Hi, my daughter is studying in 11 class and she has opted for medical. After 12th she would like to go to USA for further studies. Can you please advise few best Universities in USA for medical programs? And complete process as well?
To begin with, thank you for getting in touch with us. Certainly, we’d be glad to assist! Although studying medicine in the United States might be beneficial, it's vital to keep in mind that the application process can be very competitive. Mentioned below are some of the best medical schools in the USA, along with a description of the application process:
Top Medical Schools in the United States:
1. Harvard University
2. Johns Hopkins University
3. Stanford University
4. University of California--San Francisco
5. University of Pennsylvania (Perelman)
6. Washington University in St. Louis
7. Duke University
8. University of California--Los Angeles (Geffen)
9. Yale University
10. Columbia University
Remember that this is not an exhaustive list, as there are several additional good medical universities in the United States.
1. Prerequisites: Before applying, your daughter must obtain a bachelor's degree (often a pre-medical or cognate degree) with prerequisite coursework in biology, chemistry, physics, and maths.
2. MCAT: The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a requirement for admission to the majority of American medical schools. It is a standardized exam that evaluates an applicant's understanding of scientific principles, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
3. Recommendation Letters: Your daughter will require outstanding letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, or professionals who can attest to her intellectual prowess and character.
4. Statement of Purpose: Typically, applicants must compose a convincing personal statement outlining their purpose to pursue a medical career, relevant experiences, and attributes that make them a viable candidate.
5. Application via AMCAS or AACOMAS: The majority of medical schools use centralized application systems: the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) for MD programs and the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS) for DO programs.
6. Additional Applications: Some colleges may request secondary applications with additional essays or questions after the initial application. These are used to further determine the applicant's suitability for the program.
7. Interviews: Your daughter will be invited to the schools for interviews, if chosen. This serves as an opportunity for her to learn more about the program and for the school to learn more about her.
8. Acceptance: She will have to select one institution and file the necessary paperwork if she receives acceptance offers.
9. Visa Procedure: The university's office for international students will assist your daughter with the visa application procedure when she accepts an offer.
10. Medical Licensing Exams: After completing the medical program in the United States, she will need to pass the United States Medical Licencing Examination (USMLE) in order to practise medicine.
It's important to thoroughly examine the programs and make appropriate plans because each university may have unique criteria and deadlines. Getting advice from academic advisors, mentors, or business experts might be advantageous because the application process can be complicated.
For more information, you can visit our website.