Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Mar 29, 2023

Bhagat Question by Bhagat on Mar 26, 2023Hindi

HI Nikunj, I am 43 Years Old and I am investing 95K per month in Mutual funds. Idea is to build a corpus fund for retirement and children education and marriage assuming the amount needed is 2.5 Crore. PLease suggest on my portfolio. Below are the funds I am investing : HDFC Index Fund - S&P BSE Sensex Plan : 20K Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund -Growth : 15K Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund Regular Plan Growth : 20K ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund Growth : 10K Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund Growth : 5K Axis Midcap Fund-Growth : 25K

Ans: Hello Bhagat. Your portfolio assessment appears to be in good condition. The portfolio selection looks to be carefully calibrated to and matched with the market.  Assuming that your time horizon is at least 10 years, 95k SIP seems appropriate for achieving a corpus of 2.5 crore for multiple investment objectives.

Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on May 03, 2023

Kapil Padha: Kindly give your expert opinion regarding my monthly mutual fund investments of Rs. 28000 (all SIPs) I have been doing for the last 4 years. I am 39 yr old. I want to create a corpus of around 2 Crore in the next 15 years. Your expert opinion will be appreciated. 1. HDFC Children's Gift Fund - (Lock-in) - Regular Plan - Rs. 10000. 2. ICICI Prudential Midcap Fund - Growth - Rs. 5000 3. ICICI Prudential Multicap Fund - Growth - Rs. 2000 4. Axis Bluechip Fund - Regular Growth - Rs. 4500 5. Axis Focussed 25 Fund - Regular Growth - Rs. 2000 6. SBI Focussed Equity Fund - Regular Growth - Rs. 4500 Are the funds mentioned above good? Or do I have to change to some other funds?
Ans: Dear Kapil,

I appreciate your proactive approach towards building wealth for the future. I must say that you have chosen a diversified set of mutual funds which is a good start towards achieving your financial goals.

To begin with, your investment of Rs. 28,000 per month towards mutual funds is a commendable step towards wealth creation. Assuming a yearly growth rate of 12%, you can potentially reach your target of 2 Crore in the next 15 years.

Coming to your mutual fund portfolio, the HDFC Children's Gift Fund has a lock-in period of five years, which is ideal if you are investing for your child's education or marriage. However, you may consider shifting your investments to the HDFC Hybrid Equity Fund or HDFC Equity Fund, which have delivered good returns historically and have a lower lock-in period.

The ICICI Prudential Midcap Fund and ICICI Prudential Multicap Fund are excellent choices for investing in mid-cap and multi-cap funds, respectively. The Axis Bluechip Fund is a good option for investing in blue-chip companies, while the Axis Focused 25 Fund and SBI Focused Equity Fund are suitable for investing in focused portfolios.

Overall, your mutual fund portfolio seems to be well diversified, and you may consider making minor tweaks to it based on your risk appetite and investment goals. As always, it's essential to consult with your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.

I hope this helps!
Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on May 24, 2023

Hi Nikunj, I am a 44 year old working professional (IT sector) who wants to build a corpus of 5 crores during retirement. I am currently investing in the following MFs:- 1) Axis Gold Fund- 5000/month 2) Kotak Gold Fund- 5000/month 3) ICICI Prudential Nifty 50 Index Fund- 7,500/month 4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Fund- 1000/month 5) ICICI Prudential Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saving)- 1000/month 6) Axis Long Term Equity Fund- 1,500/month 7) DSP Tax Saver Fund- 1,500/month 8) DSP Equity & Bond Fund- 6,250/month 9) SBI Equity Hybrid Fund- 6,250/month 10) Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund- 6,250/month 11) Mirae Asset Hybrid Equity Fund- 6,250/month 12) SBI Focused Equity Fund- 7,500/month 13) Axis Small Cap Fund- 7,500/month 14) Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund- 20,000/month 15) PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund- 20,000/month 16) Nippon India (AMC) (Short Term Fund, Gold Savings Fund, Nifty Next 50 Junior BeES FoF, Nifty Midcap 150 Index, Index Fund Nifty 50 Plan)- 10,425 I am not sure if my portfolio is good enough for long term goals, or if I am investing in a lot of redundant schemes. I have a moderately medium risk appetite with focus on maximum corpus build. Please give your opinion and suggest if some changes are required. Thanks much in advance.
Ans: Hello Value Investor. I can see over diversification with your current investments with sip amount. I would suggest to concise your mf investments and reshuffle the portfolio. Additionally, reconsider Aditya Birla Sun Life Tax Relief 96 Fund , Axis Long Term Equity Fund and SBI Focused Equity Fund for your portfolio. You can achieve your target till retirement with your current sip amount.

I am 34yrs old, I am investing 16,000/month in NPS, I want to invest in these mutual funds 1. Bandhan ELSS tax saver fund direct growth(12, 500) 2. Parag parikh flexi cap fund direct growth (7, 000) 3. Quant small cap fund growth (5,000) 4. Axis small cap fund growth (5, 000) 5. Axis banking and PSU debt fund growth (1500) 6. PGIM India equity savings fund growth (1500) I am planning to invest for 15-20yrs , and I also increase my investment 5% annually Pls suggest these funds? are good for my portfolio and how much corpus I reach
Ans: Your selection covers a range of fund types, which is good for diversification. Here's a brief assessment:

ELSS: Bandhan ELSS is a good tax-saving option, but ensure you're comfortable with the lock-in period.
Flexi-cap: Parag Parikh offers flexibility across market caps, good for long-term growth.
Small-cap: Both Quant and Axis small-cap funds can offer higher returns but come with higher volatility. Make sure you're comfortable with the risk.
Debt Funds: Axis banking and PSU debt fund is a relatively safer option, suitable for diversifying equity-heavy portfolios.
Equity Savings: PGIM India equity savings fund is a balanced fund with equity, debt, and arbitrage components, adding stability.
Corpus Estimation:
Assuming an average annual return of 10%:

Yearly Increment: 5%
Investment Period: 15-20 years
With these assumptions, you can accumulate a significant corpus. For a precise estimation, using a SIP calculator can help, but you're on a good path with these selections for long-term growth. Regularly review and adjust based on performance and market conditions.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024