Ulhas

Ulhas Joshi  |265 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Nov 21, 2023

With over 16 years of experience in the mutual fund industry, Ulhas Joshi has helped numerous clients choose the right funds and create wealth.
Prior to joining RankMF as CEO, he was vice president (sales) at IDBI Asset Management Ltd.
Asked by Anonymous - Nov 19, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir. I am investing via SIP in Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund (15k), PGIM Flexi Cap (5k), UTI Nifty50 (10k), Kotak Emerging Equity (5k), Motilal oswal Midcap (6k), Tata Small Cap (4k) all in Direct growth. Please review my funds.

Ans: Hello and thanks for writing to me. I am assuming that you are investing for the long term for wealth creation and are fine with taking risks.

For that goal, the fund selection is fine, but you can consider reducing the investment in the NIFTY 50 passive to Rs.5,000 and start an SIP of Rs.5,000 in a multi cap fund.

Do note that periodic rebalancing is essential to ensure that you are on the right track. Stepping up your SIP's every year will help you create a larger corpus.

Hello Team, I am investing via SIP in axis Small cap 1000 pm, axis bluechip fund direct paln growth 1500pm, Mirae Asset aggreasive fund 1000pm, parag parikh flexi cap 1000pm, canara small cap 2000pm, quant small cap 2.5k pm, PGIM india midcap 1000pm. Please review my funds. Should i need any changes in my SIPs. My view is for 15 years. I am investing since 2019..
Ans: You've built a diversified portfolio covering different market segments, which is a good strategy for long-term growth. Here's a quick review:

Axis Small Cap & Canara Small Cap: You have exposure to small-cap funds which can offer higher growth potential but come with higher volatility. Given your 15-year horizon, these can be suitable, but be prepared for fluctuations.

Axis Bluechip & Mirae Asset Aggressive Fund: These funds provide stability with large-cap and well-diversified equity exposure. They can act as a counterbalance to the volatility of small and mid-cap funds.

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap: A flexible fund that invests across market caps and can provide consistent returns. It offers international diversification which can be beneficial.

Quant Small Cap & PGIM India Midcap: These funds further increase your exposure to mid and small-cap segments. Ensure you're comfortable with the higher risk associated with these categories.

Given your portfolio, it seems well-balanced for long-term growth. However, consider the following suggestions:

Review Fund Performance: Regularly check the performance of your funds against their benchmarks and peers.

Risk Assessment: Ensure you're comfortable with the risk levels, especially with higher allocations to small and mid-cap funds.

Asset Allocation: As you progress, you might want to rebalance your portfolio to maintain desired asset allocation.

New SIPs: Consider adding a large-cap or a diversified equity fund to further diversify your portfolio and reduce risk.

Remember, while these are general guidelines, personal financial planning should be tailored to your specific goals, risk tolerance, and financial situation. It's always advisable to consult with a financial advisor for a comprehensive review and advice tailored to your needs.

Hello Sir I have Sip's in below funds. I am investing in these funds since 6 years Axis Small cap 2k Axis Multicap 1k Mirae large and mid cap 3k Sbi small cap 3.5k PGIM mid cap 2k Quant Flexi Cap 1k will start in May24 All these funds are direct investment Request you to please evaluate and provide your valuable advise for any change/addition Thanks and Regards
Ans: Your SIP portfolio consists of a mix of small-cap, mid-cap, and multicap funds, which is diversified and well-suited for growth-oriented investors. Here's a brief evaluation and advice:

Axis Small Cap: Small-cap funds can be volatile but offer high growth potential. It's good for diversification but keep an eye on its performance and risk.

Axis Multicap: Multicap funds provide diversification across market caps. It's a balanced choice for steady growth with lower volatility.

Mirae Large and Mid Cap: This fund offers exposure to both large and mid-cap stocks, providing a balanced approach. Monitor its performance regularly.

SBI Small Cap: Small-cap funds are high risk, high reward. Ensure it aligns with your risk tolerance and keep an eye on its performance.

PGIM Mid Cap: Another mid-cap fund adds more exposure to mid-cap segment. Check if there's any overlap with Mirae fund.

Quant Flexi Cap: Flexi-cap funds offer flexibility to invest across market caps. It's a versatile choice but review its performance and fund manager's strategy.

Advice:

Review Performance: Regularly review the performance of each fund to ensure they align with your investment goals.

Risk Tolerance: Ensure your portfolio matches your risk tolerance. Small-cap funds are riskier, while multicap and large-cap funds are more stable.

Diversification: Consider adding a debt fund or international fund for further diversification and to mitigate risks.

New SIP: For the new SIP starting in May24, consider adding a balanced fund or debt fund based on market conditions and your investment goals.

Consult a Financial Advisor: Given the complexity of fund selection and changing market conditions, consulting a financial advisor can provide personalized advice tailored to your needs.

Overall, your SIP portfolio is diversified, but regular monitoring and periodic adjustments are essential to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Hello sir, i am 32 years old and just started a SIP investment of 7K per month for the following funds for wealth creation for next 10 - 15 years. Core portfolio (60%) 1. Parag Parikh flexicap fund - 1.5K 2. JM Flexicap - 2K 3. Navi Nifty 50 - 0.5K Satellite portfolio (40%) 1. Kotak Emerging Equity Fund - 0.8K 2. JM Midcap fund - 1K 3. Tata smallcap fund - 0.7K 4. Edelweiss midcap 150 momentum 50 - 0.5K Could please review and advise me whether the above funds is to be considered good. Please provide some suggestions if changes required.
Ans: Your SIP portfolio seems well-diversified across various categories of equity funds, which is a good approach for long-term wealth creation. Let's review each fund and provide some suggestions:

Core Portfolio (60%):

Parag Parikh Flexicap Fund: This fund follows a flexible investment approach across large, mid, and small-cap stocks. It's known for its quality stock selection and has delivered consistent returns over the years.
JM Flexicap Fund: Another flexi-cap fund, providing exposure to companies across market capitalizations. Ensure you review its performance and consistency compared to peers.
Navi Nifty 50: Investing in an index fund like Navi Nifty 50 provides exposure to India's top 50 companies. It's a low-cost option with a focus on large-cap stocks.
Satellite Portfolio (40%):

Kotak Emerging Equity Fund: This fund focuses on emerging companies with high growth potential. Review its performance and ensure it aligns with your risk appetite.
JM Midcap Fund: Mid-cap funds like JM Midcap can offer higher growth potential but come with higher volatility. Monitor its performance and risk closely.
Tata Smallcap Fund: Investing in small-cap funds can provide exposure to high-growth companies. Ensure you're comfortable with the risk associated with small-cap investing.
Edelweiss Midcap 150 Momentum 50: This fund follows a momentum-based investment strategy, focusing on mid-cap stocks showing positive price momentum. Understand its investment approach and risk profile.
Suggestions:

Monitor Performance: Regularly review the performance of your funds and ensure they're meeting your expectations. Consider replacing underperforming funds with better alternatives.
Risk Management: Given the higher allocation to mid-cap and small-cap funds in your portfolio, be prepared for higher volatility. Ensure your risk tolerance aligns with the risk profile of these funds.
Review Fund Selection: Consider diversifying across fund houses to reduce concentration risk. Also, consider adding an international equity fund or a debt fund for further diversification.
Long-Term Perspective: Stay focused on your long-term investment horizon and avoid making knee-jerk reactions based on short-term market movements.
Overall, your SIP portfolio appears well-structured for wealth creation over the next 10-15 years. However, regularly monitoring and reviewing your portfolio's performance is essential to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Consider consulting with a financial advisor for personalized guidance based on your individual circumstances.