Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 13, 2023

Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.
Srikanth Question by Srikanth on Apr 11, 2023Hindi

I started a relationship with a girl. First we thought it just a relationship no marriage. But as days going we fell deep into each other that we cant live without each other. I found one thing that she loving more than needed. Im so scared of her, what will she do if i run out of her life for my marriage. This thought killed me. So I decided to leave her without telling a reason. I left her with a small issue. I really dont want to loose but i had to. I just said good bye, she also said good bye. Later i never texted her. She too never texted me. But after 2 months i felt guilty of leaving so i came back to her. Previously her parents decided to marry her to their son in law. I know this when were in relationship. So after our breakup i came back to her. But she said no to me because she is committed with her brother in law. I cant take this. Its killing me. After i said good bye she never tried to contact me for patch-up. Even no texts. Her brother in law told her that im ready to marry you. So she too said i too like you and im also ready to marry you. But their marriage will happen in 2026. I told her that untill marriage please be with me and this is our deal when we started our relationship. But she said no. I begged her many times but she always said no to me. And still now i cant believe that she said no to me. All this happened 3 months ago but still i cant forget her. Recently she deleted my number also. Everything making me feel low. What should i do now?

Ans: Dear Srikanth,

To me, it sounds like you broke up with her. No, you ghosted her. How you put her on trial isn't clear to me, given the fact that you stopped contacting her after a mere goodbye and no proper explanation. Why did she not try to contact you? Maybe she has enough self-respect to restrain herself from doing so; I cannot speak for her but judging the events, you were the one who broke up and you need to own up to it.

Moving on to her deciding to get married- I am assuming she told you she's happy to marry her intended; if so, please accept the reality and move on. Next, why is she not agreeing to be in a relationship with you till the time she gets married? To expect otherwise from any sane, self-respecting person is delusional.

You knew that the two of you could not end up together and took a decision; immature as it was, your intentions were good. Similarly, your ex chose to move on. I don't see either of you making any considerable mistakes here. Both were right in their ways, except for the "you leaving her without a word" part. It is time you move on, and let her live her life in peace. You might feel low for a while, but nothing feels worse than hurting the people you once loved, and compelling your ex to commit to you when she doesn't want to is the same as hurting her. Make the right choices.

Hello, I had a very disturbed childhood. My marriage was also in troubled waters with fights happening twice in a week.Then I came across a girl who was 17 years younger than me. I am a model from a reputed college and was earning much better.That girl became die-hard fan. Once I scolded her in the middle of the road for her advanced steps toward me like touching etc.I was very much attached to my kids. Then she became friendly with my 2-3 year old kids.After 2 years of relationship we became physical. I used to send her Rs 3,000-4000/ month for her expenses in her engineering college.She used to hug me, love me (acted like she did). When my father expired, I was low. She was there during all those dark times.Then she got a job and broke up with me. She came back to me after a year. Instead of kicking her out, I got addicted to her and changed myself to keep her happy.I even went to her native town to assist her during super cyclone risking my own life. I spent 3 days there as a refugee because cyclone had devastated the entire city. There was no food and water. She got me food 2 times a day from her home. After 3 days train services resumed.I spent my best time with her and felt like a 17 year old boy in her company and I lived my life.Seven years later she told me that she will not marry me. In between she insisted to get divorce.I applied for a mutual divorce in family court.Then I told her to break up. She refused saying she did not want to face that pain again.She said if she found someone she will say upfront to me.I agreed and wasted another 3 years with her. I was her CA/bodyguard/driver.One day she told me she finalized someone and I went for sudden breakup.We exchanged few e-mails till my ego got hurt.It’s been 3 years now I have not replied to her mail.She kept sending mails till March last year.During this phase I had pain during breathing, high BP and no sleep for 4-5 days.I consulted doctor and took medication for almost for 6 months.I suffered from broken heart syndrome.I am 45 years old now and have no interest in my life.I am just doing my duty.My ego does not permit to see her FB/TWITTER. It’s been two years since I saw her on social media.It appears like everything is fine but I feel hollow from within.I don’t want her back or her smile. Whenever someone talks about love, I smile from within on his stupidity and try to figure out what benefit the girl is getting from him.My issue is hollowness and hopelessness.

Dear SB,

Whatever you did in the past with the girl, simply gave you a sense of validation at that point in time. Isn’t it clear that she has moved on?

Simply be thankful to her for the way she stepped in when you were in need. What didn’t happen was not meant to happen!

No point being angry with her for moving on in her life. Try and be happy for her and focus on yourself now.

What do you love doing?

Who are your friends that you love spending time with?

When was the last time you took care of your physical health?

Do you know that spending time in Nature heals your broken heart as well?

All these questions, are for you to have a reality check on how much you have focused on the outside and no focus on yourself.

Answer these questions and start to look after yourself with a lot of self-love and care. You will heal and move ahead very meaningfully.

Be well and all the best!

Relationships Expert - Answered on May 30, 2022

Hello Sir or Madam. Please keep me as anonymous only. Let me tell my story. I am 29 now. Work for an MNC for the past six years. From middle class family with big circle. Before going to speak out on my problem, let me tell my nature, how I was brought up, studies and attitude. Since we are middle class family with no financial crisis, I never seen ups and downs in Life accordingly. In the case of studies, I was topper at all levels of education till MBA from reputed institute. I was like love is trash n waste of time. When I used to hear all love stories, I used to feel pity on them. But I did maintain very good relationship with many, many girls (not GF type). But now I am going through the hell just because of one girl whom I was forcibly loved her and later I addicted to her with true love. During COVID I had to go WFH for two years. She visited her granny’s house and stayed back for few weeks. They live in Bangalore. I have never seen her face or noticed her during the time when she stayed. But she noticed, observed and enquired about me. So once she left to Bangalore, she sent FB request and I accepted. Immediately we have exchanged numbers and started texting ‘n’ talking. Initially I rejected her since she is eight years junior to me. Later she emotionally told once as she lost her father very recently and she just don’t want to go into depression again if I reject her. I got convinced and started loving truly. I replaced her father in her life which she used to tell. One day, she got caught by her brother while she was on call with me. Since we belong to different castes, they rejected me. She got house arrested. There was no connection between us. First time in life I fell into depression. I lost my job after just three weeks when she got separated from me. I was unable to speak anyone in the world. My family ‘n’ circle was afraid as I may do harm to myself for her. On December 16, 2021, I tried to commit suicide by writing a letter in laptop to her telling how I was missing her ‘n’ needed her. Took print and left to railway track to die. I took alcohol and was on the track. Someone rescued me and took me to hometown from Bangalore with PAN card address which was in my purse. Every day I was losing hope on my life. Finally I got call from her number in the first week of Jan. I was happy and cried like anything with her on call. She told that she would never leave me alone whatever happens ‘n’ who ever tries to separate us. Again, I took my energy ‘n’ hopes back and started job searching. There was 1 month gap again until Feb 8, 2022. After that she used to call me whenever it is possible. From March 15 to March 31, she kept fighting with me over call and spoken mercilessly. There was no kindness or love or concern on me. Again, I lost hope on my life. She kept asking me to stay away from her. She knew that I cannot initiate contact from my end, since she only should do whenever she able to do. Day by day, I am losing interest on my Life. I left the job. Now I’m alone with her thoughts and words spoken by her. My family n circle knew all this drama what’s going on. They hate me for losing self-respect for a girl. But I have never seen that girl as a girl. I am addicted to alcohol, day ‘n’ night drinking and surviving. I knew she won’t come back if I ruin my life like this by drinking ‘n’ all. But I just can’t control myself over her. The promises which she made me were gone... But still I stand for her, for what I promised. I begged the girl like anything not to leave me alone. I just can’t digest that she won’t be no more for me. N number of the times I used to tell her that You are my first priority over all in my life, like family, siblings, money, career and what not. Most of the times I told her that I’ll commit suicide for you if I come to know that you are not there for me. It doesn’t mean that I am an emotional fool who does not know how to live or unable to get another girl. But you have such significance in my life. I elaborated as much as I can. But she never listened me. I am just wonder where was her sweet words ‘n’ promises, what’s the reality now? I am upset with me -- where was original me and who I am now without self-respect. My parents ‘n’ siblings are forcing me to give up on her. As per them, she is just a golddigger and cheater without love and trust... My mind n heart never ever forgets her. Don’t know the future. But many times I pray God to kill me in sleep itself without pain so I can reach Venkateshwara... Entire world is against that girl, but I am defending her at every passing moment. Human beings invented many amazing things. My wish is we should be available with tablets or injection which can erase memories which belongs to particular person or for particular time in life... The real enemy to the human beings is LOVE.... Finally I am just waiting for my death... I knew that she won’t realise even if I die also. But I should sleep forever and ever just because for the crime I did love her.... Dear Bujji, it’s for you. I am also a human being as like U. As like your mother, even my mother has given birth to me. Finally, no words.... I am alone... Memories are hunting me.... chasing me... Love Guru, please publish this story as it is. Because someone may going through hell with similar story at least they will read the Q&A as well. Love Guru... I hate me... I do have all with me -- good health, 21 LPA job now, stabilised family and friends ‘n’ family circle... But this bloody struggling to get her love amongst the 7 billion people on this Earth... Love Guru, I feel that I lost. I am feeling low... I got cheated by her... Finally I am nothing to her. Dear readers, don’t think that why this fool is suffering for a girl like this.... I have seen her my GODDESS... Thank you... Have a nice day…

