Amit

Amit Bansal  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Jun 18, 2010

sree Question by sree on Jun 18, 2010Hindi

I am currently in IT field,I want to do MS is it possible to do thru distance education. plz suggest..

Ans: There are several online and distance education courses

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 30, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 29, 2023Hindi
Hi.. I am CS graduate from leading NIT. I am working in a MNC for the last 1 year. Can I pursue online MS - in CS thru any international universities? I prefer good universities in US. Is Georgia University is good for online study? Will it have any value in my future career opportunities in India and abroad? Any suggestion for good universities in US for online? Thank you

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that you have earned your degree in Computer Science from a leading NIT and possess one year of work experience. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that you can definitely pursue an online MS i.e. Master of Science in Computer Science from foreign universities, including universities in the USA. As an answer to your query, I would like to let you know that Georgia University, renowned for the online Computer Science programs it offers, is highly respected, and earning an online degree from such a top-notch university can definitely enhance the value of your career opportunities both in India as well as abroad. There are a number of other good universities in USA that offer online MS in Computer Science programs. I would suggest that you consider applying to universities like the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Stanford University, and Harvard University known for their online programs in Computer Science. Remember to conduct an extensive study on the courses offered, the program's standing, accreditation, as well as the expertise of the faculty teaching the programs when taking into account online programs, in order to make sure that they resonate with your professional objectives. In addition, also factor in the tuition fees as well as the admission prerequisites for the programs you are considering, prior to making an informed choice.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 27, 2024

Good morning sir, my daughter is in btech. ECE final semister, can I send for ms in abroad, or any job related courses in India, my daughter also not much intrested to go abroad. Kindly suggest better way.

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to hear that your daughter is pursuing the final semester of her Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that we only deal with overseas education. Yes, you can definitely send your daughter abroad to pursue her Master's. I would like to tell you that owing to their renowned universities, top-notch education, and vast array of opportunities, a number of countries are well-known for pursuing Master of Science (MS) degrees abroad. With its vast array of top-tier universities and research centres, the USA continues to be a sought-after destination for pursuing MS programs spanning different disciplines. Likewise, a number of international students are also drawn to countries viz., the UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and Switzerland owing to their cutting-edge academic programs, culturally diverse settings, and significant focus on innovation and research. You would be glad to know that MS students are offered distinct advantages and opportunities in these countries, in turn, making them highly popular destinations for individuals looking for further education overseas.

As mentioned by you, if your daughter is not interested in pursuing a Master's abroad, I would suggest that she looks into other possibilities that best resonate with her interests and professional objectives. Post finishing her Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree, she could think about acquiring professional experience via internships or entry-level work in her field of interest. Gaining this practical experience can prove beneficial for her career growth and may help her determine her professional path. In order to improve her abilities and credentials without committing to a full-time Master's program overseas, she could also look into advanced certifications or specialized courses. Lastly, I would suggest that you motivate your daughter to investigate these possibilities and assist her in discovering her true calling, which in turn, could result in a gratifying and prosperous professional path.

I am 26 years old , i am investing 1k/month on stock & doing SIP's in 1k/month in ICICI prudential bharat 22 FoF direct growth , 500/month in HDFC mid cap opportunities direct plan, 500/month in mahindra manulife aggresive hybrid & 500/month in nippon india ultra short duration is this much enough for future perception
Ans: Your Current Investment Strategy
At 26, your investment journey has begun well. You are investing Rs 1k/month in stocks and doing SIPs in various mutual funds. This is a great start.

Evaluating Your SIPs
Stock Investments
Investing in stocks directly can yield high returns. However, it comes with high risk. Ensure you research well before picking stocks. Diversify across sectors to manage risk.

ICICI Prudential Bharat 22 FoF
This fund focuses on PSU companies. It has potential but can be volatile. Keep an eye on its performance.

HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities
Mid-cap funds can provide good growth. They are riskier than large-cap but can outperform in the long run. Your SIP in this fund is a smart choice.

Mahindra Manulife Aggressive Hybrid
This hybrid fund balances equity and debt. It offers stability and growth. This fund is a good addition to your portfolio.

Nippon India Ultra Short Duration
This fund invests in short-term debt instruments. It provides liquidity and low risk. It's suitable for short-term goals.

Direct funds might seem cheaper due to lower fees. However, regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) offer several benefits:

Professional Advice: A CFP provides tailored advice based on your goals.

Active Management: Regular funds are actively managed by experts.

