Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Aug 09, 2022

Ganesh Question by Ganesh on Aug 09, 2022Hindi

I am 42. I have started investment in below funds one year ago. My salary is Rs 43,000 per month.

• Axis blue chip - sip Rs 1000, total investment Rs 70000 as I invested lump sum also
  • Axis long term equity - Rs 2000, total investment Rs.12009
  • Axis growth opportunities - Lump sum Rs 49000
  • Canara Robeco - Rs.30,000
  • Parag Parekh flexi cap - Rs.10000
  • Kotak Balanced Advantage - Rs 30000

I have 10 year old son, single child.

Goals:

Son’s education - need 10 lakh after 7 years

Retirement - need 1 crore after 15 years

Ans: Please break the above details in SIP and lump sums for me to advise properly.

My Goal is to have 75 Lakh after 12 years for my Child Education and so for that i have started to invest.Mirae Assetlarge Cap Fund-Regular Growth Fund-5000 Per month Nippon India Growth Fund Growth plan Growth option 2500 per month SBI Small Cap Fund Regular Growth-2500 per month HDFC Flexi Cap Fund -Regular Plan growth-5000 Per month
Ans: Your investment strategy seems well-diversified across different types of mutual funds, which is a good approach to achieve your financial goal of accumulating 75 lakh for your child's education in 12 years. Here are some key points to consider:

Diversification: You have invested in large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap, and flexi-cap funds, providing diversification across different market capitalizations. This can help mitigate risk and capture growth opportunities across various segments of the market.

Consistency: Consistently investing monthly amounts in SIPs demonstrates discipline and commitment towards achieving your goal. It's essential to maintain this disciplined approach over the long term.

Review and Monitor: Periodically review the performance of your funds and ensure they are aligned with your investment objectives. Monitor changes in market conditions and make adjustments to your portfolio if necessary.

Risk Management: Small and mid-cap funds tend to be more volatile compared to large-cap funds. Ensure you are comfortable with the risk associated with these investments and have a long-term investment horizon to ride out market fluctuations.

Regular Contributions: Consider increasing your monthly SIP contributions over time, especially if your income allows for it. This can accelerate the growth of your investment and help you reach your goal faster.

Seek Professional Advice: If you're uncertain about your investment strategy or need personalized guidance, consider consulting with a financial advisor who can provide tailored recommendations based on your specific financial situation and goals.

Overall, your investment strategy appears to be on track towards achieving your goal of accumulating 75 lakh for your child's education in 12 years. Continue to stay disciplined, monitor your investments, and make adjustments as needed to stay on course.

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.

Hi Anil, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: To estimate your corpus after 7 to 8 years, let's assume an average annual return on your mutual fund SIPs at 10-12% and a similar return on your other investments.

For Mutual Funds:

Future Value of Current Investments: Using the future value formula, considering an average return of 10-12%, your current 1.09 crore can grow to approximately 2.2 - 2.5 crores in 7-8 years.
Future Value of Additional SIPs: Investing 35k per month for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 50 - 60 lakhs from SIPs alone.
For Other Investments:

Future Value of Current Investments: Assuming an average annual return of 10-12%, your current 1 crore can grow to approximately 2 - 2.4 crores.
Future Value of Additional Investments: With 80k monthly investments for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 1.5 - 1.8 crores.
Total Corpus After 7-8 Years: Combining both, your total corpus could range from 5.2 - 6.2 crores.

Retirement Planning:
Considering your monthly expense is 1 lakh, with a corpus of 5.2 - 6.2 crores, you can generate approximately 40-50k per month (assuming a 7-8% withdrawal rate) post-retirement. This should be sufficient considering your current expenses, but inflation and unforeseen expenses should also be considered.

It's advisable to consult a financial advisor for a detailed plan tailored to your needs, considering inflation, tax implications, and other factors.

Hello, I want to invest 10 lac INR for a long term investment. I need suggestion on the following, i understand to invest in the form of SIP. But want to get a suggestion on where should I invest this 10-20 lac first and then invest as an SIP over 1-2 years or even 3 years as per your suggestion. As currently lying in Savings account which doesnt yield more. Secondly I would need a help on good portfolio of funds for long term (10 years or above) for my retirement/younger child's education.
Ans: For long-term investments of 10-20 lakhs, you can consider the following approach:

Initial Lump Sum Investment:

Liquid Funds: Park a portion in liquid funds to earn better returns than a savings account while maintaining liquidity.
Short-term Debt Funds: Allocate to short-term debt funds for stability and moderate returns.
Long-Term SIP Portfolio:

Diversified Equity Funds: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap equity funds through SIPs for growth potential.
Balanced Funds: Opt for balanced funds or aggressive hybrid funds for a blend of equity and debt, suitable for long-term wealth creation.
Child Education: Start a separate SIP in a child education-focused fund to ensure funds are available when needed.
Sample Portfolio for Long Term:

Large Cap Equity Fund: 30%
Mid Cap Equity Fund: 20%
Multi Cap Equity Fund: 25%
Balanced/Aggressive Hybrid Fund: 15%
Child Education Fund: 10%
Adjust the allocation based on your risk tolerance and financial goals. Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to maintain desired asset allocation. Consulting a financial advisor can help create a personalized investment plan tailored to your needs and goals.