A Question by A on Sep 20, 2021Hindi

Dear Anu It's been 3 years since I had my break up with my girlfriend.

We parted our ways on good terms but till date I miss her. Every time I feel like I should text her or call her but I don't I just divert myself.

From past three weeks this thing is increasing I don't know what to do should I contact her or not.

And I can't discuss this thing with anyone I never told my friends about this relationship and I don't want to.

Please help me out ma'am tell me what should I do .

Ans: Dear Anonymous, you can do one of two things. Either call her/text her and know what she feels about your relationship and whether she considers it as one.

If she does, see how both of you can rebuild it.

If she has moved on, then it’s obvious to move on as well. Easier said than done, I know.

But if you weigh what you lose by being in a zone of misery and anxiety versus what you can do and be when you move on, I guess it’s obvious what you must choose for yourself.

Start with initially distracting yourself from the phone into things that matter.

Do simple things; any repair in the house that you have put off or any course that you have been procrastinating about.

This is the time to start deeply focusing into something that will give you a sense of achievement that will enable you to have a better feeling from within.

Slowly, start to increase the level of difficulty of these tasks and soon, though you might still remember her, it will not be through pain or anguish but more a good memory.

Start now and always make sure you are surrounded by friends who pull you when you feel that ‘down’ moment.

Do remember, there was a reason why the two of you parted.

Honour and respect that reason and move on if that’s what is necessary for your peace of mind.

My best wishes to you!

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on May 12, 2023

I was in a relationship for 3 months but the girl never reciprocated in the same way as i did.There was no initiative from her side but when I used to ask her why is this happening only i m trying to build but you aren't, she used to say that i was unable to see anything she is doing for me.To be very honest and being impartial if i was at level 10 she was at 1.One day on this very topic some arguments happened and she walked away.After that no message no call and she used to tell me that she loved me but she never ever tried to reach out to me.Now its been one month.I literally am feeling really gloomy.Now she is putting status and showing that to me that i was not ready to build with her i uttered wrong words to her.But honestly i am telling you that I loved her very much and tried all the ways to build with her but she never reciprocated.I still miss her a lot but she seems to moved on so easily that's hurting me too much simultaneously she is putting these statuses too What to do?
Ans: Dear Sid,

If you, even for one moment, felt that you have been putting more work into the relationship than your partner, there must have been reason to believe so. Do not doubt your concerns just because your ex tried to pin the blame on you by minimizing your worries. It's a clear sign of gaslighting. As for the statuses, some people take pleasure in making others feel unnecessarily guilty, even if the fault lies on their part. My advice would be to not pay attention to any of it. If necessary, delete her contact; a clean break might help you move on. Don't do it to show her that you have moved on, but try to move on in reality. You deserve more than half-hearted efforts.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Jul 03, 2024

Hi, I am 26 years old. Doing job in an Mnc, earning decent enough for me and my family. I had a breakup in my early 20s with my long term girlfriend from my school days, since then I am single. Last year I met a girl at the office gym, she works in a different department. We both speak the same language so she approached me and my friend and gave her number. Then we became good friends, used to hangout everything. Even though she had a boyfriend she used to get jealous seeing me with other female friends. 3 months back, her bf married to some other girl of his cast and dumped her. She had physical relationship with her bf as she told but i never had physical with anyone. She used to come and cry in front of me and asked me once as well whether i loved her or not. I ignored as i knew she is just seeing me as an option. Nowadays she is avoiding me a lot giving excuses like she is busy and all and I feel she went into a relationship and just breadcrumbing me because of attention. I also stopped giving her free attention and barely call. But my heart still miss her. I know I don't love her and don't wanna be with her in future as she is very manipulative but being very lonely myself with no friends she used to fill a void in my life. I want her presence, attention, and maybe want to do physical with her casually as she is that type of girl who can get laid easily with someone she likes. What shall I do? I am unable to move on from this and it is affecting my career. Also I want a stable relationship with whom I can have a good future.

The answer to your question is right there in the question. You do not want her; you want her attention which will feed your ego. It's not love and you know it. If you pursue a casual or serious relationship, chances are one or both of you will get hurt. Now, you mentioned that you want a stable relationship. You should start by focusing on that.

One more thing- it is not up to us to judge someone and call them names like "that type of girl." Wanting to hook up with her casually because you think she'll let you should then make you "that type of boy." These are baseless labels and it's best not to hurl these insults at people. Focus on yourself. Find a date- you can ask your friends to set you up, or family, or you can try out a dating app. Mention that you want a serious relationship; it can increase your chances of finding the right match.