Chandu

Chandu Nair  |55 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Nov 18, 2023

Chandu Nair advises entrepreneurs and enterprises about creating and building their business.
He has direct experience in angel, venture capital and strategic investor funding. Over the last three decades, he has made a name for himself in industry, consultancy, media and information services.
Nair is on the advisory boards of the Chennai-based private equity firm Fulcrum and the social impact fund, Menterra. He's an independent director on the board of India's first retail building products company, Shankara Building Products Limited.
Ashutosh Question by Ashutosh on Oct 30, 2023

Dear Chandu sir, I m a student of yours from IIM indore. I completed my MBA this year. And want to know which career path would give me the skills, knowledge and experience to start up a company of my own one day. Is it management consultant, entering a VC via Investment banking or something else

Ans: Ashutosh
In my view, any meaningful professional experience is helpful in starting your own company. It would be better if you work in the same industry that you eventually want to be in on your own as that will give you the relevant experience, build hands-on expertise plus create your network. Use every opportunity to learn and improve yourself in every way. Develop a set of mentors/advisers/ well-meaning friends and associates.
All the best ????

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Oct 19, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 11, 2023Hindi
Hi, I am a Chartered Accountant by profession having more than 20 years of corporate experience, I have a burnt desire to establish my own venture. I can invest up to Rs 1 Cr. Could you please suggest me what kind of business i should go for. I don't want to go for conventional audit or accounting firm. Could you please share few ideas to see the growing make in India market in line with vision development by 2047 Thank you!
Ans: Certainly, to suggest a business idea, it's helpful to consider your interests, skills, and resources. Here are a few business ideas across different sectors that you might consider:

Online Retail Store: If you have a passion for a particular niche, consider starting an online store. E-commerce is a growing industry, and you can sell products related to your interests.

Consulting or Freelancing: If you have expertise in a specific field, consider offering consulting or freelancing services. This can include areas like marketing, finance, IT, or any skill you possess.

Food Business: If you enjoy cooking or have a unique food product, you could start a food business. Options include a food truck, catering service, or selling specialty food products online.

Health and Wellness: With the increasing focus on health and wellness, you could start a business related to fitness training, nutrition coaching, or wellness products.

Educational Services: Since you work in an educational institute, you might consider starting a tutoring center, offering exam preparation courses, or creating educational content online.

Technology Services: If you're tech-savvy, you could offer services like website development, app development, or IT support.

Event Planning: Event planning can be a rewarding business if you have good organizational skills. You could specialize in weddings, corporate events, or other types of gatherings.

Content Creation: If you have a talent for writing, graphic design, or video production, consider offering content creation services. This can be for businesses, bloggers, or social media influencers.

Handmade Crafts and Art: If you're skilled in crafts or art, you can sell your creations online or at local craft fairs.

Real Estate: If you have knowledge of the local real estate market, you could become a real estate agent or start a property management company.

Subscription Box Service: Create a subscription box with curated products related to a specific theme or niche.

Eco-Friendly Business: Consider starting a business focused on eco-friendly products or services. This can include eco-friendly cleaning products, reusable items, or green energy solutions.

Pet Services: If you love animals, consider a business related to pets, such as a pet grooming service, pet-sitting, or an online pet store.

Local Farming or Gardening: If you have space, you can start a small farm or garden and sell produce or plants locally.

Social Media Management: If you're skilled in social media, offer social media management services to businesses looking to improve their online presence.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 22, 2024

Is master degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with bachelor degree in physiotherapy enough to settle in canada

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that to settle in Canada, a master’s degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy can be sufficient. You would be glad to know that degrees earned from Canada can improve your eligibility for immigration and employment substantially. Physiotherapy being a licensed profession in Canada, I would like to tell you that you will require to get your credentials recognised by the regulatory agency in the province or territory you intend working in. This frequently entails an evaluation of your education and potentially taking additional tests, or acquiring professional experience in Canada.

Moreover, obtaining a master’s degree from a university in Canada can also assist you with the Express Entry immigration system, by raising your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, thereby, enhancing your chances of being invited to submit an application for permanent residency (PR). Furthermore, your resume can be further strengthened by adding work experience acquired in Canada via post-graduate work permits. Hence, your academic background coupled with fulfilling regulatory and immigration standards can help you settle in Canada.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Should I join Bennett University
Ans: Hello Hitesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that your academic and professional objectives, as well as your personal choices play a key role in deciding whether to join Bennett University. Founded by the Times of India Group, Bennett University, is renowned for its strong focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and industry-focused education. I would like to let you know that a vast array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with state-of-the-art infrastructure, knowledgeable teachers, as well as partnerships with international organizations are offered by this university. Not just that, Bennett University boasts a strong placement record and emphasizes on overall development via a range of extracurricular activities.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you take into account variables viz., the location, educational offerings, experience of the faculty members, and campus amenities. You should also compare it with other universities you are interested in, in terms of academic standing, career assistance, and student feedback. Lastly, in order to acquire more knowledge and assist in making an educated choice, I would recommend that you visit the campus, speak to students presently studying there, and participate in informational sessions.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.