Praseeja

Praseeja Nambiar  |32 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counselling Expert - Answered on May 18, 2023

An internationally certified career coach, Praseeja Nambiar works as a counsellor at the Stonehill International School, Bengaluru.
In the last nine years, she has helped over 1,000 students with their admissions into Indian and international universities.
Nambiar received her training from Global Career Counselling and the University of California, LA (UCLA) Extension and is certified as a career coach by Certified Career Services Provider.
She contributes to the International Career and College Counselling institute by training other counsellors across the globe.
Athar Question by Athar on May 09, 2023Translate

My daughter completed SSC ,now she wants her career in Business so she should take Commerce or Science in 11/12 class

Ans: I recommend taking Commerce and moving ahead with business related subject combinations.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 12, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Nov 15, 2023Translate
My daughter wants to take commerce stream in XI considering Accounting, Business studies, applied Math, Economics and Information practices. She has no idea of what she choose. She has a little love for math today. Will this be a right track? As per the previous results, she had some interests in humanities group (including economics) which reflected into numbers she got. But now she has been a bit confused. Please advice.
Ans: It’s great to hear that your daughter is considering Commerce stream in XI. Commerce is a popular stream of education that deals with various aspects of business, trade, accounting, financial information/transactions, and merchandising. The subjects that are taught under the Commerce stream in Class 11 comprise Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, Statistics, Mathematics, and Informatics Practices.

Based on your message, it seems like your daughter has an interest in Mathematics and Economics. It’s worth noting that Mathematics is an important subject in Commerce stream and is a prerequisite for many professional courses such as Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), and Banking Sector. Economics is also a core subject in Commerce stream and is essential for understanding the functioning of the economy and business environment.

Considering your daughter’s interests and the subjects she is considering, Commerce stream in XI seems like a good choice. However, it’s important to note that Commerce stream is not just about numbers and calculations, but also requires analytical and critical thinking skills. It’s also important to keep in mind that the choice of stream should be based on your daughter’s interests and aptitude, and not just on the basis of previous results.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |57 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer