Hello, i am 43 year male with 2kids....married from last 13yrs. My wife is very good in house work and take care of my kids...she loves me alot but mostly she show us like she is doing us a favour by doing all this and many times stop talking and behave like she doesnt care about anyone....if i ask something she reply rudely. I am fedup of all this behaviour...i do my maximum efforts to make her happy but cant understand what is the issue with her....if i talk about her behaviour then she blames me fot everything...i wants to be happy with my family...pls suggess.

Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you're facing in your marriage. It sounds like despite your wife’s efforts in taking care of the household and the children, her behavior is causing significant stress for you.

Your wife's actions might be influenced by feeling overwhelmed or unappreciated. Managing the home and caring for the kids can be exhausting, and she might feel like her efforts go unnoticed. This can lead to frustration and the impression that she's doing everything as a favor, resulting in her becoming distant or irritable.

Try to talk with her during a calm moment, expressing your concerns without placing blame. You might say, "I've noticed you seem stressed lately. I want to understand how you're feeling and see how I can help." Listening to her and showing appreciation for her work can help alleviate some of her stress and improve your connection.

If these conversations don't lead to improvement, consider seeking help from a professional counselor. They can facilitate better communication and help both of you address deeper issues.

Your goal is a happy and supportive family environment. Working together with empathy and understanding can help you both move towards a more fulfilling relationship. If you continue to struggle, don't hesitate to reach out for support from professionals or loved ones. Your effort and commitment are crucial steps toward finding a solution.
Asked on - Jun 21, 2024 | Answered on Jun 21, 2024
Thankyou
Ans: pleasure :)

I am 33 year old and my wife is 2 year elder than me, we married in 2014 and we have a son who is 5 year old. But i noticed from last 6 years she didn't interested in me. I tried a lot to make her smile many times i do what she want, even if i do something i want she never be so happy. I done a conversation with her a lot about that but she said she is not fit, she always think about her anxiety and cervical issue. We hardly do sex sometimes maybe once in a month, she never ask me to do, she try to hide her feelings her lot i ask many times to be open. She just show anger on me many times on small topics, even she picks issues and those are very small. I ask already do you like to take divorce then tell me, but she didn't replied and angry again. She just give a excuse that i am not well having cervical pain, even we go to many doctors. Many times she is watching reels and Kdramas she keep ignoring me. What should i do ? Sometimes i think i should find someone outside for my happy life ? Because like that i kill my feelings and myself i think that because this is not compromise for family as i think ?
Ans: It is sad to hear that you are experiencing this in your marriage. It's important to understand that a lack of interest or intimacy in a marriage can have many different causes, including physical and emotional issues. It's also important to remember that communication is key in any relationship, and it sounds like you have tried to have conversations with your wife about your concerns.

However, it's also important to recognize that if you are feeling unfulfilled and unhappy in your marriage, seeking intimacy outside of the marriage is not a solution. Infidelity can cause irreparable damage to a relationship and can also be emotionally devastating for all parties involved.

Instead, I would encourage you to continue to communicate with your wife about your concerns and explore different ways to address the issues that you are experiencing. This may involve seeking counseling or therapy together, or it may involve taking steps to address any physical or emotional issues that are impacting your wife's interest in intimacy.

Ultimately, the decision to end a marriage is a deeply personal one that should be made after careful consideration and with the guidance of a professional counselor or therapist. If you feel like your needs are not being met in your marriage and you are considering divorce, I would encourage you to seek the support and guidance of a qualified professional to help you navigate this difficult process.

I am a married man from last 20 years. I am unable to understand the psychology of my wife. she always complains me that she doesn't feel any belongingness from my end and keep her on last priority. further, I always take care of my mother, sisters and friends. I always talk to her in a very rude and loud voice. whenever i approach her she starts blaming me and after sometime, I became irritated by her repetitive statements. whenever she approach me to patch up after few moments she said that I am talking loud and non sense. please guide me how to tackle this problem to rejuvenate the relation?
You yourself have identified that you talk rudely to your wife; so how do you expect her to relate to you.
If you have chosen to 'rejuvenate' the relation, then the way the two of you communicate with each other must be changed.
This is a suggestion for both of you to improve your communication:
1. Listen to the other patiently when they are talking
2. Ask: 'What can I do to make you feel better?'
3. Make sure that there are no accusations/complaints made during the communication
4. Practice compassion when the other person is talking
5. Don't interrupt them in between when they are talking

This is just the beginning and basic guidelines to begin communicating better. As the two of you see the benefits, you can then start to work on the challenges that you face from family. As much as you take care of your side of the family, make sure that you give enough attention to your wife as well and the same goes for her.
The two of you are simply crying out for each other's time and attention. Start with the basic suggestions and slowly take it on from there.

