Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 30, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 29, 2023Hindi

Hi.. I am CS graduate from leading NIT. I am working in a MNC for the last 1 year. Can I pursue online MS - in CS thru any international universities? I prefer good universities in US. Is Georgia University is good for online study? Will it have any value in my future career opportunities in India and abroad? Any suggestion for good universities in US for online? Thank you

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that you have earned your degree in Computer Science from a leading NIT and possess one year of work experience. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that you can definitely pursue an online MS i.e. Master of Science in Computer Science from foreign universities, including universities in the USA. As an answer to your query, I would like to let you know that Georgia University, renowned for the online Computer Science programs it offers, is highly respected, and earning an online degree from such a top-notch university can definitely enhance the value of your career opportunities both in India as well as abroad. There are a number of other good universities in USA that offer online MS in Computer Science programs. I would suggest that you consider applying to universities like the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Stanford University, and Harvard University known for their online programs in Computer Science. Remember to conduct an extensive study on the courses offered, the program's standing, accreditation, as well as the expertise of the faculty teaching the programs when taking into account online programs, in order to make sure that they resonate with your professional objectives. In addition, also factor in the tuition fees as well as the admission prerequisites for the programs you are considering, prior to making an informed choice.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 29, 2024

Hello sir I m pursuing my CSE and am about to complete it after 2 months. Looking for prospects of going for MS abroad. Kindly guide me the universities and countries in order of preference taking in to consideration expenses part also and should I opt for MS in CSE or in specific area like AI & ML etc. Please also suggest how can I apply for the same.
Ans: Hello. Thank you for coming into contact with us. Pursuing a Master of Science (MS) abroad is a significant step that would boost your career prospects. Let me tell you that both CSE, AI, and ML are tremendously growing sectors. Pursuing either one would be advantageous for you. You may choose to pursue either of them, depending on where your interest lies.

In terms of the ideal countries where you can choose to pursue MS, the USA, Canada, Germany, the UK, and Australia are the best nations. The cost of studying in each nation may vary depending on the country. Furthermore, you can choose to pursue your desired program. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, University of California, Berkeley, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, McGill University, University of Waterloo, and Technical University of Munich (TUM), among many others.

Best of luck for your future. For any further queries, please get in touch with us. We have a team of expert counsellors who can guide you through any concerns or questions you may have.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.