Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 07, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Asked by Anonymous - Jan 04, 2024Hindi

am a 39 yrs old person. I have done my MBA marketing and i am hotel management graduate. I have worked for around 9 yrs in Hospital sales and 3 yrs in hotel Sales and Marketing department. Lastly i was working with a leading hospital in Pune as a deputy manager Sales. I jad to take a break of one and half year in between because of my mother was a liver patient and needed a liver transplant. Now Liver Transplant is done and it is around 7 months, she is all doing fine and good. Now on a professional front i am left jobless because of the break i had to take. I want to start my carrier again. Can you suggest how exactly should i go about. Can u recommend any other carrier other than Hospital sales with my experience and qualification that i can go into. I have liking for sales and marketing. Request you ro suggest something which is related to marketing. I will also want to mention that i am still single in life. I really want you to help me and suggest a good carrier option and also guide in regards with life ahead

Ans: Dear

You are in an advantageous position as you have experience of two sectors hospitality and hospitals. Both these sectors are doing well.

Besides seeking job in hotels and hospitals directly, apply to companies that provide services to them. You have immense opportunities in front of you, just explore them with a open mind.

All the best.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2023

Hello, I am 48 and working since 1996. Have worked with Airtel for 11 plus years and also earlier with Hutch and TTSL....majorly into telecom in my total work exp, rose to a DGM level in 2010 at Airtel with a v good CTC but had to leave them in 2017 as Jio the market disruptor had entered and no suitable role was left for me. Am an MBA in marketing and having solid work exp but somehow have not managed to land up a proper job till now ....the pandemic and the lockdown did not help at all !!! Kindly guide me and advice on how can I reboot my career. Thanks a ton, Ani
Ans: Hello Ani,

Based on your experience and education, you have a strong background in the telecom industry. However, I understand that you are facing challenges in rebooting your career.

To start, I suggest updating your resume and LinkedIn profile to showcase your skills and accomplishments in the telecom industry. Highlight your experience in leadership, marketing, and any notable achievements during your tenure with Airtel, Hutch, and TTSL.

Next, consider reaching out to your professional network and former colleagues to explore potential job opportunities in the telecom industry. This could involve attending industry events, participating in online forums and discussion groups, and reaching out to recruiters who specialize in your field.

In addition, you may want to consider expanding your skills and knowledge by taking online courses, attending workshops, or pursuing additional certifications. This can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the telecom industry and make you a more competitive candidate for job opportunities.

Lastly, it's important to remain optimistic and persistent in your job search. The pandemic has impacted many industries, but the telecom industry remains a vital part of our modern economy. With your experience and education, you have valuable skills to offer potential employers. Keep networking, building your skills, and staying up-to-date with industry trends, and I'm confident you will find a suitable role that meets your expectations.

Regards,
Abhishek

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Feb 28, 2024

I am a 39 yrs old person. I have done my MBA marketing and i am hotel management graduate. I have worked for around 9 yrs in Hospital sales and 3 yrs in hotel Sales and Marketing department. Lastly i was working with a leading hospital in Pune as a deputy manager Sales. I jad to take a break of one and half year in between because of my mother was a liver patient and needed a liver transplant. Now Liver Transplant is done and it is around 7 months, she is all doing fine and good. Now on a professional front i am left jobless because of the break i had to take. I want to start my carrier again. Can you suggest how exactly should i go about. Can u recommend any other carrier other than Hospital sales with my experience and qualification that i can go into. I have liking for sales and marketing. Request you ro suggest something which is related to marketing. I will also want to mention that i am still single in life. I really want you to help me and suggest a good carrier option and also guide in regards with life ahead.
Ans: See it's understandable that taking a break from your career was necessary during that time, and now that your mother is doing well, it's time to focus on your professional growth and development.

Given your experience and qualifications in both hotel management and marketing, along with your extensive background in sales and marketing roles in both hospitals and hotels, I would suggest
1. Many companies across various sectors require professionals with strong sales and marketing skills to promote their products or services. Your experience in B2B sales could be particularly valuable in industries such as pharmaceuticals, technology, consumer goods, or manufacturing.
2. Your experience in hotel sales and marketing could be beneficial in Event management as it requires strong networking, negotiation, and marketing skills.
3. Consider working as a sales or marketing consultant, either independently or with a consulting firm. Consultants provide advice and solutions to businesses to improve their sales and marketing strategies, optimize processes, and achieve their business objectives.
4. With your extensive experience in sales and marketing, you could consider transitioning into a role in education and training. You could become a sales or marketing trainer, teaching others about effective sales techniques, marketing strategies, and customer relationship management.

Additionally, you should also:
A. Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to highlight your skills, experiences, and achievements.
B. Consider taking online courses or certifications to enhance your skills or learn new ones relevant to your career goals.
C. Be open to temporary or part-time roles as you transition back into the workforce.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jan 09, 2024

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.