Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Oct 19, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 11, 2023Hindi

Hi, I am a Chartered Accountant by profession having more than 20 years of corporate experience, I have a burnt desire to establish my own venture. I can invest up to Rs 1 Cr. Could you please suggest me what kind of business i should go for. I don't want to go for conventional audit or accounting firm. Could you please share few ideas to see the growing make in India market in line with vision development by 2047 Thank you!

Ans: Certainly, to suggest a business idea, it's helpful to consider your interests, skills, and resources. Here are a few business ideas across different sectors that you might consider:

Online Retail Store: If you have a passion for a particular niche, consider starting an online store. E-commerce is a growing industry, and you can sell products related to your interests.

Consulting or Freelancing: If you have expertise in a specific field, consider offering consulting or freelancing services. This can include areas like marketing, finance, IT, or any skill you possess.

Food Business: If you enjoy cooking or have a unique food product, you could start a food business. Options include a food truck, catering service, or selling specialty food products online.

Health and Wellness: With the increasing focus on health and wellness, you could start a business related to fitness training, nutrition coaching, or wellness products.

Educational Services: Since you work in an educational institute, you might consider starting a tutoring center, offering exam preparation courses, or creating educational content online.

Technology Services: If you're tech-savvy, you could offer services like website development, app development, or IT support.

Event Planning: Event planning can be a rewarding business if you have good organizational skills. You could specialize in weddings, corporate events, or other types of gatherings.

Content Creation: If you have a talent for writing, graphic design, or video production, consider offering content creation services. This can be for businesses, bloggers, or social media influencers.

Handmade Crafts and Art: If you're skilled in crafts or art, you can sell your creations online or at local craft fairs.

Real Estate: If you have knowledge of the local real estate market, you could become a real estate agent or start a property management company.

Subscription Box Service: Create a subscription box with curated products related to a specific theme or niche.

Eco-Friendly Business: Consider starting a business focused on eco-friendly products or services. This can include eco-friendly cleaning products, reusable items, or green energy solutions.

Pet Services: If you love animals, consider a business related to pets, such as a pet grooming service, pet-sitting, or an online pet store.

Local Farming or Gardening: If you have space, you can start a small farm or garden and sell produce or plants locally.

Social Media Management: If you're skilled in social media, offer social media management services to businesses looking to improve their online presence.

Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

for past 19 years i am working in a manufacturing company namely Tinplate company of india limited jamshedpur as mechanical engineer i want to do some buniness so that i have some monetory stability and extra income as you know today no one job is fixed forever pl suggest some small business for me so that after i loose my job i can sustain some income
Ans: Mr Azad, you would like to have a side business to generate additional income. You have provided no idea of your skills/expertise/ experience nor of your financial situation (I am guessing that you don't have any surplus to invest in a business).

First and foremost, pl check if your current employer permits moonlighting or having another job even if it is freelance/ gig work. Many companies can take stringent action in this regard.
Second, what skills/expertise/ experience do you have which is distinct from your current job at TCIL? E.g., are you a good writer, or can draw or teach well or translate from one language to another, or cook etc etc. That will help you identify possible alternate income generating possibilities,
Third, how much free time do you have per day? On the weekends? And at what time? That will narrow down the list of ideas.
Fourth, what kind of other infrastructure, manpower support etc is required for the idea? Do you have the ability to get /pay for it? If you don't, you can only do those activities which rely on your time and expertise. You need to be able to give focused attention to it on a sustained business be it tuitions, writing, cooking, generating online content or whatever else you finally choose.
Fifth, do you have access to a set of customers/ buyers who want what you can offer and are willing to pay for it and can you easily reach them?
Once you have gone through these steps, you would have likely identified an idea that can potentially give you an alternate source of income.
Best of luck

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.