I am working in a central psu and my wife works for state govt and both are 48 yrs. We are married for 20 yrs and have 2 sons (20 &16). She is never expressive nor vocal, because of this our marital relationship have not seen even a single day of happiness. Her parents never ever made her realised that problem can be from her side too nor asked me even a single time whats is bothering me. She is over ambitious in her job and neglects everything in the personal life. This negligence started from the day 1 of the married life. She never try to understand the problem and reasons behind and just ignore and move ahead. This makes life miserable and likewise 20 yrs passed.. Its like when sons are moving out of home, I feel very much alone and sometimes feels to runaway from life...She dont show any emotions, giving the reasons that its her nature...She says loves me, but whats that love which is not felt by me for a single day...I wanted a wife not a nurse.. What to do....I lost my hope of life.
Ans: It's clear that communication and understanding between you and your wife have been lacking for quite some time. It's important to remember that marriage is a partnership, and both partners need to be willing to work on the relationship for it to thrive. It's also common for individuals to have different communication styles and emotional expressions, but it's crucial to find common ground and ways to connect despite these differences. Have an open and honest conversation with your wife about how you're feeling. It's important for her to understand the impact her behavior is having on you and your relationship. Establish boundaries around work and personal life to ensure that both of you are making time for each other and your family. Encourage your wife to prioritize your relationship and family time.Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally. This might involve engaging in activities that bring you joy, spending time with friends and loved ones, and seeking support from a therapist or counselor for yourself. change takes time, and healing a relationship requires effort and commitment from both partners. It's okay to feel discouraged and overwhelmed, but please don't lose hope. There are resources and support available to help you navigate this difficult time. You deserve to live a fulfilling and happy life, and it's never too late to work towards that goal.

Hi Anu, I am working in a central psu and my wife works for state govt and both are 48 yrs. We are married for 20 yrs and have 2 sons (20 &16). She is never expressive nor vocal, because of this our marital relationship have not seen even a single day of happiness. Her parents never ever made her realised that problem can be from her side too nor asked me even a single time whats is bothering me. She is over ambitious in her job and neglects everything in the personal life. This negligence started from the day 1 of the married life. She never try to understand the problem and reasons behind and just ignore and move ahead. This makes life miserable and likewise 20 yrs passed.. Its like when sons are moving out of home, I feel very much alone and sometimes feels to runaway from life...She dont show any emotions, giving the reasons that its her nature...She says loves me, but whats that love which is not felt by me for a single day...I wanted a wife not a nurse.. What to do....I lost my hope of life.
I am sure there is an issue that you are facing BUT to generalize it as: because of this our marital relationship have not seen even a single day of happiness.
Are you sure that has not been a single day or a single moment of feeling some joy? DO NOT indulge in this kind of belief as it only makes the issue look bigger than what it maybe.
If you feel alone, talk to her and tell her exactly how you feel. It's your marriage as well; do something to stay in it.
If there is a reason for her to be the way that she is, that needs to be addressed. Also, by complaining rather than facing the issue together, you are alienating yourself from the marriage. Give this a fair chance and deal with it in a mature way. Talking about it helps more than complaining; as she will bring her list of complaints and then it just gets into a loop.
- have an honest conversation
- make space for a back and forth conversation
If she refuses to talk, then possibly there is a need for a professional to intervene. She will also need to understand what hurts you and work on it, so that the marriage moves on smoothly. Marriage is a two-way dance.

Please suggest mf sip for 5 to 10 years and one large cap ,one small cap for 1l each for 2 years.
Ans: Investing in mutual fund SIPs for 5 to 10 years can help you build a substantial corpus. It’s important to select funds that align with your risk tolerance and investment horizon.

Large-Cap Fund:

Advantages:

Invests in top companies with stable growth.

Lower risk compared to mid-cap and small-cap funds.

Choose a fund with a strong track record.

Look for consistency in performance.

Mid-Cap Fund:

Advantages:

Invests in emerging companies with high growth potential.

Higher returns compared to large-cap funds.

Opt for a fund with a proven fund manager.

Check the fund’s performance in different market conditions.

Multi-Cap Fund:

Advantages:

Diversified across large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks.

Balanced risk and return.

Select a fund that dynamically adjusts its portfolio.

Ensure it has a good performance history.

Corporate Bond Fund:

Advantages:

Invests in high-rated corporate bonds.

Provides stable returns with lower risk.

Choose a fund with a high credit rating.

Look for consistency in returns.

Short Duration Fund:

Advantages:

Invests in debt securities with short maturity.

Less affected by interest rate changes.

Opt for a fund with a diversified portfolio.

Check the fund’s yield and credit quality.

Hybrid Mutual Funds
Aggressive Hybrid Fund:

Advantages:

Invests in both equities and debt.

Balanced risk with potential for higher returns.

Choose a fund with a dynamic asset allocation strategy.

Ensure it has a strong track record.

Recommended Lump Sum Investments for 2 Years
Investing Rs. 1 lakh each in large-cap and small-cap funds for a short term of 2 years requires careful selection. Focus on funds with lower volatility and stable performance.

Large-Cap Fund
Advantages:

Invests in well-established companies.

Lower risk and more stable returns.

Choose a fund with strong financials.

Look for consistent performance over the past 3-5 years.

Small-Cap Fund
Advantages:

Invests in smaller companies with high growth potential.

Opt for a fund with a solid track record.

Ensure the fund manager has experience in small-cap investments.

Key Considerations
Spread your investments across different asset classes.

Reduces overall risk and enhances returns.

Regular Monitoring
Review your investments periodically.

Make adjustments based on market conditions and personal goals.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

They can help align your investments with your financial goals.

Maintain a separate emergency fund.

Provides financial security during unforeseen events.

Investing in mutual fund SIPs and lump sum in large-cap and small-cap funds can help achieve your financial goals. Focus on diversification, regular monitoring, and professional guidance. This strategy aligns with your medium to moderate risk appetite and ensures capital protection and growth.

Hi, my name is Sumit and I am 32 years old IT professional. My and my wife's combined income is 2.08 lakh per month. Our home loan is running at 65k monthly emi. Currently i have 2 SIPs which are 5k in Elss and 5k in Flexi cap. Can you suggest best investment plan in which we can save as much as possible and maintain life style as well.
Ans: Sumit. Your combined monthly income is Rs 2.08 lakh. Your home loan EMI is Rs 65,000. You also have SIPs of Rs 10,000 in ELSS and Flexi Cap funds.

Let's break down your financial plan for maximum savings and maintaining your lifestyle.

Current Monthly Income and Expenses

Combined Income: Rs 2.08 lakh
Home Loan EMI: Rs 65,000
SIPs: Rs 10,000
This leaves you with Rs 1.33 lakh for other expenses and savings.

Investment Strategy for Maximum Savings

1. Emergency Fund

Maintain an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses. This fund should be in a savings account or liquid funds.

2. Increasing SIP Contributions

Consider increasing your SIP contributions in equity mutual funds for long-term growth.

Flexi Cap Fund: Continue with your Rs 5,000 SIP in Flexi Cap funds.

ELSS Fund: Continue with your Rs 5,000 SIP in ELSS for tax savings under Section 80C.

3. Diversifying Your Portfolio

Diversify your investments to balance risk and returns. Here are some recommendations:

Large Cap Funds: Allocate Rs 5,000 monthly to large cap funds for stable returns.
Mid Cap Funds: Allocate Rs 5,000 monthly to mid cap funds for potential growth.
Small Cap Funds: Allocate Rs 5,000 monthly to small cap funds for high growth potential.
4. Retirement Planning

Start planning for retirement early. Allocate Rs 5,000 monthly to a retirement fund or a Public Provident Fund (PPF). PPF offers tax benefits and secure returns.

5. Child Education and Future Goals

If you have children or plan to, start saving for their education. Allocate Rs 5,000 monthly to a child education plan or a balanced mutual fund.

6. Health Insurance

Ensure adequate health insurance for your family. This protects your savings in case of medical emergencies.

Monthly Investment Plan

Emergency Fund: Maintain liquidity for emergencies.
Flexi Cap Fund: Rs 5,000 SIP
ELSS Fund: Rs 5,000 SIP
Large Cap Fund: Rs 5,000 SIP
Mid Cap Fund: Rs 5,000 SIP
Small Cap Fund: Rs 5,000 SIP
Retirement Fund/PPF: Rs 5,000
Child Education/Goal Fund: Rs 5,000
Total Monthly Investment: Rs 35,000

Managing Expenses and Lifestyle

Track Expenses: Use apps or spreadsheets to track and manage expenses.
Budgeting: Create a monthly budget to ensure you live within your means.
Discretionary Spending: Allocate a portion of your income for leisure and lifestyle expenses. This ensures you enjoy your lifestyle while saving.

ELSS Funds: Continue investing in ELSS for tax benefits.
Section 80C: Maximize deductions under Section 80C through PPF, ELSS, and other eligible investments.

Consult with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) for personalized advice. A CFP can help tailor your investments to your goals and risk tolerance.

Sumit, focus on building an emergency fund, increasing SIPs in diversified equity funds, and planning for retirement and children's education. Track your expenses and budget wisely to maintain your lifestyle while saving effectively.

Dear Sir, I am 53 years old having monthly income of Rs. 1,75,000/-. No loan liability. Built own house, daughter 21 yrs, Son 19 yrs. I have no experience of passive income like SIP, MF, etc. pls guide me how should I start investment in SIP and MF?
Ans: You are 53 years old with a monthly income of Rs 1,75,000. You have no loan liabilities and own your house. You have a 21-year-old daughter and a 19-year-old son. You have no experience with passive income investments like SIP and mutual funds.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goals could be:

Building a retirement corpus
Funding your children's education or marriage
Ensuring financial security
Setting Up Your Investment Plan
Ensure you have an emergency fund to cover at least 6-12 months of expenses. This should be your first priority.

Emergency Fund: Rs 10-12 lakh
Understanding SIP and Mutual Funds
SIP allows you to invest a fixed amount regularly in a mutual fund scheme. It helps in averaging the cost and reduces market volatility risks.

