Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on May 11, 2024

Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.

We had 5 years of relationship we both were ready to marry each other my parents were also ready but her parents were not ready beacuse it is inter-caste ,Now she wants to end this relationship and after 10 days of ending relationship she wants to become my friend and want to help each other to grow in both careers, i want to know what should i do and is there any way to get her back in my life?

If she wants to end the relationship, there is nothing much you can do about it. I know right now you want to convince her to stay with you. But is that really how you want the relationship to work? Marriages should never be rushed into. All I can suggest is to be patient and wait. See if she realizes your worth and comes back herself. If yes, then great, If no, then why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you? I am not dismissing the fact that her parents did not accept your relationship and it is difficult to go beyond parents' wishes. But still, is that how you want to get married?

You deserve someone who wants you just as much as you want her. Remind yourself of that. If right now all she wants to be is friends, so be it. If you are comfortable with it, be there as a friend. If you think it is too soon, or it might hinder you from moving on, communicate the same. You are not bound to accept her friendship. It entirely depends on you.