You’ve needlessly wound yourself up over a silly girl.

You don’t even sound like you’ve had a physical relationship, it was only long distance, so what are you getting so out of joint for? A few intimate conversations with someone who said one thing but meant another?

If things in your life are spiralling so much out of control, I’d suggest therapy.

Stop drinking before it becomes a real problem. It sounds like you’re doing this to yourself deliberately, so that you receive some attention from her.

But the more you do this, the worse the situation will get. And no woman wants an out-of-control, desperate, alcoholic lover!

For heavens’ sake, man, get a hold of yourself and, if you can’t, then get the professional help you need. 

Relationships Expert - Answered on Jan 13, 2022

Hi Love Guru. Please keep my identity as anonymous as possible.  I have few issues going on in my mind and want your suggestions. First, to get out of block and unblock chain. I met a girl who is my brother’s friend in 2017. We started chatting on FB, then exchanged numbers. We had a rapport till six months. There was a unique attachment between us during that period. Not chatting with her for even one day would make me uneasy. In October 2017, her engagement was fixed. I was normal, knowing that there cannot be much between us except being in contact. One day, at the end of our talk, she said, Love you. I laughed, saying “What nonsense that you always call me with different weird names. Now, after your engagement is fixed, you are telling me this.” Then, she blocked me on WhatsApp and I really felt like I was in a cage. Then, after a few days, she unblocked me. She got engaged but, after a few months, her engagement broke. We then again got in good contact. After few months her marriage got fixed. Now she is married. After her marriage, our contact was very, very less as priorities changed. I proceeded with my studies and job and she carried on with her personal and professional life. Two months back, she called me and said I am bored and feeling irritated with life so I called you to freshen my mind. I was also happy talking to her. I am that kind of introvert person who opens up with few and she was among them. For one or two weeks, we used to talk 30 to 45 minutes daily. Suddenly, she blocked me on WhatsApp. I called her and she behaved like a stranger to me -- like who’s this, I don’t know you, who you are and she ended the call and blocked me. Till date, she has blocked me. I think there are many things she is hiding from me -- from why her first engagement broke to marring another guy who is not of her caste when she is from a conservative family  Post her engagement, there were many times she blocked and unblocked me. She is running in my mind. I want to get rid of her. Please suggest how and what shall I talk to her so I get an end to this. Thank you for bearing to read all this. My second issue is I think I am addicted to pornography. Two to three years back, I used to watch a lot of porn and would prefer MILF porn, ie senior pornstars videos. I think, due to this, I don’t get much attracted to girls of my age. I respect them but I think, because of my addiction, I see females elder to me attractive rather than females of my age. Please help. Suggest how I shall get out of this as this also affects me academically, personally and professionally. Thank you, Anon

Dear Anonymous,

I don’t think you really have any serious problems in your life at all; it’s your perceptions that are all wrong.

Let me straighten this out for you, one issue at a time.

First off, you have one weird, unpredictable friend who once told you she loved you and then went and married someone else.

Not once have you stated that you are in love with her or have feelings for her. In fact, when she said she loved you, you brushed it off.

She contacts you when she’s bored and cuts you off when she’s not.

And now, it’s come to the point where you really need to be the one blocking her and not the other way around...

You want to get rid of her? Block her once and for all. And if she still manages to get in touch, tell her politely that you have had enough of this one-sided friendship and not to contact you again.

Second, about what you think is a porn ‘addiction’... An addiction is something that interferes with your normal life, career and relationships. It’s an obsession that consumes you every waking hour.

And, from what you’ve said, I don’t think you’re watching such volumes of pornography every day, are you?

Furthermore, unless you’re into grannies, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being attracted to women older than you... everyone has a type!

If after everything I’ve said you still fancy you have problems, I’d suggest visiting a therapist. But before spending that kind of money, think long and hard about what I’ve said and decide for yourself whether you think you need it.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Nov 22, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Nov 21, 2023Hindi
Hi Ravi, I am currently in relationship of almost 7 years but after the COVID there was some conflict or no contact with my partner just because of a scenario. I always used to order some food for her at his flat. Let me clear one things we were in a long term relationship that time. So I ordered food and she got the order then called me in the night with a different voice tone, I said yes then It felt odd. Then she said someone is here I will call you back. Then she didn't so I called her after 2 hour she rejected and after sometime messaged me on whatsapp that deleted everything our chats and conversation because she caught by his brother (who is 10 years older than her), she told me to not contact her she will call or message only. I got scared I deleted all chats because her brother is so rude and arrogant. After 10 days she called me and said we are not going further with this relationship now on we will not be in touch, I was devastated by listening these things so I tried my best to make her understand that I will talk to your parents or brother but she denied NO and said I will again talk with bro. After these scenario she tried not to contact me and I kept trying to reach out to her via messanger because she has blocked me from everywhere. I cried alot in first 2 month then I started to link all those things that she said and try to find out the matter ( note - she got lot of friends) so I found that she in her flat then I got the tickets and go there to see what is happening I waited for the whole day then in the evening I go upstairs and open the doors, she got scared h and stunned by seeing me and I saw a guy in the flat they having hookah then I said give me my stuff and ask her to talk for the final tine 10 min downstairs. She said not now then didn't came. I took my stuff nd leave the next day I tried to over come this situation nd reaching out to his bro but didn't get connected. She also called me the next day nd her frnd but I was not able to talk. After we got disconnected for sometime. And I am a person who always wanted to know the truth behind the things because I can't live with these traumas in my mind so I tried contacting her asked lot of time why did you do that nd all but kept denying that he is just a friend. After sometime on day she came with sone massages nd saying my mom is not good nd there is nothing going well in my house plss sorry nd all so I took it normally but after sometime we got attracted again little bit then realise that we can try atleast once to be together. I know she loves me but I don't like her priorities she always put his frnds over me. Idk what to do pls tell me the way to cop up with this thing. Also I still have in mind that she has something to tell me about that boy but not telling me.

I understand how challenging it must be for you; I get that you are considering giving it another shot, but please be careful. If there is any doubt, anything at all, do address that right now before you are knee-deep in the relationship again. I suggest you tell your partner to first sit and clear out everything that happened before you two broke up and explain how you need a clean slate and for that, you have to know the truth.

If you suspect cheating in the past breakup, be cautious about getting back together and thinking it through. Do you want to patch things up because you love her or is the idea of being together again more comfortable than the idea of having to move on? We go back to the same person, even if it's toxic for us because there's comfort in familiarity, not because it's the best choice. It's time for introspection. Also, don't feel guilty about saying no to getting back together if it's not the right decision for you. Whether it was family issues or infidelity, she chose what seemed best for her at the time, and it's okay for you to do the same.

I am 30 years now, starting SIP from 2021 Asix small cap 1000, from 2023,November HDFC flexi cap 1500, Kotak emerging mid - 1000 tata small cap 1000 p. m.. As a long term horizon 15:yrs, is it possible to create great wealth, except Stocks...
Ans: Evaluating Your Current Investment Strategy
You are 30 years old and have been investing in SIPs since 2021. Your current SIPs are:

Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from 2021
Flexi Cap Fund: Rs. 1,500 from November 2023
Mid Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
Another Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
You have a long-term investment horizon of 15 years.

