S Question by S on Jun 15, 2021Hindi

I am in a relationship for 9 years including 4 years of marriage.

Since the day of marriage, I am having regular fights with my wife concerning my mother and sisters.

Of late, I am feeling like I have lost the love between the two of us. We have stopped talking and don’t get a chance to spend some time together.

Whenever we do, we end up arguing about past mistakes and all. We never talk about the future.

During this pandemic second wave, we came to our native place and after spending some good days, she went to her home for some days and now she is not willing to come back.

We recently had a fight over phone and stopped talking. I started calling her and talking to her but she does not seem to be in a mood to talk.

Now I have stopped talking to her.

I am a bit worried as I feel like I am left alone. Despite so many efforts towards her and her family, she finds a reason to get pissed at me every time.

I am not sure anymore what to do. I try to make her understand. We are in the same situation for 4 years.

If I don't, she won't be taking any initiative from her end.

Ans: Dear S, It does seem that you have concluded what’s going to happen before you have tried everything in the treasure chest?

Relationships can have a long life if we are willing to set aside our differences and keep egos at bay. Now read on and think deeper about these questions.

What went on between your wife and mother/sisters? Did you wife end up feeling hurt and lonely? Did she feel that you sided with your mother and sisters more than you did with her?

Constant arguments about things from the past honestly can lead to no good. It is important to know what exactly your wife feels at this very moment, but it seems like she doesn’t want to talk to you.

When you say you have made many efforts towards her and her family, why do you think, she hasn’t come back home or why has she stopped talking to you?

You did mention that she finds a reason to get pissed, but is there something that she expects from you or a certain behaviour that might help her get to an even ground?

Will involving a senior family member to talk to someone senior family member (not your mother) on her side?

With their experiences and their calm minds, they maybe able to break the ice between both sides and get the two of you to talk.

Please find a neutral member on both sides who can arrange for this in a wise manner without bringing in egos or past battles inside.

Communication must be re-established and throwing your hands up in the air may not be very useful if you want your marriage to continue.

Yes, past need not be brought back into the present, but it is necessary to understand what is going on in her mind before concluding anything.

Relationships Expert - Answered on Dec 21, 2021

I am in a relationship since nine years, including four years of marriage. Since the day of marriage, I am having regular fights with my wife concerning my mother and sisters. Of late, I am feeling like I have lost the love between the two of us. We have stopped talking and are not even getting a chance to spend some time together. Whenever we do, we end up arguing about past mistakes and all. We never talk about the future. During the second wave of the pandemic, we came to our native place. After spending some good days, she went to her home for some days and now she is not willing to come back. We recently had a fight over phone and stopped talking. Then I started calling her and talking to her but she does not seem to be in a mood to talk. Now, I have stopped talking to her. I am bit worried as I feel like I am left alone. Despite so many efforts towards her and her family , she finds a reason to get pissed about me. I am not sure anymore what to do. If I try to make her understand, then this is again the same situation happening since four years. If I don’t, then I know she won’t be taking any initiative from her side. Please suggest.

You have left out one very important piece of information. Do you and your wife live with your mother and sisters?

I know in-laws are a bone of contention in most households at some point, but it comes to such an extreme only when people are forced to cohabitate with them. And if this is the case, you need to change the living arrangements pronto.

Never mind whether your wife is right or your family is right; if you want to save your marriage and improve relations between your family and your wife, move out. Immediately.

I’d like you to write in again and tell me exactly what’s going on. And this is for both of you -- if you don’t let go of the past and forgive each other’s past mistakes, you’ll never move forward.

The idea is not to repeat them and fall into old patterns of behaviour.

You need to make a promise to each other that, when having a discussion, neither will rake up past fights unless they have an extreme bearing on the current scenario.

I've been married for 9 years and I love my wife and 2 beautiful kids infinitely. I have an issue where my voice gets raised when she taunts me, tells lies, keeps stuff hiding or that gets converted into an argument and finally, my wife stops talking with me for days/months (last time she took 2 months to start talking normally which lasted less than a month) I always apologise for my overreaction but still she cries and says I’ve sacrificed everything for you and tell me what have you sacrificed till date and to be honest I’m not a person to count the sacrifices that I do for my family because it’s my family and it’s my love & responsibility towards them. However, I keep trying by apologising and she still shows me attitude and taunts me always trying to make me realise my mistake then again I become furious and I feel like all my efforts of making life normal are going in vain which triggers a lot of pain in me and I mentally & and emotionally suffer. I many times told her that I only live for you & kids. I told her my anger would last for a few minutes but I'll become normal in some time and I also told her that I'll work on my anger & reactions in future. I told her many times that not everyone is perfect if I have 1 negative point, then I also have 1 positive point and vice versa. I now feel like I'm compromising my mental & and emotional health and she kept me also away from my physical needs when I needed the most. I don’t need anything else but support and love in the ups & downs of my life as a normal couple. I just need my wife to understand me as a human who can make mistakes and try to learn from them. I don’t know what to do as I just can’t suffer from her behaviour towards me and sometimes alone or at bedtime, I feel as if she is happy without me and doesn’t want to make our life normal as a family then why don’t I give her peace by letting her go or I end everything.
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing. It's clear that both you and your wife are experiencing significant distress, and it's important to find constructive ways to address these issues and improve your relationship. Effective communication is key to resolving conflicts and strengthening relationships. Focus on active listening, empathy, and expressing your thoughts and feelings in a calm and respectful manner. Encourage open and honest dialogue with your wife, and be willing to listen to her concerns and perspective without becoming defensive or dismissive It's commendable that you recognize the need to work on your anger and reactions. Consider seeking individual therapy or counseling to explore healthy coping mechanisms, stress management techniques, and strategies for managing anger in a constructive way. Learning to regulate your emotions can help reduce conflicts and improve communication in your relationship Make an effort to prioritize positive interactions and moments of connection in your relationship. Engage in activities that bring you joy and strengthen your bond as a couple and as a family. Celebrate each other's accomplishments, express gratitude, and show appreciation for the small gestures of love and kindness. Ultimately, every relationship requires effort, understanding, and compromise from both partners. It's important to approach these challenges with patience, compassion, and a willingness to work towards positive change. If despite your best efforts, the relationship continues to cause you significant distress and unhappiness, it may be necessary to reevaluate your options and consider what is best for your overall well-being.

I am a 41 year old married man with two sons and I make a decent living. Since few months my relationship with my wife has deteriorated significantly with no apparent reason other then finance. She is always trying to find a fault with me and as soon as she does, she just starts scolding me. I tried hard not to give her a reason to scold me, but that's making her even more frustrated as she creates even more drama when she finds a smallest of a fault which may not be necessarily mine but of my kids. She wont allow me to touch. She wont talk to me, she has this strange anger in her tone whenever she says few things to me. I am even taking her to a Foreign trip this march and we did quiet expensive trip last summer. I dont know what to do? I have tried to sit with her and talk. But no success
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing in your marriage. It sounds like you're trying hard to make things work, including taking your wife on trips to strengthen your relationship. It's positive that you've tried to sit and talk with her, even though it hasn't been successful so far.Communication is key in any relationship, so it's important to keep trying to have open and honest conversations with your wife. Perhaps you could suggest couples counseling as a way to facilitate these discussions in a more structured setting. A counselor could help both of you understand each other's perspectives and find constructive ways to address your issues. Going on trips is great, but also focus on spending quality time together in everyday life. Find activities you both enjoy and make time for each other. Ultimately, it will take effort from both you and your wife to improve your relationship. It may also be beneficial to explore the underlying reasons for the tension, such as financial stress, and work together to find solutions that address both of your needs and concerns.

