LK Question by LK on May 05, 2022Hindi

I have been married for more than 4 years now. But till date my husband never speaks over the phone in front of me. He always goes out of the house or moves farther away when we are out some shopping or anything like that.
He has two mobiles and never shares his mobile unlock pin or pattern. Whenever he goes out to talk over phone, I feel stressed. He doesn't even talk to his parents or sister in front of me or when I'm near or around him.
Whenever I try to talk to him about this issue, he yells at me asking why is it a problem for me if he talks over the phone?
It always ends up in an argument or fight.

How do I handle this issue? Please suggest.
Thanks and regards

Dear LK,
Some people are absolutely finicky when it comes to their privacy.

They love protecting and guarding their space and allow no one into it.

I am sure this causes you to think that there might be more to it and that’s why it has begun to bother you.

If you have been complaining about this, he mostly likely will retract and become defensive and not even offer an explanation to it.

Instead have you tried, being softer, yet assertive in a way that you make him realise that it bothers you. Also, an assurance that you are not out to stalk him or spy on his movements but give him that space where he can be free around you.

It might take time for him to release the old behaviour and form a new one, and you can simply support that change by reiterating that you are part of his journey and that it is okay for him to take a call with you and that you will not judge him for anything.

If he still doesn’t want to, I think you might consider respecting his privacy unless there is reason for you not to.

I have been married for 9 years now with 3 kids. But my husband negates everything I say to him thinking I want to hurt him. When he says something and I try to see it the other way, he sees it as confrontational and also flares up during the conversation. He does not allow me to talk saying he already knows what is in mind. He complaints about everything in the house. In terms of sex, he does not want to know if I am tired or sick.Even though we usually make love at least two times in a week, he talks as if he is denied of his rights. He says any time he wants, he must have it. The main issue now is I’ve noticed he has locked his phone. I know he has a date with someone because he told me he has a concert to attend and won't be coming home that night. When I asked if I could go with him, he said No. Now that I have also locked my phone, he's accusing me of infidelity.

Dear RT,

He’s playing the cool guy who wants it all and when doesn’t get it wants to act all hurt and instead of taking responsibility of his emotions finds it convenient to blame you and make you feel guilty for not fulfilling his emotional and physical needs.

How do you solve something like this? Kindly ask him to speak to someone who can make him see sense else all you will do is clean up the mess caused by his baseless emotions.

This will be the constant pattern until he realises that his self-esteem and self-worth are not something that others can create for him.

If he refuses external help, do ask a person close to him to drive some sense into his thoughts where he sees an alternate perspective.

To keep your sanity intact, dissociate from his emotions and start behaving like they don’t impact you; over time you will realise that he is just trying to be a child asking for your attention in an inappropriate way.

Take time our for yourself to indulge in a lot of self-care and self-love that will go a long way in managing your emotions and self-worth as well.

Depending on him for your sanity at this point in time is like hitting your head against the wall.

So, be right to yourself from this moment on and make sure that you spend a lot of time nurturing the children as much as you nurture yourself.

Hello... I have been in a relationship since 10 years, not yet married.My boyfriend is okay in all ways. But there is something that's bothering me a lot. Whenever he is with his friends or family I just get angry and scold him whatever I like. I don't like if he talks very close to his friends (male friends) or family. He is trying his best to keep me happy, but I'm feeling insecure when he is with his friends and family.To be honest even if he gives more importance and value to his family that makes me feel more angry.I'm unable take this anymore.After fights even I think why did I did like this, what's wrong with me?I question myself after a fight. I even think that I won't be doing this next time because even friends and family are important but it's doesn't work and he is fed up with me.Whenever he is with friends or his family, I create something that's not true.End of the day I'm crying, I'm loosing my happiness.Waiting for an answer

Dear PS,

What are you worried about? That by spending time away from you or not involving you when he is in a social setting, he might forget you or move away from you?

After 10 years, why do you feel the need to cling on to him in insecurity and anxiety?

Time to give yourself some love and attention?

Become your best friend and pamper yourself with a lot of care instead of constantly expecting it from your relationship?

The more you become safe and secure with yourself, the less you will cling onto your partner.

Clinging on and ‘owning’ another person will only make them move away from you as no one likes to be controlled and dictated to.

Instead, why don’t you ask him about his day and who he met up with and genuinely try and integrate into his life?

In this way, he will want to engage more with you and invite you when he is with his friends and family?

When you watch him interact with others, instead of feeling insecure and jealous, can you think of appreciating what he has brought into your life and why the two of you have been together for 10 years?

Also, involve him into your life and life’s journey.

Playing the victim involves a lot of drama, but playing a liberated person involves no effort.

So love yourself and love your partner for who he is.

The change in your relationship and your state of mind will be almost magical.

Enjoy the moment and be happy!

Anu Mam, in your video you mentioned about healthy communication. I have tried many times to initiate communication with my husband but he is very biased. He shuts me down immediately in front of his parents and friends. It’s very embarrassing when he does that in front of people we know. He likes to dominate and make fun of me which everyone else seems to enjoy but I don’t. If I tell him that he feels I am being a spoilsport. He says I have put on weight and look fat after marriage and I don’t have a job that’s why I am getting all these negative thoughts. My mother in law also never supports me. She doesn’t tell if her son does something wrong. If I make one mistake she will blow it out of proportion and discuss in front of everyone. That becomes another topic for argument. All this is making me very annoyed and affecting our marriage now. We don’t have a child yet but we are already fighting every day. Please help. I just want to start a happy relationship. But I don’t know how to do it.
Ans: Dear SK, commenting on your body image honestly is no one’s business and by no one I also mean your husband.

He absolutely has no right to body shame you and make it a topic of jest.

The nest time, he calls you a spoilsport, please feel free to comment on his looks, his accent, his performance behind close doors and watch what his reaction is.

Sadly, his male ego will be hurt; at least it will give him an idea as to what he has been you through.

Communication as I mention must be firm and assertive; it must convey exactly what you want rather than what you don’t want.

And as far as it goes for you in-laws, ignore their childish behaviour towards you…honestly you cannot control anyone’s thoughts or actions and they are free to do as they please. But what gives them fuel is that you are provoked and hurt.

Is it possible to be unaffected by what people say of you and about you?

Yes, when you own your body image and are unapologetic about it!

Your body, your way…as simple as that and anyone has a problem with that, then it’s their problem!

Be at a lot of peace and act wisely!

Relationships Expert - Answered on Aug 25, 2022

Hello love guru. I wanted to know if I am wrong or right. As my husband has blocked me from phone by all means and do not even talk to me, so what should I do? I am working far from my Father in laws home where he stays with his brother (divorcee). He is not working and I am working and taking care of two daughters. Whenever he comes here, he fight a lot saying insane and sarcastic words to me. Since two and half months he stayed with us and left us (though he sometimes talk to my daughters only). I feel alone and nobody is there to support me or even talk to me for my emotional support. Now somebody has started talking to me and even I started, I really do not know what to do. Kindly guide. I told this to my husband also and he says whatever you wish you do.. I do not know why he says like this..He did not even tried to search a job where I am working, but when he went to inlaws there he started searching interestingly. If we do not talk then how  our relation will continue being husband. Also I found many times that he keep on searching call girls from his mobile phone search history and even his friends at inlaws told me that they saw girl accompanying him..but even I want to forget all these things as I found my daughters feel happy to talk to him..but what about my emotions and my physical needs..who will take care of if this keep on continued...as after marriage I found no happy-happy situations for me atleast..he says he lost all his jobs because of me..But all baseless objections...and blames me, harms me by beating also some times..I some times cry alone... but  this is not the life I expected after working so hard...I also used to pay him all money whatever he and whenever he demnaded.. I paid more than 10 lakhs of savings to him till date and did not even ever counted..he also stolen all gold from home without even asking me..I want to forgive him for all but when he is not interested in talking to me and just ignores me then how and why I should continue with him..just because he is my husband..or should I remarry to someone who is really willing to marry me...knowing all these things..or should I dont? As a mother of two daughters I sometimes think..that my only responsibility is to upbring my daughters...but then I also needs someone's emotional support...though economically independent..I also said to him to give me alimony as he does not pay anything to me and also file for divorce...as even I have a right to live happily...kab tak aise hi aansu bahau uske liye jisne mujhe block hi kar rakha hai from phone? I am confused please help me out!!
Ans: You have a husband who is an unemployed, good-for-nothing bum, who doesn't show you respect, steals from you, lives apart from you, likes to associate with call girls, blames you for his failures, beats you and doesn't care if you have an affair. He ‘talks to your daughters sometimes’. Honey, you need to be emailing a divorce lawyer, not this column. And do it immediately. Yes, you're more than just a mother and you do deserve emotional support. You should cut him loose immediately.   

Hi, I am 36 years old. Single so far. In search of life partner. I am currently doing ?1.5L SIP monthly. Majority funds are midcap and flexicap. I also started ?5K monthly gold fund. Started gold fund from two months. Current savings are ?50L cash, ?45L mutual funds, ?22.5L PF, ?5L NPS & ?16L PPF. I want to reach the goal of ?5CR networth soon and feel relaxed and retire soon. I started the journey late. However, I am done with a property buying in Mumbai and loan free now. Please suggest me steps to reach the goal
Ans: That's a fantastic plan! You've made smart choices with your SIPs, debt investments, and being property-free. Here are some steps to consider reaching your Rs. 5 crore goal:

Strong Foundation:

Regular Savings: Your Rs. 1.5 lakh monthly SIP is a great start.

Diversified Portfolio: Having a mix of mid-cap, flexi-cap, and gold funds provides diversification. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Investments: Your PF, NPS, and PPF contributions provide stability and guaranteed returns.

Reaching for Rs. 5 Crore:

Time Horizon: While you started investing later, you still have a good 20-25 years for your investments to grow.

Potential for Increase: Consider increasing your SIP amount if your income allows.

Review Asset Allocation: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance and suggest if your asset allocation (mix of investments) is optimal for your Rs. 5 crore goal.

Focus on Equity: Equity funds have the potential for higher returns compared to debt, but also come with higher risk. A CFP can help you determine the right equity allocation for your goals.

Remember:

Long-Term Commitment: Building a Rs. 5 crore corpus requires a long-term investment horizon (ideally 15+ years).

Market Volatility: Equity markets can be volatile in the short term. Stay invested for the long term to ride out market fluctuations.

Professional Guidance: A CFP can create a personalized plan considering your risk tolerance, goals, and timeline.

You've made a great start! By consulting a CFP and potentially increasing your SIP or adjusting your asset allocation, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 5 crore goal!

Hi I am a 65 year old house wife looking for investment options to take care of myself. Income sources : Son gives 10000 and husband gives 3000 per month. I have an existing FD of 2 lakh rupees. Where all I can invest and I don't have a health insurance, any suggestions to plan my investment as well as health policy
Ans: It's wonderful that you're thinking about your financial security. Here are some ideas to consider:

Understanding Your Income:

Combined Income: You have a combined monthly income of Rs. 13,000 (Rs. 10,000 from son + Rs. 3,000 from husband).

Financial Goals: Consider your financial goals. Are you looking for regular income, to grow your savings, or both?

Investment Options:

FD Reinvestment: Consider reinvesting your existing FD or its interest to earn compound interest.

Debt Funds: Debt funds offer stability and regular income, potentially suitable for your situation.

Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government scheme offers attractive interest rates for senior citizens.

Importance of Health Insurance:

Medical Expenses: Medical emergencies can be expensive. Health insurance can help manage these costs.

Senior Citizen Plans: Many insurance companies offer health insurance plans specifically designed for senior citizens.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your needs, risk tolerance, and suggest suitable investment options and health insurance plans.
Here's a simplified example (not a recommendation):

Invest Rs. 50,000 in Debt Funds (SIP): Start a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in debt funds for regular income.

Invest Remaining in SCSS: Invest the remaining amount in SCSS for a good interest rate and safety.

Get a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan: Choose a health insurance plan that covers your needs and budget.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your investments and health insurance plan (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your needs.

Start Investing Early: Even a small amount invested regularly can grow significantly over time.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses for unexpected situations.

By taking charge of your finances and getting proper health coverage, you can secure a brighter future for yourself!

Sir I am 37 and have wife and a son of age 7 years. I am not yet invested in markets and a corpus of around 30 lacs is invested in various FDs .However I would like to make a lump sum investment of around 23 lakhs in markets through various instruments out of these FDs as I understand these are not optimal enough and additionally start some SIPs. I am an executive in a PSU for last 14 years and wish take aim at two goals: a)Gathering a sufficient corpus for my son's education at the end of eleven years from now and b) Having a decent amount to retire with at an age of sixty .My in hand salary is around 1.25 lacs/month .Kindly suggest a plan as to diversification of these monetary assets for these goals.
Ans: Building Wealth for Your Family's Future: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on taking charge of your family's financial future! Moving Rs. 23 lakh from FDs to markets for your son's education and retirement is a wise decision. Here's a roadmap to consider:

Financial Goals:

Child's Education (11 Years): You need a corpus in 11 years for your son's education.

Retirement (23 Years): You aim to retire comfortably at 60 (23 years from now).

Investment Strategy:

Diversification is Key: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your Rs. 23 lakh investment across different asset classes to manage risk.

Consider a CFP: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, income, and create a personalized plan.

Potential Asset Allocation:

Equity Funds (SIPs & Lump Sum): Invest a portion in diversified equity mutual funds (SIPs and lump sum) for potentially higher growth over the long term. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Funds (SIPs): Invest another portion in debt funds (SIPs) for stability and regular income. This could help meet your son's education needs closer to the time.

Gold (Small Portion): Consider a small allocation to gold for portfolio diversification.

Benefits of SIPs:

Rupee-Cost Averaging: SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging, potentially reducing the impact of market volatility.

Equity Funds (60%): Invest 60% in a mix of Large-Cap and Multi-Cap equity funds (SIPs and lump sum).

Debt Funds (30%): Invest 30% in debt funds (SIPs) with a maturity horizon aligned with your son's education goal.

Gold (10%): Invest 10% in gold ETFs or Gold Savings Funds.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your evolving goals.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses in easily accessible savings.

Long-Term View: Focus on the long term for your goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

By consulting a CFP and implementing a diversified investment strategy, you can increase your chances of achieving your financial goals for your son's education and a comfortable retirement!

I am 55 years of age and have 10 lakh in equity 2lakh in nifty and mf and 2 crore in pf. I want 2lakh post retirement
Ans: Planning for Your Retirement: Reaching Your Rs. 2 Lakh Monthly Goal
That's a fantastic question! Having Rs. 2 crore in your PF puts you in a good position for retirement. Here's how to potentially achieve your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal:

Current Portfolio:

Strong PF Corpus: Your Rs. 2 crore PF corpus is a great foundation for retirement income.

Equity Investments: Your investments in equity and Nifty mutual funds have growth potential but also come with risk.

Estimating Retirement Income:

PF Pension: You can expect a monthly pension from your PF contributions. A CFP can help estimate the amount.

Investment Income: Your equity investments could generate income through dividends or capital appreciation. However, returns cannot be guaranteed.

Reaching the Rs. 2 Lakh Goal:

Bridging the Gap: There might be a gap between your estimated retirement income and your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal.

Planning & Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your situation and suggest strategies to bridge the gap.

Potential Strategies:

Retirement Planning Tools: CFPs can use retirement planning tools to estimate your future income needs and suggest how to reach your Rs. 2 lakh goal.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): A CFP can recommend creating an SWP from your existing investments to generate a regular income stream.

Additional Investments: They might suggest investing a portion of your equity corpus into debt funds for stability and regular income.

Remember:

Investment Horizon: Consider how long you plan to invest before needing the income. A longer horizon allows for potentially higher returns but also comes with higher risk.

Review and Adjust: Your retirement plan needs to be reviewed and adjusted periodically (at least annually) to reflect changes in your life and market conditions.

By consulting a CFP, you can create a personalized retirement plan that increases your chances of achieving your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal!

I get long term benefit of Rs 1.46 lakh and short term benefit of Rs 48000/-.can I over Rs 50000/- in ELSS mutual fund to save long term capital gain tax in long term benefit of profit?
Ans: Looking to save tax on your long-term capital gains is a smart financial decision! Here's how ELSS (Equity Linked Saving Scheme) funds can help:

ELSS and Long-Term Capital Gains:

Tax Exemption: ELSS investments offer tax exemption up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C.

Long-Term Benefit: If you hold your ELSS units for over one year, gains exceeding Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at a concessional rate of 10%.

Your Scenario:

Long-Term Gain: Your Rs. 1.46 lakh long-term gain can potentially be exempt from tax if invested in ELSS before the end of the financial year.
Using ELSS to Offset Gains:

Amount to Invest: While you can invest any amount in ELSS, to offset your entire gain, you'd need to invest an amount that after considering expense ratio (fund fee) leaves you with Rs. 1.46 lakh. A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can help calculate the exact amount.
Important Reminders:

Lock-in Period: ELSS comes with a 3-year lock-in period. You cannot withdraw your money before that.

Market Volatility: Equity markets are volatile. Invest for the long term (5+ years) to ride out market fluctuations.

Benefits of Consulting a CFP:

Investment Strategy: A CFP can assess your risk tolerance and financial goals and suggest a suitable ELSS fund or a combination of funds for your investment.

Portfolio Review: They can review your existing investments and recommend how ELSS can fit within your overall portfolio strategy.

ELSS is a great tax-saving tool, but remember, it's also an equity investment. Consider consulting a CFP to ensure it aligns with your financial goals!

I want 1 crore for corpus. I invest monthly SIP 30000/- . Pls suggest best fund.
Ans: the best fund for you depends on several factors, including:

Investment Horizon: How long do you plan to invest until you need the Rs. 1 crore? A longer timeframe allows for more aggressive investments with higher growth potential but also higher risk.
Risk Tolerance: How comfortable are you with potential losses? Lower risk tolerance suggests a more conservative portfolio with a larger debt allocation.
Financial Goals: Is this Rs. 1 crore for retirement, a child's education, or another goal? Your goals will influence your investment strategy.
Here's what I can recommend:

Consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP): A CFP can consider your unique circumstances and create a personalized investment plan to achieve your Rs. 1 crore goal.

Consider a Diversified Portfolio: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. A diversified portfolio with a mix of asset classes (equity, debt, etc.) can help manage risk. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Start an SIP in Equity Funds: If you have a long investment horizon and a moderate risk tolerance, consider a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in diversified equity mutual funds. SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging.

Here's an example (not a recommendation):

Invest in a Multi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Multi-Cap Fund invests across market capitalizations (large, mid, small).

Invest in a Flexi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Flexi-Cap Fund allows the fund manager more flexibility in choosing companies across market capitalizations.

Invest in a Debt Fund (SIP): A Debt Fund provides stability and regular income.

Remember:

There's no guaranteed path to Rs. 1 crore. Investment markets are volatile, and returns cannot be guaranteed.

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains on track.

By consulting a CFP and building a diversified portfolio, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 1 crore goal!

I am 61 years retired person, majority of retirement funds invested in FDs and have MF investment in few funds. Iam getting pension required for maintenance as of now. Parakh Parikh Flexi Fund (Balance Rs.3 lakh with monthly SIP of Rs 2500/-, other than this, I have SBIMF Small Cap Rs.5 lakh, SBI Bluechip 3.50 lakh, Sundaram Midcap 2 lakh, Nipon India Largecap Rs. 2 lakh, ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh, Bandhan Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh. Contrubuting Rs. 50,000/- pa in NPS for tax purpose. Please guide
Ans: That's a great question, sir! You've made smart choices by investing in FDs for safety and some MFs for growth. Here's a breakdown of your portfolio and some suggestions:

Current Portfolio Mix:

Large Focus: A significant portion is in large-cap funds (SBI Bluechip, Nippon India Largecap) offering stability but potentially lower growth.

Small & Mid-Cap Exposure: You have exposure to small-cap (SBI Small Cap) and mid-cap funds (Sundaram Midcap) which can offer higher growth potential but also come with higher risk.

Infrastructure Focus: Investments in ICICI Prudential Infrastructure and Bandhan Infrastructure provide exposure to a specific sector.

Flexi-Cap Fund: Parag Parikh Flexi Cap offers diversification across market capitalizations.

Potential for Improvement:

Review Asset Allocation: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to assess your risk tolerance and adjust your asset allocation (mix of investments) if needed. They can help ensure a balance between stability (debt) and growth (equity).

Sector Concentration: Consider reducing your exposure to the infrastructure sector if a large part of your portfolio is already there. Diversification helps manage risk.

Review Fund Performance: Review the performance of your existing funds. A CFP can help analyze their performance and suggest replacements if necessary.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: A CFP can create a personalized investment plan considering your retirement goals, risk tolerance, and existing investments.

Ongoing Monitoring: They can monitor your portfolio and recommend adjustments as your needs evolve.

Your NPS contribution is commendable! It provides tax benefits and some retirement income.

Remember:

Risk Tolerance: As a retiree, your risk tolerance might be lower. A CFP can help adjust your portfolio accordingly.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with a CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your goals.

By consulting a CFP, you can potentially optimize your portfolio for stability, growth, and income needs during your retirement!

Quant value fund or quant infrastructure fund advisable to invest war time
Ans: Wartime can be a challenging time for investors. Here's a breakdown of Quant Value Fund and Quant Infrastructure Fund to help you decide which might be more suitable:

Understanding the Options:

Quant Value Fund: This fund focuses on undervalued stocks, aiming to buy them at a discount and potentially benefit when their prices rise.

Quant Infrastructure Fund: This fund invests in companies related to infrastructure development (roads, bridges, etc.). Infrastructure projects might be less affected by war compared to other sectors.

Wartime Considerations:

Market Volatility: Stock markets can be very volatile during wartime. Both Quant Value and Quant Infrastructure Funds could experience price fluctuations.

Economic Uncertainty: Wars can create economic uncertainty, impacting both stock and infrastructure sectors.

Potential Advantages of Quant Value Fund:

Long-Term Growth: Value investing focuses on long-term potential. If the war resolves and the economy recovers, undervalued stocks could see significant growth.
Potential Advantages of Quant Infrastructure Fund:

Defensive Investment: Infrastructure projects are often considered essential and might be less impacted by short-term disruptions.
Important Note:

No Guarantee of Performance: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Both funds could experience losses during wartime.

Seek Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is highly recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and existing portfolio to suggest the most suitable option during wartime.
Additional Considerations:

Diversification: Consider diversifying your investments beyond just Quant funds. This can help mitigate risk during volatile times.

Long-Term Focus: Maintain a long-term perspective. While wartime can create short-term challenges, markets tend to recover over time.