Emotional Support: CFPs help you stay disciplined during market fluctuations.

Enhancing Your Portfolio
Diversify: Ensure you have a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds.

Long-Term Focus: Stay invested for the long term to ride out market volatility.

Review Regularly: Monitor your investments and make adjustments as needed.

Actively Managed Funds vs Index Funds
Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market. They can provide higher returns than index funds, which only track the market. Although actively managed funds have higher fees, the potential for better performance justifies the cost.

Keep Learning: Enhance your knowledge about investments.

Stay Disciplined: Consistency is key to wealth creation.

Seek Professional Help: A Certified Financial Planner can guide you better.

Your current investment approach is commendable. With slight adjustments, you can further improve your portfolio.

Hi iam 29 years old Currently I'm investing 2.5k in Mirae assets emerging bluechip fund. 2k in ICICI prudential technology fund. 1.5k in axis small cap fund. 1k in quant small cap fund. 1k in quant infrastructure fund. Are those funds good for long-term like 20 years plz answer.
Ans: Current Investment Overview

At 29 years old, you have a well-diversified portfolio. Your investments include:

Rs 2,500 in an emerging bluechip fund

Rs 2,000 in a technology fund

Rs 1,500 in a small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in another small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in an infrastructure fund

Evaluation of Fund Selection

Emerging Bluechip Fund

Potential for Growth: This fund targets mid-cap and large-cap stocks. These offer substantial growth potential over the long term.

Risk Factor: It carries moderate to high risk, suitable for your long-term horizon.

Technology Fund

Sector Focus: This fund invests in the technology sector. Technology is a rapidly evolving sector with high growth potential.

Volatility: Sector funds are more volatile. Diversification within your portfolio helps manage this risk.

Small Cap Funds

High Growth Potential: Small cap funds can offer high returns. They invest in smaller companies with significant growth potential.

High Risk: These funds are high-risk due to market volatility. Holding for 20 years can help ride out market fluctuations.

Infrastructure Fund

Sector-Specific Growth: Infrastructure funds invest in infrastructure projects. This sector can benefit from government policies and economic growth.

Moderate to High Risk: Sector-specific funds can be volatile. Diversifying across sectors helps balance your portfolio.

Professional Management

Expertise: Actively managed funds are handled by experienced fund managers.

Research and Analysis: Fund managers conduct in-depth research to make informed investment decisions.

Flexibility

Dynamic Adjustments: Managers can adjust the portfolio based on market conditions. This can help mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.

Regular Monitoring: Continuous monitoring ensures the portfolio aligns with market trends and investment goals.

Lack of Professional Guidance

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage your investments. This involves research, analysis, and regular monitoring.

Time-Consuming: Managing direct funds can be time-consuming. It requires a thorough understanding of market dynamics.

Risk of Errors

Potential for Mistakes: Without professional advice, there's a higher risk of making investment errors. This can affect your returns.

Missed Opportunities: Lack of expertise can lead to missed investment opportunities.

Recommendations for Long-Term Strategy

Maintain Diversification

Balanced Portfolio: Continue diversifying across different sectors and fund types. This reduces risk and enhances growth potential.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio periodically. Ensure it remains aligned with your long-term goals.

Increase SIP Amount Gradually

Boost Investments: Gradually increase your SIP amounts. This helps in building a substantial corpus over time.

Compounding Benefits: Higher investments benefit from compounding returns, accelerating your wealth growth.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner

Expert Advice: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals.

Holistic Approach: A CFP can offer a 360-degree financial solution, ensuring all aspects of your financial health are covered.

Your current investment strategy is solid for long-term growth. Diversify your portfolio, increase SIP amounts, and seek professional advice. This will ensure a secure and prosperous financial future.

Hi sir myself jagadish.m I have two kids one of age 4 years and one of 1year.I have own house in Bangalore and 4acres farmland in Andhrapradesh.I am planning to save money for my kids future.Currently I am doing trading with 15lakhs by taking advisory.I am happy with returns from trading so far.Pls suggest me suitable entity to invest
Ans: Current Financial Situation
You have two young children, a house in Bangalore, and farmland in Andhra Pradesh. You are also trading with Rs. 15 lakhs and are satisfied with the returns.

Appreciating Your Efforts
It's commendable that you are actively trading and seeing positive results. Your initiative in planning for your children's future is also praiseworthy.

Goals for Your Children's Future
To secure your children's future, it's essential to have a diversified investment strategy. Here are some key areas to consider:

Education Planning
Start Early: Investing early gives you the advantage of compounding.

Estimate Costs: Calculate the future cost of education. Consider inflation in your calculations.

Investment Options: Look at equity mutual funds for long-term growth. They can provide higher returns over time.

Child Plans
Dedicated Plans: Consider child-specific investment plans. These plans offer benefits tailored for children's future needs.

Dual Benefits: These plans often provide life cover and investment growth. They ensure financial security for your children.

Regular Investments: SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly. It helps in disciplined saving.

Rupee Cost Averaging: SIPs benefit from market fluctuations. They help in averaging out the purchase cost of units.

Flexibility: You can start SIPs with small amounts. They offer flexibility to increase investments over time.

Professional Management: Actively managed funds are handled by expert fund managers. They adjust the portfolio based on market conditions.

Higher Potential Returns: These funds aim to outperform market indices. They can offer higher returns compared to index funds.

Diversification: Actively managed funds invest in a variety of sectors. This reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage investments yourself. This can be challenging without professional advice.

Lack of Expertise: Without a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), you might miss out on strategic adjustments.

Higher Effort: Direct funds demand constant monitoring. It requires significant time and effort.

Benefits of Regular Funds Through a CFP
Expert Advice: A CFP provides personalized investment strategies. They consider your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Regular Monitoring: Your investments are regularly reviewed and adjusted. This ensures optimal performance.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic financial plan. They cover all aspects of your financial life, including insurance, retirement, and estate planning.

Diversifying Investments
Balanced Portfolio: Diversify across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. This balances risk and returns.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund. It should cover 6-12 months of expenses.

Insurance: Ensure adequate life and health insurance. It protects your family from unforeseen events.

Your proactive approach to securing your children's future is excellent. Focus on a diversified investment strategy. Consider education planning, child-specific plans, and SIPs. Opt for actively managed funds for higher returns. Avoid direct funds and benefit from the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to align with your financial goals.

Hi Sir, I have invested in a policy of HDFC bank with name HDFC Life Uday. In this I have been investing 24K per annum. Same amount i have to invest for 8 years that will end up in 2026. Maturity time is 2030. Can you please tell me how much amount will i get on maturity.
Ans: You have invested in the HDFC Life Uday policy, a traditional, non-linked insurance plan. You are paying Rs. 24,000 annually for 8 years, with the policy maturing in 2030.

Understanding HDFC Life Uday
HDFC Life Uday offers a combination of savings and protection. It includes a guaranteed sum assured and potential bonuses. However, this type of policy has several disadvantages.

Disadvantages of HDFC Life Uday
Lower Returns: Traditional policies typically offer lower returns compared to other investment options. The returns may not keep up with inflation.

High Costs: These policies often have higher costs due to premiums covering both insurance and savings components.

Limited Liquidity: Traditional policies have long lock-in periods. Accessing your money before maturity can be difficult and costly.

Inflation Impact: The fixed returns may not keep pace with inflation, reducing the purchasing power of your maturity amount.

Complexity: The structure of bonuses and guarantees can be complex and less transparent.

Surrendering the Policy
Given the disadvantages, it may be beneficial to surrender your HDFC Life Uday policy and reinvest in more efficient options.

Surrender Value: Before making a decision, check the surrender value of your policy. This is the amount you will receive if you terminate the policy early.

Reinvestment Strategy: Consider reinvesting the surrender value in mutual funds. Mutual funds can provide higher returns and greater flexibility.

Benefits of Mutual Funds
Higher Returns: Mutual funds generally offer higher returns compared to traditional policies.

Diversification: Mutual funds invest in a variety of assets, reducing risk.

Liquidity: Mutual funds are more liquid, allowing you easier access to your money.

Professional Management: Funds are managed by experts who adjust investments based on market conditions.

Flexibility: You can choose from a wide range of funds based on your risk appetite and financial goals.

Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Consider investing in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Here’s why:

Expert Guidance: A CFP provides personalized advice tailored to your financial goals.

Regular Monitoring: They continuously monitor and adjust your investments to optimize returns.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic approach, covering all aspects of your financial life.

Given the lower returns, high costs, and limited liquidity of traditional policies like HDFC Life Uday, it may be wise to surrender the policy. Reinvesting in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner can provide higher returns, greater flexibility, and professional management. Review your surrender value and consult a CFP for personalized advice and a comprehensive financial plan.