Mohit

Mohit Arora  |65 Answers  |Ask -

Dating Coach - Answered on Apr 01, 2024

I am 40 year old unmarried man. I never had a gf in my life neither I dated anyone. I started late searching for my life partner. Problem is i am still not sure what are the qualities I am looking for in life partner. Also i come from middle class family with 2 unmarried sisters at home.

Ans: Date a few girls... Then you'll know what you like, what you don't.. and then you can decide what you want..

Dear Relationship Guru, I have been looking for lifepartner since many years through online matrinony sites but still single.All these years have been stressful because of not coming across right kind of people.Tried seeking assistance through relatives etc networks but they either suggested non-preferences candidates which only resulted in clash between myself and parents because of differences of opinion and choices or they didn't helped at all.In short,nothing worked out till date.Could you please advise regarding my situation?
Ans: I understand that finding the right life partner can be a challenging and sometimes frustrating process. Here are a few suggestions that may help you in your search:

Expand your social circle: In addition to online matrimonial sites, try to meet new people through various social activities, events, or interest-based groups. This can increase your chances of meeting someone who shares your values and interests.

Be clear about your preferences: Take some time to reflect on the qualities and values that are important to you in a life partner. Consider what you are looking for in terms of personality, values, interests, and goals. Being clear about your preferences can help you filter potential matches and communicate your expectations effectively.

Communicate openly with your parents: It's important to have open and honest conversations with your parents about your preferences and choices. Help them understand your perspective and the reasons behind your preferences. This can help minimize misunderstandings and conflicts between you and your parents.

Seek professional assistance: Consider working with a professional matchmaker or a relationship counselor who specializes in helping individuals find suitable life partners. They can provide guidance, support, and valuable insights into the matchmaking process.

Take breaks when needed: Sometimes, taking a break from actively seeking a life partner can be beneficial. Focus on self-improvement, personal growth, and pursuing your own interests and passions. When you feel ready, you can resume your search with a refreshed mindset.

Stay positive and patient: It's important to maintain a positive attitude throughout the process. Remember that finding a life partner takes time, and it's not uncommon to face challenges and rejections along the way. Patience and perseverance are key. Stay hopeful and trust that the right person will come into your life when the timing is right.

Work on self-improvement: Use this time to invest in yourself and work on becoming the best version of yourself. Focus on personal growth, develop new skills, pursue your passions, and engage in activities that bring you joy and fulfillment. Building a strong sense of self can attract like-minded individuals and contribute to a healthier and more successful relationship.

Remember, finding the right life partner is a process that takes time and effort. It's important to stay positive, maintain an open mind, and be proactive in your search. By taking these steps and remaining patient, you increase your chances of finding a compatible life partner who shares your values and goals.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on May 11, 2024

Hello Sir/Ma'am, Myself Sachin. Basically I'm from Thrissur (Kerala) where I born. But in terms of education, I did my schooling & colleges from Pune (Maharashtra). My DOB is 30th October 1984. So right now I'm 39. Till now I'm single trying to get a life partner to have a good understanding since 7 years. However, no one I got yet. Even I tried dating through online dating app called quack quack where sometimes I get a positive responses. But later on, that relationship doesn't prolongs. In this situation, what shall I do to have a good life partner? Right now I reside in Coimbatore (Tamilnadu) with my parents in one of the senior citizen complex. In terms of education I did my BBA from Delhi University. Also have work experience into customer support voice process for about 9 years. Currently I run my business as a photostat in Coimbatore.
Ans: Hi Sachin,

I understand that dating can sometimes be very frustrating. You have every right to start wondering whether it will work or not. Since you have already tried dating apps and even had a positive experience, I would ask you to recognize that as a win first. Second, let me share some tips with you that might help you find the right kind of matches:

- Write a detailed and attractive Bio. What should it include? 40% about yourself- your education, your quirks and habits, likes and preferences, and everything that makes you you. 10% about what you can offer as a partner. 10% about the type of relationship you want. Do you want to date exclusively, or are you looking for casual? Are you looking to get married or long-term dating? Mention it clearly to attract the right matches. The remaining 40% should be about the kind of person you want to date. Your idea of a perfect partner. It would save you a lot of time and energy on the relationships that start strong but eventually fizzle out.