Potential for Wealth Creation
Investing in mutual funds over a long term can potentially create great wealth.

Compounding Effect: Over 15 years, compounding can significantly grow your investments.

Market Ups and Downs: Long-term investments help you ride out market volatility.

Analyzing Your Investment Choices
Your portfolio focuses on small cap and mid cap funds. These funds are high-risk but offer high returns.

High Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds can outperform large caps in the long term.

Risk Diversification: Including a flexi cap fund helps diversify your investments.

Recommendations for a Balanced Portfolio
To maximize wealth and manage risk, consider further diversification.

Large Cap Funds: Provide stability and steady returns.

Debt Funds: Lower risk and provide regular income, balancing out high-risk investments.

Suggested Monthly SIP Allocation
To balance risk and growth, consider this allocation:

Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Flexi Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,500
Mid Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Another Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Large Cap Fund: Add Rs. 1,500
Debt Fund: Add Rs. 1,000
Benefits of This Diversified Approach
Risk Management: Reduces overall risk by balancing high-risk and low-risk funds.

Stable Returns: Large cap and debt funds provide stability, especially during market downturns.

Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds offer high growth potential over the long term.

Monitoring and Reviewing Your Portfolio
Regularly monitor and review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your financial goals.

Periodic Review: Assess fund performance and make necessary adjustments.

Consult a CFP: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner for personalized investment strategies.

Additional Considerations
Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund to cover at least 6 months of expenses.

Insurance Coverage: Ensure you have adequate health and life insurance.

Your current SIP strategy is promising for long-term wealth creation. By diversifying further into large cap and debt funds, you can manage risk and ensure steady growth. Regularly review your portfolio and consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

I am working in a foreign bank 10 years exp with salary of 40k.have two kids.i pay monthly emi for car,rest for savings and expenses.pls suggest how to do investment.0 idea on investment.plz help
Ans: You have a stable salary of Rs 40,000 per month. Here's a quick summary:

Salary: Rs 40,000
EMI: Monthly car loan EMI
Expenses: For family and kids
Savings: Whatever is left after expenses and EMI
You are looking to invest wisely. Let's break it down into simple steps.

Setting Clear Financial Goals

First, create an emergency fund.
This should cover 6 months of expenses.
Keep this in a savings account or liquid fund.
Children’s Education:

Start a systematic investment plan (SIP) for each child.
This will help build a corpus for their education.
Retirement Planning:

Aim to save for your retirement.
Start investing in diversified equity mutual funds.
Systematic Investment Plans (SIP):

Start SIPs in actively managed mutual funds.
Avoid index funds due to their passive nature.
Actively managed funds can offer better returns with professional management.
Diversification:

Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This will spread risk and improve returns.
Debt Funds:

Allocate some money to debt funds for stability.
They are less volatile and provide steady returns.
Life Insurance:

Ensure you have adequate life insurance.
This protects your family in case of any unforeseen events.
Specific Recommendations
Start with SIPs:

Allocate Rs 5,000 each in large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This ensures diversification and growth.

Set aside Rs 5,000 monthly in a liquid fund.
This builds your emergency fund gradually.
Children’s Education Fund:

Invest Rs 5,000 each in child-specific funds.
This secures their future education needs.
Avoid Direct Funds:

Direct funds lack professional guidance.
Regular funds through an MFD with CFP credential provide better management.
Regular Review and Adjustment
Annual Review:

Review your investments annually.
Adjust based on performance and goals.
Rebalance Portfolio:

Rebalance to maintain desired asset allocation.
This helps manage risk and returns.
Additional Tips
Avoid High-Risk Investments:

Stick to mutual funds and avoid real estate or annuities.
These are more stable and manageable.
Stay Informed:

Read about personal finance and investment strategies.
This helps make informed decisions.
You have a solid start with your savings. By following these steps, you can secure your financial future and achieve your goals. Stay disciplined and regularly review your investments.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |83 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 24, 2024

Hi, I'm a PCMB student,I got 84023 rank in kcet in engineering section and 49655 in b pharma, 45205 in bsc agriculture, I'm confused whether to take engineering, which are the good colleges for my rank, I'm considering east point college near avalahalli, Hoskote is it good choice for me, or should I choose BCA over engineering in the same college. I'm totally confused
Ans: With a KCET rank of 84023, you might find it challenging to get into the top-tier engineering colleges. However, there are still good options available.

