SITARAM Question by SITARAM on Apr 20, 2024Hindi

I m 46yr old married and only earning person of my family,i have two daughters one is 13 Yrs old and other one is 12 yrs with long term Investment horizon and will transfer the shares to their name once they have majors ,I would like your comments on my monthly SIP Investment of Rs 65,000 started from January 2024, by splitting following stocks : 1.RIL -Rs 10,000 PM 2.Jio Finance Rs 10,000PM 3.Tata Motor Rs10,000PM 4. Tata Power Rs 10,000PM 5.Jyothy Labs Rs10,000PM 6.Adani Green Rs 10,000 PM 7.Savitha Oil tech Rs 5,000PM i wish to continue as long as afford to spare extra Income, please give your view .

Ans: Evaluating Your Stock Portfolio
You have chosen a diverse set of stocks, spanning various sectors. This diversification can help balance risks and rewards.

Analysis of Selected Stocks
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL): A strong, diversified conglomerate with stable growth prospects.

Jio Finance: Benefitting from the growing financial services sector, though relatively new and more volatile.

Tata Motors: A key player in the automotive industry, with potential growth in electric vehicles.

Tata Power: Focus on renewable energy is promising, but the sector can be volatile.

Jyothy Labs: A good player in the FMCG sector, offering stability.

Adani Green: High growth potential in the renewable energy sector, but with high volatility.

Savita Oil Technologies: A niche player in the lubricants industry, offering moderate growth and stability.

Diversification and Risk
Your portfolio covers multiple sectors: energy, finance, automotive, FMCG, and industrials. This diversification can reduce sector-specific risks.

Considerations for Stock Investments
Direct stock investments require regular monitoring and a deep understanding of each company. They can offer high returns but also come with higher risk and volatility compared to mutual funds.

Advantages of Mutual Funds
Mutual funds provide professional management, diversification, and convenience. Actively managed funds can potentially outperform individual stocks due to professional expertise and continuous market analysis.

SIP in Mutual Funds vs. Stocks
Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs) in mutual funds offer regular investing with the benefits of rupee cost averaging and compounding. Mutual funds are less volatile and require less active management compared to stocks.

Alignment with Long-term Goals
Given your long-term goals and the desire to transfer shares to your daughters, mutual funds might offer more stable growth. They can be more suitable for long-term wealth creation with less active involvement required.

Recommendations
Evaluate Performance Regularly: Monitor the performance of your selected stocks regularly. Stay informed about company news and sector developments.

Consider Adding Mutual Funds: To balance the portfolio, consider adding mutual funds. This can provide diversification and professional management.

Risk Management: Assess your risk tolerance and adjust investments accordingly. Diversifying between stocks and mutual funds can provide a balanced approach.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner: For personalized advice, consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). They can help tailor your investment strategy to your goals and risk tolerance.

Your current stock portfolio is diversified and has potential for growth. However, incorporating mutual funds can offer stability and professional management, aligning well with your long-term goals.

Hi I have following SIPs. Can you suggest whether they are good, bad or ugly and suggest changes if any. Quant small cap direct growth-10000 Canara robecco small cap DG- 10000 PGIM india mid cap Opp DG-10000 SBI contra Direct plan growth-10000 Parag parik flexi cap DG-10000 Quant infrastructure DG-10000 ICICI prudential tech fund-10000 Tata digital India regular plan-10000 Aditya birla sun life digital India regular plan -10000 - I hv started investing in last 6months and aim is to make atleast 3cr by next 10yrs. I hv certain other investments in SIPs, equity and PF (about 50000 per month) Thank you
Ans: Your portfolio seems well-diversified across different categories and themes, which is a good approach. However, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:

Small Cap Exposure: Having significant exposure to small-cap funds like Quant Small Cap and Canara Robeco Small Cap can add volatility to your portfolio. While they have the potential for high returns, they also come with higher risk. Ensure you have a high-risk tolerance and a long-term investment horizon if you intend to stay invested in these funds.
Sectoral and Theme Funds: Funds like ICICI Prudential Tech Fund, Tata Digital India, and Aditya Birla Sun Life Digital India focus on specific sectors/themes. While these can offer opportunities for growth, they also carry concentration risk. Monitor these funds closely and be prepared for volatility, considering the dynamic nature of sectoral investments.
Mid Cap and Flexi Cap: PGIM India Mid Cap Opp and Parag Parik Flexi Cap provide exposure to mid-cap and flexible-cap segments, which can complement your small-cap investments. Ensure you review the performance and portfolio composition of these funds regularly to confirm they align with your investment objectives.
Regular Review: Given your long-term goal of reaching 3 crores in 10 years, regularly review your portfolio's performance and make adjustments as necessary. Consider rebalancing periodically to maintain your desired asset allocation and risk level.
Risk Management: Since you have a significant amount invested across various funds, ensure you have an adequate emergency fund and insurance coverage to mitigate any unforeseen risks.
Overall, your portfolio appears to have the potential to achieve your long-term financial goals, but it's essential to monitor and adjust it periodically based on your changing financial situation and market conditions. Consider consulting with a financial advisor for personalized advice tailored to your specific needs and objectives.

Hello Hardik, Iam 40 Years and have started investing in SIP for the past 6 months.Below are my monthly investment 1. Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Regular Growth - 3500 2. Canara Robeco Small Cap Fund Growth - 3000 3. HDFC Retirement Savings Fund Equity Growth - 3000 4. NPS - 3500 I am planning for 18 Years of investment and aiming to slowly increase the SIP to achieve corpus of 2.5-3.0 Cr. Kindly review and advice. Regards, Ram
Ans: Hi Ram,

It's great to see that you've started investing systematically towards your long-term financial goals. Here's a review of your current SIP investments:

Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Regular Growth: This fund follows a diversified approach across various market caps and geographical regions, which can provide stability to your portfolio. It's suitable for long-term wealth creation.
Canara Robeco Small Cap Fund Growth: Small-cap funds can be volatile in the short term but have the potential to offer high returns over the long term. Ensure you're comfortable with the risk associated with small-cap investments.
HDFC Retirement Savings Fund Equity Growth: This fund is designed to provide wealth accumulation for retirement. It's aligned with your long-term investment horizon and retirement goal.
NPS: The National Pension System (NPS) is a retirement-focused investment option offering tax benefits. It's prudent to contribute to NPS alongside other investments for retirement planning.
To achieve your target corpus of 2.5-3.0 Cr over 18 years, consider periodically reviewing your SIP contributions and adjusting them based on changes in your income, expenses, and market conditions. Additionally, diversify across asset classes to manage risk effectively.

As your financial goals evolve, consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner to ensure your investment strategy remains aligned with your objectives.

Hello Sir I am 45 year old and I have been investing Rs.1000/- as SIP in following stock - 1 Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund 2 Axis Flexi Cap Fund - Regular Plan – Growth 3 Canara Robeco Emerging Equities - Regular Plan – GROWTH 4 HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund - Regular Growth Plan 5 ICICI Prudential Flexicap Fund – Growth 6 Nippon India ELSS Tax Saver Fund-Growth And I also have invested Rs.50,000/- in liquiloans I just want to know is my investment is good or do I need to make more investment or any changes in my invest ment Sir pls do reply Thanks & Regard
Ans: Congratulations on taking proactive steps towards securing your financial future at the age of 45! Your commitment to investing is admirable and sets a solid foundation for wealth accumulation.

Understanding Your Portfolio:

You've chosen a diversified portfolio with investments across various mutual funds, including small-cap, flexi-cap, large and mid-cap, and ELSS tax saver funds. Additionally, your investment in Liquiloans adds an alternative asset class to your portfolio.

Assessing the Investment Mix:

Your portfolio reflects a well-rounded approach, with exposure to different market segments and investment styles. Small-cap funds offer growth potential, while flexi-cap and large and mid-cap funds provide stability and diversification.

Evaluating Investment Choices:

Each fund you've selected has its unique investment objective and risk profile. Aditya Birla Sun Life Small Cap Fund and Canara Robeco Emerging Equities focus on small and emerging companies, potentially offering high returns but also higher volatility.

Axis Flexi Cap Fund, HDFC Large and Mid Cap Fund, and ICICI Prudential Flexicap Fund offer flexibility in asset allocation, blending exposure across market caps. Nippon India ELSS Tax Saver Fund provides tax benefits along with long-term wealth accumulation.

Analyzing Additional Investment:

Your decision to invest in Liquiloans introduces an element of diversification beyond traditional mutual funds. However, peer-to-peer lending platforms like Liquiloans carry inherent risks, including credit and default risk, which should be carefully considered.

Recommendation for Consideration:

Given your age and investment horizon, your portfolio seems appropriately diversified. However, it's crucial to regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Presently Im a class 12 commerce student and i want to join BCA for my degree next year but i dont know what are the careers after BCA.
Ans: Adella, first of all, shortlist top 5-10 colleges to get admission for your BCA.

Know the Eligibility Criteria / Admission Process / Entrance Exams (such as CUET & other Private Colleges' its own Entrance Exams) you will have to appear in.

There are multiple career options after BCA, but depends upon which specialization you will choose, which specilizations are available in the college you will join & which all skills you will upgrade. Some of the examples of specializations available for BCA are:

1) Software Development
2) Cyber Security
3) Data Analytics
4) Web Development
5) Mobile Application Development
6) Networking & System Administration
7) Cloud Computing
8) Digital Marketing
9) Multimedia & Animation
10) AI & ML
11) Full Stack Development & More.

After you get admission into BCA in any college:

1) Try to maintain a good academic performance.
2) Involve in co/extra-curricular activities.
3) Keep upgrading your skills, as recommended by your college faculties.
4) Start researching about the Recruiters/Companies visited your college for Campus Recruitment.
5) Have a Professional LinkedIn Profile.
6) Put Job Alerts related to your domain in LinkedIn.
7) Get notifications of job vacancies and go through the JD (Job Description) of each.
8) Know the Job Market Trends & keep analyzing how it changes till your 3rd year.
9) Connect with Professionals of your domain, get their advice/views/opinions for your Career Growth
10) At the end of your 3rd year, start applying for jobs through LinkedIn, matching your Profile and also prepare for your Campus Interview.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.