Benefits: Disciplined investing, rupee cost averaging, and compounding.
Mutual funds pool money from many investors to invest in securities like stocks, bonds, and other assets. They are managed by professional fund managers.

Types of Mutual Funds:
Equity Funds: Invest in stocks; high risk, high return.
Debt Funds: Invest in bonds; lower risk, stable return.
Balanced Funds: Mix of equity and debt; moderate risk and return.
Starting Your Investment
Step-by-Step Guide to Start SIP and Mutual Funds
Step 1: Assess Your Risk Appetite
Determine how much risk you are willing to take. Generally, at your age, a balanced approach is advisable.

Step 2: Define Your Investment Goals
Set clear goals for each investment, such as retirement, children's education, or marriage.

Step 3: Choose the Right Mutual Funds
Opt for a mix of equity and debt funds to balance risk and return.

Equity Funds: For long-term growth.
Debt Funds: For stability and regular income.
Balanced Funds: For a mix of growth and stability.
Step 4: Start SIPs
Invest regularly through SIPs. This will help in averaging the cost and reducing market volatility risks.

Monthly SIP Allocation: Start with a portion of your disposable income.
Suggested Allocation
Monthly SIP Allocation
Allocate Rs 50,000 monthly across different mutual funds through SIPs.

Equity Funds SIP: Rs 25,000
Debt Funds SIP: Rs 15,000
Balanced Funds SIP: Rs 10,000
Diversify your investments to reduce risk and enhance returns.

Sectoral Diversification: Invest across various sectors.
Geographical Diversification: Consider international funds for global exposure.
Regular Monitoring and Review
Review your investment portfolio regularly to ensure it aligns with your goals. Make adjustments based on market conditions and personal financial changes.

Quarterly Reviews: Assess performance and adjust as needed.
Consult a Certified Financial Planner
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can provide personalized investment strategies and help you navigate the complexities of mutual funds and SIPs.

Personalized Advice: Tailored to your financial goals.
Regular Reviews: Ensure your investments stay aligned with your goals.
Starting investments in SIPs and mutual funds at 53 can provide a secure financial future. Begin with an emergency fund, assess your risk appetite, and set clear investment goals. Diversify your investments between equity, debt, and balanced funds through SIPs. Regularly review your portfolio and seek the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner for optimal results.

Hi sir I recently loss my job and I have personal Emi and taken loans from apps. which is aroundly have to pay Emi 35 k in a month and loan apps like Paytm , moneyview daliy calling and threating . I worried and I should not have focussed on anything. Please help from this situation
Ans: Losing a job and facing debt can be overwhelming. It is important to act swiftly to manage your financial situation.

Assess Your Financial Situation
List All Debts:

EMI of Rs. 35,000 per month.
Loans from various apps like Paytm and MoneyView.
Prioritize Debts:

Identify which debts have the highest interest rates.
Focus on these high-interest loans first.
Create a Budget
Calculate Monthly Expenses:

List essential expenses (rent, utilities, groceries).
Identify non-essential expenses you can cut.
Allocate Funds:

Ensure you cover essential expenses first.
Allocate remaining funds towards debt repayment.
Communicate with Lenders
Contact Loan Providers:

Explain your job loss situation.
Request for a temporary reduction or deferment in EMI payments.
Negotiate Repayment Terms:

Ask for extended repayment periods.
Request for lower interest rates if possible.
Seek Professional Help
Certified Financial Planner:

They can help you create a debt management plan.
Credit Counseling Services:

Consider reaching out to credit counseling services.
They can negotiate with creditors on your behalf.
Increase Income Sources
Look for Temporary Work:

Consider part-time or freelance work.
Explore gig economy jobs like food delivery or ride-sharing.
Sell Unnecessary Assets:

Sell items you no longer need.
Use the proceeds to pay off debts.
Emergency Measures

If you have an emergency fund, use it to cover essential expenses.
Avoid depleting it completely, keep some funds for unforeseen emergencies.
Friends and Family:

Consider borrowing from trusted friends or family.
Ensure you create a clear repayment plan to avoid misunderstandings.
Legal and Supportive Measures
Understand Your Rights:

Familiarize yourself with the laws regarding debt collection.
Loan apps must follow legal protocols; report any harassment.
Emotional Support:

Seek support from friends, family, or support groups.
Managing stress and mental health is crucial during this time.
Facing job loss and debt can be daunting. Take immediate steps to manage your finances. Prioritize essential expenses and debt repayment. Communicate with lenders and seek professional help. Look for temporary income sources and consider selling unnecessary assets. Protect your mental health and seek support from loved ones. With a strategic approach, you can navigate this difficult period and regain financial stability.

