Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Sushil Sukhwani  |438 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Mar 29, 2024

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
John Question by John on Mar 26, 2024Hindi

I want my son ( 7cgpa mechatronics engineering graduate) to do his higher studies and get job and settle down in US or Europe or Australia or New Zealand. Almost one year without jobs is eating us.

Ans: Hello John. Greetings for the day. It is understandable that you are concerned about your son’s job and his desire to study overseas in countries like the US, Europe, Australia, or New Zealand.

Coming to the question,the student will be eligible to apply to the to the USA with his CGPA; a 1-year gap is fine to apply to the universities in the USA; he will get a job in the manufacturing industry-consumer goods, industrial goods, automotive products, and electronics, mechatronics also plays an important role in healthcare, transportation, and many other fields. Graduates of the Mechatronics MS program will work in cybersecurity, telecommunications, computer science, automotive engineering, robotics, artificial intelligence, consumer products and packaging, and more. There are few universities that give GRE waivers.
Also, Europe, Australia and New Zealand are good options for higher studies and job purposes. It would be good if you let us know if there is a specific country in your mind so that we may guide you further.

For further assistance, you can get in touch with us.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


R P Yadav  |304 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Dec 26, 2023

Hi, my son complete B E Civil, try to get job , ehat he do
Ans: Dear Mohammed,
I can understand that you are looking for job opportunities for your son who has completed his B.E. in Civil Engineering. There are many career options available for civil engineering graduates. Some of the popular career options include:
Surveyor: Surveyors conduct land and site reviews to measure land features based on various reference points, such as depth and shape. They examine data from previous land records to verify the current on-site surveys and present their findings to the designated authorities. The national average salary for this position is ?14,828 per month.
CAD Technician: Computer-aided design (CAD) technicians develop electronic design plans for buildings and machinery using CAD software. They cooperate with building architects and professional designers to convert blueprints and technical drawings into 2D and 3D computer models. The national average salary for this position is ?15,910 per month.
Structural Engineer: Structural engineers design and build buildings, bridges, and other commercial and private structures. They also measure loads and presses to ensure that the buildings’ formation and structure are secure and choose durable materials. The national average salary for this position is ?21,641 per month.
Urban Planner: Urban planners coordinate with public officials, developers and community members to plan land development and usage activities and initiatives. The national average salary for this position is ?21,665 per month.
These are just a few examples of the many career paths available to civil engineering graduates. Your son can also consider working in the government sector, where there are many job opportunities for civil engineers. Some of the government organizations that offer jobs for civil engineers include Municipal Corporations, Jal Boards, Delhi Development Authority, New Delhi Municipal Corporation, Metro Rail, National Highway Authority of India, Indian Oil Corporation, Delhi State Industrial Development Corporation, Public Works Department, Central Public Works Department, Border Roads Organization, Military Engineering Services, Airport Authority of India, Indian Air Force, Railways, Irrigation & Flood control department, Public Health Engineering department, National Hydro-electric Power Corporation, National Thermal Power Corporation, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Defense Research and Development Organization, RITES, DRDO, Pollution Control Boards, Building and Construction department of organizations and many more.

..Read more

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds