Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jan 07, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Nov 21, 2023Hindi

I joined one private limited company as manager. Company didn't issue me appointment letter. After one month, brother of director removed me without citing any reason. He is not on any position,just brother of director. The other director lady was present at that moment. She agreed verbally. Company didn't give me reliving letter. Two months before I was terminated verbally. Since then company has not given me salary till date. No phone pickup, no reply to what's app message. I told them that I will approach labour officer. The brother replied,do what ever you can. My salary was decided Rs. 1 lakh per month.

Ans: I’d suggest you move on in life as I don’t see an intent for them to pay and you do not have sufficient documentation in place. This is a lesson for life. In future, ensure necessary documentation is in place. Focus on finding a new job (if you still don’t have one). That would be better for the long term for you and family.

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 09, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 06, 2023Hindi
Hello Sir/Madam, This has been a practice of my company to delay the Full & Final settlement for employees who resign from the company. The final settlement along with the experience letters will be received after almost 2 months of leaving the organisation. This is the case with normal employees who serve three months notice period. These 2 months are very chaotic as the new company keeps requesting for the experience letters. There is no specific reason cited by the organisation for the delay in making the settlement. Sometimes the reasons seem petty. As a manager, I know this is wrong but I was helpless. 3 months back, our organisation had laid off many employees including me. They informed us that we will be getting three months salary as severance pay. The first two months were credited on time i.e 1st of each month. However, the third month payment has been stopped. They informed us it will be settled with the F&F settlement. There were no timelines mentioned to us. There is no letter issued to us - Neither laptop acceptance or resignation acceptance. I am getting job offers but they expect a firm date for joining along with the experience letters. I am not in position to furnish them these details. What can I do in this case? The company that I worked for is a BSE listed firm with strong financials.
Ans: Dear

I can understand your situation. What ai would suggest is better open and transparent with your potential employer, show them your resignation letter and the salary credited. I am sure they will appreciate.

All the best.