I wanted to create my first crore by investing in stock or mutual fund.please advise my current monthly investment are as follows 5k in ulip,10k in other ulip (for five years so that I can reinvest after five years again that amount) 10k psu direct mutual fund 4k in other mutual fund. 3k in digital gold. 1lakh one time in quant for five years And 31k in PF+epf And my home loan 23k and personal loan 25k. Please guide me.
Ans: Evaluating Your Current Investments and Liabilities

Let's first understand your current financial position and investments. You are investing in various avenues and also have significant loans to manage.

Monthly Investments

ULIPs: Rs 5,000 + Rs 10,000
PSU Direct Mutual Fund: Rs 10,000
Other Mutual Fund: Rs 4,000
Digital Gold: Rs 3,000
One-time Investment in Quant: Rs 1 lakh (for five years)
PF + EPF: Rs 31,000
Monthly Liabilities

Home Loan EMI: Rs 23,000
Personal Loan EMI: Rs 25,000
Goals and Strategy to Reach Your First Crore

Your goal is to create a corpus of Rs 1 crore by investing in stocks or mutual funds. Let's outline a plan to achieve this.

Reassessing ULIPs

ULIPs combine insurance and investment. However, they often have high charges and lower returns compared to pure investment products.

Action Step: Consider stopping new investments in ULIPs once the lock-in period ends. Redirect this money to mutual funds for better returns.
Focusing on Mutual Funds

Mutual funds, particularly actively managed funds, can provide better returns. You already invest in PSU direct mutual funds and other mutual funds.

PSU Direct Mutual Fund: Direct funds may lack professional advice. Consider switching to regular funds managed by a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) for better guidance.
Other Mutual Fund: Evaluate performance and ensure it's aligned with your goals.
Digital Gold Investment

Digital gold is convenient but may not offer the best returns compared to equity mutual funds.

Action Step: Consider reducing or stopping investments in digital gold and reallocating to equity mutual funds.
Optimizing One-time Investment in Quant

You have invested Rs 1 lakh in Quant for five years. Ensure it aligns with your risk tolerance and goals. Regular review is essential.

EPF and PF Contributions

Your EPF and PF contributions are significant and provide stability. Continue these contributions for a secure retirement.

Managing Loans

Your home loan and personal loan EMIs total Rs 48,000 per month. High EMIs can strain your finances.

Action Step: Prioritize repaying the personal loan due to higher interest rates. Once the personal loan is cleared, consider using the freed-up amount to invest more in mutual funds.
Suggested Investment Strategy

1. Equity Mutual Funds

Diversify Across Categories: Invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds for a balanced portfolio.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): Continue or start SIPs in diversified equity mutual funds.
2. Reducing ULIP Contributions

Reinvest in Mutual Funds: Once the ULIP lock-in period ends, redirect funds to equity mutual funds for higher returns.
3. Professional Guidance

Certified Financial Planner (CFP): A CFP can help you choose the right funds and strategies.
4. Emergency Fund

Maintain Liquidity: Keep an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses in a savings account or liquid funds.
Action Steps for a 1 Crore Corpus

Stop New ULIP Investments: Redirect to equity mutual funds.
Review and Switch PSU Direct Fund: Consider regular funds with CFP guidance.
Reduce Digital Gold Investment: Reallocate to equity mutual funds.
Prioritize Loan Repayment: Focus on clearing the personal loan first.
Increase SIPs in Equity Mutual Funds: Once loans are repaid, increase SIP contributions.
Regular Review

Regularly review your investment portfolio and adjust as needed. Stay informed about market trends and consult with a CFP for ongoing advice.

To achieve your first crore, focus on equity mutual funds, reduce investments in ULIPs and digital gold, and prioritize loan repayments. Regularly review and adjust your investments with the guidance of a Certified Financial Planner.

Hi Team My before tax salary is roughly 5.6 lakh per month and I am hoping to get 3.75 in had (after tax and pf cut) I just took a car loan and planning to secure home loan which will cost me 1.25 lakh per month together. My monthly expenses are 1 lakh roughly That's leaves me another 1.5 lakh which I need to invest I am confused between keeping that in savings account for sbi max saver to pay lower intreste along Or Invest lakh into MF and rest 50 in max savings. Which option would be better and if I choose to go with MF options can you suggest few MF to balance my portfolio Thanks in advance
Ans: You have a before-tax salary of Rs 5.6 lakh per month and an after-tax salary of Rs 3.75 lakh. Your car loan and planned home loan together cost Rs 1.25 lakh per month. Your monthly expenses are roughly Rs 1 lakh. This leaves you with Rs 1.5 lakh for investments.

Evaluating Investment Options
You are considering whether to keep money in a savings account like SBI Max Saver or invest in mutual funds (MF). Let’s evaluate these options.

Savings Account (SBI Max Saver)
The SBI Max Saver account allows you to save on interest by offsetting your home loan balance with your savings.

Benefits: Reduces interest on home loan, offers liquidity, and safe.
Drawbacks: Lower returns compared to mutual funds.
Mutual funds offer the potential for higher returns through various investment options, but with higher risk compared to savings accounts.

Benefits: Higher returns, variety of options, and long-term growth.
Drawbacks: Market risk, not as liquid as savings account.
Suggested Investment Strategy
Hybrid Approach
A hybrid approach can balance the benefits of both options.

Invest Rs 1 lakh in Mutual Funds: For higher returns.
Keep Rs 50,000 in SBI Max Saver: For liquidity and interest offset.
Benefits of a Hybrid Approach
Risk Management: Diversifies risk between safe savings and higher-return investments.
Liquidity: Ensures you have liquid funds for emergencies.
Debt Reduction: Helps in reducing home loan interest through SBI Max Saver.
Choosing Mutual Funds
Actively Managed Funds
Actively managed funds can outperform the market with strategic decisions by professional fund managers.

Professional Management: Expert fund managers handle your investments.
Flexibility: Adapt to market changes effectively.
Suggested Allocation for Mutual Funds
Large-Cap Funds: For stability and steady returns.
Mid-Cap Funds: For growth potential.
Small-Cap Funds: For higher returns but with more risk.
Balanced Funds: For a mix of equity and debt.
Investment Allocation
Monthly Allocation
Allocate Rs 1 lakh across different mutual funds through SIPs (Systematic Investment Plans).

Large-Cap SIP: Rs 40,000
Mid-Cap SIP: Rs 30,000
Small-Cap SIP: Rs 20,000
Balanced SIP: Rs 10,000

Regular Monitoring and Review

Balancing your investments between SBI Max Saver and mutual funds can provide both liquidity and higher returns. Invest Rs 1 lakh in a diversified portfolio of mutual funds and keep Rs 50,000 in the SBI Max Saver account to reduce your home loan interest. Regularly review your investments to stay on track with your financial goals.

Hello, Good day I am 38 years old, living in Bangalore. Married with no kids (don't plan on having any either) and a dog. I earn about 1.3L per month, no liabilities/loans & own my own house valued around 3.5 Cr. I have about 1.2L invested in the share market since I am new to it, about 23 L invested into mutual funds with an SIP of 40k per month, 13L in EPF and I have about 4L saved as emergency funds invested in SBI Ultra short duration fund and about 40 L in gold assets. I also pay a premium of 2L per year towards Tata aia life insurance - Smart Income Plus wihich will give a regular payout by 2027. My monthly expenses come to around 60k ( without SIP's and Premiums), our house expenses are shared between me and my wife. I will be inheriting a sum of around 4.2 Cr shortly and need advise on how best to make this work for me and my retirement. I would like to retire between the age of 45 to 47 yo. My expectation from this inheritance is to get an additional income of 2L per month and for the capital to grow at a reasonable rate of about 8 to 10 % post the 2L payout. My resk apperite is medum to moderate and would like to protect atleast the capital. Kindly Advise.
Ans: Financial Assessment
You are 38 years old with no children and a dog. You earn Rs. 1.3 lakh per month and own a house worth Rs. 3.5 crore. Your investments include:

Rs. 1.2 lakh in the share market
Rs. 23 lakh in mutual funds with Rs. 40,000 SIP per month
Rs. 13 lakh in EPF
Rs. 4 lakh in an emergency fund in an ultra-short duration fund
Rs. 40 lakh in gold assets
Rs. 2 lakh per year in Tata AIA Life Insurance - Smart Income Plus
You will inherit Rs. 4.2 crore and wish to retire by 45-47 years with an additional monthly income of Rs. 2 lakh and capital growth of 8-10%.

Current Investment Strategy
Share Market
Advantages:

Potential for high returns.

Diversifies your portfolio.

Disadvantages:

High volatility.

Requires active management.

Advantages:

Professional management.

Diversification across sectors.

Disadvantages:

Management fees.

Market-linked risks.

EPF
Advantages:

Safe and secure.

Tax benefits.

Disadvantages:

Limited liquidity.

Lower returns compared to equities.

Advantages:

Provides liquidity.

Low-risk investment.

Disadvantages:

Lower returns.

Limited growth potential.

Gold Assets
Advantages:

Hedge against inflation.

Safe and tangible asset.

Disadvantages:

Limited income generation.

Price volatility.

Life Insurance
Advantages:

Provides life cover.

Future regular payouts.

Disadvantages:

High premiums.

Limited investment growth.

Recommendations for Inherited Funds
Invest a portion in equity mutual funds for growth.

Allocation: Rs. 1.5 crore

Reason: Potential for high returns.

Strategy: Diversify across large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.

Invest in debt mutual funds for stability.

Allocation: Rs. 1 crore

Reason: Provides regular income.

Strategy: Choose funds with moderate risk and stable returns.

Hybrid Funds
Hybrid funds balance growth and income.

Allocation: Rs. 50 lakh

Reason: Balanced risk and return.

Strategy: Invest in balanced advantage or equity hybrid funds.

Use SWP for regular monthly income.

Allocation: Rs. 1 crore in debt and hybrid funds

Reason: Provides Rs. 2 lakh per month.

Strategy: Set up a SWP to withdraw Rs. 2 lakh monthly.

Diversified Equity Portfolio
Invest a portion in direct equities for potential high returns.

Allocation: Rs. 50 lakh

Reason: Leverage stock market growth.

Strategy: Diversify across different sectors and companies.

Review and Rebalance
Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to align with your goals.

Frequency: Quarterly or semi-annually

Adjustments: Based on market conditions and personal goals.

To retire by 45-47 years with an additional Rs. 2 lakh per month, allocate your inherited funds wisely. Invest in a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds. Use a Systematic Withdrawal Plan for regular income. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio. This strategy aligns with your financial goals and risk profile, ensuring a secure and prosperous retirement.

Hi, sorry it's a very long post My mother is 60year old homemaker(nil income) and father is 68yr old retired govt employee (recieving pension).we are 3 children [2 daughters ( all aged between 30-40yr)]to our parents.All of us are married and earning for our livelihood. We sisters are contributing to parents health insurance and other financial things since we started earning and even after marriage ( as my father is an alcoholic too not looking after the household well).Mother has a property in her name given to her by her father as a gift deed. Father had one house and a plot in his name and some ancestral property. Brother went to abroad for studies in 2018 and came back in 2020. He had a girlfriend since his college days( he married to her in 2022, never had objection from anyone of family members ). Since his arrival, he and his girlfriend started involving in all financial matters of my maternal house to the extent he was using my father's debit card for his own use( father says he has given card to brother willfully). Brother wanted to construct a commercial building in my mother's property. He and my father started threatening my mother to register her property ( actually located near Brother's girlfriend house) in name of brother saying if she doesn't agree ,they won't marry off my sister( who got married in 2022 in the presence of grandparents, mother and myself and both my father and brother didn't attend the marriage). They even extracted money from mother's account (which was given now and then to her by me and my sister).During all these process even brother's girlfriend ( wanted a source of income by renting my parents house)also started abusing my mother and involved in all financial matters ( that freedom was given to her by father and brother as my mother was suppressed and we sisters were not aware of things going on). Everything led to the abandonment of my mother who stayed in her friend's place then I brought her to my house. Now after 3 years ( during the course our wellwishers tried counselling and mediation between my father, brother and mother without sisters which didn't work out). my brother got my parents house( and a plot which was in my father's name) registered to his name as a gift deed from my father without informing mother. All the documents of the property gift deeded to my mother by her father is with my brother and father. They are threatening my mother if she enters her own property. Now my mother has no place and income though she had contributed extensively to upliftment of the family all over these years. She ran a grocery store for 15years during which one plot was bought and house was built in that. Another plot was bought after my parents marriage with the help of dowry money given to my father ) but all the properties were registered in my father's name. She has her contribution financially, emotionally and physically. Now doesn't my mother has right to ask back the house and the property given to my brother without her knowledge and to ask for maintenance from my father and also sue all three of them for mental and physical torture..? We sisters want her to lead a peaceful life in her final years of her life.. please guide us.
Ans: Evaluating Your Mother’s Rights

Your mother has been through a lot. Let's explore her legal and financial rights. She deserves to live peacefully in her final years.

Legal Rights Over Property

Your mother owns property gifted by her father. She has full rights over this property. The property can’t be taken without her consent. If your brother and father took documents, this is illegal.

Action Steps for Property

Retrieve Documents: Seek legal help to get back property documents.
Consult a Lawyer: Discuss the possibility of reclaiming the property.
File a Complaint: If threatened, your mother can file a police complaint.
Maintenance from Your Father

Your father has a duty to support your mother. She can claim maintenance from him. This can be done through legal channels.

Action Steps for Maintenance

Seek Legal Advice: A lawyer can help your mother file for maintenance.
Family Court: File a petition in family court for maintenance.
Right to Ancestral Property

Your mother contributed to the family. She can claim a share in ancestral property. The law supports her right to ancestral property.

Action Steps for Ancestral Property

Legal Consultation: Discuss the possibility of claiming ancestral property.
File a Suit: If needed, file a suit for partition of ancestral property.
Mental and Physical Torture

Your mother faced mental and physical torture. This is a serious issue. She can seek legal action against your brother, father, and sister-in-law.

Action Steps for Torture

File a Complaint: Lodge a complaint with the police for harassment.
Protection Orders: Seek protection orders from the court.
Health Insurance and Financial Support

You and your sister have supported your parents. Continue to ensure health insurance coverage. Your mother may need financial support until her rights are restored.

Action Steps for Financial Support

Joint Efforts: Continue supporting your mother financially.
Plan for Future: Set up a fund for your mother’s needs.
Investments for Secure Future

Consider investing in mutual funds for your mother’s secure future. Regular funds with the help of a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) are beneficial. Avoid direct funds due to lack of professional advice.

Professional Management: CFPs manage the funds, ensuring optimal returns.
Less Hassle: No need for your mother to manage investments actively.
Tailored Advice: Investments tailored to her risk profile and needs.
Regular Review of Investments

Regularly review investments with a CFP. Adjust them based on your mother’s needs and market conditions. This ensures her financial security.

