Due to less career growth with present employer and after completion of his MBA, he looks forward for a better opportunity. In market he is not able to get better opportunity. He has been trying various organization but not able to get any result. Can you suggest how he can get a better option with regard to career and financially. I think this the right time to have a change for better career growth. Presently he is 30 years old.
Ans: Certainly, I can provide some advice for someone looking to enhance their career

1. I would your son to evaluate his skills, strengths, and weaknesses. Consider the long-term career goals and the industries or roles that align with them.

2. Attend industry events, conferences, and seminars to expand his professional network.

3. Update his Resume and LinkedIn Profile. Ensure that the resume reflects his

4. Consider online courses, certifications, or workshops to stay current in his field.

5. Attend workshops, webinars, or training programs to enhance professional development.

6. He can consider Recruitment Agencies or partner with recruitment agencies or headhunters that specialize in his industry.

Job searches can take time. Stay positive, be persistent, and don't get discouraged by rejections. Consider temporary or freelance opportunities to gain experience while continuing the job search.

Answered on Nov 22, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 22, 2023Translate

Answered on Nov 22, 2023

Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 28, 2023Translate
I am a CS and have done LLB from an average college. I am working as a law officer in public sector bank since last 2 years. However, I am not satisfied with my career compared to my qualifications. Should I switch to private sector? And in which area? Corporate firm or MNC or Indian Company?
Ans: Deciding to switch from the public sector to the private sector can significantly impact your career trajectory. The decision should be based on your interests, long-term career goals, and what aligns best with your qualifications.

1. Evaluate the differences between the public and private sectors. The private sector often offers different work cultures, faster growth opportunities, and potentially higher financial rewards. Assess if these factors align with your career aspirations.

2. Consider what area of law or corporate work interests you the most. Depending on your specialization or interest within law (such as corporate law, contracts, intellectual property, etc.), you can look for opportunities that match your expertise

Take the time to reflect on your personal aspirations and what aspects of your career bring you satisfaction. Determine how a potential switch might align with your long-term career goals and personal growth.

Before making any decision, network with professionals in the areas you're considering and seek advice from individuals who have made similar transitions. Their experiences can offer valuable insights and help you make an informed decision about your career shift.

Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Hello Everyone, I am a working professional completed my graduation in Commerce (Mumbai University full time) and Post Graduate diploma in IT in distance learning mode. Total 16 years of experience, working onsite in middle east. Planning to pursue further study from IIM Kashipur Post Graduate certification online. Just need your guidance, is it really benefit and helpful in getting boost my career by doing online PG certfification from IIM.
Ans: An online Post Graduate Certification from IIM Kashipur could indeed enhance your career by providing learning, networking, and credibility. However, the real impact depends on how you leverage the knowledge gained and the connections made, as well as the value the certification holds in your specific job market. It's essential to evaluate your personal and professional goals and how this certification aligns with them before making the decision.

There are factors to consider:

1. Evaluate the cost of the program against the potential benefits it will offer in your career. Assess if the investment aligns with your career goals and the value the certification can add.

2. Ensure the curriculum and focus of the program align with your career objectives and will be directly applicable to your current or desired role.

3. Consider the recognition and value an IIM Kashipur certification holds in the Middle East job market.

4. Balancing work, personal life, and study can be demanding. Assess if you can manage these commitments effectively.

Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Translate
Hi sir, I completed my B.tech in 2019 in computer science. After that 4 yrs have passed but I have not been able to stabilize my career till now. I have total 2 yrs of work experience in total 4 IT ompanies. I also have 2 career breaks of 1.5 yrs and 6 months each. The reason for my frequent job hopping and career gaps is that I am not able to handle stressful situations at workplace. Whenever a situation comes in which my boss scolds me or expects me to work in tight deadlines or I make some mistakes or some office politics starts, I start to get very anxious and spiral into negativity. My software development skills are pretty decent and I perform better than many of my colleagues. But my inability to handle these things eventually makes me quit the job in the hope that next job would be better in this regard. I usually get new jobs within few weeks due to my skills but my avoidance behaviour starts the same cycle again in the next workplace as well. Due to this my salary has not also been able to grow much. What should I do to save my career? My options are either sticking with IT ir changing my field by doing mba. I also think about MS abroad but my btech grades are not good enough (6.6 cgpa) to get in good universities.
Ans: Hey

It's understandable that dealing with workplace stress, criticism, tight deadlines, and office politics can be overwhelming. However, recognizing these challenges is an important first step towards finding a solution.

Here are my 2 cents worth of advice

1. Consider consulting a professional counselor or therapist to work on coping mechanisms for stress, anxiety, and handling workplace pressure. Learning techniques to manage stress and maintain a positive mindset can be tremendously beneficial.

2. Develop emotional intelligence skills to understand and manage emotions, empathize with others, and effectively communicate in challenging circumstances.

3. Develop a thick skin. Develop an ability to bounce back from setbacks, rejections, or stressful situations. Strategies like mindfulness, meditation, or even regular exercise can significantly contribute to improving resilience.

4. Be assertive, yet respectful, in your interactions can help you navigate workplace conflicts better.

5. It's possible that the culture or environment of the companies you've worked for may not be conducive to your well-being. Consider exploring companies with a more supportive, nurturing, or relaxed work culture.

Going for an MBA will be a costly affair and I would advise you to be sure of your decision.

Furthermore, post MBA; corporate stress is only bound to increase.
Loading...Please wait!