Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1870 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Nov 07, 2023

Samraat Jadhav is the founder of Prosperity Wealth Adviser.
He is a SEBI-registered investment and research analyst and has over 18 years of experience in managing high-end portfolios.
Shivaji Question by Shivaji on Oct 16, 2023Hindi

reliance Power long term ?

Ans: NO, stay away

Disclaimer: Investments in securities are subject to market RISKS. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please consult your appointed/paid financial adviser before taking any decision. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.

I am a 27 years old Software Engineer. I had a fixed income of 1 Lakh per month, out of which my expenses were 25k to parents, 10k to spouse and 15k monthly personal expenses. After all expenses I would save 50k per month. I recently got a job offer of 42 LPA, so my income now is 3.5L per month. I don't intend to change my lifestyle, so my expenses would still be 50k per month, and I intend to save around 3L per month. I had invested in Equity Funds once a small amount of 10k, and it had given decent returns so I would like to know how I can best utilise my new income going forward from here, not just in equity funds but everywhere, where I can invest that will help me grow. I don't have any emi or loans.
Ans: You are a 27-year-old software engineer.

Your new job offers Rs 42 LPA, so your income is Rs 3.5L per month.

Your monthly expenses are Rs 50k, allowing you to save Rs 3L per month.

You have previously invested Rs 10k in equity funds with good returns.

Financial Goals and Planning
Priority: Build an emergency fund.

Liquidity: Keep 6-12 months' expenses in a savings account or liquid funds.

Purpose: Provides financial security during emergencies.

Diversified Investment Strategy
Growth Potential: Allocate Rs 1L to equity mutual funds.

Fund Types: Invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and diversified equity funds.

SIPs: Continue with systematic investment plans for rupee cost averaging.

Stability: Allocate Rs 50k to debt mutual funds.

Safety: Provides stability and reduces overall portfolio risk.

Returns: Offers better returns than traditional savings accounts.

Balanced Mutual Funds
Hybrid Approach: Invest Rs 50k in balanced or hybrid funds.

Balance Risk: These funds balance equity and debt, offering moderate risk and returns.

ELSS Funds
Tax Benefits: Invest Rs 50k in ELSS funds for tax savings under Section 80C.

Equity Exposure: Provides equity exposure with tax benefits.

PPF and NPS
Long-Term Security: Invest Rs 25k in Public Provident Fund (PPF).

Retirement Planning: Consider investing Rs 25k in the National Pension System (NPS) for retirement planning.

Gold and Digital Gold
Diversification: Invest Rs 20k in gold or digital gold.

Hedge Against Inflation: Gold acts as a hedge against inflation.

Adequate Cover: Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage for yourself and dependents.

Additional Coverage: Consider a top-up plan if needed.

Term Insurance
Life Cover: Consider a term insurance plan for financial security for your family.

Adequate Sum: Ensure the cover is sufficient to support your dependents in case of unforeseen events.

Regular Review and Adjustments
Annual Financial Review
Performance Check: Review your portfolio annually.

Rebalance: Adjust your investments based on performance and changing goals.

Your new income allows for substantial savings and investment opportunities. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and balanced mutual funds. Consider tax-saving instruments like ELSS and PPF. Ensure adequate insurance coverage for health and life. Regularly review and adjust your portfolio to stay aligned with your financial goals.

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1870 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 19, 2024