Khevna

Khevna Shah  |16 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 10, 2023

Khevna Shah is the head of human resources at Coverfox Insurance. She has 14 years of experience in human resources across industries like manufacturing, banking & financial services and insurance. Her expertise includes talent acquisition, retention, employee engagement and developing a performance focussed culture.

i have been laid off by the Byjus. . my last assisgnment is with Byjus as retention executive.I have the experience of working in Human resource and Industrial realtion department for 14 years. But my salary does not increased as per market satndards. Now Iam again seraching for job.How I search for job and demand more salary ?

Ans: When you have interview conversations you can specify what your compensation expectations are - which will clearly let a prospective employer know what salary you are looking for.

Having said that, you have to keep in mind that "market standards" are very loosely defined and you cannot expect a radical rise immediately since the employer will expect to see outcomes before he/she commits to a high salary demand.

My recommendation would be to focus on role & organization that provides learning and growth opportunity. And state your hike expectations clearly and reasonably to land a good position.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

hi Abhishek , i am having 22+ year experience and working as a software delivery head, but salary is like nothing, so what is to do to get good salary job, even i have a good knowledge also, but not able to get the job, and due to this my marriage is also not happening, i got divorce in 2007, but since that i am not able to do the 2nd marriage, i am trying and not able to get the 2nd marriage, so can you please guide please.
Ans: Hello Sunil,

I understand that you're experiencing difficulties in finding a job with a good salary despite having over 22 years of experience as a software delivery head. I can provide you with some suggestions that may help you in your job search and personal life:

Update your resume: Make sure your resume highlights your extensive experience, achievements, and skills. Tailor it to each job application, emphasizing relevant accomplishments.

Networking: Connect with professionals in your industry through networking events, online platforms, and professional associations. Building relationships and seeking referrals can increase your chances of finding job opportunities.

Job search platforms: Utilize popular job search platforms and websites specific to your industry. Regularly check these platforms for new job openings and apply to positions that match your skills and experience.

Stay updated: Keep yourself updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and certifications. Attend conferences, workshops, and webinars to enhance your knowledge and stay competitive in the job market.

Polish your interviewing skills: Practice common interview questions and prepare your responses. Highlight your achievements and how your skills align with the requirements of the job you're applying for.

Consider contract work or consulting: Explore opportunities for contract work or consulting gigs, as they often offer higher rates and can lead to permanent positions or other opportunities.

Professional development: Identify any gaps in your skills and consider taking courses or certifications to update your knowledge. This demonstrates your commitment to professional growth and can make you more marketable.

Regarding your personal life and desire for a second marriage, it's important to prioritize your emotional well-being and self-care. Here are a few suggestions:

Reflect and heal: Take time to reflect on your past relationship and the reasons for the divorce. Seek closure and consider therapy or counseling if needed to heal and move forward.

Focus on personal growth: Engage in activities that bring you joy, pursue hobbies, and invest in self-improvement. Cultivate your interests and passions, which can make you more confident and attractive to potential partners.

Expand your social circle: Participate in social activities, join clubs or groups related to your interests, and attend events where you can meet new people. Expanding your social circle increases the likelihood of meeting someone compatible.

Online dating: Consider using online dating platforms to connect with potential partners. Be honest about your intentions and take the time to get to know people before committing to a serious relationship.

Seek professional help if needed: If you're struggling emotionally or finding it challenging to move forward, consider seeking guidance from a therapist or relationship counselor. They can provide support and assist you in navigating your personal journey.

Remember, finding a job with a good salary and a fulfilling personal life takes time and perseverance. Stay positive, believe in your abilities, and keep working towards your goals.

Regards,
Abhishek Shah