Remember:

Wartime is unpredictable. Investing during such periods comes with inherent risks.

Professional guidance is valuable. A CFP can help you navigate these uncertainties and create a sound investment strategy.

By seeking professional advice and potentially diversifying your portfolio, you can potentially make informed investment decisions during this challenging time!

I have invested rs 5 lac in axis tax saver direct growth on 10th april.is it a good fund and can i tansfer to direct IDCW plan.
Ans: That's a great question! Investing Rs. 5 lakh in Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth on April 10th shows initiative. Here's a breakdown of your current fund and the pros and cons of Direct vs. Regular Mutual Fund investment plans:

Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth:

Reputable Fund House: Axis Mutual Fund is a well-established fund house.

Tax Benefits: ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) funds offer tax deductions under Section 80C.

Direct Plan: You've chosen a Direct Plan, which has a lower expense ratio (fee) compared to a Regular Plan. However, there are some trade-offs to consider:

Disadvantages of Direct Plans:

No Advisor Guidance: Direct plans don't involve a distributor or advisor. You'll need to do your own research and choose funds.

Limited Support: There might be limited hand-holding or investment guidance compared to a Regular Plan.

Portfolio Management: The responsibility of monitoring your portfolio and making adjustments falls on you.

Benefits of Regular Plans (through a Mutual Fund Distributor - MFD):

Personalized Advice: An MFD can assess your risk tolerance and goals, recommending suitable funds.

Ongoing Support: They can provide ongoing support, answer your questions, and help navigate market fluctuations.

Convenience: They handle paperwork, account opening, and transactions, saving you time.

MFD with CFP Qualification:

Expert Guidance: Consider an MFD with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification. They have advanced financial planning knowledge and can create a personalized investment plan for you.
Considering Transfer to IDCW Plan:

Exit Load: Check if Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth has an exit load (fee for exiting within a specific period).

Similar Investment Style? Ensure the IDCW plan has a similar investment style and tax benefits as your current fund.

Review Both Funds: Research both Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth and the IDCW plan to compare their performance and investment strategies.

Remember:

Long-Term View: Focus on your long-term investment goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

Diversification Matters: Consider if this ELSS fund fits with your overall asset allocation (mix of investments).

By potentially consulting an MFD-CFP, you can gain valuable guidance and build a portfolio aligned with your goals, even if you decide to stick with your Direct Plan!

I am 32 and wants to initiate SIP amounting INR 15000-20000 per month . Can you guide me how to initiate this , it will be for long term min. next 10-15 year . My goal is to have decent savings and funds for my just born baby future
Ans: Starting SIPs for You & Your Little One: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on becoming a parent and thinking about your future! Starting a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) of Rs. 15,000-20,000 per month is a fantastic decision for your long-term goals (10-15 years). Here's how to get started and some tips:

Choosing a Platform:

Multiple Options: You can invest in SIPs through various platforms:
Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a CFP: Get personalized advice and invest through their platform.
Online Investment Platforms: Invest directly on user-friendly platforms.
Benefits of Each Platform:

MFD-CFP: They assess your risk tolerance, goals, and recommend suitable funds. They can also help choose an online platform.
Online Platforms: Convenient and offer a variety of investment options.
Initiating Your SIP:

Simple Process: Once you choose a platform and funds, setting up an SIP is straightforward.

Automated Investment: SIPs automatically deduct a fixed amount from your bank account every month, ensuring disciplined investing.

Investing for Your Child:

Separate SIP: Consider a separate SIP for your child's future goals (education, etc.). A CFP can help choose child-specific plans.
Remember:

Start Early: The power of compounding can significantly grow your investments over time. 10-15 years is a great investment horizon.

Diversification is Key: Invest in a mix of equity and debt funds to balance growth potential with stability. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Review Regularly: Review your SIPs (at least annually) with your MFD-CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your evolving goals.

Congrats on taking charge of your finances! SIPs are a powerful tool to build wealth for you and your child's future.