Workplace Expert - Answered on Apr 23, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.

I'm 25 working in IT,want to switch to banking sector because I can get rural posting in IBPS rrb po or clerks, as I'm from rural area , I don't like living in big metropolitan cities and cities and want to have rural life.is this gud decision for me?

Ans: Hello

Exposure that you would get in metro cities would be definitely better than those in rural side. So from career growth point of view staying in big metro cities is always advisable.

However if you are ready to compromise catter growth for what you are seeking in rural life then you can take the decision of going in rural area.

All the best.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

Hii .I'm a PSU bank manager. I have experience of 12 years. I m frustrated by the torture in banking these days. I m d only bread winner in family. I m slowly degrading my mental as well as physical health.Please advise me for some career switch option
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing in your current role. It's crucial to prioritize your mental and physical well-being, and considering a career switch can be a step toward a healthier and more fulfilling professional life.

Reflect on your skills, interests, and what aspects of your current job you enjoy or excel at. Consider taking a career assessment test to identify potential career paths aligned with your strengths and interests.

Use your banking experience to become a financial advisor or wealth manager. This role allows you to work closely with clients to manage their finances, investments, and retirement planning. You can transition to a corporate finance role within a company, focusing on financial planning, analysis, and management. You may decide to leverage your banking experience to move into risk management or compliance roles, focusing on ensuring organizations adhere to regulations and manage risks effectively.

If you enjoy mentoring and educating others, consider teaching finance, banking, or business management at educational institutions.

If you have a business idea or passion project, consider starting your own business. This allows for more control over your work environment and schedule.

You can use your extensive experience to become a consultant in banking, finance, or business operations. Consultants often have more flexible work arrangements and can work on diverse projects.

Switching careers can be daunting but also rewarding if it leads to a healthier and more satisfying professional life. However, with your experience, it should be a fairly simple thing for you to do.

Prioritize your health, do thorough research, and make a strategic plan to achieve a successful career transition.