Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2021

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
Suchita Question by Suchita on Apr 22, 2021Hindi

Hi Mayank,
I am 41 and working in an IT MNC which I joined last year right before the lockdown.
While the company is stable and doing well, I am somehow unable to match up to the performance levels of my colleagues despite always having been an achiever in my previous jobs. This could be because I handle a set of accounts which are new and were given to me to be onboarded only six months back.
The problem is that my bosses have high expectations and I hear a lot of advice on how I should approach my work but, in actual terms, my manager never really bothers to support me.
I seem to be working in a silo and, no matter what I do, I feel like an outsider all the time.
There is a lot of politics as well and I often lose orders to other colleagues.
I am not happy here and would like to move on. Is it ok to change a job only after 1.3 years of working in a company?
Please advise.
Regards,
Suchita

Hi Suchita.

This is certainly not the right time to change a job. Since your company is stable, you must stay here and look at ways to be effective.

First of all, set clear expectations with your manager while keeping his manager also in the loop.

Managing her/his team online would be a new experience for your manger as well, so you need to be understanding.

You must have a candid discussion with him and, if possible, move to another process/manager.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.