Home > User

Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help


Ramalingam Kalirajan3848 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on May 08, 2024

Asked on - Apr 17, 2024Hindi

Hi Sir, I am investing in SIP since last 5years and presently below are the SIP's. 1. PARAG PARIKH FLEXI CAP FUND - GROWTH - 20000, 2. SBI FOCUSED EQUITY FUND REGULAR GROWTH -5000 ,3. Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund - 20000 , 4. Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fun - 5000 , 5. Mirae Asset Large Cap - 10000 6. AXIS MIDCAP FUND - 10000 . Apart from SIP , PPF and SSY - 1.5lakh /year each With the SIP's any modification required please suggest. and my goal plan is as my daughter aged 5years now for her Education ,marriage and self retirements after 20 years and a house of 50lakhs at 2030. can it be ok . give more idea on this financial planning base on my goal.
Ans: It's fantastic to see your dedication to investing and planning for your future and your daughter's. Let's dive into your current SIP portfolio and goal planning:
• Firstly, kudos on maintaining a disciplined approach to SIP investing over the past five years. Consistency is key!
• Your SIP portfolio consists of a mix of flexi-cap, large-cap, mid-cap, and focused equity funds, providing diversification across market segments.
• Additionally, investing in PPF and SSY reflects your commitment to long-term savings and securing your daughter's future.
Now, let's focus on your goals:
• Education & Marriage: Allocating funds for your daughter's education and marriage is crucial. Consider estimating the future expenses for these goals and adjusting your investment allocations accordingly.
• Retirement: Planning for your retirement after 20 years is wise. Ensure your investment portfolio aligns with your retirement goals and risk tolerance. Regularly review and adjust your investments as needed.
• Home Purchase: Saving for a house by 2030 is a significant goal. Factor in inflation and property price trends while estimating the required corpus. You may need to increase your savings rate or explore additional investment avenues.
Here are some additional pointers:
• Regular Review: Periodically review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your goals and risk tolerance.
• Emergency Fund: Build an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses to handle unforeseen financial challenges.
• Professional Advice: Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner to fine-tune your financial plan and receive personalized advice tailored to your goals and circumstances.
Remember, financial planning is a dynamic process, and adjustments may be needed along the way. Keep up the good work, and if you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out. You're on the right track to financial success!

Ramalingam Kalirajan3848 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on Apr 17, 2024

Asked on - Jan 12, 2024Hindi


Sanjeev Govila458 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 20, 2023

Asked on - Sep 06, 2023Hindi

Dear Sir I am a daily reader of your posts. You are requested to please give your valuable opinion as many times i sent you e-mail. Please find the details of my monthly SIP investment continuing since 2019. And I want to do long term investment. PARAG PARIKH FLEXI CAP FUND – GROWTH - 10000 SBI FOCUSED EQUITY FUND REGULAR GROWTH -10000 Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund - Regular Plan Growth Option- 10000 Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund Regular Growth- 10000 Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund Growth Plan -10000 AXIS MIDCAP FUND – GROWTH- 10000 Any modification/changes required in terms of portfolio, please suggest. Below Tax Planning amounts want to withdraw, so where to park or save these same money please guide.. Present value is about double i.e 2lakh each MOTILAL OSWAL LONG TERM EQUITY FUND – GROWTH – 1lakh HDFC HYBRID EQUITY FUND - REGULAR PLAN – GROWTH- 1lakh Also, Suggest for a long term investment for baby girl child. Is it required separate investment of my wife (house wife) with the SIP . Regards Sumanta
Ans: As per your queries, we have given our recommendations below:

1. Overall, your investment portfolio is well-diversified and includes a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and flexi-cap funds and also the funds you have in your portfolio, they all are fundamentally good and have been stable performers in their categories which is a good approach for long-term investment. You can continue to invest in these funds without any changes suggested.

2. Now if we talk about the tax planning and if you are not going to choose the old regime of tax, then we would suggest you to park this amount in mix of some equity and more in hybrid funds as you have already taken the position in pure equity-oriented funds. Also,in current scenario, Motilal Oswal Long-Term equity Fund is not performing up to the mark.

3. For long-term investment for your baby girl child, you can start a SIP in a well - diversified portfolio including some large cap, mid cap, hybrid funds (which invest in a mix of equity and debt) and small cap funds also for long term wealth building considering the long term horizon.

Also you can invest in specially designed product in mutual fund for children like Children gift funds etc which come with the lock-in of 5 years.

Apart from this you can also go with some government promoted schemes like PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana etc.

4. Yes, you can have separate investments (through monthly SIPs, not with enlarged amount otherwise clubbing of income is applicable) in the name of your wife for tax planning purpose.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds