Nitin

Nitin Sathe  |127 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Recruitment Expert - Answered on Jul 06, 2023

I am a 52 year old qualified woman, i left my well paid illustrious job after doing it for 15 years in 2009 to run my own business but due to some unforeseen and unfortunate personal and professional circumstances, I couldn't be successful in business due to lack of funding and no partners with me and remained a trader only in last 15 years. Although as a sole proprietor of the business, I handled all aspects of business my self like sales, marketing, finance, new clients generation etc, Got lot of experience as a sole proprietor but couldn't generate much revenue. I am a single woman industry. Now if I leave my business and go for a job with my total 28 years of job and business experience, how would I explain to interviewer the reason of leaving my business? How will i explain my business income which is much lesser than the current job salary of a person with 28 years experience in my field of business? I tried to go back in job several times in the last 15 years but couldn't because of these 2 reasons so please help. Thanks

Ans: Ma’am, The interviewer will surely ask you what makes you come back looking for a job. It is good to be forthright about why your business went the way it did. And you are sure to have had huge learning experiences from the failure as well; these learning’s could be applied to the new job for the value addition that the employer would expect from you. I do not think a question about why you have a low business will be asked if you have replied to his query regarding the same truthfully. If you see a bleak future in your business, it is better to go back to the illustrious career that you once followed, but as a caution, I would advise you to expect a lower salary since you have had a break and need to prove yourself at the job once again.
Wishing you the best!

Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |70 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Feb 08, 2024

Hello mam, I am a 52 year old qualified woman, i left my well paid illustrious job after doing it for 13 years in 2008 to run my own business but due to some unforeseen and unfortunate personal and professional circumstances, I couldn't be successful in business due to lack of funding and no partners with me and remained a trader only in last 15 years. Although as a sole proprietor of the business, I handled all aspects of business my self like sales, marketing, finance, new clients generation etc, Got lot of experience as a sole proprietor but couldn't generate much revenue. I am a single woman industry. Now if I leave my business and go for a job with my total 28 years of job and business experience, how would I explain to interviewer the reason of leaving my business? How will i explain my business income which is much lesser than the current job salary of a person with 28 years experience in my field of business? I tried to go back in job several times in the last 15 years but couldn't because of these 2 reasons so please help. Thanks
Ans: Hi Sir/ Madam,

This is an commendable experience. Kudos.

Here are the few aspects you may consider- When explaining your decision to leave your business and seeking a job, honesty and framing your experiences in a positive light are key.

Highlight your entrepreneurial journey- mention on the various roles you have performed- sales, marketing, finance etc. This will show your versatility and multiple other aspects of the business.

Be honest and tell the interviewer'

Focus on the learning and growth-highlight the new skills you have learnt during your entrepreneurial journey and link it to the jobs you have/ will be applying.

Express your desire to have stability

Be honest on your financial conditions and explain how these are important

Get active on networking and referrals

Tailor your resume as per the industry, jobs you are applying

Prepare for the interviews. Practice, practice and practice

Employers value candidates who are honest and transparent. They value the diverse experience you bring on the table. Be effectively communicating your experience you can position yourself as a valuable asset to any organization.

All the best

Thanks
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a skill or attitude?

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jul 05, 2023

Ans: Hi,
I appreciate that you have worked for 15 years in a job.
In spite of having a successful professional career, you bravely ventured into business.
It is only 2 out of 10 that are successful in business starting from a startup. So, you are not alone in this sort of situation.
You need to be very frank and honest to the interviewer highlighting the positive points of your career. I am sure that there would be some companies who would be attracted by it and you will eventually get a good job.

Workplace Expert - Answered on Mar 29, 2024

I was doing Business for past 23 years and have been succesful in that.. After COVID my business fell apart and I am trying to regain the foothold. Although I have created a good brand, I am not able to make the Money I was making earlier. However the buisness is picking up and I knew If I could have little more patience, I will make it. However the situation demands lot of financial requirements for my lifestyle and family. They are insisiting me to go for a Job now. My business is stagnent for past few years and it is slowly showing the signs of growth now.. I do not want any waiting time due to pressing needs. I am 49 Now.. I am not sure if applying for work at this age will help as I have no idea on the Job market.. I am getting very good offers on selling my Business. Kindly advice.
Ans: Dear

There are two parts.

Emotional...how you feel attached to your business.

Rational: your financial needs and the revenue that your business is generating.

Any advise us a function of both the above aspects. Unless one knows the current revenue numbers, growth potential of the business, competition and several such factors it's not possible to share any guidance.

Hence may I suggest you talk to your CA and other colleagues of yours, look at the numbers in hard way and then take a call.

Emotional aspect can be both strength and liability... strength because it will inspire you to make business grow... liability because you may be overtly attached to your business without looking at the financial realities.

All the best.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 22, 2024

Is master degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with bachelor degree in physiotherapy enough to settle in canada

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that to settle in Canada, a master’s degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy can be sufficient. You would be glad to know that degrees earned from Canada can improve your eligibility for immigration and employment substantially. Physiotherapy being a licensed profession in Canada, I would like to tell you that you will require to get your credentials recognised by the regulatory agency in the province or territory you intend working in. This frequently entails an evaluation of your education and potentially taking additional tests, or acquiring professional experience in Canada.

Moreover, obtaining a master’s degree from a university in Canada can also assist you with the Express Entry immigration system, by raising your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, thereby, enhancing your chances of being invited to submit an application for permanent residency (PR). Furthermore, your resume can be further strengthened by adding work experience acquired in Canada via post-graduate work permits. Hence, your academic background coupled with fulfilling regulatory and immigration standards can help you settle in Canada.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Should I join Bennett University
Ans: Hello Hitesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that your academic and professional objectives, as well as your personal choices play a key role in deciding whether to join Bennett University. Founded by the Times of India Group, Bennett University, is renowned for its strong focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and industry-focused education. I would like to let you know that a vast array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with state-of-the-art infrastructure, knowledgeable teachers, as well as partnerships with international organizations are offered by this university. Not just that, Bennett University boasts a strong placement record and emphasizes on overall development via a range of extracurricular activities.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you take into account variables viz., the location, educational offerings, experience of the faculty members, and campus amenities. You should also compare it with other universities you are interested in, in terms of academic standing, career assistance, and student feedback. Lastly, in order to acquire more knowledge and assist in making an educated choice, I would recommend that you visit the campus, speak to students presently studying there, and participate in informational sessions.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.