Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 09, 2022

Arvind Question by Arvind on Dec 09, 2022Translate

I am 40 years old and want to create a MF portfolio that will give me = 15% return for the next 6-8 years. I am fairly open to taking risks. Can you pls suggest a basket of 5-6 funds and how much to invest in each of them to get a corpus of 1Cr at the end of the time frame?

Ans: Rs 1 cr in 8 years will require an investment (Monthly) of Rs 54000.

Schemes that can be considered are as under

HDFC Index Fund – Sensex Plan – Growth

UTI Flexi cap Fund – Growth

Axis ESG Equity fund – Growth

Samco Flexi cap fund – Growth

Motilal Oswal Mid cap Fund - Growth

Nippon India Small Cap Fund - Growth

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Apr 05, 2022

I hv just started my investment in MFs. I am 24yrs and want to make a corpus of Rs. 3 to 4 Cr by investing in MFs in 20 to 25 yrs. Pls guide me how can I achieve my target. DSP MID CAP Rs 5KCANARA ROBECO EMERGING (R) G Rs 5K AXIS MID CAP Rs 3K SBI FOCUSED EQUITY (R) G Rs 5K ICICI PRU FLEXICAP G Rs 5K AXIS ESG FUND Rs 10K I CAN ALSO INVEST IN LUMP SUM OF RS. 2.00LAC. Looking forward to your advice. Omkeshwar Singh Please continue and yes you may invest Rs. 2 lakh as lump sum proportionally in all the above funds. Abhsihek Sarin: This is in regards to your Ask MF Guru section on Rediff.com. Requesting your advice on and review of the following investments. I have recently started a mutual fund portfolio at age 25, with monthly SIPs totalling Rs 8500, and targeting a total monthly investment of Rs 10000. The mutual funds I have currently invested in are: Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund Direct Growth - Rs 3000 monthly SIP Mirae Asset Tax Saver Fund Direct Growth - Rs 1500 monthly SIP Axis Small Cap Find Direct Growth - Rs 1500 monthly SIP ICICI Prudential Technology Direct Plan Growth - Rs 2500 monthly SIP Risk appetite is very high; annual step up is targeted at 15% and the aim is to achieve Rs 1cr corpus in 15 years from today i.e. age 40. Please review the above investments, and also suggest a moderate risk mutual fund to invest the remaining Rs 1500.
Ans: Portfolio is fine and it's good that you have started investing early. For moderate risk you may look at hybrid funds in balanced advantage category.

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024