I am a PCMB student, currently in 12th grade. I am anxious and feel pressured. I don't know what I should do. I sat up late nights thinking what to do in life while crying but I am confused and lost.

Ans: It’s completely normal to feel overwhelmed, especially when you’re in 12th grade and facing big decisions about your future. You care a lot about what’s ahead, and that’s a good thing, but it’s also making you anxious and confused.

Take a moment to breathe and remind yourself that it’s okay not to have everything figured out right now. You’re not alone in feeling this way; many people around you have probably felt the same at some point. Talk to someone you trust about your feelings—sharing your worries can make them feel less heavy.

Think about what truly makes you happy and fulfilled, whether it’s a particular subject in school or an activity outside of it. These moments can give you clues about what you might want to pursue in the future. Remember, it’s okay to explore different paths and take your time to find what feels right.

Life isn’t a race. Give yourself permission to take one step at a time and be kind to yourself in the process. You’re doing your best, and that’s enough.

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Dec 27, 2022

Hi Anu, I'm here to let my feelings out. I'm 23 years old, working in IT. I have never been a person orientated towards studies not just now but even as a kid. I never knew that this would take a toll on my life like this. I'm. Not happy with my job. I'm not passionate about it. Clearly I'm not performing well. Neither am I trying to. It's been a long time since I felt like I have things in control. Right now I can't control myself, my feelings, my thoughts, my brain process. After the lockdown began I have totally lost everything that I was left with. It's been a very long time since I have been happy about what's happening in life. I don't know what to do. I was depressed for 3 years due to break up. I think meeting that person made my life upside down. It was a very bad influence on me. He was a narcissist. Which is what has made like this today I guess. I have nothing in control, I don't know if I'll be able to make things right in my life, if I'll ever be better again. There's too much confusion, fear, pain and sadness inside of me. I'm stuck in the same place for years now. I have no confidence to do anything. I don't believe in myself, I cannot talk to myself in a good way. If something wrong happens to me today, I accept it. I do not have the strength to fight against or for anything. I feel hollow. I feel like there is absolutely nothing inside of me left. I feel like there nothing I can do to make my life better. The solution to make this right for my family is to k*** myself. Because I don't see hope. Even though I have dreams, I don't believe in myself that I will be able to fulfil them. Because I don't have the spark of life in me. Everything inside me dead. I don’t know what to do. I don’t even know if you'll be able to help me. But I'm not able to deal with myself. The pity I have on myself. The disgust I have on myself.

Dear S,

It’s like being unsettled has become a way of life. And you haven’t become aware that what you are living with in terms of uncertainty is mostly self-created.

You are seeing it with academics, work, relationships. It’s a pattern which must be broken provided you wish to see a massive change in your life.

Ask yourself:

1. What do I seek from life?
2. Where do I see myself in the professional space?
3. What do I wish for in a relationship/partner?

Now, check if your thoughts and behaviours align with what you wish for.

For eg: If you are looking at losing weight, if your behaviour is no exercise and reaching out for a midnight snack, you will never get to what you wish for.

So, if you want to feel more certain and have a certain level of wellbeing and grip in your life, you need to come up with some sort of fool proof plan and stick with it.

If you haven’t been very fine with academics, surely you can still put your best foot forward in your workplace taking more initiatives and thinking about how to grow there.

With relationships, start asking yourself, how can I add value to my partner?

It’s time you took responsibility for your choices and its results. So, if you want massive changes in the results, change the way you think and do things.

Am I getting through to you here?

Nothing is dead; you just have to inspire yourself to think and do different.

So, self-pity isn’t going to get you anywhere.

If he was a narcissist, good things didn’t work out…time to move on rather than make more excuses for your life not going anywhere.

Do you know now what you must do? Just Step Up!

Best wishes!

I am jee aspirant and couldn't clear it . I was sure that in 2nd attempt i will do it for sure but when I saw the results they broke my courage. I convinced my self its ok u have many other options but after seeing my cbse 12th results its hard that there is any option left for me. I thought for bits pilani but I am not getting aggregate above than 75% . Now , I have no courage to start again . I am depressed what should I should do. There isn't any single day that I am not scolded for my marks and mistakes . Even now my parents aren't that much supportive like they were . It feels like just because u can't clear ur entrance exam , ur everything is judged. My parents are saying of taking drop but its hard for to take a drop. I don't know what should I do. Every day its getting hard to live thinking that again someone will come and make me count my mistakes.
Ans: Dear Yashasvi,
You win some, you lose some...that is LIFE...

Instead of feeling down and out, pick yourself up and figure out what you want to do next...what are the other options that you are yet to consider. feeling sorry for yourself is not going to push you to make a future.
You can't change what's happened but you can certainly choose how you want things to move ahead...
So shake this low feeling and feeling sorry for yourself off and seek the advice of a senior who you look up to or someone in your family who can guide you on the next steps.
It helps involving someone to help you at this time as you are deep into it already. This person can play the role of giving you independent advice and suggestions without judging you.

1. Seek someone who is a role model to guide you
2. Look ahead instead of harping on what has happened
3. Use failure as a form of feedback from where you can learn
4. Spend at least a month away from academics to rework strategies on how to study effectively
5. Smile through challenges as they only help you grow

And if you still feel that your parents are being supportive, do let them know that you need more of their love and care.

Sir as i do partial drop with bsc i decided to give my third attempt in last but at end 3 months before my exams i feel ill ,my both college exam and this exam come college exam finish exactly 1 day ago i am always a topper in school ,college but i feel like devested i am 19 soon to be 20 i know i can't give my 100 percent but i feel like dead now getting depressed as my brother ,sister get their respective dream college i am still struggling i feel like a lost ,failure ,directionless ,defeated daily i feel like miserable althought it not my fault I feel bad like how miserable i become because of that i can't even focus a single thing i even started eating less food ,locking myself ,silence nobody is mocking me but i feel like i lost myself how should I will be successful again Being doctor is my always dream ,i standup on my own 2 times but now i feel like devested can you please tell me how to get harmony and again in my life and be successful
Ans: I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, but I can offer some guidance and support to help you regain your motivation and find success again.

Recognize that setbacks are normal: It's important to understand that setbacks and challenges are a part of life. Many successful individuals have faced failures before achieving their goals. It's essential to see this phase as a temporary setback rather than a reflection of your worth or abilities.

Take care of your mental and physical health: Your well-being should be your top priority. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, eating nutritious meals, and engaging in regular exercise. Taking care of your physical health can positively impact your mental well-being and help you regain focus and motivation.

Seek support: Talk to someone you trust about your feelings. It could be a family member, friend, or a professional counselor. Sharing your emotions can provide relief and help you gain a fresh perspective on your situation. Additionally, professional guidance can assist you in developing coping strategies and setting realistic goals.

Set small, achievable goals: Rather than overwhelming yourself with the pressure of becoming successful immediately, break down your ultimate goal of becoming a doctor into smaller, manageable steps. Celebrate each milestone you achieve, no matter how small. This will help you stay motivated and build momentum.

Learn from your experiences: Reflect on the challenges you've faced and the mistakes you've made. Use them as opportunities for growth and learning. Understand that setbacks can provide valuable lessons that contribute to future success. Embrace a growth mindset that sees failures as stepping stones toward improvement.

Rediscover your passion: Reconnect with your love for becoming a doctor. Remember why you initially pursued this dream and the impact you hope to make in people's lives. Reignite your passion by researching inspiring stories, engaging in related activities, or volunteering in healthcare settings.

Develop a routine and study plan: Establish a structured routine that includes dedicated study time. Break down your syllabus into manageable portions and create a study plan to cover all the necessary topics. Consistency and discipline will help you regain focus and make progress toward your goals.

Celebrate your strengths: Acknowledge your past achievements and the strengths that have helped you succeed in the past. Remind yourself of your abilities and the qualities that make you unique. Cultivating a positive self-image can boost your confidence and motivation.

Stay positive and resilient: Avoid dwelling on negative thoughts or comparing yourself to others. Remember that everyone has their own journey, and success comes at different times for different people. Maintain a positive outlook, even during challenging times, and believe in your ability to overcome obstacles.

Take breaks and practice self-care: It's important to take breaks and engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation. Engage in hobbies, spend time with loved ones, or engage in mindfulness practices like meditation or yoga. Self-care is essential for maintaining a healthy balance in life.

Remember, success is a journey, and setbacks are part of the process. Stay resilient, believe in yourself, and keep moving forward. With determination, perseverance, and the right support, you can regain your harmony, rediscover your path, and achieve your dreams.

Dear Sir, I am 53 years old having monthly income of Rs. 1,75,000/-. No loan liability. Built own house, daughter 21 yrs, Son 19 yrs. I have no experience of passive income like SIP, MF, etc. pls guide me how should I start investment in SIP and MF?
Ans: You are 53 years old with a monthly income of Rs 1,75,000. You have no loan liabilities and own your house. You have a 21-year-old daughter and a 19-year-old son. You have no experience with passive income investments like SIP and mutual funds.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goals could be:

Building a retirement corpus
Funding your children's education or marriage
Ensuring financial security
Setting Up Your Investment Plan
Ensure you have an emergency fund to cover at least 6-12 months of expenses. This should be your first priority.

Emergency Fund: Rs 10-12 lakh
Understanding SIP and Mutual Funds
SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly in a mutual fund scheme. It helps in averaging the cost and reduces market volatility risks.

Benefits: Disciplined investing, rupee cost averaging, and compounding.
Mutual funds pool money from many investors to invest in securities like stocks, bonds, and other assets. They are managed by professional fund managers.

Types of Mutual Funds:
Equity Funds: Invest in stocks; high risk, high return.
Debt Funds: Invest in bonds; lower risk, stable return.
Balanced Funds: Mix of equity and debt; moderate risk and return.
Starting Your Investment
Step-by-Step Guide to Start SIP and Mutual Funds
Step 1: Assess Your Risk Appetite
Determine how much risk you are willing to take. Generally, at your age, a balanced approach is advisable.

Step 2: Define Your Investment Goals
Set clear goals for each investment, such as retirement, children's education, or marriage.

Step 3: Choose the Right Mutual Funds
Opt for a mix of equity and debt funds to balance risk and return.

Equity Funds: For long-term growth.
Debt Funds: For stability and regular income.
Balanced Funds: For a mix of growth and stability.
Step 4: Start SIPs
Invest regularly through SIPs. This will help in averaging the cost and reducing market volatility risks.

Monthly SIP Allocation: Start with a portion of your disposable income.
Suggested Allocation
Monthly SIP Allocation
Allocate Rs 50,000 monthly across different mutual funds through SIPs.

Equity Funds SIP: Rs 25,000
Debt Funds SIP: Rs 15,000
Balanced Funds SIP: Rs 10,000
Diversify your investments to reduce risk and enhance returns.

Sectoral Diversification: Invest across various sectors.
Geographical Diversification: Consider international funds for global exposure.
Regular Monitoring and Review
Review your investment portfolio regularly to ensure it aligns with your goals. Make adjustments based on market conditions and personal financial changes.

Quarterly Reviews: Assess performance and adjust as needed.
Consult a Certified Financial Planner
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can provide personalized investment strategies and help you navigate the complexities of mutual funds and SIPs.

Personalized Advice: Tailored to your financial goals.
Regular Reviews: Ensure your investments stay aligned with your goals.
Starting investments in SIPs and mutual funds at 53 can provide a secure financial future. Begin with an emergency fund, assess your risk appetite, and set clear investment goals. Diversify your investments between equity, debt, and balanced funds through SIPs. Regularly review your portfolio and seek the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner for optimal results.

Hi sir I recently loss my job and I have personal Emi and taken loans from apps. which is aroundly have to pay Emi 35 k in a month and loan apps like Paytm , moneyview daliy calling and threating . I worried and I should not have focussed on anything. Please help from this situation
Ans: Losing a job and facing debt can be overwhelming. It is important to act swiftly to manage your financial situation.

Assess Your Financial Situation
List All Debts:

EMI of Rs. 35,000 per month.
Loans from various apps like Paytm and MoneyView.
Prioritize Debts:

Identify which debts have the highest interest rates.
Focus on these high-interest loans first.
Create a Budget
Calculate Monthly Expenses:

List essential expenses (rent, utilities, groceries).
Identify non-essential expenses you can cut.
Allocate Funds:

Ensure you cover essential expenses first.
Allocate remaining funds towards debt repayment.
Communicate with Lenders
Contact Loan Providers:

Explain your job loss situation.
Request for a temporary reduction or deferment in EMI payments.
Negotiate Repayment Terms:

Ask for extended repayment periods.
Request for lower interest rates if possible.
Seek Professional Help
Certified Financial Planner:

Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.
They can help you create a debt management plan.
Credit Counseling Services:

Consider reaching out to credit counseling services.
They can negotiate with creditors on your behalf.
Increase Income Sources
Look for Temporary Work:

Consider part-time or freelance work.
Explore gig economy jobs like food delivery or ride-sharing.
Sell Unnecessary Assets:

Sell items you no longer need.
Use the proceeds to pay off debts.
Emergency Measures

If you have an emergency fund, use it to cover essential expenses.
Avoid depleting it completely, keep some funds for unforeseen emergencies.
Friends and Family:

Consider borrowing from trusted friends or family.
Ensure you create a clear repayment plan to avoid misunderstandings.
Legal and Supportive Measures
Understand Your Rights:

Familiarize yourself with the laws regarding debt collection.
Loan apps must follow legal protocols; report any harassment.
Emotional Support:

Seek support from friends, family, or support groups.
Managing stress and mental health is crucial during this time.
Facing job loss and debt can be daunting. Take immediate steps to manage your finances. Prioritize essential expenses and debt repayment. Communicate with lenders and seek professional help. Look for temporary income sources and consider selling unnecessary assets. Protect your mental health and seek support from loved ones. With a strategic approach, you can navigate this difficult period and regain financial stability.

I wanted to create my first crore by investing in stock or mutual fund.please advise my current monthly investment are as follows 5k in ulip,10k in other ulip (for five years so that I can reinvest after five years again that amount) 10k psu direct mutual fund 4k in other mutual fund. 3k in digital gold. 1lakh one time in quant for five years And 31k in PF+epf And my home loan 23k and personal loan 25k. Please guide me.
Ans: Evaluating Your Current Investments and Liabilities

Let's first understand your current financial position and investments. You are investing in various avenues and also have significant loans to manage.

Monthly Investments

ULIPs: Rs 5,000 + Rs 10,000
PSU Direct Mutual Fund: Rs 10,000
Other Mutual Fund: Rs 4,000
Digital Gold: Rs 3,000
One-time Investment in Quant: Rs 1 lakh (for five years)
PF + EPF: Rs 31,000
Monthly Liabilities

Home Loan EMI: Rs 23,000
Personal Loan EMI: Rs 25,000
Goals and Strategy to Reach Your First Crore

Your goal is to create a corpus of Rs 1 crore by investing in stocks or mutual funds. Let's outline a plan to achieve this.

Reassessing ULIPs

ULIPs combine insurance and investment. However, they often have high charges and lower returns compared to pure investment products.

Action Step: Consider stopping new investments in ULIPs once the lock-in period ends. Redirect this money to mutual funds for better returns.
Focusing on Mutual Funds

Mutual funds, particularly actively managed funds, can provide better returns. You already invest in PSU direct mutual funds and other mutual funds.

PSU Direct Mutual Fund: Direct funds may lack professional advice. Consider switching to regular funds managed by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) for better guidance.
Other Mutual Fund: Evaluate performance and ensure it's aligned with your goals.
Digital Gold Investment

Digital gold is convenient but may not offer the best returns compared to equity mutual funds.

Action Step: Consider reducing or stopping investments in digital gold and reallocating to equity mutual funds.
Optimizing One-time Investment in Quant

You have invested Rs 1 lakh in Quant for five years. Ensure it aligns with your risk tolerance and goals. Regular review is essential.

EPF and PF Contributions

Your EPF and PF contributions are significant and provide stability. Continue these contributions for a secure retirement.

Managing Loans

Your home loan and personal loan EMIs total Rs 48,000 per month. High EMIs can strain your finances.

Action Step: Prioritize repaying the personal loan due to higher interest rates. Once the personal loan is cleared, consider using the freed-up amount to invest more in mutual funds.
Suggested Investment Strategy

1. Equity Mutual Funds

Diversify Across Categories: Invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds for a balanced portfolio.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): Continue or start SIPs in diversified equity mutual funds.
2. Reducing ULIP Contributions

Reinvest in Mutual Funds: Once the ULIP lock-in period ends, redirect funds to equity mutual funds for higher returns.
3. Professional Guidance

Certified Financial Planner (CFP): A CFP can help you choose the right funds and strategies.
4. Emergency Fund

Maintain Liquidity: Keep an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses in a savings account or liquid funds.
Action Steps for a 1 Crore Corpus

Stop New ULIP Investments: Redirect to equity mutual funds.
Review and Switch PSU Direct Fund: Consider regular funds with CFP guidance.
Reduce Digital Gold Investment: Reallocate to equity mutual funds.
Prioritize Loan Repayment: Focus on clearing the personal loan first.
Increase SIPs in Equity Mutual Funds: Once loans are repaid, increase SIP contributions.
Regular Review

Regularly review your investment portfolio and adjust as needed. Stay informed about market trends and consult with a CFP for ongoing advice.

To achieve your first crore, focus on equity mutual funds, reduce investments in ULIPs and digital gold, and prioritize loan repayments. Regularly review and adjust your investments with the guidance of a Certified Financial Planner.

Hi Team My before tax salary is roughly 5.6 lakh per month and I am hoping to get 3.75 in had (after tax and pf cut) I just took a car loan and planning to secure home loan which will cost me 1.25 lakh per month together. My monthly expenses are 1 lakh roughly That's leaves me another 1.5 lakh which I need to invest I am confused between keeping that in savings account for sbi max saver to pay lower intreste along Or Invest lakh into MF and rest 50 in max savings. Which option would be better and if I choose to go with MF options can you suggest few MF to balance my portfolio Thanks in advance
Ans: You have a before-tax salary of Rs 5.6 lakh per month and an after-tax salary of Rs 3.75 lakh. Your car loan and planned home loan together cost Rs 1.25 lakh per month. Your monthly expenses are roughly Rs 1 lakh. This leaves you with Rs 1.5 lakh for investments.

Evaluating Investment Options
You are considering whether to keep money in a savings account like SBI Max Saver or invest in mutual funds (MF). Let’s evaluate these options.

Savings Account (SBI Max Saver)
The SBI Max Saver account allows you to save on interest by offsetting your home loan balance with your savings.

Benefits: Reduces interest on home loan, offers liquidity, and safe.
Drawbacks: Lower returns compared to mutual funds.
Mutual funds offer the potential for higher returns through various investment options, but with higher risk compared to savings accounts.

Benefits: Higher returns, variety of options, and long-term growth.
Drawbacks: Market risk, not as liquid as savings account.
Suggested Investment Strategy
Hybrid Approach
A hybrid approach can balance the benefits of both options.

Invest Rs 1 lakh in Mutual Funds: For higher returns.
Keep Rs 50,000 in SBI Max Saver: For liquidity and interest offset.
Benefits of a Hybrid Approach
Risk Management: Diversifies risk between safe savings and higher-return investments.
Liquidity: Ensures you have liquid funds for emergencies.
Debt Reduction: Helps in reducing home loan interest through SBI Max Saver.
Choosing Mutual Funds
Actively Managed Funds
Actively managed funds can outperform the market with strategic decisions by professional fund managers.

Professional Management: Expert fund managers handle your investments.
Flexibility: Adapt to market changes effectively.
Suggested Allocation for Mutual Funds
Large-Cap Funds: For stability and steady returns.
Mid-Cap Funds: For growth potential.
Small-Cap Funds: For higher returns but with more risk.
Balanced Funds: For a mix of equity and debt.
Investment Allocation
Monthly Allocation
Allocate Rs 1 lakh across different mutual funds through SIPs (Systematic Investment Plans).

Large-Cap SIP: Rs 40,000
Mid-Cap SIP: Rs 30,000
Small-Cap SIP: Rs 20,000
Balanced SIP: Rs 10,000

Regular Monitoring and Review

Balancing your investments between SBI Max Saver and mutual funds can provide both liquidity and higher returns. Invest Rs 1 lakh in a diversified portfolio of mutual funds and keep Rs 50,000 in the SBI Max Saver account to reduce your home loan interest. Regularly review your investments to stay on track with your financial goals.

Hello, Good day I am 38 years old, living in Bangalore. Married with no kids (don't plan on having any either) and a dog. I earn about 1.3L per month, no liabilities/loans & own my own house valued around 3.5 Cr. I have about 1.2L invested in the share market since I am new to it, about 23 L invested into mutual funds with an SIP of 40k per month, 13L in EPF and I have about 4L saved as emergency funds invested in SBI Ultra short duration fund and about 40 L in gold assets. I also pay a premium of 2L per year towards Tata aia life insurance - Smart Income Plus wihich will give a regular payout by 2027. My monthly expenses come to around 60k ( without SIP's and Premiums), our house expenses are shared between me and my wife. I will be inheriting a sum of around 4.2 Cr shortly and need advise on how best to make this work for me and my retirement. I would like to retire between the age of 45 to 47 yo. My expectation from this inheritance is to get an additional income of 2L per month and for the capital to grow at a reasonable rate of about 8 to 10 % post the 2L payout. My resk apperite is medum to moderate and would like to protect atleast the capital. Kindly Advise.
Ans: Financial Assessment
You are 38 years old with no children and a dog. You earn Rs. 1.3 lakh per month and own a house worth Rs. 3.5 crore. Your investments include:

Rs. 1.2 lakh in the share market
Rs. 23 lakh in mutual funds with Rs. 40,000 SIP per month
Rs. 13 lakh in EPF
Rs. 4 lakh in an emergency fund in an ultra-short duration fund
Rs. 40 lakh in gold assets
Rs. 2 lakh per year in Tata AIA Life Insurance - Smart Income Plus
You will inherit Rs. 4.2 crore and wish to retire by 45-47 years with an additional monthly income of Rs. 2 lakh and capital growth of 8-10%.

Current Investment Strategy
Share Market
Advantages:

Potential for high returns.

Diversifies your portfolio.

Disadvantages:

High volatility.

Requires active management.

Advantages:

Professional management.

Diversification across sectors.

Disadvantages:

Management fees.

Market-linked risks.

EPF
Advantages:

Safe and secure.

Tax benefits.

Disadvantages:

Limited liquidity.

Lower returns compared to equities.

Advantages:

Provides liquidity.

Low-risk investment.

Disadvantages:

Lower returns.

Limited growth potential.

Gold Assets
Advantages:

Hedge against inflation.

Safe and tangible asset.

Disadvantages:

Limited income generation.

Price volatility.

Life Insurance
Advantages:

Provides life cover.

Future regular payouts.

Disadvantages:

High premiums.

Limited investment growth.

Recommendations for Inherited Funds
Invest a portion in equity mutual funds for growth.

Allocation: Rs. 1.5 crore

Reason: Potential for high returns.

Strategy: Diversify across large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.

Invest in debt mutual funds for stability.

Allocation: Rs. 1 crore

Reason: Provides regular income.

Strategy: Choose funds with moderate risk and stable returns.

Hybrid Funds
Hybrid funds balance growth and income.

Allocation: Rs. 50 lakh

Reason: Balanced risk and return.

Strategy: Invest in balanced advantage or equity hybrid funds.

Use SWP for regular monthly income.

Allocation: Rs. 1 crore in debt and hybrid funds

Reason: Provides Rs. 2 lakh per month.

Strategy: Set up a SWP to withdraw Rs. 2 lakh monthly.

Diversified Equity Portfolio
Invest a portion in direct equities for potential high returns.

Allocation: Rs. 50 lakh

Reason: Leverage stock market growth.

Strategy: Diversify across different sectors and companies.

Review and Rebalance
Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to align with your goals.

Frequency: Quarterly or semi-annually

Adjustments: Based on market conditions and personal goals.

To retire by 45-47 years with an additional Rs. 2 lakh per month, allocate your inherited funds wisely. Invest in a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds. Use a Systematic Withdrawal Plan for regular income. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio. This strategy aligns with your financial goals and risk profile, ensuring a secure and prosperous retirement.

Hi, sorry it's a very long post My mother is 60year old homemaker(nil income) and father is 68yr old retired govt employee (recieving pension).we are 3 children [2 daughters ( all aged between 30-40yr)]to our parents.All of us are married and earning for our livelihood. We sisters are contributing to parents health insurance and other financial things since we started earning and even after marriage ( as my father is an alcoholic too not looking after the household well).Mother has a property in her name given to her by her father as a gift deed. Father had one house and a plot in his name and some ancestral property. Brother went to abroad for studies in 2018 and came back in 2020. He had a girlfriend since his college days( he married to her in 2022, never had objection from anyone of family members ). Since his arrival, he and his girlfriend started involving in all financial matters of my maternal house to the extent he was using my father's debit card for his own use( father says he has given card to brother willfully). Brother wanted to construct a commercial building in my mother's property. He and my father started threatening my mother to register her property ( actually located near Brother's girlfriend house) in name of brother saying if she doesn't agree ,they won't marry off my sister( who got married in 2022 in the presence of grandparents, mother and myself and both my father and brother didn't attend the marriage). They even extracted money from mother's account (which was given now and then to her by me and my sister).During all these process even brother's girlfriend ( wanted a source of income by renting my parents house)also started abusing my mother and involved in all financial matters ( that freedom was given to her by father and brother as my mother was suppressed and we sisters were not aware of things going on). Everything led to the abandonment of my mother who stayed in her friend's place then I brought her to my house. Now after 3 years ( during the course our wellwishers tried counselling and mediation between my father, brother and mother without sisters which didn't work out). my brother got my parents house( and a plot which was in my father's name) registered to his name as a gift deed from my father without informing mother. All the documents of the property gift deeded to my mother by her father is with my brother and father. They are threatening my mother if she enters her own property. Now my mother has no place and income though she had contributed extensively to upliftment of the family all over these years. She ran a grocery store for 15years during which one plot was bought and house was built in that. Another plot was bought after my parents marriage with the help of dowry money given to my father ) but all the properties were registered in my father's name. She has her contribution financially, emotionally and physically. Now doesn't my mother has right to ask back the house and the property given to my brother without her knowledge and to ask for maintenance from my father and also sue all three of them for mental and physical torture..? We sisters want her to lead a peaceful life in her final years of her life.. please guide us.
Ans: Evaluating Your Mother’s Rights

Your mother has been through a lot. Let's explore her legal and financial rights. She deserves to live peacefully in her final years.

Legal Rights Over Property

Your mother owns property gifted by her father. She has full rights over this property. The property can’t be taken without her consent. If your brother and father took documents, this is illegal.

Action Steps for Property

Retrieve Documents: Seek legal help to get back property documents.
Consult a Lawyer: Discuss the possibility of reclaiming the property.
File a Complaint: If threatened, your mother can file a police complaint.
Maintenance from Your Father

Your father has a duty to support your mother. She can claim maintenance from him. This can be done through legal channels.

Action Steps for Maintenance

Seek Legal Advice: A lawyer can help your mother file for maintenance.
Family Court: File a petition in family court for maintenance.
Right to Ancestral Property

Your mother contributed to the family. She can claim a share in ancestral property. The law supports her right to ancestral property.

Action Steps for Ancestral Property

Legal Consultation: Discuss the possibility of claiming ancestral property.
File a Suit: If needed, file a suit for partition of ancestral property.
Mental and Physical Torture

Your mother faced mental and physical torture. This is a serious issue. She can seek legal action against your brother, father, and sister-in-law.

Action Steps for Torture

File a Complaint: Lodge a complaint with the police for harassment.
Protection Orders: Seek protection orders from the court.
Health Insurance and Financial Support

You and your sister have supported your parents. Continue to ensure health insurance coverage. Your mother may need financial support until her rights are restored.

Action Steps for Financial Support

Joint Efforts: Continue supporting your mother financially.
Plan for Future: Set up a fund for your mother’s needs.
Investments for Secure Future

Consider investing in mutual funds for your mother’s secure future. Regular funds with the help of a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) are beneficial. Avoid direct funds due to lack of professional advice.

Professional Management: CFPs manage the funds, ensuring optimal returns.
Less Hassle: No need for your mother to manage investments actively.
Tailored Advice: Investments tailored to her risk profile and needs.
Regular Review of Investments

Regularly review investments with a CFP. Adjust them based on your mother’s needs and market conditions. This ensures her financial security.

Your mother has rights over her property. She can claim maintenance from your father and her share in ancestral property. Legal action can be taken for mental and physical torture. Continue supporting her financially and ensure her health insurance coverage. Invest wisely with professional advice for her secure future.

Hi, I'm 30 years old with around 80k in equity. I have a home 27 laksh which I pay 29 and a house rent 25, my wife has a car loan of 25. I get a in hand of 150000 l. I need advice in making investment in equity for next 5 years strategically.
Ans: You are 30 years old with Rs 80,000 in equity investments. You have a home loan of Rs 27 lakh, with an EMI of Rs 29,000, and a house rent of Rs 25,000. Your wife has a car loan with an EMI of Rs 25,000. You receive a net monthly income of Rs 1,50,000.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goal is to invest in equity for the next 5 years strategically. It’s essential to balance your investments with your existing financial obligations.

Current Financial Commitments
Home Loan EMI: Rs 29,000
House Rent: Rs 25,000
Car Loan EMI: Rs 25,000
Available Income for Investment
After accounting for your fixed commitments, you have Rs 71,000 left monthly for other expenses and investments.

Ensure you have an emergency fund to cover at least 6-12 months of expenses. This should be your first priority before making new investments.

Build Emergency Fund: Rs 5 lakh
Existing Equity Investment
You have Rs 80,000 in equity investments. Review this portfolio regularly and diversify to reduce risk.

Diversify Portfolio: Spread investments across different sectors.
Strategic Equity Investment
Investing through SIPs is a disciplined approach that averages out market volatility.

Monthly SIP: Allocate a fixed amount monthly.
Actively managed funds are managed by professional fund managers. They aim to outperform the market through strategic decisions.

Expert Management: Professional fund managers handle your investments.
Index funds track specific market indices but lack active management. They often result in average returns and are less adaptable to market shifts.

Average Returns: May not beat the market.
Less Flexibility: Limited response to market conditions.
Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) provides tailored investment strategies. They help in regular portfolio reviews and adjustments.

Suggested Allocation for Equity Investments
Mid-Cap Funds: For growth potential.
Investment Allocation
Monthly Allocation
Allocate a portion of your monthly income to different equity funds through SIPs.

Large-Cap SIP: Rs 10,000
Mid-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Small-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Lump Sum Investment
Consider lump sum investments when the market dips to take advantage of lower prices.

Monitor Market Trends: Invest during market corrections.

Regular Monitoring and Review

Optimize your tax savings through strategic investments.

Tax-saving Instruments: Utilize options like ELSS for tax benefits under Section 80C.
Ensure adequate life and health insurance coverage for your family.

Life Insurance: Term insurance to cover financial liabilities.
Health Insurance: Comprehensive health coverage.
Debt Repayment Strategy
Prioritize repaying high-interest debts to reduce financial burden.

Focus on Car Loan: Pay off early if possible.
Strategically investing in equity over the next 5 years requires a balanced and diversified approach. Increase your SIPs, diversify your portfolio, and use the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to stay on track with your financial goals.

My girlfriend has lot of expectations on How I must react to certain situations. I try my best to do it , but there is always one day where I don't have control on reacting the same as she wishes it , and then we fight and she keeps reminding me my mistakes from the past. I say sorry , she says she doesn't consider my sorries. I forgive her for whatever serious she says in fight. But then again after few days everything becomes normal. I am confused what should be done. Is it okay that I behave according to her expectations or what. Because I don't want to lose her. I have always discussed that the way I behave is my natural nature but she keeps me correcting. She accepts her mistakes even I do too. But now since these incidents often once a month. I am asking you what I must do in such situations where it's not in my hand it seems to behave in certain way as expected by her
Ans: Dear Govinda,
Well, all of us have expectations from each other, don't we?
But some expectations are realistic and some are unrealistic. Any expectation that starts to change the other person, control them, dictate their behavior is almost toxic and not healthy in the long run.
Some expectations like requesting the other person to take care of their health, finances, advice on work and family that attempts to see them in a better space is healthy and necessary.

So, where does your girlfriend's expectation fall into?
It's possible that because it's leading to constant fights, you are certainly not happy about her control about this. Then voice it out and state clearly that you would not like to change for her but only change for yourself and for the better. This may hurt her and there might be a lot of drama around it...but, if she is willing to look at the relationship maturely with you as an equal partner, there will no more fights and expectations around things that bother you.
Sit down together; tell her how this is affecting you and the relationship. There maybe little expectations that maybe good for you and the relationship. Be thankful for those.

But, the bigger ones are the ones that are bothersome and yes, your girlfriend must know about it. Instead of confronting, be firm and gentle and she may very well understand the whole scenario. This will also help you in situations where she expects something and it does not happen and yet she will be okay with it. So, have that clear communication for better understanding. Is this possible? Yes, provided the two of you work at this together not confronting but managing it.