Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 03, 2024

Manoj Question by Manoj on Dec 30, 2023Hindi

Hi madam My son is doing Master in economics @ central university with 85% mark. He is interested to do his PhD at good university in USA/UK. What’s the procedure to apply and get a good university. Manoj

Ans: Hi Manoj,
To pursue a Ph.D. in Economics in the USA or UK, your son should identify potential advisors, excel in standardized tests like GRE or GMAT, prepare a strong research proposal, and secure compelling recommendation letters. Research universities aligning with his academic interests, considering faculty expertise and program reputation. Pay attention to application deadlines, and engage in relevant research or work experience to strengthen his application. Good luck!

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 13, 2023

My son is Btech from IIT delhi having 3 years work experience in a software start up. he wants to pursue MS in computer Science,has Gre score above 350,TOFFLE score above minimum required.He applied last year too but didnt receive any call from Ivy League universities.This year too he will apply what should he do to get admission in good university sanjay
Ans: Hello Sanjay,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear about your son’s plans on pursuing Master’s of Science in Computer Science. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that your son should follow these recommendations in order to enhance his chances of securing admission to Ivy League universities.

As the first step, your son should make sure to draft a compelling application. This entails submitting a strong Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement that outlines his interest for the field of computer science, his accomplishments as well as his future goals. Not just that, he should also obtain robust endorsement letters from professors or employers who can attest to his character and abilities. As mentioned previously, your son has applied to only Ivy League universities. Remember that outstanding programs in Computer Science are offered by a number of high-class universities. I would suggest that he submits applications to not only Ivy League but rather to a broad variety of universities. In doing so, his chances of obtaining admission offers will be boosted.

Remember that extracurricular activities are an integral part of the application procedure, and thus, I would recommend that in order to showcase his passion for the field of computer science, your son should throw light on extracurriculars or outstanding achievements he has earned. Versatile applicants are often favored by admissions committees. As mentioned above, your son has already appeared for and obtained a GRE score of more than 350. I would say that though this score earned by him is respectable, it might not necessarily meet the criteria to secure admission to Ivy League universities. Earning a robust score can greatly enhance your son’s application, and thus, I would recommend that he re-appear for the GRE examination and strive to achieve a greater score.

When applying to certain universities, your son may be required to appear for interviews as part of the application process. I would recommend that he researches common interview questions and prepares his responses to those queries. If asked for, he should be well prepared to throw light on his past experiences, background, as well as his objectives for the future. Remember that one’s performance in the interview can greatly decide whether he/she secures admission. Your son should show his earlier application to academic advisors or counselors if possible as they would be able to point out areas that require improvement, provide meaningful insights, and guide him better. Lastly, with a number of universities have rolling admissions procedures, I would recommend that your son submits his applications ahead of time.

I would like to point out that although Ivy League universities are well-renowned, several other universities offer outstanding computer science programs that your son can consider applying to. His chances of getting admitted to a reputed program in the field of computer science can be enhanced if he applies to a number of universities.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Mar 09, 2024

hello Sir, my son is age is 24 and he his commerce graduate , he want to pursue for further study for MS in finance either in USA/ UK or small country like Netherland / ireland or near by he has already completed ILTS EXAM, can you please guide good university and looking to job prospective whether there is any scope in finance . please guide SIR .,
Ans: Hello Shivaji. Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that your son wants to pursue an MS in finance abroad.
To answer your question first, certainly, pursuing an MS in Finance can be a great choice for your son, as it opens up various opportunities in the finance industry globally. Here are some recommendations for universities in the USA, UK, Netherlands, Ireland, and nearby countries that offer strong finance programmes, along with insights into job prospects:

1. USA: The USA has a robust finance industry, especially in cities like New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Graduates from top universities often find opportunities in investment banking, asset management, corporate finance, and consulting.

2. UK : London is a global financial hub, providing ample opportunities in investment banking, asset management, fintech, and corporate finance. Graduates often find roles in financial institutions and consulting firms.

3. Netherlands: The Netherlands has a thriving financial sector, particularly in Amsterdam. Graduates may find opportunities in banking, insurance, asset management, and financial technology companies.

4. Ireland: Dublin has a growing financial services industry, with opportunities in banking, fund management, fintech, and corporate finance.
Regardless of the country or university your son chooses, it's essential for him to network actively, gain relevant internships or work experience, and stay updated with industry trends to enhance his job prospects in the competitive field of finance. Additionally, obtaining professional certifications such as CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or FRM (Financial Risk Manager) can further boost his credentials and career prospects.

For further assistance you can get in touch with us.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

My son doing bachelor of Phesiothrepy he wants his post graduation in USA and somr other countries please advise him for some good universities how to get admission and what is the process iam not as good as in financial

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to hear that your son is pursuing his Bachelor of Physiotherapy after which he intends pursuing his postgraduate (PG) studies in the USA. I would like to let you know that although pursuing higher studies overseas can be a fantastic opportunity, taking monetary considerations into account is crucial. As an answer to your question, mentioned below are some suggestions to locate economical options as well as the admissions procedure:

As the first step, your son should look into universities that provide affordable programs, or else, examine programs that offer monetary assistance or scholarships to overseas students. In comparison to others, a few universities might charge cheaper tuition fees. I would suggest that your son searches for public universities or ones that offer robust initiatives for financial assistance. Next, your son should make sure that the universities he is thinking about enrolling in are accredited by recognized accreditation agencies. This guarantees that educational criteria are fulfilled. If needed, your son should prepare beforehand for standardized tests viz., the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS. He can study with the help of various resources available online and in libraries. Remember that the application procedure and prerequisites differ between universities. Ensure that your son adheres to the guidelines set by each university and submits necessary documents viz., his academic marksheets, scores of standardized tests viz., the GRE, scores of English competency tests viz., the IELTS or TOEFL, personal statement, endorsement letters, as well as a CV or résumé. As part of financial planning, I would recommend that your son sets a realistic budget for pursuing higher studies abroad. He should consider the costs of living, tuition costs, medical insurance, as well as other additional expenditures. He should also look into the part-time employment opportunities for international students, and make sure that the work doesn’t hamper his studies. There are a number of scholarships available for international students that your son should look into. Scholarships based on merit or monetary support packages are offered by a number of universities. In addition, your son can explore external scholarship programs provided by governmental bodies, commercial businesses, or foundations. Besides conventional postgraduate programs, your son could look into other options viz., online programs, which may be comparatively cheaper and offer more flexibility. In order to acquire direction and assistance during the application procedure, your son can get in touch with the international student offices at the universities he’s considering. Not just that, he should speak with academic advisors or organizations with experience helping students study overseas.

Remember that there are several renowned universities in the USA and some other nations that are regarded for the robust Physiotherapy programs they offer. In the USA, your son can apply to universities viz., University of Southern California, Emory University, University of Iowa, University of Pittsburgh, and University of Delaware. In Australia, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, and University of Melbourne are well-known for their postgraduate programs in Physiotherapy. Universities viz., King's College London, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, University of Southampton, University of Nottingham, University of Birmingham, University of Manchester, and University of East Anglia in the UK are known for their postgraduate studies in Physiotherapy. Your son can consider applying to any of these universities. Your son can also apply to any of these Canadian universities viz., University of British Columbia, University of Alberta, McGill University, University of Toronto, and McMaster University that are well-regarded for their Physiotherapy postgraduate programs. These universities are well-known for their top-notch instruction, hands-on learning, and research possibilities in Physiotherapy. In order to ascertain which program best resonates with his interests, monetary situation, and professional objectives, I would recommend that your son conducts more research on each program. Besides, when selecting, he should also take into account variables viz., the location, amenities, experience of the faculty members, and alumni network.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 10, 2024

My son is completing MSC Physics from IIT Delhi by June 2024, and he wish to do PHD from a reputed university/Institute of USA on a fully funded scholarship. Ur expert advise is solicited please.

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to hear that your son is completing his MSc. in Physics from IIT Delhi after which he intends pursuing his PhD from a reputed university or institute in the USA. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that its an excellent objective to pursue a PhD in the USA on a fully funded scholarship. I would recommend that he takes the following steps into consideration:

Firstly, I would suggest that your son conducts a study on universities in USA that offer outstanding physics programs and instructors who share the same interests in research as him. Next, he should get in touch with possible advisors to convey his interest and agreement with the objectives of the project. As the next step, your son should customise application documents to the particular prerequisites of each university viz., transcripts, GRE test scores, and statement of purpose. He should also secure compelling letters of recommendation from professors who are well acquainted with him. I would also recommend that your son investigates external fellowships/scholarships as well as fully financed PhD programs. He should practice for possible program interviews. Lastly, I would suggest that he remains adaptable and persistent throughout the application procedure.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |61 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 13, 2024

Hello I completed btech in mechanical engineering from iiT kanpur but I have not placed by recruiter and didn't get any job then what is I do
Ans: Remember that job searching takes time, and rejection is part of the process. Stay motivated, keep learning, and believe in your abilities. You’ll find the right opportunity eventually!
Job hunting can be challenging, but persistence pays off. Keep applying and stay positive.
Reflect on your skills, interests, and strengths. Identify areas where you excel and areas where you need improvement. Consider taking online courses or certifications to enhance your skills in specific domains.

Use job portals, company websites, and social media platforms to search for job openings. Apply to positions that align with your background and interests.
Connect with professionals in your field through LinkedIn, industry events, and workshops. Attend job fairs, conferences, and meetups to expand your network.
Update your resume and tailor it to highlight relevant experiences and skills. Write a compelling cover letter that showcases your passion and suitability for the roles you’re applying for.

Consider learning programming languages (Python, MATLAB, etc.) or software commonly used in mechanical engineering.
Explore areas like data analysis, simulation, or CAD design. Apply for internships or short-term projects to gain practical experience. Showcase any personal projects related to mechanical engineering on your portfolio. Obtain relevant certifications (e.g., Six Sigma, AutoCAD, SolidWorks) to enhance your profile.

In other hand, If you’re open to it, explore master’s programs or specialized courses that align with your interests.