Ans: It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of emotional turmoil and frustration, and it's important to find constructive ways to address these issues and improve your relationship. Effective communication is key to resolving conflicts and strengthening relationships. It's important to have open and honest conversations with your wife about your feelings, concerns, and the impact of her behavior on your well-being. Encourage her to share her perspective as well, and try to listen empathetically without becoming defensive Consider seeking individual therapy or counseling to explore healthy coping mechanisms, stress management techniques, and strategies for managing anger in a constructive way. Learning to regulate your emotions can help reduce conflicts and improve communication in your relationship Make an effort to prioritize positive interactions and moments of connection in your relationship. Engage in activities that bring you joy and strengthen your bond as a couple and as a family. Celebrate each other's accomplishments, express gratitude, and show appreciation for the small gestures of love and kindness. Ultimately, every relationship requires effort, understanding, and compromise from both partners. It's important to approach these challenges with patience, compassion, and a willingness to work towards positive change. If despite your best efforts, the relationship continues to cause you significant distress and unhappiness, it may be necessary to reevaluate your options and consider what is best for your overall well-being.

Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

Hello sir I am 37 years old male and married since 5 years and we had little girl of 4 years old. I need some advice for my relationship. We had problems in our relationship since the beginning of our engagement, as initially I was unaware of my wife's extra marital affairs when I come to know about it she told why she started to see other boy during engagement period also after our marriage as I wasn't upto her expectations, that was the time of 2019 . We had discussed about all each others expectations and solved the problem I tried to regain the confidence in our relationship but still somewhere we had fights every 5 to 6 months on different issues sometimes it's my parents sometimes it's me I dont give her time sometimes financially , in between she left my house and went to her father's home for 8 months after delivery of our baby girl, she told we are not made for each other I told her and explained all about consequences and convinced her to get her back. After that for again after 6 months we started fight with each other on different issues. But recently we fight and she lost control and slapped me and unfortunately in the vague of my anger I also slapped her and she again left me and went to her father house . It's been 1 month now we don't have contact each other because every time I only asked her for compromises and explain and convincing her to come back. This time I don't know what to do.thanks
Ans: Marriage counselling. Enlist at the earliest and see if you can fix matters, but you have to tackle one issue at a time. The infidelity, the inlaws, the lack of compatibility…there’s too many issues here.

I am 30 years(90's kid), single having 17 lacs in equity oriented mutual fund growth options, 2 Lacs in retirement benefit fund in HDFC MF growth and 15 lacs in HDFC balanced fund dividend payout for passive income. Rs.5 Lacs in PPF with annual subscription of 10k along with health insurance for Rs.10 Lacs term insurance for 1.5 cr. And traditional insurance for 4 lacs. I have no loan commitment or financial commitment and a conservative minimalist. I am living in rented house and decided not to buy house/flat. I can accomodate 10,000 monthly sip. May I request you please to suggest me whether to invest in growth fund or dividend payout
Ans: Assessing Your Current Financial Situation
You are 30 years old, single, and have no financial commitments. You have diversified investments and insurance coverage.

Existing Investments Overview
Equity-Oriented Mutual Funds: Rs. 17 lakhs in growth options
Retirement Benefit Fund in HDFC MF: Rs. 2 lakhs in growth options
HDFC Balanced Fund: Rs. 15 lakhs in dividend payout for passive income
Public Provident Fund (PPF): Rs. 5 lakhs with annual subscription of Rs. 10,000
Health Insurance: Rs. 10 lakhs
Term Insurance: Rs. 1.5 crores
Traditional Insurance: Rs. 4 lakhs
Financial Goals and Risk Appetite
Given your conservative and minimalist lifestyle, your goal is likely to grow your wealth while maintaining stability and security.

Monthly SIP Investment Strategy
You can accommodate a monthly SIP of Rs. 10,000. The choice between growth funds and dividend payout depends on your financial goals.

Benefits of Growth Funds
Growth funds reinvest the profits back into the fund. This helps in wealth accumulation over time.

Wealth Accumulation: Helps in growing your investment corpus over time.
Compounding: Reinvested earnings grow and compound over the long term.
Tax Efficiency: No tax on reinvested earnings until you sell the investment.
Benefits of Dividend Payout Funds
Dividend payout funds provide regular income through dividends. They are ideal if you need periodic income.

Regular Income: Provides periodic income through dividends.
Lower Market Volatility Impact: Less impacted by market volatility since dividends provide regular cash flow.
Reinvestment Option: You can reinvest dividends back into the fund if not needed.
Recommendations for Your SIP
Considering your conservative approach and need for growth, a mix of growth and dividend payout funds can be beneficial.

Growth Funds: Allocate a portion of your SIP to growth funds for long-term wealth accumulation.
Dividend Payout Funds: Allocate another portion to dividend payout funds for regular passive income.
Suggested Allocation
Growth Funds: Invest Rs. 6,000 monthly in growth-oriented mutual funds.
Dividend Payout Funds: Invest Rs. 4,000 monthly in dividend payout mutual funds.
Additional Considerations
Review Insurance: Ensure your health and term insurance are sufficient for your needs.
Emergency Fund: Keep an emergency fund of at least 6 months’ expenses in a liquid instrument.
Regular Review: Periodically review and adjust your investments based on your financial goals and market conditions.
Balancing growth and dividend payout funds can offer both wealth accumulation and regular income. Regularly review your investments and consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

Lumpsum investment pls advise good funds Sip investment which good funds Tax savind mutual.fund which is good fund Pls advice am 50yrs pf age want the fund giv g gopd returns in 5 to 8 yrs
Ans: Investing a lumpsum amount requires careful planning. Given your age and goals, it's important to balance risk and return. Here are some recommendations:

Diversified Equity Funds:

These funds invest in a mix of large, mid, and small-cap stocks.
They offer potential for high returns.
Suitable for a 5-8 year investment horizon.
Actively Managed Funds:

Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market.
Professional fund managers select stocks based on research.
They can provide better returns than index funds.
Debt Funds:

For lower risk, consider debt funds.
These invest in fixed-income securities.
Suitable for short to medium-term goals.
SIP Investment
Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs) help in disciplined investing. They also benefit from rupee cost averaging. Here are some options for SIP investments:

Large Cap Funds:

Invest in large, stable companies.
Lower risk compared to mid and small-cap funds.
Suitable for consistent growth.
Mid Cap Funds:

Invest in mid-sized companies.
Potential for higher growth than large-cap funds.
Suitable for medium to high-risk investors.
Small Cap Funds:

Invest in small companies with high growth potential.
Higher risk but can offer significant returns.
Suitable for long-term goals and risk-tolerant investors.
Tax-Saving Mutual Funds
Tax-saving mutual funds, also known as ELSS, provide tax benefits under Section 80C. They have a lock-in period of 3 years. Here are some benefits:

Equity-Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS):
Offer tax deductions up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
Invest in equity markets for potential high returns.
Shortest lock-in period among tax-saving options.
To achieve good returns in 5-8 years, consider the following strategy:

Diversification:

Spread investments across equity, debt, and tax-saving funds.
This reduces risk and maximizes returns.
Professional Guidance:

Invest through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
Regular funds through an MFD with CFP credentials offer support and professional advice.
Index funds track a specific market index. However, they have some disadvantages:

No Active Management:

They replicate the index and cannot outperform it.
They miss out on potential gains from market inefficiencies.
Market Risk:

They are subject to overall market risk.
They do not protect against downturns in the index.
Actively managed funds have several advantages:

Professional Management:

Experienced fund managers make investment decisions.
They can identify and exploit market opportunities.
Potential for Higher Returns:

They can adjust their portfolios based on market conditions.
Investing at 50 requires a balanced approach. Focus on diversifying across equity, debt, and tax-saving funds. Use SIPs for disciplined investing and consider actively managed funds for potential higher returns. Avoid direct investments and index funds due to their limitations. Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner to tailor your investments to your goals.

Hai sir I am working in The Singareni Collieries Company Limited My gross salary 65000 Net salary 45000/- In that 25500 are regular chit which at end in 05.02.2025 I had two kids and age is one month both. How to slip the income and start investment in sip and mutual fund. The income should get at the age 20 of my children for education
You have a gross salary of Rs 65,000. Your net salary is Rs 45,000. You have two young children, aged one month each. Rs 25,500 is tied up in a regular chit, maturing on 05.02.2025.

Understanding Financial Goals
Your main goal is to save for your children’s education. You want the income to be available when they turn 20.

Income Splitting and Investment Strategy
To achieve your goal, a systematic investment approach is crucial. Consider splitting your income as follows:

Essential Expenses: Allocate funds for household and daily expenses.

Emergency Fund: Keep aside money for emergencies, about 3-6 months of expenses.

Investment in SIP: Start a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) in mutual funds for long-term growth.

Benefits of SIP in Mutual Funds
SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly. It helps in rupee cost averaging and compounding.

Disciplined Savings: SIP ensures regular savings without market timing worries.

Long-Term Growth: Equity mutual funds can offer higher returns over a long period.

Flexibility: SIPs can be started with a small amount and increased over time.

Choosing the Right Mutual Funds
Invest in actively managed funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Actively managed funds have professionals making investment decisions.

Active Management: Professionals actively manage the funds, aiming for better returns.

Research and Analysis: Fund managers conduct thorough research before making investments.

Performance Tracking: Regularly track the performance and make necessary adjustments.

Steps to Start SIP and Mutual Fund Investments
Here’s a step-by-step guide to start investing:

Assess Monthly Savings: After essential expenses and emergency fund, assess how much you can invest.

Select Funds: Choose a mix of equity and debt funds for a balanced portfolio.

Start SIP: Initiate SIP with the chosen mutual funds.

Review and Adjust: Periodically review your investments and adjust if needed.

Planning for Long-Term Goals
Your children’s education is a long-term goal. Starting early gives you the advantage of compounding.

Start Early: Begin investments as early as possible for better growth.

Regular Contributions: Ensure regular contributions to the SIP.

Review Goals: Review your financial goals periodically and adjust investments accordingly.

Evaluating Investment Options
While choosing funds, consider factors such as:

Fund Performance: Look at the past performance of the funds.

Fund Manager: Consider the experience and track record of the fund manager.

Expense Ratio: Lower expense ratios can lead to better net returns.

To achieve your goal, start investing in SIPs and mutual funds. Ensure regular contributions and periodic reviews. Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

Dear sir, My husband retaired from tyre factory He earned 1 Lack permonthly. We spend money for children education and we bought one house. Now my husband pension just 4000 and my salary 50k only. My two son are studying. How i will manage current economic situation. After retairement at the age what job he can do? Please give suggestion.
Ans: Current Financial Situation Analysis
Let's assess your current financial situation and explore potential solutions to manage it better.

Income Sources:

Your husband's pension: Rs 4,000
Your salary: Rs 50,000
Major Expenses:

Children's education
Household expenses
Housing costs
It seems that your combined income is Rs 54,000 per month. However, managing with this amount, given your expenses, is challenging.

Immediate Financial Management Steps
Budgeting:

Create a detailed budget. Include all expenses: education, groceries, utilities, and housing.
Track spending and identify areas to cut costs.

Maintain an emergency fund. It should cover at least 3-6 months of expenses.
If you don’t have one, start building it slowly by saving a small amount each month.
Debt Management:

Prioritize paying off high-interest debts first.
Avoid taking on new debt if possible.
Increasing Income
Part-Time Jobs:

Your husband can explore part-time or freelance work. Options include consulting, tutoring, or clerical work.
Websites like Freelancer, Upwork, or local classifieds can offer opportunities.
Skill Development:

Invest in courses or training programs to enhance skills.
This can open up new job opportunities with better pay.
Utilize Assets:

If you have assets like property or gold, consider renting out space or selling non-essential items.
Education Planning
Scholarships and Grants:

Look for scholarships and grants for your children’s education. Many organizations offer financial aid based on merit or need.
Research online or consult school advisors for available options.
Education Loans:

Consider taking education loans if necessary. Choose options with favorable interest rates and repayment terms.
Mutual Funds:

Invest in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner. They provide professional management and diversify risk.
Opt for regular funds rather than direct funds. Regular funds offer professional advice and support from a CFP.
Avoid Real Estate Investment:

Given your current financial situation, avoid investing in real estate. It requires significant capital and is not liquid.
Actively Managed Funds:

Prefer actively managed funds over index funds. Actively managed funds have the potential for higher returns as they are professionally managed to outperform the market.
Long-Term Planning
Retirement Planning:

Ensure you are saving for retirement. Invest in options like PPF or NPS.
Consult a Certified Financial Planner to create a retirement plan tailored to your needs.
Insurance:

Ensure you have adequate life and health insurance coverage.
It protects against unforeseen circumstances and reduces financial burden during emergencies.
Managing your current economic situation requires careful planning and disciplined financial management.

Focus on budgeting, increasing income, and making informed investment choices. Seek scholarships for education and invest in mutual funds with professional guidance.

Your husband can explore part-time job opportunities to supplement the household income.

Dear sir, I am a railway employee, I am covered under NPS Scheme, can I also open a vpf and PPF account simultaneously with my nps savings?
Ans: Assessing the Possibility of Multiple Savings Schemes
You are covered under the NPS Scheme. It's great to see you considering other savings options. Yes, you can open both a VPF and a PPF account simultaneously with your NPS savings.

Benefits of Opening a VPF Account
The Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF) is a good option. It offers the same interest rate as the EPF. Contributions are voluntary, and you can choose how much to invest.

Tax Benefits: Contributions to VPF are eligible for tax deduction under Section 80C.

Risk-Free Returns: The returns are guaranteed and risk-free.

Long-Term Savings: Helps in building a substantial corpus over time.

Benefits of Opening a PPF Account
The Public Provident Fund (PPF) is another excellent option. It is backed by the government, ensuring safety and stable returns.

Tax Benefits: Contributions to PPF are eligible for tax deduction under Section 80C.

Tax-Free Interest: The interest earned is tax-free.

Long-Term Investment: It has a lock-in period of 15 years, encouraging long-term savings.

Combining NPS with VPF and PPF
Combining NPS, VPF, and PPF can provide a balanced portfolio. Each scheme has its unique benefits. Together, they can help you achieve financial stability and security.

Diversification: Spreading your investments across these schemes reduces risk.

Tax Efficiency: Maximizes your tax benefits under different sections of the Income Tax Act.

Stable Returns: Ensures a mix of market-linked and fixed returns.

Professional Insight on Investment Strategy
It is prudent to diversify your investments. Each of these schemes offers different benefits and serves different financial goals.

Risk Management: NPS provides market-linked returns which can be volatile. VPF and PPF provide stability.

Flexibility: NPS allows partial withdrawals for specific needs. PPF has a lock-in but can be partially withdrawn after 7 years. VPF can be withdrawn under certain conditions.

Retirement Planning: These schemes together can create a substantial retirement corpus.

Additional Considerations
While these schemes offer many benefits, consider your financial goals. Assess your risk appetite and investment horizon.

Regular Monitoring: Keep track of your investments. Adjust them based on your financial goals and market conditions.

Consult a CFP: For a personalized plan, consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can help tailor an investment strategy to meet your specific needs.

Balancing NPS, VPF, and PPF can be a smart move. It provides a diversified portfolio with tax benefits, stability, and growth potential. Regularly review and adjust your investments to ensure they align with your financial goals.