Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |885 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Jun 12, 2024

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan has been practising for 30 years.
She specialises in general medicine, child development and senior citizen care.
A graduate from Madurai Medical College, she has DNB training in paediatrics and a postgraduate degree in developmental neurology.
She has trained in Tai chi, eurythmy, Bothmer gymnastics, spacial dynamics and yoga.

I am a 28 year old female. I am 162 cm tall. I got married last year (2023). My husband lives abroad. He visits India for 2 months or sometimes 1 month in a span of year. Since I got married, I got barely 3 months to live with my husband. In that time, we tried to conceive as my husband is very eager for having children. I had one or two acnes around my periods but after my marriage, I started getting severe acne all over my face and no where else on my body. I consulted Dermatologist for this issue. Her treatment wasn’t of any help to me. Somehow, with my mother’s home remedies like cinnamon and cumin seeds water I got rid of those stubborn acne to some extent. I still get acne on my face but in moderation, I continually consume that drink daily. My weight was around 59 kg at the time of my marriage but it has been increasing by 1kg since September 2023. Now as of today my weight is 69kg. I consulted gynaecologist for my issues with conceivement I have been diagnosed with Thyroid and hormonal imbalance. I rarely slept at night time. But I get good amount of sleep after 4 AM, I sleep all over the morning and wake up around Noontime. My Gynaecologist told me to get sleep at night time and wake up early in the morning. I have been doing that since many days now, sleeping at 12 or 1 AM and waking up at 9-9:30 AM daily. The main issue is, she told me to lose weight about 8-10 kg in order to conceive naturally. I am unable to shed my weight, provided I am taking thyroid medication daily in the morning. It’s been a month now my weight is steadily stuck at 68 kg. I waver back and forth with grams around that 68 kg, thats it. My ir-resistant body fat has become a matter of great concern for me now. No matter how much I exercise it has no effect on my body weight. What should I eat or do to lose my weight faster and easier with thyroid and insulin resistance ?

Ans: Body Constituition has a lot to do with genetic inheritance too. For your height your weight up to 62 kg is acceptable limit of your ideal weight. So shaking of 5-6 kg is very much achievable.
Main point to touch is early dinner. Have dinner by 6 pm and no more Carb, protein and fat after that time. And your dinner meal should not have any animal protein. Just by doing this and exercising through brisk walks 30mts a day five days a week will make a big change. The problem what we face these days is late night dinners, eating snacks late night. Just address that

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024