Home > Health > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help
Dr Rahul

Dr Rahul Baxi  |31 Answers  |Ask -

Diabetologist - Answered on Apr 24, 2023

Dr Rahul Baxi is an honorary consultant diabetologist at the Bombay Hospital and Medical Research Centre, Mumbai.
He specialises in the management of diabetes, diabetes prevention, diagnosis, management and remission. He consults patients in Mumbai and online via video and telephonic calls.
Dr Baxi has a master’s degree in general medicine from Nagpur University and a diploma in medicine from the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. He has a post-doctoral fellowship in diabetes from CMC, Vellore, and has completed his MBBS from the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.... more
S Question by S on Mar 15, 2023Hindi

My wife aged 61 years is a diabetic since 1994.She is weighing 83 kgs and ht is 5.5 ft. Now we are using Insulin Tresiba (20-0-20 units), Insulin Fiasp(18-16-18units ) , Jardiance 25mg-1 daily in the morning , Istamet 50/500 - 1 dialy in the morning , Carbophage XR500-1 in the night as diabetic medicines. Her HbA1c was ranging from 7.5- 8.5. Her last Serum creatinine level in January 2023 is 1.2. The Fasting sugar level is ranging between 110 - 145 in this month sofar. Random sugar in the other time of the day is 140- 210. She is also a BP patient taking Telma 40, Telma CT6.25/40 and Praxopress XL 2.5 - each one daily. Bp readings are 140 -145 / 60-68. Thyroid(taking Thyronorm 75mcg daily) and cholestrol( Rosuvas CV10 daily) are under control . Please advise how to decrease HbA1C to a level of 6-7 . Is these medicines are helpful in maintaining her health staedily?. she is south indian and taking rice normally and wheat onec in 2 days in the night time. Is the creatinine level indicates any deterioration in Kidney function? The medicines indicated above are kidney friendly? Your advise to maintain a safe healthy life is required please

Ans: Further evaluation for kidney function may be required. She will benefit with some weight loss. Diet and daily exercise/ walking will be important. Seeing a Dietitian will help. You will need to discuss in detail with your Doctor.
DISCLAIMER: The answer provided by rediffGURUS is for informational and general awareness purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below

Latest Questions
Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |39 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 19, 2024

DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds