Radhika

Radhika Iyer  |66 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga Expert - Answered on Jun 30, 2023

Radhika Iyer is a yogini, mountaineer and philanthropist.
After being diagnosed with cancer, Radhika benefitted from training in yoga and meditation.
In 2009, she founded the yoga studio Raa Foundation to share what she had learnt. She has also founded Anahata Organics, a sustainable lifestyle brand.
Vijit Question by Vijit on Jun 28, 2023Hindi

Hi This is Vijit Nair. I just need to know if I am practicing pranayam like kapalbharti and anulom vilom how much I must, kapalbharti how much and anulom vilom.

Ans: Namaste!
First off, Kapalabhati is NOT a Pranayam. It is a part of the SHATAKARMA KRIYA, that is used to cleanse the respiratory tract. Best time to practice this kriya is on an empty stomach before sunrise every morning. In winters it begins to show more benefit since it is a kriya that warms the body. The best Pranayam to practice is the Anulom-Vilom which you seem to be already Practicing. I suggest you start with about 100 strokes of Kapalabhati divided into three parts. Do not practice the 100 strokes altogether. End this with 10 Roy da of Anulom-Vilom post which you can simply sit in silence for 5 minutes. This practice should allow you to feel fit and calm throughout the day.

Namita

Namita Piparaiya  |39 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga, Wellness Expert - Answered on Jun 21, 2023