Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on Sep 25, 2023

rudolf Question by rudolf on Sep 14, 2023Translate

Hi this is Rudolf , i am 46 years old and want to build a portfolio of 2 crores First of all, thank you for taking the time to review questions from viewers. I would be really grateful if you could review my investment portfolio. I invest 64,000 rupees every month in a direct mutual fund, and my plan is to continue this for the next 10 years. Thank you! Previously, I used a broker for my investments, but now I have stopped using their services and kept those funds as they are . Currently, I am investing in the following mutual funds through the Coin app: ICICI Pru Bluechip - 12,000 rupees Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip - 4,000 rupees Axis Mid-cap - 5,000 rupees HDFC Mid-cap Opp - 5,000 rupees Axis Small-cap - 6,500 rupees Quant Active - 6,500 rupees Parag Parikh Flexi-cap - 8,000 rupees UTI Nifty 50 - 6,000 rupees Navi Nasdaq - 6,000 rupees Tata Digital Industries - 5,000 rupees Please advice.

Ans: Please check the overlap ratio of each fund in your portfolio when you add. Lesser the overlap ratio is better. There is no meaning in buying the same underlying stocks through different funds. If you find it difficult to decide the overlap ration or allocation, you can consult with financial planner or a professional mutual fund distributor who will be able to suggest and review periodically.

Dev

Dev Ashish  |36 Answers  |Ask -

MF Expert, Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 19, 2023

dear Dev, First of all, thank you for taking the time to review questions from viewers. Your efforts are truly appreciated from the bottom of my heart. I would be really grateful if you could review my investment portfolio. I invest 64,000/- every month in a direct mutual fund, and my plan is to continue this for the next 10 years. ICICI Pru Bluechip - 12,000/- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip - 4,000/- Axis Mid-cap - 5,000/- HDFC Mid-cap Opp - 5,000/- Axis Small-cap - 6,500/- Quant Active - 6,500/- Parag Parikh Flexi-cap - 8,000/- UTI Nifty 50 - 6,000/- Navi Nasdaq - 6,000/- Tata Digital Industries - 5,000/- Please let me know if you see any need for corrections or changes in my portfolio. Thank you.
Ans: You don't need to invest in so many schemes. There is a lot of overlap in your mutual fund portfolio holdings if you look at individual scheme's portfolios. So just investing the same monthly amount in up to 4 funds would be more than sufficient. You can pick one from Largecap Index Fund, 1-2 from a Flexicap/Large&Midcap Fund, 1-2 from Mid/Smallcap funds and that should be sufficient. In general, most investors are better off avoiding thematic/sectoral funds.

Note (Disclaimer) - As a SEBI RIA, I cannot comment on specific schemes/funds that are provided or asked for in the questions in the platform. And the views expressed above should not be considered professional investment advice or advertisement or otherwise. No specific product/service recommendations have been made and the answers here are for general educational purposes only. The readers are requested to take into consideration all the risk factors including their financial condition, suitability to risk-return profile and the like and take professional investment advice before investing.
Dev

Dev Ashish  |36 Answers  |Ask -