Choosing between BCA and Engineering depends on your interests and career goals:
Engineering: If you have a strong interest in technical subjects and enjoy problem-solving, engineering could be a good fit. It offers diverse career opportunities in various fields like mechanical, electrical, civil, and computer science.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications): If you’re more inclined towards computer science and software development, BCA might be a better choice. It focuses on programming, software development, and IT management, leading to careers in software engineering, IT consulting, and more.

Given your ranks in B.Pharm (49655) and B.Sc Agriculture (45205), you might have better opportunities in these fields compared to engineering. Both fields have promising career prospects:
B.Pharm: Careers in pharmaceuticals, research, and healthcare.
B.Sc Agriculture: Opportunities in agribusiness, research, and government sectors.

Reflect on what subjects and career paths excite you the most, if possible, visit the colleges you’re considering to get a better understanding of their environment and facilities. Reach out to alumni or current students to get insights into the college and its programs.

I am a govt employee. My in hand salary is 35k after deduction of EMI. I have a loan of Rs 10 lac which I am planning to repay in next 4-5 years. My savings are : 5k in provident fund, 5k in life insurance, 3k in mutual funds. Apart from this I have invested Rs 10 lac in equity. I want to retire by 2030. My goal is to reach the mark of Rs 1 Cr. Please guide how can I achieve it?
Ans: Current Financial Situation
You have a good start with savings and investments. Here’s a summary:

In-Hand Salary: Rs 35,000 (after EMI deduction)
Loan: Rs 10 lakh (to be repaid in 4-5 years)
Savings:
Provident Fund: Rs 5,000 per month
Life Insurance: Rs 5,000 per month
Mutual Funds: Rs 3,000 per month
Equity Investment: Rs 10 lakh
Retirement Goal: Rs 1 crore by 2030
Loan Repayment Plan
Repay Loan Strategically:

Prioritise loan repayment to reduce interest burden.
Allocate a fixed amount monthly towards EMI.
Ensure it doesn’t affect essential expenses and savings.
Increase EMI if Possible:

Increase your EMI payment when you get increments.
This will help you repay the loan faster and save on interest.
Savings and Investment Plan
Provident Fund:

Continue contributing Rs 5,000 per month.
It’s a secure investment with stable returns.
Life Insurance:

Ensure your life insurance covers your family’s needs.
It’s essential for financial security.
Mutual Funds:

Increase your SIPs in mutual funds to Rs 5,000 per month.
Focus on actively managed funds for better returns.
Avoid direct funds as they lack professional guidance.
Equity Investments:

Continue your equity investments.
Diversify your portfolio to include large, mid, and small-cap funds.
Avoid index funds as they are passively managed.
Actively managed funds can potentially offer higher returns.
Additional Investment Options
Balanced Advantage Funds:

Invest in balanced advantage funds.
These funds provide a mix of equity and debt.
They offer stability and growth.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Start new SIPs in actively managed funds.
Allocate Rs 2,000 each to large, mid, and small-cap funds.
Multi-Asset Funds:

Consider investing in multi-asset funds.
These funds diversify across equity, debt, and other assets.
They help in risk management.
Annual Review:

Review your portfolio annually.
Ensure it aligns with your financial goals.
Rebalance Portfolio:

Rebalance your portfolio based on market conditions.
Shift investments to maintain desired asset allocation.
Achieving Retirement Goal of Rs 1 Crore
Target Returns:

Aim for a mix of stable and high-return investments.
Focus on long-term growth.
Increase SIPs Gradually:

Increase your SIP contributions as your income grows.
This helps in accumulating a larger corpus.

Maintain an emergency fund for unexpected expenses.
This ensures your investments remain untouched.
You have a solid financial foundation. Focus on repaying your loan efficiently and increasing your SIPs in actively managed funds. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to stay on track. By following this strategy, you can achieve your retirement goal of Rs 1 crore by 2030.