- The display picture can play an important role. Always pick a recent and clear image to never mislead anyone. Choose an image that shows you in your element, preferably smiling because that makes you seem warm and welcoming. Refrain from over-editing.

- Another important step is the first message. Write a detailed and personalized first message instead of a Hi.

Other than this, I would ask you to have patience. Regardless of the mode of dating, finding the right partner can take time in certain instances. Good things take time.

Dear Sir, I have an offer from Manipal Udupi (main campus) in joining Mechanical (from 3rd round of counseling). I am not interested on Mechanical, and I do not have any other offers in hand. I am thinking of dropping this year and preparing of JEE next year. Please note, my JEE result was below 80% percentile and PCM at 80% this year. Is it advisable to drop a year or going with Mech in Manipal-U (I am hearing that there would be few more intra-campus counselling rounds which might change my position from mech to other streams like electrical or electronics.
Ans: Bibek, what are you are referring is sliding / upgrading to other streams. Please note this depends upon the demands by other students belonging to Mechanical for ECE/CSE/EEE etc. and also your academic performance in 1st year. I normally do not recommend 'drop'. Besides, keeping in view your score in Board/JEE, it is not advisable. Better to join Manipal-Main Campus for Mechanical & try for sliding.

Some suggestions before / after joining Manipal. (1) Have a thorough research about Manipal Main Campus about its culture, hostel facilities, internship opportunities, placement records, infrastructure, faculties, quality of teaching etc. to yourself get mentally prepared (2) Keep upgrading your skills (3) Create a Professional LinkedIn Profile and keep updating it every 3-months, using keywords related to your domain / skills (4) Put Job Alerts in LinkeIn to get notifications to know about Job Market Trends to keep yourself updated (5) Connect with Professionals of your domain (not to ask for jobs) to gain knowledge from them and their views. All the Best for Your Bright Future.

To Know More on 'Education | Careers | Jobs', Ask / Follows us in RediffGURUS.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 13, 2024

I had requested a company to provide internship plus project for my regular M.Tech course, instead i was offered internship plus job and contribution to pf was also there. In 3rd Sem we need to do internship which ended at Jan 2021, pf contribution started for month of October 2020. In 4th sem, no subject only project and i continued my job and project parallely This was during covid time, will this be a problem to work in IT gaint like TCS, If Yes, what best can i do ?
Ans: Having both an internship and a job during your M.Tech is commendable. It shows your commitment and multitasking abilities. The contribution to your provident fund (PF) is an added benefit. Remember, many successful professionals have navigated similar situations. Your dedication and adaptability will be valuable assets.

The pandemic accelerated the move toward hybrid workplaces, combining remote and in-person work. IT companies are increasingly open to flexible arrangements. Highlight your adaptability and remote work experience during interviews.

Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to reflect your internship, job, and project experience. Emphasize the skills you gained during your job and project. Showcase any relevant technologies or tools. Connect with professionals in your field. Attend virtual events and webinars. Prepare for technical interviews. Practice coding, algorithms, and system design. Understand TCS’s work culture, values, and projects. During interviews, explain your situation honestly. Highlight your achievements and how you managed both work and studies.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

My son recently completed his Btech Mechanical at Thapar Institute but still waiting for placement.He got 8.5 cg till 7th sem and cg of 8th sem not declared yet and I hope he will not get less than previous cg. Please guide us about his placement. Can he placed of campus? or but about his study now.
Ans: Job searches can be challenging, but persistence pays off. Remind your son to stay positive, keep refining his approach, and learn from any setbacks. Remember that every student’s journey is unique, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Encourage your son to explore both on-campus and off-campus options, and support him throughout the process. Your son’s strong CGPA can certainly attract recruiters during these placement drives.

If on-campus placements don’t yield immediate results, off-campus placements are an alternative. Off-campus placements involve applying directly to companies outside the college. Your son can explore job portals, company websites, and networking platforms to find relevant job openings. Tailor his resume, write personalized cover letters, and apply proactively.

While waiting for placements, your son can enhance his skills. Consider certifications, online courses, or projects related to mechanical engineering. Practical experience and domain-specific knowledge can make him more attractive to employers. Networking plays a crucial role in off-campus placements. Encourage your son to connect with alumni, industry professionals, and attend job fairs or industry events.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -