Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Sep 04, 2023

Ravi Mittal is an expert on dating and relationships.
Asked by Anonymous - Sep 02, 2023Hindi

I am 42 years old fall in love with 38 years lady in corona period.it was long distance relationship end after 8 months. near about 2 years are gone but still we miss each other and have same attraction .both of we have very good life partner but still ? what to do ?

I understand you are in a tricky situation but since you have already settled down with someone else in life, it is best to focus on that relationship instead of remembering things left behind. The right thing to do is put more effort into your present relationship and build a deeper and more meaningful connection. Let your past be in the past.

If you still are in contact with your ex, severing ties can help. You both deserve a happy life and reminiscing won't do either of you any good.

Hi Anu, I have one question in mind need suggestion from you, please guide me.I am 42 year old and married I have two kids as well. My married life is all good and peaceful and I love my family lot.20 years ago when I was in college I was in love with a girl, she did not like me that time but from my side it was very pure love. I loved her so much.She was aware of that. We lost touch in 2004. Now she is also 42 and married with two kids.During Covid in 2020, we again got connected on LinkedIn and started talking. I expressed my love. she understood, respected and valued it now.She is still waiting for someone else and doesn’t feel complete with me. She is honest about her feelings and communication.She told me she considers me only as a friend but above all and everything in life.But many times she shows love and lots of affection, caring attitude. She always says that I am more than anything else in life to her and she does not want to lose me as well.She wants me to remain with her as she feels I am her strong support system.She shares everything with me and I do the same. Sometimes I feel I shall come out from this but at times I feel I don’t want to leave her as she looks very depressed.May be from her past break up or something else but I do not have the courage to ask her.What shall I do here? Please guide. What is your best suggestion?

Dear AK,

It’s a nice convenient connection.

Why don’t you stick to the way it is rather than expect it to be something different? Expectations can be disappointing and may spoil what already exists.

As humans, we fail to see and experience what we have and constantly crave for the things that we don’t have, don’t we?

The two of you are fond of each other but to project your feelings from the past onto the current scenario might unnecessarily cause a ruffling of feathers.

Will it be wise for you to accept things the way they are now? Enjoy the company and chats/calls the way they are? And be grateful that you can be a good support system to one another?

Is it possible for you to do this?

Respect her wishes when she says that she wants you as a friend and try not to read much into her actions.

If the fact that she is getting close to you is going to be decoded as being more than a friend, you need to watch out as your thoughts could lead to a major letdown for yourself and for her as well.

Pause, take it all in the way it is and accept it gracefully…

Dear AK,

It’s a nice convenient connection.

Is it possible for you to do this?

Dear AK,

It’s a nice convenient connection.

Is it possible for you to do this?

Relationships Expert - Answered on Jan 09, 2024