Baqar Iftikhar

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi  |112 Answers  |Ask -

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Aug 28, 2023

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi is the founder and CEO of Upriver Ecommerce, an online sales accelerator firm and can guide entrepreneurs on how to make their firms grow.He holds a BTech in textile technology from the Central Textile Institute and has a master's degree in marketing and merchandising from the National Institute of Fashion Technology.He has 23 years of experience in the consumer products and retail industry.... more
Sandeep Question by Sandeep on Aug 02, 2023Hindi

hi, I am senior IT consultant (BE, PGDM) with about 15 years experience in technology/domain (manufacturing, financial services etc). I have worked as developer, business analyst, team lead roles. what options do I have to start my own firm/continue working for a company? what capital may be required to start a business?

Ans: Sandeep, your options depend upon your skill sets, business orientation, risk taking capabilities etc. The capital requirements may also depend based on what you finally decide to do. As a rule, plunge into your own venture when you savings that will last you at least 12-15 months, without a salary. This is over and above what you will need to invest in the business. So select the business carefully, create a detailed business plan evaluating the capex and opex requirement, see how you will raise the money and how you will manage your own expenses for the next 12-18 months, before the business starts paying you anything at all.

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Aug 10, 2023

Dear Sir, I am a civil engineer living in Chandrapur it is a small city. I have a experience of 25 years as quality in-charge. Hence i want to start my own business as a consultant for constructions and civil solutions. Please guide me how an from where I shall start
Ans: One should first gain as much practical experience as possible before starting on your own. As mentioned by you, you are strong at structural subjects at B-Tech level. But you will see that practical structural design is way different than the theoretical ones.

Though the design concepts remain same, the onsite execution factors play an important role in finalizing your design data. Additionally, you being an independent consultant, you will have to learn the entire process starting from Tendering, preparing BOQs, Design report submissions, onsite visits etc.,. To understand the nuances of each step, I would suggest you to get some 5 years of exposure under some consultant and then you will be confident to start on your own.

Coming to software's (which will be helpful even for working under a consultant), you should start from AutoCad (for building plans, drafting etc.,) then for analysis part you can use any of the renown building packages like MIDAS, CSI products, Bentley Products. There is no hard and fast rule to follow a particular one. You can get a grip on any one of these and perform the tasks. All the very best for your future!

There are a few construction business ideas for beginners that can get you started in this exciting and ever-growing industry. The construction industry is full of opportunity, so if you’re considering starting your own business, now is a great time to do it.

Many different successful construction business models can be effective in the construction industry. The key is to find the model that best suits your company’s strengths and weaknesses.

One common business model is the design-build model. In this model, the construction company takes on both the design and construction phases of a project. This can be a good option for companies with strong engineering and construction capabilities.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 17, 2023

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Jul 23, 2024

Me and my boyfriend are in long distance relationship from past 6 months, I told him about my past in almost starting of it that I had 2 friends with benefits in past and one of that person was my classmate as well as friend, and he used to still contact me, and when I came in relationship also, he called me during that time and I told regarding my relationship status, and I also informed my boyfriend that I talked with him but this thing happened before he knows that I had physical intimacy with him, then when he asked me to block, I suddenly question "what is the point of blocking him" which I regret the most, but I blocked him later by myself, now my boyfriend is sayine me that I have cheated him and he won't trust me till his death, but I told everything in past happened to him. I love him a lot but he is not giving to work together in this relationship and saying that he won't stay loyal to me anymore, he won't trust be ever, as per him I have cheated him, but my intentions were not wrong at all, tho that guy was in contact but I never initiate any conversation with him while I came into relationship, is it really a cheat, is it that he should not trust me anymore? Please guide

It sounds like you are going through a rough time and I am sorry for it. Here's a thought and I am sure you have thought of it too, try to see things from his perspective. While you know that you never cheated nor meant to, it is important to acknowledge that your boyfriend's feelings are valid. He is feeling betrayed and that's a fact. Now, our goal should be to fix this issue. How do we do it? Communication is the only way. Tell him that you understand his perspective but it is important that he sees yours too. If he wants to vent, listen to him. Do not interrupt or become defensive. Understand whatever he says is coming from his insecurity. I know it's difficult not to take it personally, but his statements will be a reflection of his feelings and not your character. Remember this during the conversation. Once he is done speaking, reassure him that you had no intention of cheating. You can also reassure him of your commitment. Promise to be more transparent and point out that you were honest with him from the beginning. If you had any intention to cheat, you could have easily not shared with him your past. But you did and that shows that you are committed to this relationship. Tell him that you understand the need for boundaries and it is not okay to be in touch with people who make your partner uncomfortable.

Look, rebuilding trust needs work and it also takes time. Both of you need to work on it. You will have to work on making him trust you and he will have to work on letting go of his misconception (which might be his reality) and trust you wholly again. Relationships don't work till two people trust each other completely. If he continues to say that he can't trust you again, it might be best to reconsider this relationship. Even though your words hurt him, you did not cheat on him in reality. Why should you have to live in fear that he will cheat on you merely to take revenge?

After you put in all the effort, see where it goes. If things do not get better, rethinking the relationship would be best. Everyone deserves someone who can trust and be trusted.