I am 50yrs recently started investing in mutual funds I.invested 1k in icici prudential opportunities fnd 2.5K in icici equtity n devt fun 10000 in sbi contra sip Now next pls advise For sip to be started or advise find Hdfc midcap opportunities or sbi advantage or kotak opportunities fund ls advice
Ans: Your current investments are a great start. They show your initiative to grow your wealth. Here’s what you have invested in so far:

ICICI Prudential Opportunities Fund: Rs 1,000
ICICI Equity and Development Fund: Rs 2,500
SBI Contra SIP: Rs 10,000
Analysis of Current Investments
Diverse Fund Choices:

You have chosen a mix of funds.
This helps in diversifying your portfolio.
Equity Focus:

All your current investments are equity-focused.
This is good for long-term growth.
Recommendations for New SIP Investments
Balanced Approach
For a balanced portfolio, consider adding different types of funds. Diversification reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Mid Cap Funds:

HDFC Midcap Opportunities:
Invests in mid-sized companies.
Potential for higher returns.
Suitable for moderate risk appetite.
Balanced Advantage Funds:

SBI Balanced Advantage:
Balances between equity and debt.
Provides stability and growth.
Suitable for conservative investors.
Opportunities Funds:

Kotak Opportunities Fund:
Focuses on market opportunities.
Actively managed for better returns.
Suitable for aggressive investors.
Diversify Across Fund Types:

Invest in a mix of large cap, mid cap, and balanced funds.
This balances risk and return.
Avoid Direct Funds:

Regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner provide better support.
Actively Managed Funds:

Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market.
Suggested SIP Allocation
Based on your goals and risk appetite, here’s a suggested SIP allocation:

Large Cap Fund:

Allocate Rs 3,000 per month.
Provides stability with steady growth.
Mid Cap Fund:

Allocate Rs 3,000 per month.
Offers higher growth potential.
Balanced Advantage Fund:

Allocate Rs 4,000 per month.
Balances between growth and stability.
Professional Management:

Regular funds are managed by experts.
They can make informed decisions to maximize returns.
Support and Guidance:

Investing through a CFP provides continuous support.
They help in aligning investments with your goals.
Starting to invest at 50 shows your commitment to financial growth. Focus on diversifying your portfolio with a mix of large cap, mid cap, and balanced funds. Avoid index and direct funds. Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner for better investment choices. This approach will help you achieve your financial goals efficiently.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |83 Answers  |Ask -

Respected Anu ji This is quite an unusual query and I request your patience and understanding through this lengthy text I am a native of Tamilnadu and my maternal relatives are mostly of the business class It may not seem odd, but one may have heard of mind reading (and controlling) like in some celebrated spiritual centres, something similar is happening with me, I am subjected to this by my maternal relatives - they identify themselves as Yadavas, some have Serious God complexes and schizophrenia - trust me they have abilities like crystal ball gazing/ future telling, mind mapping and Niyog (one may have heard of Vyasa of Mahabharat times doing this to his step sister-in- laws to beget children!) many other neuro related traits - some cases you may have handled Though I am relatively open minded, but I frankly do not subscribe to the concept of Niyog They have also hurt me emotionally and physically right from childhood - I don't have any proof of it I just want to sever all connections with them and live my life peacefully - I even did a vasectomy to avoid any altercation with them But the problem in India is that here we cannot avoid our relatives - more so till my mom is there - I am Not a momma's boy, but my mother of 73 years has multiple comorbidities including heart fail and asthma - it is my duty as a son and a human being to help her.. Please advise how I could avoid my relatives and yet take care of my mom and lead my life peacefully
I am quite unaware of what you mention; but being a firm believer in Mind Sciences, I do believe that taking control of someone's mind can happen only when that someone meekly submits to the other person in a weak space OR when that someone actually believes some blindly.
You can see this happen with so many so-called spiritual heads who have so many blind followers and anything said by them will be unquestioningly followed by people. That is also called mind control.
You can stay away from people that you don't particularly fancy without severing ties also. Distances make that happen anyway, so does our busy lives...There is no need to make a big announcement about severing ties...staying away will do the trick in itself...

What I also still don't know is the purpose of your question as I don't actually see a question for me! Whatever I have been able to gather, I can only suggest: Do what you think and feel is right for you without actually fearing anyone and anything.