Home > Health > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Komal Jethmalani  |312 Answers  |Ask -

Dietician, Diabetes Expert - Answered on May 25, 2023

Komal Jethmalani is a practising dietician and nutritionist with over 26 years of experience.
She specialises in weight loss and diabetes management.
Jethmalani has completed her MSc in food and nutrition from SNDT University and trained at Jaslok Hospital.
She is a NDEP-certified diabetes educator.... more
RAMAN Question by RAMAN on May 23, 2023Hindi

Hi, I am 53 years old and having 116 kg weight and my height is 5.8'' how I can reduce my weight in a faster matter. If u can help

Ans: Weight reduction should be aimed by increasing muscle mass and lowering body fat. It is a gradual process which should be monitored by a professional and not deteriorate health of an individual. Follow a balanced diet with focus on more complex carbohydrates and fiber rich foods like fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereals, etc., sources of protein rich foods like low fat dairy products, lean meat, eggs, pulses and legumes and low but healthy fats like olive or mustard or canola oil, etc. Avoid sweets, chocolates, alcohol, soft drinks, fruit juices, fatty foods, etc. which would add to your fat percentage by contributing empty calories. A regular exercise regimen will bring about building of lean mass and burn extra calories.
DISCLAIMER: The answer provided by rediffGURUS is for informational and general awareness purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds