Ankit

Ankit Kedia  | Answer  |Ask -

Start-up Expert - Answered on Feb 16, 2023

A second generation entrepreneur with 15 years of experience, Ankit Kedia is an angel investor and the founder of Capital-A, a venture fund for seed to early-stage meaningful start-ups and Caremont, a healthcare startup. He completed his graduation from Christ University, Bengaluru. He has an MBA degree in operations, marketing, international markets and economics from the S P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.
Sameer Question by Sameer on Feb 04, 2023Hindi

hi Anu this is sk here. I am based in Pune and my age is 53. I am looking out for jobs in the automotive sales industry but not getting appropriate opportunities. I have been trying for quite some time now. Is it time I should give up and start something of my own?. But for starting something I need the funds to do business. Plz advice.

Ans: If you have the clarity about what you want to do - that's a start. Note down what your choices are - reflect on whether you have the courage to make the choice and finally if you are ready to face consequence of your choice. 4Cs - Clarity, Choice, Courage and Consequence. If you do decide to startup - do ensure to build a solid team of co-founders, especially a mix of experienced as well as younger folks, do consider putting in seed capital to start the business yourself. Once your product is ready, you can go looking for investors - I must add, investors are very selective about the bets that they are taking these days, so chose a space which is uncluttered ! All the best !

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

I am 35 year old and holding 5+ years of experience in various domains after completing Deploma in Mech Engg QA-1year(automobile industry 2011-12). 2012-2018-- Degree in Mechanical Engg. Meanwhile due to financial issues I had work with 2/3 companies for short time of period and left because of Exams, whatever work like service engineer and Quality related work I attended. After completing my Graduation in Mechanical Engg I rejoin small firm which was dealer and distribution industry for metal cutting tools. due to convid these company was shutdown and then 2021 I switched to BPO industry and now from April 2023 to till date I am working in Supply chain Management in Infosys as a Sr Executive now could you please advise what should I do because it's really challenging to adapt new skills with less salary I am unable to take risk of new learning. And also facing money problems as now I have to run entire family shall I have to start any business or what should I do to save and retrack my career?
Ans: Why don't you want to continue in SCM?

In my opinion, you should continue to develop your expertise in supply chain management. Given your current role at Infosys, aim to gain more responsibilities and prove your value within the organization. You may also consider obtaining supply chain management certifications like APICS (now ASCM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Six Sigma. These can increase your marketability and potential for promotions or salary increases.

Stay updated with industry trends and continue learning to adapt to changing market demands.

Sir, is it good to get into IIT Tirupathi for CSE or BITS Goa ECE ?
Ans: Some factors to consider before you decide out of these 2 Institutes (1) ECE is slightly tougher than CSE (2) Number of Recruiters / Companies visiting for Campus Recruitment will be lesser compared to CSE (3) Some IT Companies prefer even ECE Students during Campus Recruitment (3) Fees is much on higher side in BITS. Around 35.00 Lacs you will have to spend, whereas IIT-T is much affordable. (4) Your Interest: CSE or ECE?. Think for 5-minutes over these factors. You will be able to decide the better and more suitable one for you. All The BEST for your Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here