Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |666 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on May 14, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.

I am post graduate as mba finance and due to my some reasons I dnt have that skills so I have changed many jobs and i am not getting proper job what I do

Ans: Reskill yourself by doing a course in the area you are interested in and then look at relevant jobs. Try looking for jobs directly in areas of your interest, your MBA degree may come in handy. You may have to start as a fresher, but that is better than nothing.
Asked on - Jul 04, 2024 | Answered on Jul 05, 2024
Which skill should I upgrade
Ans: Anything that is relevant to your field - could be investment in stock market or project management, ....

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on May 13, 2024

Hi, I'm 40 years old ,i have done BBA in finance and marketing. It's completed in 2006.i have experience of 5 year in retail and then I moved to foreign exchange company and worked for another 4-5 years in 2-3 companies.but I lost my job in corona time.and since then I'm working as a freelancer for the forex customers.also looking for jobs but couldn't get right job.i have responsibilities but I am not earning as I needed. Pls suggest me what should I do?
Ans: I understand this must be a frustrating situation. You have a strong educational background and experience, but the job market can be tough. Don't view freelance work as a gap in your employment history. Frame it as an opportunity where you leveraged your expertise to consult with clients. Quantify your achievements as a freelancer whenever possible (e.g., increased client base by X%, secured Y new contracts). The financial and marketing fields have likely evolved since your graduation in 2006. Consider taking online courses, certifications, or workshops to update your knowledge in areas like financial technology (FinTech), digital marketing, or social media marketing. These in-demand skills can make your resume more attractive to employers. Since you already have experience freelancing for forex clients, explore ways to expand your freelance offerings. Can you offer additional services like market research, competitor analysis, or content creation related to finance or foreign exchange? Don't limit yourself to just finance or forex roles. Consider marketing positions within financial institutions, wealth management firms, or fintech companies. Your marketing background could also be valuable in other industries like retail, healthcare, or technology. Remember, your age and experience are assets. Age is not a liability; hence, by highlighting your transferable skills, expanding your skillset, and utilizing a strategic job search approach, you can increase your chances of landing the right job.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.