Your mother has rights over her property. She can claim maintenance from your father and her share in ancestral property. Legal action can be taken for mental and physical torture. Continue supporting her financially and ensure her health insurance coverage. Invest wisely with professional advice for her secure future.

Hi, I'm 30 years old with around 80k in equity. I have a home 27 laksh which I pay 29 and a house rent 25, my wife has a car loan of 25. I get a in hand of 150000 l. I need advice in making investment in equity for next 5 years strategically.
Ans: You are 30 years old with Rs 80,000 in equity investments. You have a home loan of Rs 27 lakh, with an EMI of Rs 29,000, and a house rent of Rs 25,000. Your wife has a car loan with an EMI of Rs 25,000. You receive a net monthly income of Rs 1,50,000.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goal is to invest in equity for the next 5 years strategically. It’s essential to balance your investments with your existing financial obligations.

Current Financial Commitments
Home Loan EMI: Rs 29,000
House Rent: Rs 25,000
Car Loan EMI: Rs 25,000
Available Income for Investment
After accounting for your fixed commitments, you have Rs 71,000 left monthly for other expenses and investments.

Ensure you have an emergency fund to cover at least 6-12 months of expenses. This should be your first priority before making new investments.

Build Emergency Fund: Rs 5 lakh
Existing Equity Investment
You have Rs 80,000 in equity investments. Review this portfolio regularly and diversify to reduce risk.

Diversify Portfolio: Spread investments across different sectors.
Strategic Equity Investment
Investing through SIPs is a disciplined approach that averages out market volatility.

Monthly SIP: Allocate a fixed amount monthly.
Actively managed funds are managed by professional fund managers. They aim to outperform the market through strategic decisions.

Expert Management: Professional fund managers handle your investments.
Index funds track specific market indices but lack active management. They often result in average returns and are less adaptable to market shifts.

Average Returns: May not beat the market.
Less Flexibility: Limited response to market conditions.
Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) provides tailored investment strategies. They help in regular portfolio reviews and adjustments.

Suggested Allocation for Equity Investments
Mid-Cap Funds: For growth potential.
Investment Allocation
Monthly Allocation
Allocate a portion of your monthly income to different equity funds through SIPs.

Large-Cap SIP: Rs 10,000
Mid-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Small-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Lump Sum Investment
Consider lump sum investments when the market dips to take advantage of lower prices.

Monitor Market Trends: Invest during market corrections.

Regular Monitoring and Review

Optimize your tax savings through strategic investments.

Tax-saving Instruments: Utilize options like ELSS for tax benefits under Section 80C.
Ensure adequate life and health insurance coverage for your family.

Life Insurance: Term insurance to cover financial liabilities.
Health Insurance: Comprehensive health coverage.
Debt Repayment Strategy
Prioritize repaying high-interest debts to reduce financial burden.

Focus on Car Loan: Pay off early if possible.
Strategically investing in equity over the next 5 years requires a balanced and diversified approach. Increase your SIPs, diversify your portfolio, and use the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to stay on track with your financial goals.

My girlfriend has lot of expectations on How I must react to certain situations. I try my best to do it , but there is always one day where I don't have control on reacting the same as she wishes it , and then we fight and she keeps reminding me my mistakes from the past. I say sorry , she says she doesn't consider my sorries. I forgive her for whatever serious she says in fight. But then again after few days everything becomes normal. I am confused what should be done. Is it okay that I behave according to her expectations or what. Because I don't want to lose her. I have always discussed that the way I behave is my natural nature but she keeps me correcting. She accepts her mistakes even I do too. But now since these incidents often once a month. I am asking you what I must do in such situations where it's not in my hand it seems to behave in certain way as expected by her
Ans: Dear Govinda,
Well, all of us have expectations from each other, don't we?
But some expectations are realistic and some are unrealistic. Any expectation that starts to change the other person, control them, dictate their behavior is almost toxic and not healthy in the long run.
Some expectations like requesting the other person to take care of their health, finances, advice on work and family that attempts to see them in a better space is healthy and necessary.

So, where does your girlfriend's expectation fall into?
It's possible that because it's leading to constant fights, you are certainly not happy about her control about this. Then voice it out and state clearly that you would not like to change for her but only change for yourself and for the better. This may hurt her and there might be a lot of drama around it...but, if she is willing to look at the relationship maturely with you as an equal partner, there will no more fights and expectations around things that bother you.
Sit down together; tell her how this is affecting you and the relationship. There maybe little expectations that maybe good for you and the relationship. Be thankful for those.

But, the bigger ones are the ones that are bothersome and yes, your girlfriend must know about it. Instead of confronting, be firm and gentle and she may very well understand the whole scenario. This will also help you in situations where she expects something and it does not happen and yet she will be okay with it. So, have that clear communication for better understanding. Is this possible? Yes, provided the two of you work at this together not confronting but managing it.